Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Zhang Yen
Officer

Post by Zhang Yen »

Jiang Xi bowed in a motion to both address his host and rid himself of the dust that he had collected since entering,

"I will be direct-- I have be slighted, and I don't believe my will alone is enough to exact proper vengeance. Lend me men to ensure the destruction of the wretched dog Liu Jin and those who would dare follow him, and, in exchange, I will offer you my talents, along with those of my companions. You will not find a greater leader of men, nor a hound more loyal, than myself."
Jiang Xi (27), styled Xiutong//100*-68-70-80*-24]
[Envelop II, Military Administrator II, Sortie II, Wall II]
[Military Methods of Sun Bin (Com+5), The Analects (Com+3, Jud+3)]
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Zhang Yen

Xiang Kai drew his body back slightly towards his throne, lifting his right hand placing it on his chin. "Liu Jin? If I recall correctly, his domain is on the other side of Li Zhu's lands, quite some distance from here in Liang. In addition, this domain of his spans two provinces, thus it would be necessary to expend a significant amount of manpower if one were to take him down, much more than Liang can offer to support your aims. If Liu Jin's lands bordered my own, it would be another matter. But as it stands, I am afraid I cannot help you. If I may ask, is vengeance against this man now your primary aim in your visit here?"

Freefall

"Understand the others' needs and desires you say?" Kai cocked his eyebrow. "So what are your liege's desires? How can I be assured that if I let my guard down on my southern border, I won't soon see his troops driving into Liang or Jiaoxi?"
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

The diplomat spoke frankly and honestly. Keeping in concert with the rules of court the enoy did not display and stance of confrontation or arrogance. His lord ran his court differently, but the man before Xiang Kai new that such a casual attaitude could be seen as an offront. So he stayed prim and proper as the ettiqute of state required...

Envoy: Lord Xiang, anything we say here can only be taken at face value. So you ask what assurances there are, and my response is none. There is nothing I can do to make you believe any other way then what your perceptions are. What I can do is illumanate some of the events my lord has done in his time here in teh empire in an attempt tp alter your perception of our ruler.

He took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing...

Envoy: When the Marqius Yi was in power, Jiang Sei was not a member of her court. Nor was he a vassal under her control. He was his own man with his own army that sought to proetct his homeland of Huainan. In fact when Yi Lian sent mercanaries to take Huaiyin, it was Jiang Sei acting indepenetly to aid the city. So much so that when her forces came to teh city it's very people sought my master to rule them instead of her. After her death at the hands of Xiang Jun, my lord sent amissive to you pleading with you not to invade. It was not for fear of battle for our forces met...instead it was for fear of bloodshed in a region already suffering from loss. When our forces clashed and the engament ended in our favor, my lord meet with your Supreme Commander. Ask him how my Liege treated him and his brother who was our prisoner. Respect, honor, these are ideals that my lord follows. We could have luanched attacks into liang immedatly after our fight, instead an enoy went to Chen She to broker peace...My lord has personal issues with Xiang Jun, but he undtersands what you were trying to do. He respects Chen She greatly for his support of our rule, and honors him accordingly. These are fact not impression, they have all be documented, and these are the events that show how my lord is. He doesn't want to invade Liang...If there are conerns with meeting him he would be happy share missives with you to discuss this further.
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Shadow
Stabbed!

Post by Shadow »

"A counterattack?" A voice, from behind a column, let out.
"Jiang Sei employs envoys that use subtle threats in diplomacy?
How odd, isn't it?"
There seemed to be no face or body to the calm speaking voice; just words. It was a familiar voice to all present with the exception of the envoy from Huainan.
"Your lord did indeed treat the Xun brothers well, a fact that was brought to the attention of King Xiang, but to say that the Marquis could have launched a counterattack is a bit pushing your own boundaries, don't you think so?" The voice asked in peculiar earnest. He said nothing more as to not excite any unwanted attention.
Xun Shang (22) 77-20-83-74-18
Aid II, Decoy II, Confuse II, Military Administrator II, Volley II

* Dreamer actually liked Sherman.
<Dreamer> That guy was badass.
<Dreamer> If Lee would have been more like him, we could have won. :<
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Envoy: I did not say the attack would be successful my lord only that he could have but chose not to. I only am stating he has tried diplomacy and peacful negotations other that warlike endevours.

He bowed as he spoke to the newcomer...
Jiang Sei (35)
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

An assassin, a swordsman, a wanderer. All described well the man that had adopted the pseudonym, Xian Jue. With masterful skills and tremendous passion, he had wandered the lands, creating a name that had become both famous and infamous throughout the lands. After escaping from an interminable and painful incarceration within the depths of the Imperial dungeons in Xianyang, he had returned briefly to his adopted homeland, trying to help a worthy individual achieve his goals. But his trip to his adopted homeland was all for naught as the cowardly Jin Kai surrendered his cities to Li Zhu. With sadness, Xian Jue almost decided to execute Jin Kai for his cowardice, but ultimately refrained.

Furious, the swordsman headed south, arriving before the gates of the city of Dingtao. Mounted upon his sword and with his sword clasped across his chest, with the hilt rested on his right shoulder, he spoke, addressing the soldiers on duty. "I request an audience with your lord . . ."
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Cao Chao

One of the soldiers stepped forward and welcomed the man, "Of course, come this way. King Xiang Kai always accepts visitors. Follow me."

Assuming Xian Jue follows, he is led through the city, directly to the steps of the audience hall. He approached the guard captain, who looked the guest up and down before speaking, "I see you have brought a visitor. For the King, I suspect?"

Without waiting for an answer, he turned his gaze from the soldier to the new arrival atop his horse. "We can take your horse into our stables for food and water, if you would like. Or we can attend to him here while you visit our lord. Yes, and how would you like yourself to be presented to him? What is your name?"

Freefall

Kai smiled when Shang spoke up from behind him. It was good that he was showing greater interest in the foreign relations of Liang. "Well, you have given me much to think about. I shall consult with King Chen She about what you have said before I come to a conclusion as to what our relations should be. I hope this suffices? Is there anything else your lord would like to speak of?"
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Envoy: Your reception and desire to further look towards peace is all my lord requested of me to pursue here. I hope we can move forward and find eachother working on more amicable terms. My lord will make himself available should you wish further discussions on this matter.

With that the envoy made to leave at the dismissal of the ruling lord.
Jiang Sei (35)
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Naxr wrote:One of the soldiers stepped forward and welcomed the man, "Of course, come this way. King Xiang Kai always accepts visitors. Follow me."

Assuming Xian Jue follows, he is led through the city, directly to the steps of the audience hall. He approached the guard captain, who looked the guest up and down before speaking, "I see you have brought a visitor. For the King, I suspect?"

Without waiting for an answer, he turned his gaze from the soldier to the new arrival atop his horse. "We can take your horse into our stables for food and water, if you would like. Or we can attend to him here while you visit our lord. Yes, and how would you like yourself to be presented to him? What is your name?"
In one smooth motion, the swordsman dismounted from the horse, handing the reins to one of the soldiers. "Give it some hay and some water," he said, as he patted the horse's neck comfortingly. "He's carried me faithfully for a long distance and he is tired."

"You can inform the King that the swordmaster known as Xian Jue is here, requesting an audience," he continued, as he turned to face the guard captain.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guard captain nodded to the soldier with the reins, who then proceeded to lead the horse to the stables. Turning back to Xian Jue, he waved in the direction of the giant entrance to the audience hall, "Come, follow me."

Assuming he follows, he is led through the doors and into the hall. About a minute of walking later, the two found themselves about twenty paces from the throne where King Xiang Kai sat. On both sides of him stood Kai's elite guard, ready to defend their lord at all times. Among this guard was Dan Ro, Kai's personal bodyguard. The guard captain announced once Kai laid his eyes upon him, "Xian Jue is here to see you," he bowed.

Kai looked to the visitor and spoke, "Xian Jue, welcome to my audience hall. How may I help you?"