Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

RuffRydeR wrote:"Recall the Regent? You think I haven't tried that already? The man is on a personal desire for expansion, and unless we ourselves hurry with our actions, I fear peace will be enforced simply by the needless spilling of the blood of thousands, good men and women, soldiers all, that could be better served, that could be better off fighting for one purpose instead. I seek to speak to Duke Fei myself...a letter is on its way there, done wth some careful measure in quiet. I speak of it now, for I am sure it has already arrived."

She sighed, and nodded, "Alright, I agree about the old states of Zhou and Lu. We cannot keep all the legacies of Zhongyuan's civility alive, it seems. But Wei, Zhou, Yan, Qi, Chu and the resurgent Duchy of Song are all definitely states that seem ready of capable government. However, the provinces amidst the Northern heartlands, like Dai, Changshan, Jiaodong and especially Jibei, seem to have their fates constantly in doubt. I know Lady Lu deems herself deserving of a duchy in Jibei...and so do maybe five other people, it seems. I cannot call myself her friend if I will disagree that she has a right to the claim."

Leaning back, and rubbing her forehead, the troubled princess resignedly said,

"I will do my best. But we must conduct these meets quickly, swiftly, and bring the parties involved together into agreement as speedily as possible. I fear what both Yan and my Regent have planned for next month. Jibei is merely a symptom. The entire North will catch aflame if we do not hurry."
Jin Kai's brow furrowed. "If you do not have the power to withdraw your regent, how then are we to proceed? I have heard of your father's illness, which, unfortunately, may be the biggest obstacle here, as it is the reason the Regent has gained the power he has. My only thought is that pressure from all surrounding states could force him to acquiesce to your proposal."
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Big Grizzy wrote:Jin Kai's brow furrowed. "If you do not have the power to withdraw your regent, how then are we to proceed? I have heard of your father's illness, which, unfortunately, may be the biggest obstacle here, as it is the reason the Regent has gained the power he has. My only thought is that pressure from all surrounding states could force him to acquiesce to your proposal."
"I do have the power...Just not the support. Our lands are a bit too liberal, and I don't think that's a bad thing. But so far, the officials of the court are supportive of his conduct of the war, and are really enamoured by his martial prowess to allow me to give such an order. Unless I can settle this peaceful in a manner that seems favourable to the whole court...Well, pressure might, but the Regent is a hardy man. It might only make him kick harder as well. But I'll see...There isn't much I suppose I could do...but I'll see. All I know is we must contact the other states about the idea..."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

RuffRydeR wrote: "I do have the power...Just not the support. Our lands are a bit too liberal, and I don't think that's a bad thing. But so far, the officials of the court are supportive of his conduct of the war, and are really enamoured by his martial prowess to allow me to give such an order. Unless I can settle this peaceful in a manner that seems favourable to the whole court...Well, pressure might, but the Regent is a hardy man. It might only make him kick harder as well. But I'll see...There isn't much I suppose I could do...but I'll see. All I know is we must contact the other states about the idea..."
Jin Kai went into deep thought, but when his eyes refocused on Lady Xia, it wasn't him that spoke. In his gravelly voice, Wu Bei gave his thoughts on the matter. "Battle may be the solution to the problem. Given what I have heard of the man, he is a general before he is a regent. Men of war are defined by their accomplishments on the field. If he fails in Jibei, would that give you enough leverage with the court?"

"Looking at the plans my brother agreed to with Duke Fei, there is not meant to be a grand battle between the forces in the province. The forces we sent were merely to chase Lady Lu and her forces out. If he cannot force a battle, or if he loses a pitched battle, his political power should drop sharply. I think it should provide you with enough of a wedge to drive between him and his political support, as well as give weight to the idea of a peaceful solution."
Jin Sui (23)

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

OOPS, double post. =( Sorry.
Last edited by RuffRydeR on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
53-108*-34-81-78
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Big Grizzy wrote: "Looking at the plans my brother agreed to with Duke Fei, there is not meant to be a grand battle between the forces in the province. The forces we sent were merely to chase Lady Lu and her forces out. If he cannot force a battle, or if he loses a pitched battle, his political power should drop sharply. I think it should provide you with enough of a wedge to drive between him and his political support, as well as give weight to the idea of a peaceful solution."
"Well, if that had been the idea...it seems your plans have failed this month. Lady Lu's forces are still, and will still be in Jibei for the current month. For I believe she has advanced on undefended Donga...a necessity for mustering your troops to put on an impressive display. However, I'll be the first to inform you that the Regent had never planned for battle this month. And so...his whole detailed plan having come to fruition once again, with everything still in schedule, his success only grows in everyone's eyes."

She shakes her head, shrugs, and says,

"A defeat would do that, I suppose, but the biggest trouble in any coalition, such as one you have made, and the one I seek to form...is coordination. And the regent knows this fully. Take care, and ride hastily to Duke Fei...Maybe I'll get my leverage next month...Maybe not. Eitherways, I know now what needs be done for the North. I just pray the time comes when I am not so helpless to put it into place..."
53-108*-34-81-78
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

RuffRydeR wrote: "Well, if that had been the idea...it seems your plans have failed this month. Lady Lu's forces are still, and will still be in Jibei for the current month. For I believe she has advanced on undefended Donga...a necessity for mustering your troops to put on an impressive display. However, I'll be the first to inform you that the Regent had never planned for battle this month. And so...his whole detailed plan having come to fruition once again, with everything still in schedule, his success only grows in everyone's eyes."

She shakes her head, shrugs, and says,

"A defeat would do that, I suppose, but the biggest trouble in any coalition, such as one you have made, and the one I seek to form...is coordination. And the regent knows this fully. Take care, and ride hastily to Duke Fei...Maybe I'll get my leverage next month...Maybe not. Eitherways, I know now what needs be done for the North. I just pray the time comes when I am not so helpless to put it into place..."
"I expected as much. If Li Zhu is powerless to force a decisive battle in Jibei, it should be beneficial to talks of peace. I held back my best generals and a part of my forces because I expected this to be a simple matter of posturing between Li Zhu and Fei Lak, which seems to indeed be the case."

Jin Kai sadly nodded when dismissed. "I will go now to see Duke Fei and see if I can convince of this plan. I believe that stopping your regent's mad advance is the linchpin for success in this matter, however." He gave a long pause. "Well, we each must do what we can. Good evening, Duchess." He and Wu Bei then turned to leave. Barring any interference, they do so.
Jin Sui (23)

Lionheart
The best KT Monkey
Location: I once ran away from the god of Fear and gave into despair~

Post by Lionheart »

Sporky wrote:Li Zhu smiled and said, "This looks all just fine to me, do you have the paper?"
"Sure thing, Regent," Ba Zhan said as he reached into his statchel and withdrew a paper case. Opening the said case, he withdrew a long sheet of paper with the terms clearly laid out on them.
The Treaty wrote:This paper is to announce the formal alliance between the two administrations of Liang and Yin, hereby referred to as Party A and Party B, respectfully. Seeing that the mutual defense and cooperation between two powerful states in this day and age is a matter of paramount import, both parties hereby agree to:

- No aggressive military or subterfuge actions are to be taken against one another, no matter the circumstances. That includes but is not limited to: spying, invading, sharing information with the other party's rival states.
- Any spying information obtained by one administration is to be shared with the other administration in this treaty.
- Either party will not attempt to recruit away vassals already in service to the other party.
- Military aid to be administered when one party is under attack from another state. The size of the assistance is to be deemed workable by the reinforcing party, but in the event of an attack upon either party A or B, the other side must come to the aid of the other if geography allows.
- Economic aid between the two parties as agreed upon to be worthwhile and workable by both parties. Either party is able to refuse such aid on any circumstance without endangering the relations between administrations A and B.

Signed in good faith by:

~ Duke Xiang Kai of Liang
~ ___________________
"Tha' look okay ta ya, Regent Li? Or is there somthin' else ya want ta add?"
Last edited by Lionheart on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ba Rong (仈荣) the Lionheart (狮心) (25) 91*-91*-44-65-20*
Aid I, Charge II, Instructor II, Raid II, Rupture II, Scout I, Qiangshu I

[15:47] * bond4154 has yet to see a Communist crack a good joke.
[15:17] <KungZhi> I sodomize my students every day.
[14:32] <Dreamer> Hitler is so kawaii~
[22:11] <Angelic_Crux> "You can't understand Asia. Asia is totally baffling unless you have a degree in Asianism."
[13:32] <Stedfel> My mother, despite what the beard would tell you, is a woman.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Big Grizzy wrote:"I expected as much. If Li Zhu is powerless to force a decisive battle in Jibei, it should be beneficial to talks of peace. I held back my best generals and a part of my forces because I expected this to be a simple matter of posturing between Li Zhu and Fei Lak, which seems to indeed be the case."

Jin Kai sadly nodded when dismissed. "I will go now to see Duke Fei and see if I can convince of this plan. I believe that stopping your regent's mad advance is the linchpin for success in this matter, however." He gave a long pause. "Well, we each must do what we can. Good evening, Duchess." He and Wu Bei then turned to leave. Barring any interference, they do so.
Liangyu nods, and sadly bids them leave... The decisive battle, huh...If they did not hurry, this battle may turn out to be all too decisive...

"Farewell, sirs. Heaven be with you. Take care..."
53-108*-34-81-78
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu smirked and responded, "No, this will do just fine, just let me add my signature at the bottom."

Li Zhu signs the treaty between Liang and Yin.
Lionheart
The best KT Monkey
Location: I once ran away from the god of Fear and gave into despair~

Post by Lionheart »

Royalspork wrote:Li Zhu smirked and responded, "No, this will do just fine, just let me add my signature at the bottom."

Li Zhu signs the treaty between Liang and Yin.
"Great," Ba Zhan said with a smile and another bow. "It's been a nice time talkin' ta ya, Regent Li. Ah hope tha' this brings us closer in th' face of th' Qin and other threats posed ta us. If ya want, Ah can get a scribe ta make a copy fo' ya and get it ta ya by th' end o' th' day."

Ba Zhan scratched his bearded chin for a moment, before going on with, "While Ah'm 'ere, Ah might as well ask ya...how're things goin' in Yin these days? Ah'm told tha' ya're gettin' inta a conflict wit' Yan. How's yer diplomatic situation? How're things on th' homefront wit' yer cities, towns an' villages, if ya don't mind mah askin'?"
Ba Rong (仈荣) the Lionheart (狮心) (25) 91*-91*-44-65-20*
Aid I, Charge II, Instructor II, Raid II, Rupture II, Scout I, Qiangshu I

[15:47] * bond4154 has yet to see a Communist crack a good joke.
[15:17] <KungZhi> I sodomize my students every day.
[14:32] <Dreamer> Hitler is so kawaii~
[22:11] <Angelic_Crux> "You can't understand Asia. Asia is totally baffling unless you have a degree in Asianism."
[13:32] <Stedfel> My mother, despite what the beard would tell you, is a woman.