Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Post by ann »

With the destruction of Xianyang through the callous and malicious acts of the pretender, Ying Fusu, the Imperial Capital was moved from the once splendid city of Xianyang to the city of Luoyang, the once capital of the Zhou Dynasty.

It was not before long that the city was reconstructed to suit the needs of the Emperor and his aides. The city was transformed from a provincial capital to an Imperial capital, complete with luxurious palaces and gardens. Ying Huhai himself would remain inside the Imperial Palace, to never be seen by the common people and for protection against the agents of the pretender, Ying Fusu.

Ying Huhai rarely takes audience with dignitaries or envoys, as these matters are left to his close advisers, Zhao Gao and Li Si.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Around midday, Xia Xi made his way to the capital city of the Qin Emperor. He informed the gate guards of his rank at the edge of the city, and then made his way into the city itself and up to the city headquarters. When there, he gave the guards a deep bow and said, "I am Xia Xi, humble servant of His Royal Majesty, serving him as magistrate of Puyang, a small town in Yin. It is my heart's desire to meet him someday, but I understand that one of such low stature and rank of myself is wholly unworthy. However, I must report upon the status of the province in which I serve, as well as seeking out the Will of Heaven on how to act next. Perhaps my petition would be heard by one of his ministers?" He nodded up and down fast, causing his light blue robes to shuffle around on him.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

The soldiers eyed Xia Xi suspiciously. It was not often that men came before them in such a manner and proved to be speaking honestly. Still there was something about his manner that caused them not to shoo him away. Instead they waited, staring at him without answering, until one of the minor imperial clerks wandered by.

One of the soldiers got the clerks attention and though Xia Xi could not hear what the two men were saying, the soliders finger pointed in Xia Xi's direction. The clerk waddled over and looked Xia Xi up and down before gesturing that he should follow.

They did not go far into the sprawling interior of the newly refitted palace, for this was a lowly clerk and the office he shared with six others was near the gate. Over the next five to six hours Xia Xi was asked his name twenty three times, the name of his township twenty one times, and his business in the capital (they had begun calling it that) an even thirty times.

Finally he was shuffled by two burly imperial guardsmen into a large chamber lavishly decorated and complete with its own fish pond. Xia Xi was only alone for a few minutes before a slightly pudgy figure entered the chamber. He was dressed in white robes with a black trim and rectangular ministers hat and he smiled unctuously at Xia Xi.

"I am told you are a district manager of one of the townships within his most illustrious and divine the August Emperor of Qin realm, come to pay his respects."
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:The soldiers eyed Xia Xi suspiciously. It was not often that men came before them in such a manner and proved to be speaking honestly. Still there was something about his manner that caused them not to shoo him away. Instead they waited, staring at him without answering, until one of the minor imperial clerks wandered by.

One of the soldiers got the clerks attention and though Xia Xi could not hear what the two men were saying, the soliders finger pointed in Xia Xi's direction. The clerk waddled over and looked Xia Xi up and down before gesturing that he should follow.

They did not go far into the sprawling interior of the newly refitted palace, for this was a lowly clerk and the office he shared with six others was near the gate. Over the next five to six hours Xia Xi was asked his name twenty three times, the name of his township twenty one times, and his business in the capital (they had begun calling it that) an even thirty times.

Finally he was shuffled by two burly imperial guardsmen into a large chamber lavishly decorated and complete with its own fish pond. Xia Xi was only alone for a few minutes before a slightly pudgy figure entered the chamber. He was dressed in white robes with a black trim and rectangular ministers hat and he smiled unctuously at Xia Xi.

"I am told you are a district manager of one of the townships within his most illustrious and divine the August Emperor of Qin realm, come to pay his respects."
Xia Xi followed the clerk's lead, and proceeded from station to station, doing as he was asked, and trying to not let his total weariness show through. When he was at this final stage, he was doing all he could to not just lie flat down on the floor. This last man, though, seemed different in his clothing and bearing, and Xi thought that he might have finally got somewhere. He gave a full bow and kept his gaze fixed below the other man's face. "What you say is correct," he replied, "although I do not carry any rank; my position of magistrate of Puyang is indicative of my occupation. I am not officially recognized in this station because I have assumed this position within the last month. I do not assume to inform you of matters that are likely already known, but the province of Yin had been overrun recently with soldiers of Chu, who have apparently moved into Zhao. The town of Puyang lost its magistrate in an attempt to defy the Chu armies. I have filled the vacancy in the hopes of preventing a man loyal to Chu from filling the gap, even though I am not from Yin."

He paused for a brief moment, perhaps catching his breath, then continued. "I hope that my efforts meet with the favor of the August Emperor."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

From Ji the Liu and Shi family came, carrying more than high expectations for the young Yongqing; the only child of Shi Yi and Liu Ci. The two families came together in order to allow their names be propelled into the skies through Yongqing, who was blessed with beauty of the celestial waters. The convoy was made of four carriages; the first held the Shi family, the second harboured the Liu family, the third was keeping the many instruments and other items of Yongqing. While the fourth carriage sat Liu Yongqing herself, surrounded by handmaidens. The two fathers of the Shi and Liu clans were on horseback taking charge of the group of carriages; through the streets of Luoyang they made the common people wonder what was going on. Combined the two clans reached aristocracy however, onces split they were on equal levels; not being poor while on the other hand not being nobility.

The carriages came to a halt outside the Palace gates of Luoyang, the families within the carriages were a little nervous; perhaps of common place to the feelings within Liu Yongqing, a woman whose future was going to be decided today. Head of the Liu clan, Liu Ci, and head of the Shi clan, Shi Fu, both dismounted their horses and slowly approached the guards; this day would clear a path for both families.
"I am Liu Ci, this is Shi Fu. We are of the Liu and Shi families from Ji in Yan Province." Bowing respectfully to the guards Ci allowed Fu to speak the reason why they were here. Both being politicians, they wore their official robes well but worked together; knowing that was going to be the best policy for what they had in mind. "We come to speak with the Cheif Eunuch, Lord Zhao Gao. However, if he is busy with official matters, we will be happy to see any other Eunuch of the Courts." Perhaps to some guards, those who had education, could possibley work out why they were here. The Eunuchs dealt with many matters for the Emperor, one of which was the entering of Imperial Consorts...
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Xia Xi followed the clerk's lead, and proceeded from station to station, doing as he was asked, and trying to not let his total weariness show through. When he was at this final stage, he was doing all he could to not just lie flat down on the floor. This last man, though, seemed different in his clothing and bearing, and Xi thought that he might have finally got somewhere. He gave a full bow and kept his gaze fixed below the other man's face. "What you say is correct," he replied, "although I do not carry any rank; my position of magistrate of Puyang is indicative of my occupation. I am not officially recognized in this station because I have assumed this position within the last month. I do not assume to inform you of matters that are likely already known, but the province of Yin had been overrun recently with soldiers of Chu, who have apparently moved into Zhao. The town of Puyang lost its magistrate in an attempt to defy the Chu armies. I have filled the vacancy in the hopes of preventing a man loyal to Chu from filling the gap, even though I am not from Yin."

He paused for a brief moment, perhaps catching his breath, then continued. "I hope that my efforts meet with the favor of the August Emperor."
The white robed minister continued into the chamber and walked right past the magistrate of Puyang. He was clearly listening to the man for he turned slightly back around when Xia Xi mentioned he wasn't officially recognized.

Reaching an elaborately woven rug he lowered himself to a crosslegged position after he kicked off his sandles to expose his bare feet. He then crooked a finger to Xia Xi motioning him over.

"I do not know what you speak of when you say Chu soldiers. The only soldiers in the Empire are those of Qin in the service of his most August Er Shi Huangdi. Either you are mistaken and these men are soldiers of his Imperial Majesty or they are outlaws and bandits who will be dealt with." As he spoke the minister gathered some nearby pillows around his slightly over weight form and began shifting against them.

"You seem a loyal man though and I am willing to forgive your mistakes. I do not believe you intentionally meant to speak falsehoods in the imperial palace. When can we expect taxes from your village district manager Xia?"
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:The white robed minister continued into the chamber and walked right past the magistrate of Puyang. He was clearly listening to the man for he turned slightly back around when Xia Xi mentioned he wasn't officially recognized.

Reaching an elaborately woven rug he lowered himself to a crosslegged position after he kicked off his sandles to expose his bare feet. He then crooked a finger to Xia Xi motioning him over.

"I do not know what you speak of when you say Chu soldiers. The only soldiers in the Empire are those of Qin in the service of his most August Er Shi Huangdi. Either you are mistaken and these men are soldiers of his Imperial Majesty or they are outlaws and bandits who will be dealt with." As he spoke the minister gathered some nearby pillows around his slightly over weight form and began shifting against them.

"You seem a loyal man though and I am willing to forgive your mistakes. I do not believe you intentionally meant to speak falsehoods in the imperial palace. When can we expect taxes from your village district manager Xia?"
Xia Xi made a slight jump and then moved over, closer to this mysterious man. He let a small amount of time pass from when the official stopped until he responded, indicating indecision, perhaps. He said, "I apologize; you are right, they are outlaws and bandits. I have all faith in the Imperial Majesty's ability to end such nonsense immediately. Your grace in this matter is more than I deserve.

"I am afraid I am not familiar with the taxes expected from a town such as mine. When the, er, bandits hit the town, they destroyed many of the records, and I have no experience in government previous to now. I have taken the majority of the taxes received in this last month and reinvested them into the town's defenses, as to prevent future bandit raids. The economy should be stabilized now to where proper tax collecting can begin anew.

"Part of my purpose here today is in determining such things, although matters of taxation are better left for the clerks and not from someone of... your position." Xi quickly realized that he didn't have any idea who he was talking to. "Although I must admit I do not know who it is I speak to." He shifted nervously. "The other part of my purpose here today is to learn what role I might play in... ensuring that the province of Yin does not continue to... suffer the sort of... bandit attacks, or, perhaps, fall... to banditry... entirely." He felt like he was talking in code, but communicating what he wished to communicate in the language that this minister seemed to want to speak in was fairly beyond his abilities.
101*.87*.44.78.39

Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Xia Xi made a slight jump and then moved over, closer to this mysterious man. He let a small amount of time pass from when the official stopped until he responded, indicating indecision, perhaps. He said, "I apologize; you are right, they are outlaws and bandits. I have all faith in the Imperial Majesty's ability to end such nonsense immediately. Your grace in this matter is more than I deserve.

"I am afraid I am not familiar with the taxes expected from a town such as mine. When the, er, bandits hit the town, they destroyed many of the records, and I have no experience in government previous to now. I have taken the majority of the taxes received in this last month and reinvested them into the town's defenses, as to prevent future bandit raids. The economy should be stabilized now to where proper tax collecting can begin anew.

"Part of my purpose here today is in determining such things, although matters of taxation are better left for the clerks and not from someone of... your position." Xi quickly realized that he didn't have any idea who he was talking to. "Although I must admit I do not know who it is I speak to." He shifted nervously. "The other part of my purpose here today is to learn what role I might play in... ensuring that the province of Yin does not continue to... suffer the sort of... bandit attacks, or, perhaps, fall... to banditry... entirely." He felt like he was talking in code, but communicating what he wished to communicate in the language that this minister seemed to want to speak in was fairly beyond his abilities.
The chief minister lazily opened and closed his eyes and let his feet become uncrossed as he drifted back against the pillows he had surrounded his body with. He stretched out his legs so that his feet hung just over the decorative fish pond he had in this large office.

"There are men who say that we are unreasonable in the capital. That we do not know the plight of the people. I defy them and proclaim that we know and understand the hardships a drought causes. So intune with and in sympathy to the citizens of the empire that I and his Imperial Majesty are willing to forgive you and your township any taxes missed due to recent events. I ask you, is that not magnanimous?" He said in his soft dolcet voice.

"Why Xia Xi you are privledged to be speaking to Chief Minister Zhao." He smiled broadly and bobbed his head, all the while his small eyes were studying the town chief before him to absorb his reaction.

"You and your role.. " The eunuch mused while still watching Xia Xi. Likely he was wondering whether Xia Xi would willingly be his creature or not. "Xia Xi, my feet are terribly sore from the long day.. if we are to continue to converse in this manner I think they could use washing." He lazily pointed to a small pail near the fish pond. "If you would not mind.." spoken as a self-pleasing smile came to his lips.
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Gong Gong wrote:From Ji the Liu and Shi family came, carrying more than high expectations for the young Yongqing; the only child of Shi Yi and Liu Ci. The two families came together in order to allow their names be propelled into the skies through Yongqing, who was blessed with beauty of the celestial waters. The convoy was made of four carriages; the first held the Shi family, the second harboured the Liu family, the third was keeping the many instruments and other items of Yongqing. While the fourth carriage sat Liu Yongqing herself, surrounded by handmaidens. The two fathers of the Shi and Liu clans were on horseback taking charge of the group of carriages; through the streets of Luoyang they made the common people wonder what was going on. Combined the two clans reached aristocracy however, onces split they were on equal levels; not being poor while on the other hand not being nobility.

The carriages came to a halt outside the Palace gates of Luoyang, the families within the carriages were a little nervous; perhaps of common place to the feelings within Liu Yongqing, a woman whose future was going to be decided today. Head of the Liu clan, Liu Ci, and head of the Shi clan, Shi Fu, both dismounted their horses and slowly approached the guards; this day would clear a path for both families.
"I am Liu Ci, this is Shi Fu. We are of the Liu and Shi families from Ji in Yan Province." Bowing respectfully to the guards Ci allowed Fu to speak the reason why they were here. Both being politicians, they wore their official robes well but worked together; knowing that was going to be the best policy for what they had in mind. "We come to speak with the Cheif Eunuch, Lord Zhao Gao. However, if he is busy with official matters, we will be happy to see any other Eunuch of the Courts." Perhaps to some guards, those who had education, could possibley work out why they were here. The Eunuchs dealt with many matters for the Emperor, one of which was the entering of Imperial Consorts...
The guards watched the women arrive with some interest. Unaccompanied female visitors to the palace gates were not common these days, and the men gaped and a few made crude comments before the females were within earshot.

When finally they arrived and spoke their request, the head guard nodded, remembering his manners even when the others did not. Bidding the ladies to follow, they were led to a waiting chamber, and given refreshment, as well as a basin with which to wash. A short time later, the guard returned and without a word, led the pair to a large study off one of the palace's many corridors. The guard knocked once, and opened the door.

The man seated at the desk looked somewhat annoyed at the disturbance, but waved the women forward without remark. When the guard had left, and only he and his personal guard remained, he looked at the women and cleared his throat. "I'm afraid Minister Zhao is indisposed at the moment. Perhaps you might share with this humble servant of your August Emperor your reason for coming?"
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

From Ji the Liu and Shi family came, carrying more than high expectations for the young Yongqing; the only child of Shi Yi and Liu Ci. The two families came together in order to allow their names be propelled into the skies through Yongqing, who was blessed with beauty of the celestial waters. The convoy was made of four carriages; the first held the Shi family, the second harboured the Liu family, the third was keeping the many instruments and other items of Yongqing. While the fourth carriage sat Liu Yongqing herself, surrounded by handmaidens. The two fathers of the Shi and Liu clans were on horseback taking charge of the group of carriages; through the streets of Luoyang they made the common people wonder what was going on. Combined the two clans reached aristocracy however, onces split they were on equal levels; not being poor while on the other hand not being nobility.

OOC: Not sure if this was missed.
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I