Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Jiang Bao arrived in the city of Zhaoge. The last time he was here, it was Lord Xia and his own lord was very much smaller. Several months later, Lord Xia is no more and his daughter apparently disappeared as well.

His own King has directed him to Zhaoge trying to seek confirmation of past treaties apparently.

So here he is again. Approaching the guards he said "My name is Jiang Bao, representative of Wei, my rank is Manager of Wei Trade Federation (Sweatshops), I wish to speak with your lord. You may search me if you like. All I posses is my crossbow which you can keep it for safekeeping."
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

The guard calmly states, "A messenger of a King does not need to be searched, but it would be better if we took your crossbow."
Assuming the man gave up his crossbow, he is sent through the winding halls of Zhaoge, until he arrives at the audience hall of soon to be King of Zhao, Li Zhu, to his left is the General Huangfu Chu, and the building is bordered with a guard at each corner.
Li Zhu stated, "Good day, sir."
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Jiang Bao bowed to the King and said "Greeting oh King of Zhao! My name is Jiang Bao, representing the King of Wei, Liu Jin on a diplomatic mission. I would like to thank you for your time with me."

He remained quiet until the King of Zhao allowed him to continue further.
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu replied jovially, "I have heard many things about the King of Wei, that he has united the provinces of Dai and Wei without bloodshed, and that he has been committed in rooting out the bandit problem that we all face. Too bad your king was not a King of the South East, or perhaps Huaiyin would still stand today. Now, what brings you here today?"
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Jiang Bao replied a little uneasy "Ah yes to business, the thing is sometime ago, my King's closest aide, Prefect Yuan Shu signed a non aggression pact with your former leader's daughter, that is Xia Gongzhu."

'Thats the easy part' Jiang Bao thought. He breathe in and continued "We have heard reports that Xia Gongshu is no longer part of the Yin administration and we are left wondering if the pact is still standing. We must clarify that we have no idea what was happening in Yin at that time nor do we wish to interfer since its your internal matter. This issue of whether that non aggression pact is being ratified is causing great pain for my King back in Wei."
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu smiled, "I heard that the woman has been seen up north, but she has failed to ever present me any documents of her work, if you were to have a copy of the document with you, I would be happy to support it myself."
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Jiang Bao said "That is most interesting. We never knew that she did not communicate anything to you, my King. I have that document with me. Please allow me to retrieve it from my backpack. It would be most embarrassing if I forgot to bring it."

Digging it out from his backpack, well preserved. it wrote
Mutual Protection Pact of the Kingdoms of Wei and Zhao

Resolved, on this day of March, in the year 208, that the two states of Wei and Zhao will be bound in a pact of mutual benefit, protection and aid against aggression from other lands, and other forces, be they bandits or nations, as equals and partners, as sibling states and fellow nations under Heaven.

No military acts of aggression shall be performed by either force against the other force.
No acts of espionage shall be used by either force against the other force.
Official envoys gain diplomatic immunity.
Defensive support must be supplied if possible, unless the party is bound by another treaty, at which point they will try to get the third party to call off the attack.
Offensive aid is negotiable.

Signed, henceforth, under the eyes of King Liu, Duchess Xia and General Yuan.
He continued "This is the old one, I suppose, do you wish to redo it, my King?"
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu, reading through the treaty and says, "I am fully in favor in all of the terms for the treaty, but the treaty fails to go far enough in spirit. May I write something more fitting to our friendship?"
Without waiting for a reply, Li Zhu puts together a draft of a treaty, and has it handed to the envoy, it says:
The kingdoms of Wei and Zhao which were once rivaling states, hearby come together in the spirit of friendship and comradery. They are to act as brother arms in this troubled era against barbarians in the north, and fell demons in the west. Where one of the two brother kingdoms moves, the other follows with utmost diligence and celerity. In these following ways, the kingdoms shall treat each other:
-Any friend of the kingdom of one is to be treated as friend in the land of the other.
-Any state at war with one nation is at war with the other.
-Any needs which one country possesses, the other country shall work its hardest to meet them.
-In times of war and peace, the two nations shall work hand in hand to overcome in adverse foes and challenges.
Hearby signed by King Li Zhu of Zhao.
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Jiang Bao replied "My King, can I assume that your terms are being added on? Technically I have no authority to negotiate on behalf of my King. If you agree with our earlier agreement on these are new terms added, I would have to return back to Wei to seek approval from my King. Is that ok with you?"
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu nods, and says, "I hope your travels to Wei are safe, then."