Tian Dan's Audience Hall - Chenggao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Galagros wrote:The King listened to the Lady intently, wondering why she had come to visit. He winced noticeably when she mentioned him having any connections to the pretenders in Jiaodong. When she had finished with her rather long composition, Tian Dan began to respond as best he could.

"Fei Lak is a fool. He seeks quick expansion with little bloodshed; such a thing cannot occur. He was a fool to let me live after he caught me unawares in Jibei, and if I ever get the chance I will gladly teach him the error of his ways." The King paused to restrain himself and think through his next response. "It is true that Jibei and Jiaodong should both be in my hands, yet clearly they are not. I made the mistake of spreading my resources too thinly once, and I will not make it again."
"I will say I've found that the pretenders in Jiaodong have thrown in their lot with Lord Fei. At least, from what I've seen, they have firstly claimed the right of kings and demanded that I disarm myself before visiting their lord. It's as if they claim your throne already, and are not some mere Marquiship. It insulting, is what it is. Meanwhile, my regent reported seeing some of their troops going through the Jibei province. I just wonder what other affronts they shall come up with next..."

Then, she pauses, and asks...

"Err, and about Lady Lu...Do you still bear this grudge I hear you supposedly have against her? Her army has been immensely useful in helping us keep things in the proper order in Jibei, and I wonder if some sort of reparation could mend any grudges that your Highness holds against her. The less sides there are in this conflict, the faster a peaceful resolution can be brought the lands of my home kingdom, and hence, to a greater pacification of the North."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Shadow
Stabbed!

Post by Shadow »

Tian Dan nodded and sighed at the mention of defeat. "Yes, the past few months were hard on us, but I still believe that Qi and Liang are among the strongest powers in the land. I heard that you were defeated because you underestimated your enemy; well, I was defeated because I did not believe a man like Fei Lak would dare to challenge me. Both causes can easily be avoided again in the future, but should it be necessary, a mutually beneficial arrangement regarding defense would be ensure victory."
"Yes, we did surely underestimate the enemy." He said somewhat mournfully.
"I do believe we've also learned quite a bit from the experience too. We know quite a little more about the enemy now, don't we?" He said to lighten Tian Dan's mood just a bit.
Shang let out a small cough as to get back on track from what he was going to say originally. He disliked idle chit chat quite a lot, but he understood it was necessary to get further with certain individuals.
"I am in favor of a agreement of defense as well." He said.
"What are your plans for these Yan people? If you do not mind my asking, King Tian? And of Jibei?"
Xun Shang (22) 77-20-83-74-18
Aid II, Decoy II, Confuse II, Military Administrator II, Volley II

* Dreamer actually liked Sherman.
<Dreamer> That guy was badass.
<Dreamer> If Lee would have been more like him, we could have won. :<
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Radical Dreamer
The guards had never heard of Xujuan, or Hua Gao for that matter, but the man talked and acted like a noble, and the seal seemed real enough. "Alright, if you will just follow me then," said the guard that had spoken previously. Hua Gao was led into the hall by four guards and announced as a previous noble of Xujuan, then the four guards from the city left. He had not asked to see the King specifically, but there was little excuse for beating around the bush in Qi. Tian Dan thought hard for a moment before saying anything, but then an idea came to him.

"Where do I know your name from, Hua Gao? I know I have seen it somewhere..."

RuffRydeR
"My grudge was mainly with Wu Chen, who was jumped-up fool that needed put in his place," said the King rather heatedly. "Lady Lu was also a fool for her ... position on him. She was the only way that I could directly strike at him, but she showed some small intelligence by not fighting me." The King waited a small amount of time before speaking again. "As far as I am concerned you two can fight over Jibei all you want."

Shadow
The King shrugged slightly. "I am content to let my enemies and neighbors fight over Jibei. I would only weaken myself if I joined the fray at this point. Fei Lak should surely die for his actions against me, but if I am not the one to kill him .... then so be it."
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"My grudge was mainly with Wu Chen, who was jumped-up fool that needed put in his place," said the King rather heatedly. "Lady Lu was also a fool for her ... position on him. She was the only way that I could directly strike at him, but she showed some small intelligence by not fighting me." The King waited a small amount of time before speaking again. "As far as I am concerned you two can fight over Jibei all you want."
"I do not seek to fight over Jibei...I simply wish to find a means for milord to rule what is rightfully his. Hopefully, there is a peaceful solution in this, but if that doesn't work...Well, I just fear the increased bloodshed over that province. But what about Jiaodong, sire? Unlike Yan, they claim your throne directly and would have no hesitation to treat your Highness so...Well, roughly... They seem to treat all royalty that way."

She frowned, then grimaced at the thought, wishing she hadn't brought it up.
53-108*-34-81-78
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Bowing deeply, Gao tried to think of where his illustrious, and beautiful, name would have come to such rural ears.

"I believe, your Highness, that you may have seen my name on Wu Chen's court documents, if those were passed on to you at some point. As a noble of Zhao, that cur forced me to make regular tribute to his court." That could have been it, but just then another thought occurred to the young man. "Or, perhaps, my good friend Cai Xingzhe has mentioned me in passing, since I have heard he was working with your Highness. I recommended his position at Donga to Wu Chen and managed to avert having him loose his head to Lu Ying's brash arrogance."
Kubali Dun 90*-76-35-68-23
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

RuffRydeR
"Those pretenders will learn to regret their ... previous actions, in due time, but I will not make the same mistake that I did with Jibei. I left Qi before I was prepared to, and it cost me much." Abruptly, the King stopped there. "Now, why don't you share your plans with me. Afterall, my ambitions are quite clear for all to see, but your faction seems to be making moves all over the land."

Radical Dreamer
"Hmm, yes, I think it was a letter regarding Wu Chen," Tian Dan said with extra scorn for the name. "What brings you all this way, Hua Gao?"
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

"I have come to ask to join your force, Great King," Gao replied. He motioned for one of his two retainers to come forward with a large scroll. Unfurling it, the noble read aloud, "With me come nearly four thousand men at arms with armaments for each, three of my closest family attendants who are well-versed in administration, my poor self who has served in noble courts since I was born, and my own two family retainers who would devote themselves to you. One of them is a former general of Zhao who saw many years of service in the army. We all wish for a chance to serve a great uniter in our lifetimes." Finishing with a bow, Gao awaited the King's response.

((OOC: Total transfer of troops and npcs would be thus: 3,708 (52) Troops, 2000 Pi Spears, 2000 Leather Armors, 1000 Horses, 1000 Bows, three npcs. Two npcs are my starting npcs and remain with me.))
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Radical Dreamer
Tian Dan laughed and smiled, outwardly pleased, but inside he wondered about this man; he did not know his worth or loyalty, nor those of his officers, but an offer of 4,000 decently trained and equipped men was too good to pass up. He could worry about the consequences later. "That is quite a force you have there, far larger than any town must by need have. You must have raised it at great expense, eh? Very well, I will accept your loyalty, and the loyalty of your men." The King motioned to one of his relatives, "Jia, please spend the day with our latest recruit. Show him the city and find a barracks for his men while I find duties for him. Tomorrow or the next day they will be ready."

Jia bowed and awaited Hua Gao's readiness to leave.

(Post in the OI please.)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

"Of course, my King. I look forward to working with your officers and with your people. I pray I can return this privilege through service." With that, Gao motioned for his two retainers to catch up with him to help with his bags. Lots of silks needed to be moved, after all...
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Galagros wrote:"Those pretenders will learn to regret their ... previous actions, in due time, but I will not make the same mistake that I did with Jibei. I left Qi before I was prepared to, and it cost me much." Abruptly, the King stopped there. "Now, why don't you share your plans with me. Afterall, my ambitions are quite clear for all to see, but your faction seems to be making moves all over the land."
"I...kind of have to move all over the land. Rumours out west are that struggle between the two Qins are hurtling ever so faster to a swift conclusion. When that ruthless army forged by the western barbarians comes back east once more, tempered hot in the flames of war...Are we all to repeat our mistakes again and continue struggling with one another as we are devoured by the dragon, one by one?"

She sighed, stopping, as she stated her intentions,

"Prepare well then, your Highness. I shall seek to buy your Lordship some time. Now...What I seek...is...to apply the admirable...in essence, if not practice to date, concept, of Yan's coalition, throughout Northern China...A Northern Coalition, if you would suppose. A strong unified state in the North that would stall any Qin advance, like...like...something like..."

Her recent readings from her tutor seemed to be starting to help her focus her ideas. She paused, as if something had suddenly hit her, her memories trying to find a name.

"Jin. A Jin coalition. Hah..."

And then she smiled...

"Oh, why didn't I think of that before? My first idea was the revival of the Seven States, but such a land would surely fall before a reorganized Qin...But!"

She clapped her hands, barely containing her glee at the revelation, in favour of coutrly propriety,

"Ah...A return to the last time the Huaxia could throw all its eyes proudly outward and claim dominance over the surrounding lands and the barbarians they contained? Why, the rest of the pieces are already in place...Song revived, Chu recivilizing the South, Qin pacifying th west, and Qi resurgent in the East, and only us in the North need to act wilfully, and cooperatively, to bring this happy time back. It seems the previous owners of the title I inherit have played the greatest part in the folly that ended those years. And I move about to fix that. Of course, as a Lady of Zhao, a state which owes your nation much, it would be nice to have your blessing in so doing..."

But, as she finished, an attendant of hers tapped her, and whispered of her schedule. Apologizing to the king, she sighs, and says...

"I still have some miles to go before I get to the family estate I wish to visit. Do forgive me, your highness. I must bid you farewell, or I shall not get there before sunset..."
53-108*-34-81-78