Chen Sheng's Audience Hall - Chen

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

BobPalindrome

The guard captian glanced to his left and a waiting attenddant scurried off into the building. Turning to the visitor he said, "How many attendants do you plan to bring before the King, Lord Guo?"

Freefall

The guards were surprised when they heard the identity of the visitor. However, they behaved as they had been trained to behave and, after a search, the envoy was led inside.

A clerk stepped forward and bowed. He said, "I am Pan Dao, clerk of the King of Chu. I will take you to his Audience chamber."

Turning he led the way through busy corridors to the entrance flanked by guards. Without comment to them, Pan Dao led the way into the room and bowed low to a man kneeling on a dais at the far end of the room.

"King of Chu, this is an envoy from Jiang Sei who has become Marquis of Huianan after the death of Yi Lian."

The King's eyes narrowed and he looked intently at the envoy and said, "Ah, were you one of her bandits?"
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

ann wrote:Freefall

The guards were surprised when they heard the identity of the visitor. However, they behaved as they had been trained to behave and, after a search, the envoy was led inside.

A clerk stepped forward and bowed. He said, "I am Pan Dao, clerk of the King of Chu. I will take you to his Audience chamber."

Turning he led the way through busy corridors to the entrance flanked by guards. Without comment to them, Pan Dao led the way into the room and bowed low to a man kneeling on a dais at the far end of the room.

"King of Chu, this is an envoy from Jiang Sei who has become Marquis of Huianan after the death of Yi Lian."

The King's eyes narrowed and he looked intently at the envoy and said, "Ah, were you one of her bandits?"
The warrior and politician was an older man, his body lean and rough from his long years of work in the province. He smiled briefly when the king asked him if he was a bandit, and bowed his head to the man before he spoke.

Jue: King Chen, as your minister has stated I am an envoy of Huainan, here on a mission to seek peace. My name is Jue Wu and I have been a citzen and servent of the city of Huiayin for some time. I rejected, as did the people of my city, the rule of Yi Lian. In stead we turned to the new Marqius, Jiang Sei to lead us from the atrocities that had happened there. No my majesty, bandit I am not, nor is my master. He raised and supported his own army to defend the province outside of the rule of the former Marqius. When she died, it was the people who turned to him to defend them from foreign invaders of Liang. He has taken the mantle of rule for the province to care for the people. Our forces, though out numbered could have fought in Jiujang, however they all pulled back, even our holdings there were turned over to King Xiang, because Marqius Jiang is concerned about our home in Huianan. He would have come himself, but we are convinced teh forces of Liang will return so he is busy preparing defenses and the morale of the people. I offered to come knowing I might find death as a percived enemy, because I serve him faithfully. When Huiayin was crippled by roving mercanaries, it was he who provided us with protection and resources, even though he had sparse to give. So I am here now humbly, hoping to begin teh process of peace between our two forces.
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
paladinrpg
Major

Post by paladinrpg »

ann wrote:The King of Chu listened carefully as Yu Yinzi spoke of these other armies who had entered Chu. When she had spoken he said, "We were unsure what threat they posed. With war in the North and the South it seemed prudent to wait and see whether they made any move of friendship toward us. As they had not made any overtly hostile move toward holdings in which we had officers or troops."

He looked around at his officers briefly and said, "But perhaps it is time to deal with this issue in a more direct fashion. Have you any contact with them? Have you developed any feeling for whether or not they are allies or not?"
(sorry for delay in response. RL job is a mess right now)

The woman nodded her head towards the ruler respectfully. "I am still collecting intelligence on their motives at this time, Lord Chen. So far I believe that it is only Jin Zhao which poses a credible military threat to you, but at first glance he seems more interested in pillaging the countryside with his regiment for self-gain than waking the sleeping tiger of your forces. If he continues to grow, however, there may be problems. Hopefully my movements have caused him to rethink any such ideas for now. As for Xi Jiao, my measurement of him from the rumors I have heard speaks of a man looking for a worthy challenge. I intend to test his strength in a friendly duel before long and see if this is truly what he is looking for, and possibly convert him into a valuable ally in the process."

Having a sip of the tea she was offered, the somber swordsmith continued, "I also must consult with you on another matter... though I am content to administer the town of Longhuan for the moment, if I continue down this path of policing the province, it would only make sense that I formally wed my forces to you." Her eyes softened up a bit as she changed this subject, showing her earnest feelings through the steely eyes. "I also must admit that my true purpose is not as a city-bound magistrate, but to protect and defend my Master Ji with my life. I have seen that there are many shadowy forces at work in Chu that I feel threatens his health, as well as your own, Lord Chen; my skills could prove most valuable in guarding against those who would wish to see your enlightened reign be cut short..."
BobPalindrome
Ensign

Post by BobPalindrome »

ann wrote:BobPalindrome

The guard captian glanced to his left and a waiting attenddant scurried off into the building. Turning to the visitor he said, "How many attendants do you plan to bring before the King, Lord Guo?"
Guo Feng glanced indifferently at his coterie before finally settling on an apathetic shrug. "I can bring as many as the five here or as few as zero, depending on what pleases His Majesty," Kongxiu said. "Really, all I need is this." One of the attendants handed him a rolled up scroll -- which, if taken by the guards and inspected, would prove to be a simple map of the Middle Kingdom. I guess what they say about the King's paranoia rings rather true, Guo Feng thought to himself.
Guo Feng (35)
40-23-93*-88*-54
Chief of Officials
Civil Administrator II, Doctor, Engineer, Propagandist, Public Planner III, Scribe II
The Doctrine of the Mean (Int+2, Jud+2)
250g
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Freefall

Chen Sheng nodded when Jue Wu had finished speaking he said, "I am pleased that your people have been delivered from Yi Lian and that you are no longer at the mercy of her bandits and cruel mercenaries. I have heard of this Jiang Sei and his behavior toward the people of Huiayin."

The king motioned for the envoy to take spot on a soft mat before the dais and for refreshments to be brought. As these were carried in he said, "I think peace will be possible between us. Tell me how does your new Marquis stand with Zhi Cheng?"

paladinrpg

The King nodded as the woman spoke. He said, "Chu would be most fortunate were you to join our forces. I could make you a General in the forces of Chu tasked with keeping the peace in Chu and, specifically, with ensuring the safety of your master, Ji Song, here in Chen."

BobPalindrome

((not paranoia - just wanted specificity))

The Guard shrugged and said, "Five is fine with me, they are all so ... similar ... I had trouble determining how many there were."

Guo Feng, and his followers, were led inside the building and through the corridors past many closed doors before reaching a wide opening flanked by more guards. The guard who had led the group spoke with one of the attendants who scurried inside. After a moment the guard nodded and said, "Please enter the King's audience chamber."

Inside the room were half a dozen attendants kneeling discretely around the room. All, however quiet, were clearly attending to a lone man on the dais at the far end of the room. This, of course, was the King. As the visitors entered he looked toward them and said, "You come from Liang?"
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Taking the offered seat, the older man kneeled down and thanked the king.

Jue: Master Jiang made an effort early on to broker good realtions with all thse around us. This incident with Liang was a shock, one he tried to dissuade after the removal of Yi Lian, however it was appereant they wished confrontation. As for the Prefect Zhi, she is among those that Jiang Sei has a good realtionship with. Is there something the Marqius can assist with in dealings with the Prefect Zhi?
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
BobPalindrome
Ensign

Post by BobPalindrome »

ann wrote:Inside the room were half a dozen attendants kneeling discretely around the room. All, however quiet, were clearly attending to a lone man on the dais at the far end of the room. This, of course, was the King. As the visitors entered he looked toward them and said, "You come from Liang?"
"It is so," confirmed Guo Feng, approaching the dais and stopping at a respectful distance. He fell to his knees and made supplication before Chen She, keeping his head lowered. The five attendants behind him imitated his actions. Once the formalities had been completed, Guo Feng sat up and stiffened and began to speak.

"Your Majesty, I come under the authority of the Duke of Liang, Lord Xiang Kai, to pay homage to our friend and ally, the mighty state of Chu. The old empire of the tyrannical Qin is crumbling and the land once more is being divided. Liang itself is seeking to consolidate its territory and enlarge its borders in order to placate the strife facing the Middle Kingdom. Of course, we wish to consult with our partners in doing so. I have visited King Xiang Jun in Shou Chun and come to you now with a proposal."

Guo Feng motioned and an attendant came forward, taking out the map and unrolling it so Chen She could see it. "The Duke would like permission to move on the territories of Huainan and Wu. We would be prepared to give King Xiang Jun the regions of Yue and Changsha. Of course, that is but our proposal and we would like to know your own thoughts on the matter. We think it would be best if we, all of us, worked together in bringing peace to the land -- a lasting peace of prosperity for all, unlike the heavy-handed dictatorship of Qin."
Guo Feng (35)
40-23-93*-88*-54
Chief of Officials
Civil Administrator II, Doctor, Engineer, Propagandist, Public Planner III, Scribe II
The Doctrine of the Mean (Int+2, Jud+2)
250g
paladinrpg
Major

Post by paladinrpg »

ann wrote:The King nodded as the woman spoke. He said, "Chu would be most fortunate were you to join our forces. I could make you a General in the forces of Chu tasked with keeping the peace in Chu and, specifically, with ensuring the safety of your master, Ji Song, here in Chen."
Yinzi bowed her head in silent reverence to the great ruler, one loose bang of her short black hair falling down and slightly obscuring her face. "Your offer of title is most generous, Lord Chen. It would be a great honor to be called your confidante; it is far above what a humble servant such as I deserves." Another moment passed as Yu held her gaze downward, but it soon arose once more to cast the sorrowful yet strong eyes upon the King as she placed the empty teacup back onto the table. "Allow me this spring to take care of some... unfinished business, and then I will pledge my sword to your safety, Lord Chen, and my hammer to your forges of justice."

Then the middle-aged bodyguard spared a glance at the teacup once more and then offered a small, demure smile that only a mature woman skilled in the arts of an attendant can make. "I... can also brew excellent tea, my Lord."
yoshi
Sergeant

Post by yoshi »

A small party approached the headquarters of Chen She's government. The one at the head, a man carrying a spear over his shoulder, looked vaguely annoyed and bitter.

Pan Rui: Finally here. It took long enough, dammit.

He stopped a moment and gave the building a once over. The men had clearly been on the road for some time; their clothes certainly showed it. The leader scowled.

Pan Rui: Y'know, if someone had told me that you could get lost on the road in a province for a whole month, I woulda called 'em a liar, cut them open and watched them die painfully."

A man with a slight build walking next to him coughed slightly and turned to him.

Li Gun: Actually, you did...

Pan Rui looked thoughtfully at the ground with a sober look on his face.

Pan Rui: Y'know, I can't help but feel a bit guilty about that. On careful consideration, I shoulda probably listened to him and took the left fork in the road like he said.

Several of the others in the party looked a bit remorseful and began muttering things like "Such a shame" and "How unfortunate" and "What a pity". Rui turned to them.

Pan Rui: But who knew, right? I mean really...

They nodded sadly and there was a general consensus that it was of course a *horrible* accident that was regrettable but couldn't be helped. Certainly no one was to be blamed, especially them.

Pan Rui: Oh well. Guess it's time to do some talkin'.

He approached the guards.

Pan Rui: Tell Supreme Commander Niu Xiong that Pan Rui and his men are here. Should be expecting me.

He turned to the other travellers.

Pan Rui: Li Gun, Lu Fen, you're with me. Sis Zhen, you keep an eye on the rest of these guys and make sure they don't wander off and get lost or something. And for gods' sakes, don't set fire to anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
Li Xianglan (15)
56-16-77-17-102*
Confuse II, Deride III, Diplomat II, Politician III, Rally II
Eisenherz
New Recruit

Post by Eisenherz »

"Well, it's no worse than the Lady here," Fen interjected. "I mean, she didn't even tell me you sent a letter that you were leaving Wei. She knows I have to read everything for her because..."

Jin Zhen shot Lu Fen a nasty look.

"Because," Fen continued, somewhat less easy than before, "she... has... too many duties to read herself."

He then muttered 'illiterate idiot' under his breath, before saying aloud, "well, ready when you are Lord Pan."

"Hey, wait a minute, why do I have to stay behind?" Zhen demanded to know. "I mean, we're equal partners, Rui and I! And... I already told you that was an accident!"

Fen sighed, then glanced Qiu Tong's way. The large man picked her up and carried her away, mechanically droning, "must protect the Lady... especially from herself."

Zhen screamed and kicked in protest the entire way.
Jin Zhen (16, F) 82-92*-19-64-58 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Delay II, Doctor I, Intimidate II, Maraud II, Military Administrator I, Qiangshu II, Smith I, Trainer I; Spear (Melee, Mgt+1)