Attack on Shi Tong (Jiaodong)

For Completed Battles

Moderator: Game Masters

Royalspork
Marshal

Re: Attack on Shi Tong (Jiaodong)

Post by Royalspork »

Over the course of the battle, she had seen her armies grow more and more confident while her enemy's attacks became more and more desperate. Therefore she could pretty well estimate that were the battle to continue, she might be able to win handily. Despite her urge to get her first big victory on the field, she understood that it was better for the state if she were to break off this battle now and make amends with the other ruler.

For this purpose she sent her loyal retainer Li Zhu across the lines in a small detachment, waving a white flag. He called out to the front line "The army of Lady Lin Yue wishes to seek a settlement for the greater good of both kingdoms, may I speak to your lord?"
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Zu Shi himself accepted the riders bearing the white flag. He had been furious as to how the battle had turned against him, but he resisted his urge to send this speaker back to their lord in pieces. Welcoming the rider into his tent he waves off the guards. "Speak freely. What does your Lady propose?"
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu bowed, and said "My lady wishes to end this petty conflict between our two lords. There is a great clan in the seat of Chu now, and they wish to conquer all of the lands by means of bloody conflict. He is a very successful commander, drawing men of all types to his administration. If either of our kingdoms is to survive against this threat, we must work together for the time being, and repel the Ma clan's relentless advance. In spirit of cooperation, the lady shall return to you all of your captive troops, as well as a great portion of the arms found on the field. All you need to do in return is leave this battlefield, and accept the true threat your kingdom faces."
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Zu Shi stared hard at the woman before him. Clearly torn on what he need to do. It was very evident this battle had turned against him. He had his own kingdom to look after... But Ma was his brother. What was he suppose to do? If only his cousin were here to council him... He was not a man of such affairs. With a heavy sigh he waved off the woman. "I'll send men to recover my wounded and the prisoners you'll be releasing. Then we will take our leave of this cursed land. I'll expect an envoy from your lord when I return to Qi."
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Li Zhu bowed, and stated, "Lady Lin is a woman of her word, you shall see." He then bid the lord adieu and headed back to his own lines.

Pending Qi's retreat, all the captives of both sides will be given to them, and 70% of the spoils of the field.
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Qi retreats under these conditions. Good day.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

OK armies updated, admin comm for details.

Battle closed