Ying Huhai's Audience Hall - Luoyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

The guards bowed to the warrior, and pushed the gates open for him. "Indeed, the Prime Minister is expecting you. Please, follow us."

The men led him into the audience chamber, where Li Si was studying maps of Henan. Battles were still waiting to be fought, and he was hoping to find something in the terrain that might help his forces. Looking up, he motioned Chen Wei to have a seat. "I admit, Prefect Chen, that I was surprised by your willingness to agree to my terms. Though, honestly, I have found recently that there are few powers to rival emotion. So I can't be too surprised."

A servant soon arrived and offered wine to both men. When he had departed, Si continued. "As it stands, we are greatly in need of your help. And so, though I'm sure it displeases you, Xia Liangyu's capture was vital to our survival. Hopefully, the price will not be any steeper than it needs to be."
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

The warrior nodded at the Prime Minister as he took in his surroundings once more. He winced at the mention of Liangyu, but then straightened himself and moved to the window. He looked out and sighed heavily. Finally, he turned back and addressed the man.

Chen Wei: My brother's messenger has confirmed that Liangyu is safe, and that your end of our deal is upheld. I am grateful. To demonstrate this, I am prepared to uphold my end of our arrangement.

Wei seemed emotionless as he paced about the room, measuring Li Si's guards, and contemplating his decision to come here. Resolving that it had to be done, he turned and made his way towards Li Si, and extended his hand.

Chen Wei: If there is nothing else, Your Grace, I will retire to my quarters and await your instructions.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Li Si regarded the man with some pity before shaking the thoughts away. "Your actions say much towards your feelings for the Princess. The problem with trading your life for hers however, is that in so doing, you keep yourself from her. It is a self inflicted torture, I suppose. But I see the merit in taking away my ability to torture you. Lady Xia is lucky indeed. So few of us know devotion like this." Li Si then moved to the window himself, looking out on it with some interest.

Turning back, he rested his frame against the cool glass. "The winds of war are not done blowing, General Chen. I will have a servant show you to your quarters, and you may have your run of the barracks. Wehn the time has come that I need you, I will summon you." The Prime Minister gave a curt nod, and then went back to staring out the window.

Chen Wei has been accepted into the ranks of Qin. OI should be moved to Ying Huhai's Officer Thread.