Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Emperor was loathe to reconsider his plans for his brother. Since the hood had fallen away to reveal his traitorous face, Huhai had thought of little but how he would enjoy knowing that Fusu was suffering and dying. And, if he were honest, this wasn't just for events since their father's death. But the knowledge that Jianglu was in the hands of the Mengs was disheartening. He wondered where Zhao Gao was - it was so difficult to know what was best to do.

He said, "But, how can we be sure they will kill him? Perhaps they will use him as the Mengs did? They are traitors too after all!"

And, he thought, what kind of celebratory feast could they enjoy for just an exile. He was so sure that the Panda, as his attendant called it, would be so impressive and had been, already, enjoying the feast in his mind.

"How will this get us his armies again?" And, dutifully, the Emperor gazed in the direction Zhang Han had indicated.
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Zhang Han paused, for a moment he wished he'd been on the wall instead of the in the treasury when the war began.

Zhang Han: The rebels in the southeast dislike the Royal Ying family, Your Imperial Majesty. They would rather simply kill Prince Fusu, rather than risk him becoming Emperor, even only in name.

At the question of his armies, Zhang Han furrowed his brow for a moment and forced back a sigh. In some sick fashion he respected Zhao Gao for his ability to stand talking to the boy of a man.

Zhang Han: When the troops and officers under the Mengs' control divide between Prince Jianglu's faction and Prince Fusu's faction, the latter forces will try to move to Wu in a hurry. They will be unprepared, poorly equipped, and have low morale. To defeat them would not even take a general, why even an ox-cart driver would be more than enough to beat them back if given an army.

He hoped the Emperor wouldn't take him up on that offer, of course, though.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Huhai nodded as if he understood. After a moment he said, with the air of having caught out a problem, "But, if they refuse to acknowledge our sovereignty why would they take an inspector from us?"

He grinned with pleasure at having gotten the best of such a well known general and then went on, "An ox-cart driver you say? It would certainly do damage to their morale to be taken by such a man as an ox-cart driver. Did you have one in mind?" He thought to himself that oxen were quite large and perhaps even as ferocious as pandas.
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Zhang Han nodded.

Zhang Han: They hate your brother almost as much as you do...they would jump at the chance to get him in their custoday. They may even try to hold him hostage against you, as pointless as that may be.

At the comment of actually hiring an ox-cart driver, he frowned and shook his head.

Zhang Han: Better to be safe than, sorry my lord. While an ox-cart driver could win the battle, one such as I could win the war.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Emperor nodded sagely as Zhang Han spoke. He said, "I suppose these southern traitors are especially barabaric? Will they cause him great pain and suffering?"

He thought for a moment and then turned to his older brother where he stood bound and gagged. He smirked cruelly and said, "If you could guarentee that the death he suffers with these southerners would be more painful and slow than that which he would suffer here then I suppose we could send him there as an Inspector." He frowned slightly and then said, "I will leave it to you to figure out how to get them to agree to inspection."

He looked at Fusu and said, "You should have done as father wished and killed yourself. It was cowardly and selfish of you not to have done so. Perhaps you wish you had done as your were ordered now!"
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

Zhang Han nodded, although he was generally against unnecessary cruetly to prisoners, he knew that the elder prince's fate might not be as pleasant of a death as he would prefer to give his own captives.

Zhang Han: Your Highness, I hear rumors that they enjoy boiling people. Put them into a pot of thick oil and slowly heat it until they melt to death, Your Highness. They will probably poison him first, so that he is paralyzed and can only scream as they place him into the pot.

He shrugged, overly dramatic...trying to keep back the sickening feeling of why anyone would really want to do that to someone else, and smiled at the young Emperor.

Zhang Han: If His Imperial Highness will excuse me, I shall personally see to it that the southern lords accept a Special Inspector.
Followers:

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The Emperor waved his hand vaguely still staring at his brother. He said, "Boiling did you say? That sounds acceptable. I wonder what the poison is?"

He seemed to come to himself and said, "Someone should make sure that one is kept .. uncomfortably contained until he is ready to be sent as an inspector."
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Jack Flack wrote:Halfway through the month of December, a caravan arrives at the gates of Luoyang, flying the flags of Qin, and being led by a powerful man on horseback, with an axe strapped to his back. As he approached the guards, he waved the carriage behind him to stop. Looking to the guards, he dismounted his horse and bowed.

Chen Wei: I have come to speak to Minister Zhao, or one of his ministers. My name is Chen Wei. I believe he is expecting me. I have come with news and tribute from Huyang.

The man waited, not moving to disarm himself, or provide further explanation of his presence.
Seeing the flags of Qin ablaze on his wagon, the guards nodded. "Follow us," they said. Leading Chen Wei through a maze of corridors, they brought him to a small suite in the palace. "The minister is in a meeting. If you would please wait here, he will be with you shortly."

As the men walked away, one nodded to Chen Wei and closed the door, locking it behind him.

--

Shortly turned out to be neither in the morning, afternoon, night, or even the morning of the next day. It wasn't until the following afternoon that the doors to the suite clicked open once more and a small troop of guards poured in.

After they had taken up positions within the chamber the white robed figure of Zhao Gao idled into the room. He seemed genuinely bored and was rubbing his hands together to fight back the cold from outside.

"Ahh.. You must be Chen Wei. Have you come here to repay your debt and bring tribute to the Empire or is there some other service you now require of his Imperial Highness?" Gao said softly.

News was funneling in from all corners of the empire and it was a difficult task to sort the rumors from the facts.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

The warrior had passed the night just resting his eyes mostly. He had dozed in a seated position, so as to not look too caught off guard when the guards returned. When morning light had come with no interruption, Wei did his best to smooth out his appearance in the window's reflection.

When Zhao Gao had entered and addressed him, Wei bowed deeply. His demeanor was calm and as graceful as he could manage, but he did feel somewhat uneasy.

Chen Wei: Your grace. My ministers warned me that you were gifted with perfect perception. I have no more favors to ask, other than perhaps His Majesty's blessing on my new position. As for my debt and tribute, I am indeed here for just that reason, though I confess, not in the capacity which I desired.

Wei righted himself, and looked apologetic. Folding his hands behind his back, he put on an expression of concern.

Chen Wei: I have had little time to do a full evaluation of what remains of the records of Li Taishi. He did his best to burn what he could before he fled. As you well know, he was a supporter of Meng Tian's armies. Unfortunately, our treasuries are bare. I have managed, in this month alone, and through a small hardship to my people, to raise a tribute of three hundred and fifty taels. It will be a harsh winter, but they are glad to give to his Majesty's coffers, in order to show their thanks for his assistance in overthrowing the traitors. Whether Li Taishi was directly funding the Mengs, or just hording the taxes for himself, I have yet to discover.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

((Ha! It's been more than 15 weeks since the last post in this thread? By me?))

The young warrior arrived at the gates of the capital, flanked by two women. He inspected the guards with some note, and then gave them a nod. Both he and the women were armed, and neither made a move to change that fact. The ladies carried with them a pair of strong boxes, locked, but not appearing overly heavy. Clearing his throat, the man presented a rolled scroll which he handed to the guards.

Chen Wei: I am Chen Wei of Huyang. The Prime Minister is expecting me, I'm sure. If he is unavailable, I can speak with another officer. My business is relatively straightforward, and I'd prefer to not have it delayed.

Folding his arms in front of his chest, he nodded for the women to set the boxes down, which they did. As he looked back to the guards, his face was calm, if not patient.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0