Jiang Sei's Audience Hall - Huainan

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Where one would expect large grnad palaces or mansions, the ruler of Huainan spends most his time on the deck of his massive tradeship, the Pallid Harrier, which is where Hua Liang finds himself.

At the base of teh ship is a well built and sturdy dock, where soldiers and diplomats congregrate in a receiving hall.

The senior captain on duty looked over the letter and nodded to his fellows. A slighter built man approached and bowed before the stranger, gesturing for him to follow...

Attendant: If you would follow me sir...

The smaller man leads the man tp the deck of the ship where a tall man is seen speaking with a group of elderly statemen. He is wardrobe is simple but clean, and he is well groomed. Loose fighting clothing common to those whose trade is in teh sea are adorning his person. The attendant gestures for teh pair to wait as a group of soldiers approach. After a quick exchange he is lead up to the tall man. The attendant steps forward and bows, speaking in a clear voice as the statemen file away...

Attendant: Minister Hua Liang is here at your request my lord...

The tall man smiles and he bows his head to the man before in a gesture of respect.

Sei: Ahh I had recieved a missive stating you would come, I am happy to finally meet you. Come let us speak of those details I wrote to you about...

The ruler leads the visiting officer to an small raised dias near the prow of the ship. From their vantage point, workers could be seen working on the town itself, repairing damaged buildings and paving teh way for new ones. Offering a seat to his guest, refreshments are brought for teh pair to partake of.

Sei: Not so long ago this ship was cutting teh waves of the seas, delievring goods to the coastal villages of our land. Now, its my office and home. Please forgive teh state of the town, it is undergoing major repairs due to a tragic accident a season ago...One of the reasons I need keen men such as yourself to work with. I will not hide the truth, the state of the province is uncertain. We have enemies around us, one who may return with vegeneance, others who offer peace only to drag us further into war...These are difficult times for us...

His candor is honest and upfront, though releaxed and confident, as he speaks with his guest...
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

Freefall wrote:Where one would expect large grnad palaces or mansions, the ruler of Huainan spends most his time on the deck of his massive tradeship, the Pallid Harrier, which is where Hua Liang finds himself.

At the base of teh ship is a well built and sturdy dock, where soldiers and diplomats congregrate in a receiving hall.

The senior captain on duty looked over the letter and nodded to his fellows. A slighter built man approached and bowed before the stranger, gesturing for him to follow...

Attendant: If you would follow me sir...

The smaller man leads the man tp the deck of the ship where a tall man is seen speaking with a group of elderly statemen. He is wardrobe is simple but clean, and he is well groomed. Loose fighting clothing common to those whose trade is in teh sea are adorning his person. The attendant gestures for teh pair to wait as a group of soldiers approach. After a quick exchange he is lead up to the tall man. The attendant steps forward and bows, speaking in a clear voice as the statemen file away...

Attendant: Minister Hua Liang is here at your request my lord...

The tall man smiles and he bows his head to the man before in a gesture of respect.

Sei: Ahh I had recieved a missive stating you would come, I am happy to finally meet you. Come let us speak of those details I wrote to you about...

The ruler leads the visiting officer to an small raised dias near the prow of the ship. From their vantage point, workers could be seen working on the town itself, repairing damaged buildings and paving teh way for new ones. Offering a seat to his guest, refreshments are brought for teh pair to partake of.

Sei: Not so long ago this ship was cutting teh waves of the seas, delievring goods to the coastal villages of our land. Now, its my office and home. Please forgive teh state of the town, it is undergoing major repairs due to a tragic accident a season ago...One of the reasons I need keen men such as yourself to work with. I will not hide the truth, the state of the province is uncertain. We have enemies around us, one who may return with vegeneance, others who offer peace only to drag us further into war...These are difficult times for us...

His candor is honest and upfront, though releaxed and confident, as he speaks with his guest...
Hua Liang has dismounted from his steed, leaving it in the capable hands of the guards. He looks over the ship with a curious eye, studying the damage from port to stern. As he allows Minister Sei's words to wash over him, he pauses to reflect.

He then takes his flute to his mouth, and plays a short melody - no longer than 10 seconds. It's a forlorn sound, yet one tingling with a slow, cautious hope.

He then looks to the Minister

Hua Liang: "The western fire has met the eastern ocean, an unlikely union... but one that is pleasing to me. For fire is order, spreading with a determined pattern, the certainty of destruction, while water is chaos… falls from the sky, gathers in the sea, ebbs and flows… and not even the most savvy sailer can predict its motions with certainty.”

He smiles now, his voice is calm… even melodic.

Hua Liang: “If you permit me, I will be a fire for your community – tamed flame, not that of destruction. A kindred flame brings warmth and life, and this… I can do for your land. Willing workers break their backs, repairing your community, but are not guided by one who understands the intricacies of community planning. This… I can bring to you.”

He plays a quick beat upon his flute – a swift three note beat of optimism.

Hua Liang: “If you wish the fire to warm your hearth, you need only state your offer – and I will accept it, or refuse it.”
"He who masters both order and chaos will inherit the world."
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Confuse II, Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Public Planner II
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

The sea captain nodded, the mixture of sounds and spoken word, in a such a melodic pattern was intresting to the warrior. It only added to the uniqueness of the man before him...

Sei: I can offer a steady salary, with a position as a minister high within my cabinet, I currently have some openings that I am looking to fill that belonged to some former magistrates. I will utilize your skills to manage one my holdings, and you will be looked to for guidance and leadership should the need come for a more envolping flame. Becuase of this need I will also offer compensation in the way of rewards for your continued assistance and involvment.
Jiang Sei (35)
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

Freefall wrote:The sea captain nodded, the mixture of sounds and spoken word, in a such a melodic pattern was intresting to the warrior. It only added to the uniqueness of the man before him...

Sei: I can offer a steady salary, with a position as a minister high within my cabinet, I currently have some openings that I am looking to fill that belonged to some former magistrates. I will utilize your skills to manage one my holdings, and you will be looked to for guidance and leadership should the need come for a more envolping flame. Becuase of this need I will also offer compensation in the way of rewards for your continued assistance and involvment.
The offer is met by a fine, single note from the flute, before he sets it down.

Hua Ling: "Your offer is nondescript, but I respect that you are a man who values what he sees, not what others say."

He folds his arms behind his back

Hua Ling: "The fire will warm your hearth, but make note of one thing. The kindling used will determine what kind of fire you create. Kindle it well with land, title and wealth... and pay it respect, heed and listen to its council, and it will burn brightly for you.

He then, issues two notes - coarse and harsh to the ear.

Hua Ling: "Kindle it the way you would an average torch, heed it only when it suits you, reward it insufficently for its successes... and you will find the fire to be unremarkable, barely casting enough light to see beyond the shadows that surround your land. As long as you can understand this, that - like any fire - this one needs to feel it has ample attention and kindling... we will work well together, minister. Otherwise, I thank you for the kind words, and company, and shall continue upon the wind."
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

The Marqius paused a moment taking in what this man had said. He ran his hand over his clean cut goatee, he glanced over to his left where an osprey sat on perch. Recognizing it was being gazed at, the sea bird let out a slight cawing sound, and ruffeled a few of its feathers...The bird look keenly at Hua Liang, and ever time the mans flute touched his lips teh sounds seemed to enthrall the predatory animal.

Sei: She does seem to like you...

The tall man snapped his fingers and and an attendant dressed in the provincial livery came forward with an drak chestnut case. Setting it down before the guest, Jiang Sei turned and opened it, reveling a badge of station denoting the rank of Magistrate. Also a small pouch containing some currency.

Sei: I intend to see this fire blaze with intesity, and intestiy that with burn away the atrocities of this town and help to bring stability to this region. If you you are willing, accept this badge of station, and I would ask you to see to the develop of this very city. While I manage my armires from here, I will look to you to assist and guide.

He offers the case to Hua Liang...
Jiang Sei (35)
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

He observes the bird casually, taking the bird of prey in. Indeed, there was a gracefulness to the creature that made Hua Liang consider it for awhile. At least until his mind is distracted by the case.

His eyes seem to shine brighter as he looks at the case, and accepts what is inside them with an open arm. He nods solemnly at this, and places the coins in his back pocket, and lifts his flute to his lips. Before blowing, however, he speaks.

Hua Liang: "If you have time for a song... I would play the Triumph of Zhou. It is one of my favorites... to commemorate what promises to be a most bright and prosperous future for our land."

If permitted, he begins to play.

The Western Fire has joined Magistrate Jiang Sei of Huainan
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Sei: Play on my friend...

Jiang Sei allows himself to be distracted by the music if only for a moment. Perhaps it would allow him a brief reprieve to think of better times, no not better...different...

Hua Liang recieves 300 Gold from Jiang Sei and the Rank of Magistrate...
Jiang Sei (35)
Quince
New Recruit

Post by Quince »

Shen Te arrives at the ship of Jiang Sei after a long ride. Although he was exhausted, he was eager to meet Lord Jiang Sei. Shen Te goes up to the attendants and the guard captain...

Shen Te: Greetings, I am Shen Te. I am here at the request of Jiang Sei, and I think he is expecting me.
Shen Te(26) 53-20-92-80-57. Public Planner II, Propagandist II, Jeer III, Confuse III
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Shen Te finds himself before a large trade vessel sitting in the water of Huaiyin. There are a number of buildings near the shore line and one can see that the building of a harbor is being done. The captain on duty nods his head to the visitor and sends and attendant into the ship. He gestures to a pair of soldiers who come to flank the visitor as the captain leads them to the deck of the massive vessel.

Standing on teh deck itself speaking with a young man is a tall lean man. His skin tanned from years on teh sea. The attendant is on one knee before the tall figure and the small group turns to the approaching Shen Te. Walking over with a graceful step, the two groups appraoch as the captain speaks out.

Captain: Marqius, Shen Te is here to see you...

The tall man bows his head to the visitor...

Jiang Sei: Greeings Master Shen, I am Jiang Sei. I must say, your letter was of great intrest to me. Please come join me...

He turned over to the youth he was speaking with and addressed him, he alos gestured to teh captain and the pair of guards, causing them to lag behind a bit giving the visiting man some space.

Jiang Sei: Ya, please see tat we recieve some refreshments.

The youth turns and walks over to a group of servents and begins a conversation with them as the Marqius gestures to a small sitting area on the prow of the boat. He trusn and leads the visting officer to the area offering him a seat. The marqius stays standing however and addresses hs guest.

Jiang Sei: So Master Shen...How can we help each other?
Jiang Sei (35)
Quince
New Recruit

Post by Quince »

Shen Te bows to his host, and takes a seat after the Marquis if he does so.

Shen Te: "I am happy to have this chance to meet you. I was referred to you in a sort of backwards way. I received a letter from one Xiang Kai, and then I asked him what he thought of the lords of the land. He said that he didn't appreciate you much, and so that made me curious. I want to be where I can apply my talents to the utmost for a lord that truly needs them in a time of action. If other lords seek to grate against you, I will gladly apply my skill to turn the tables on them."
Shen Te(26) 53-20-92-80-57. Public Planner II, Propagandist II, Jeer III, Confuse III