Chen Sheng's Audience Hall - Chen

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

It was late in the evening when the carriage arrived at the gates of Chen, and the driver was quick to unhook his two horses. A man stepped out of the carriage holding a medium sized box in his hands. As he approached the gates, he bowed to the guards there, carefully setting the box on the ground. He stood tall, and motioned to it. "My master has delivered the head of Daisuke Aramaki, as per your arrangement. Please present it to the King of Chu. He wishes his majesty to know that if he has further need of our services in the future, we are eager to entertain his requests."

Without so much as another word, or letter of explanation, the man turned and boarded the second of the now free horses, returning down the road he came, leaving his carriage behind. As the guards peeked into the unsealed box, they noted the severed head of the Marquis of Changsha, Daisuke Aramaki.
paladinrpg
Major

Post by paladinrpg »

(considering I still have an open RP here, I'll continue it as the situation has changed. This is a very important post, a reply ASAP would be appreciated!)

Once their discussion of elixirs had passed, he twilight robed woman had the last of her tea before she was to rise. The sheathed sword Yinzi wore on her back followed the graceful movements, epitome of her strength that was neither flashy or overbearing. It simply existed as an extension of her being, and its presence was more comforting than threatening. Putting one hand over the other and bowing her head to the King of Chu, she spoke once more in the solemn voice. "Lord Chen, before I depart... I have considered your offers and would like to make a serious proposition."

She sighed once and then stared straight ahead with her even gaze. "The town of Shangwan still lacks an administration, and though I cannot maintain one there myself, I would be willing to secure it in the coming month. I would then be willing to transfer it and Longhuan and all other of my village holdings to you if you would be willing to grant me a city as your loyal vassal. If this is not sufficient, I would additionally be willing to fund the construction of one of these said towns into such a metropolis personally." Yinzi bowed her head respectfully. "The purpose of my humble request is that I might have a more proper forge for the creation of armaments for trade. Naturally, as my benefactor you may reap preferential rates if you desire them, and my mercenary forces will remain at your call should disturbances to the peace of Chu arise."

The servant of the Sage then added with a curt smile. "This arrangement would be of greatest benefit to both of us, I feel, allowing me to better support you and keep my promises to Master Ji on a degree of autonomy at the same time..."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Numinous

Pan Dao nodded and said, "It is true that The King of Chu opposes the Qin. The King feels that all those who oppose the Qin should unite with one another to destroy this threat completely. What precisely do you propose?"

Paladinrpg

The King listened carefully and then said, "I think this might be accomplished. Have you any particular city in mind?"

((Just trying to pick this up again - feel free to alter according to recent information. Anyone else who wants to restart please post something as well))
paladinrpg
Major

Post by paladinrpg »

ann wrote:The King listened carefully and then said, "I think this might be accomplished. Have you any particular city in mind?"
Yu Yinzi gave a somber smile and bowed her head once in thanks for his understanding. "There is no need to be so considerate, Lord Chen... I have not a preference to burden you with, nor should I seek to do so. I do not require much for my tasks; even a poorly developed metropolis would do, and likely it would benefit most from the Bazaar's commercial presence to turn it into a productive member of the province in due time."
Numinous
Lieutenant

Post by Numinous »

ann wrote:Numinous

Pan Dao nodded and said, "It is true that The King of Chu opposes the Qin. The King feels that all those who oppose the Qin should unite with one another to destroy this threat completely. What precisely do you propose?
Bing Xiao nodded. "It is certainly a relief to hear the King is such a wise man. Though the last flames of the Qin are about to be extinguished, those like us who desire a new order are continually bogged down with these petty struggles, such as the war that now rages in Jiujiang province. The states of Wu and Chu have historically been at odds in the distant past, but my Lady wishes for that to come to an end."

He gathered a deep breath before continuing. "Before any proposals can be made, there is yet a stumbling block that must be overcome. The Marquess is closely tied with the Marquis of Huainan, Jiang Sei, who is currently engaging the forces of Xiang Jun as we speak, which, if the reports are accurate, also includes a battalion of Chu's army. It is no secret that Lady Zhi and her counterpart in Huainan view this action with extreme regret... for your regime is held in great regard in the halls of the southern coast."

The diplomat shook his head once sadly. "The Marquess cannot help but feel it is certain entanglements with your chosen allies that must be forcing you into such actions. If this is the case, know well that we too are suffering such self-same political tensions from those allied with this pervasive 'Brotherhood', who would care for nothing more than your regime's end. It could be viewed that this reclamation of Yi Lian's former holdings by our ally is driven by such pressure, but we seek only to punish a disrespectful & spiteful King and have no other motives other than the removal of this reviled man. There is no threat to your territories once this task is accomplished." The man coughed once. "However, if such military movements from Chu to aid them continue, there is a great risk we will be forced into open war -- and that is just what this shadowy organization wants. Such an event would be a disaster for both our kingdoms."

The scholar Bing Xiao folded his hands behind him. "Therefore, I would humbly request that you withdraw your armies from Jiujiang... lest good men of Chu perish only to strengthen the enemies that lie in wait, manipulating your nation and ours into conflict for their gain."
Yu Cheng (22) 90*-32-42-93*-36
Aid II, Civil Administrator III, Cover I, Dash II, Military Administrator II, Politician I