Chen Imperial Council

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

gravenimages
General
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17

Re: Chen Imperial Council

Post by gravenimages »

Xiang Hin listened to the words going back and forth... There was no honest consideration going on here, only political agendas being served. Having secured the position of power equal with his ambition, of course Ma Dieu would now seek a cessation to war. The men of the east and of the west, envious of his success, would contend the terms of such a peace in an effort to obtain better positions for themselves. They did not trust Ma Dieu, and he of all people knew the wisdom of such. It seemed that he would have to make the first move... He stood, looking to the Prime Minister.

"I have not much left to my name, but such as it is... My own skills, those of the men still loyal to me, the remnants of my armies... All I would place at the direct disposal of a sovereign Emperor in Chu. I will lay aside any clan obligation of animosity against our host as a stipulation of such service."

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 69#p177169
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Qiao Sui was only barely able to contain himself from spitting at the thought of granting lands to Ma Dieu with difficulty.

"The lords here would all guarantee the emperors safety. If Ma Dieu were to reside in Liang he would still be able to protect the emperor should he be attacked. In addition all here would in our vow of loyalty make a proclamation that any who ventured near Chu with armies would be enemies of the Emperor and thus all of us. As to ceding land to Ma Dieu, no, we will not again let Ma Dieu occupy land he once took with treachery and by the use of his allies as substitutes for his own men. Wu shall not give ANY land to Ma Dieu, he already occupies a city rightfully a possession of Wu in Jiujiang, he should be content with that and perhaps aim to take those lands he was tasked to control originally in Jiaoxi. His constant grasping for control over the Emperor is sickening in its blatant ambition.

You state that nobody aided Ma Dieu in his war against Chu yet how could Wu or others whose armies and lands Ma Dieu ruined? With Ma Dieu having squandered the armies of his allies in war against Wu many of the lords loyal to the emperor had lost both men and generals. Wu itself was cut off from Chu due to his attack and occupation of our lands in Jiujiang. Agreement has been reached with him to allow the continued occupation of that city but we shall not stand by and watch him set himself up as a new tyrant. No matter his achievement in toppling Xiang Yu, his actions before that point should not be forgotten, and he should not be trusted with the life of the new Emperor."
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Xing Cai narrowed his eyes at the Prime Minister... His lord had hoped for the Prime Minister to be a truly wise man... But, it would seem, that his attempts to end the life of Liu Bang shortly after the fall of Qin, have still clouded his judgment... The fool, he was a tool of Xiang Yu, and now just a tool of Ma Dieu... However, Xing Cai did perk up at the words of Xiang Hin, and a smile crossed his face, "Lord Xiang Hin would make a fine protector of the Emperor... He is an able commander, and a man of great honor... He is also neither powerful enough to invade those of us who have arrived, neither weak enough to merely be brushed aside. If Lord Hin were given the protectorate of the Emperor, the Lord-Scholar would also be more than willing to give troops towards protecting him as well, and would hope that all of the other lords assembled here are not too petty, and would do the same..."

Pausing a moment, he rubbed his chin, "Another possible candidate for Protector of the Emperor could be Supreme Command Yi Guang, a very talented general who actually defeated the forces of Ma Dieu in battle," he said, glancing over towards the Fei Lai, "As well as many others... And he has served the King of Wu, the King of Qi and now serves with the Lord-Scholar, if only temporarily... He is not an overly ambitious man, merely one who truly owes his allegiance to the Empire... He has pledged this much to my liege-lord on many occasions...."
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai rubbed his chin.

"I just want to be sure I understand your proposals. The first, is to have Xiang Hin, adopted brother to Xiang Yu, become the protector of the Emperor? Better yet, the second is to have a mercenary, nomad, vagabond that shows NO loyalty to anyone for more than a few months become his personal commander? Surely you both jest, if these are the thoughts of your Lords, no wonder they sent men of such low ranks to represent their opinions."

Lai shook his head and bowed to Fan Zeng.

"Apologies Prime Minister if I speak out of place, I was hoping for more constructive comments. Surely others here have opinions on the matter?"
gravenimages
General
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17

Post by gravenimages »

Hin smiled, shook his head. "I would not be so bold, nor assume myself so skilled, as to presume to ultimate authority and responsibility for the safety of the emperor, even as you do not presume, I imagine, to ultimate authority and responsibility for the safety of your Lord." The man looks about at those assembled. "If there were a few other Lords who could make pledges similar to the meager resources I offer... I assume such men would be placed under the wise supervision of the Prime Minister. Those with strong armies in the east, such as Lord Ma, and King Li, could put their experience against each other to use against those reticent states which might still prove troublesome in the north. Their combined might would go far in bringing about peace."

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 69#p177169
Agon07
Captain

Post by Agon07 »

The talks where going as well as she had though, not at all. She had remained silent so far lisening to all the talks going. It seemed that most whanted to use these talks to gain somthing with all this, more so Qiong Sui who would even ask that Ma Dieu abandon lands while he himself wouldnt. Rest was more distrust amongs themself, it was to be expected that those that could be seen as rivals wouldnt trust one another.

Lizhi: If i may,

She finaly said, breaking her silence.

Lizhi: i am fine with the prime minister's proposal of the next to be emperor. As for the location of where the emperor should reside, i belive chu would be a good choice, the previous emperor resided there i see no reasons why it would change, unless he himself would chouse to change it. And it would be in the middle of us all, making us its shield against those who would opose him.

She then shift her atention a bit more on Qiong Sui.

Lizhi: As for the proposal of leaving all the lands of chu to the emperor, chu dosent soly belong to Duke Ma. So lord Sui, you would ask me to abandon my own oldings in chu? As it was said, it could be else where that the emperor decide to reside, wich id have nothing against it. But should he decide to say move to Wu for exemple, would you agree to leave the lands of Wu? If you wish to make such demands, you have to be ready to be subject to the same ones.

She didnt realy like to look like she was singeling him on that but he was the only one who made such demands, and didnt even seemed willing to be subject to the same when the prime minister spoke.

Lizhi: as for protection, i douth many would be able to agree on one individual in particular. I could offer myself, but douth any of you would agree.

She smiled lightly, she knew none would agree to put her in that position.

Lizhi: i am not delusional to think i could, im aware that my forces wouldnt be able to sufice for this task. But i have an idee id like to submit for this. Each would provide some of there troops for one to lead them to protect the emperor.

She paused a moment and looked at all the lords and the representatives, and ended looking at the prime minister.

Lizhi: And i belive the prime minister would make a good choice.
Zhu Lizhi(15); 80-26-54-81-73/Civil Administrator II, Cover I, Discipline I, Diplomat II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
Gold:
Follower:Ai Mei(16); 50-86-43-47-65/Trainer II, Intimidate I, Jianshu I, Smith I, Rally I, Deride I, Charge I
Li Ling(17); 58-56-59-76-41/Artisan I, Propagandist II, Cover I, Discipline I, Scribe I
Xia Jingsu (63) 45-62-74-54-69 Assemble II, Haste, Jeer, Volley II
Rong Ying;78-49-72-66-57/Diplomat II, Poison I, Scout II, Volley I
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I was meaning to get around to it but work kept me busy :(
OOC: This is a good time to make your presence known. You don't have to have an introductory RP, you can just assume you all arrived before the Prime Minister. As you post, I'll update the list in the OP to show who is present
Yi sat with Xing Cai, he noticed that many of the others were more senior men who had seen little less than a couple battles. Next to them, he felt young, yet he was quiet with respect for those who spoke, and he knew he had to maintain the cold face for his honour. It would be a shame to reveal his distain for talks of Huainan and Wu, so Yi stood like a stone, his face hard. However, Yi could not take his eyes off the Prime Minister as his decision would change the fate of the Middle Kingdom. He felt helpless in the face of his will and the councils want. It wasn't until his name was mentioned did Yi Guang finally break his reserved silence.

"I have served Li Jiacheng for a year and secured the Kingdom of Wu in that time. My loyalty is proven just and has been honoured within the Kings rule. I was bound by oath." Yi Guang said, his voice clipped. "Fei Lai has seen fit to level slanderous accusations against me and expects the council at large to credit them, given the events leading up to this point... I don't believe this man is in any position to lecture anyone on loyalty." The young commander turns to Fei Lai, his stare boring straight into him. "Perhaps you should look closer to home for one who hires such mercenaries." Visibly, Yi Guang relaxes once more and addresses the council. "Yet another demonstration of the mans silver tongue which I'm sure the Chu Imperial Courts and now the Council are made fully aware of."

"It is true that I have yet to forge my services with a Lord of similar ideal, as I once did... so it is this reason that I offer my services willingly. There is no one else in this room who has seen as much battle as I, or who has stopped the forces of Ma Dieu so consistently." He added. "My services were good enough to lead Ma Dieu's forces in January, then they are good enough now." Yi Guang reached into his under-robe, retrieving a letter he had kept safeguarded for many months. He placed the parchment down onto a nearby desk so all could bare witness to its contents. "Take what you will by the written hand."
I send you this message with a heart filled with spite and loathing, yet a mind clear with respect.

You and I have faced each other before; in Xuyi, where our forces triumphed against yours. Your king had been so zealous in his desire to annihilate us, and you had taken that same disease into your own veins. I know that you hate us, that you believe us to be harbingers of chaos in a land which you desire to protect. Your friends, your family, your king, they all reside in Wu. But now that you have departed, free of constraints and self-inflicted duty to ravage an enemy you find equal to you in valor and strength, what do you do?

We have many spies, Yi Guang. We know where you desire to go. As your stalwart enemy, however, I would offer you this piece of advice: do not run away. It is glory you seek, but why do you submit yourself to a lesser war than the one you are to leave?

Do you have what it takes to serve your enemy against a greater threat? You know that you will not find your glory elsewhere; the north is calm, placid as the great lakes that inhabit it. Qi is about to be burned by the armies of Chu, and the west is filled with vile, scheming men who value their luxurious treasures more than the heat of battle you so crave. The east, the south. You and I both know, this is where you belong.

You can either join us here to face Xiang Yu and have all the power that you need to do so, or you can simply run away somewhere else and face him when he is no longer beatable. The longer he lives, grows lesser the chances of you, me, or anyone else ever defeating him. Right now we have great armies, grand generals, but we stand alone against a mighty foe. You may think this letter folly, but I digress. Only a man of worth would try to make use of his enemy for his own benefit.

I loathe you, Yi Guang. I despise you for so many reasons; for slaying my old comrade Kijo Akki in Huaiyin, for one. Oh yes, you had the gall to kill her when I spared your friend Shaozu's life in Xuyi. Yet I am no blind fool to see why she fell so flatly against you. You are a rarity among commanders, an epic waiting for a true shot at glory, and truth be told, you are the only enemy in the world I can respect as much as hate. I have wanted to kill you for so long, and perhaps one day I shall do so. But the time for a battle between you and me, or you and Ma Dieu, is not yet at hand. We cannot cater to two great enemies at once; you cannot afford to face Xiang Yu and Ma Dieu at the same time, and Ma Dieu cannot face you and Xiang Yu simultaneously as well.

But what if Xiang Yu faced Ma Dieu and Yi Guang at the same time? Can the mighty Hegemon King of Western Chu stand alone against such strength? Your departure from Wu's forces has all but assured their fall; you cannot stop this, especially if you run away to join some fat bloated fool who sits idly on his throne, waiting like a rat for scraps. What you can do is join us and become King of Wu in time, to make it prosper and live in harmony under a banner which would stand in glory forever. Win your glory here, because this is where you know you will find it. Bide your time in safety and peace like some coward, or plunge into the bloodshed waiting to break out here.

Do you have what it takes to meet me in a place of neutrality? If so, think clearly of the possibilities you have here. You do not fear death, I know this much. I may kill you, but I assure you I will not, for the sake of both our glories in the future. The choice is yours.

Signed,
Xian Long Rui, The Black Ogre of Chu
Yi Guang bowed his head in respect to the Prime Minister, "Unless there are any objections by anyone here present, I will serve as Protector of the Emperor."
Last edited by Krimzon on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai took the time to read the letter and shrugged dismissing it.

"I don't understand what this proves or how it pertains to your loyalty. Ma Dieu is well known to use mercenaries in his campaigns, this only proves we recognized you as one and gives great recognition of your talent despite the loss your forces suffered in Huainan at the hands of my brother, the only time armies actually faced each other until Yue where neither of you was present. My point was not to question your abilities or those of Xiang Hin but rather express my serious doubts that either one of you would be loyal to the Emperor. I do not slander, I merely state facts, unless you deny moving from Lord to Lord over the past year? You speak of a year like it is an oath of a lifetime, I know sergeants that have served in less glory for a lot longer than you are old. Your words might be pretty, your letters enchanting but they do nothing to ease our doubts."

Pausing, Lai bowed to the Lady of Yin.

"I have no objections to having forces gathered to serve the Emperor directly, a sort of Imperial guard. Then again, the choice of such men to lead such guards would fall to the Prime Minister and the Son of Heaven. Ma Dieu will not be ceding any lands or armies to anyone unless others do so at equal level in some kind of grand administration. We are open to such suggestion, but not to sacrificing influence to ease the conscience of some."
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Shen Feng remained quiet for a time, hearing Fan Zeng's proposal and the responses that followed, both positive and negative. Though he had been a diplomat before he was a King, he had never attended a conference of such magnitude, and was in no rush to speak as a result. Finally, during a lull, he offered his insights.

"If the Prime Minister feels that Mi Xiong Gen is a man worthy of the title, then I have no objections. However, I feel that the mistakes of the past should not be repeated." Once he had everyone's attention, he gave a small smile and continued. "With all due respect, Lord Ma Dieu, having you defend Chu and control the Emperor's armies would be repeating history. The Emperor must be a strong man, a man capable of attracting devotion and support. If He is to be hidden away behind a talented general, then it shall be no different than the last Emperor."

"But." Feng held up his hand, to ward off the expected angry retorts. "Before we commit to anything like that, we must take the time to consider. Who is not here? Who has decided that this conference is not worth their time? I am going to assume that all the lords and Kings were invited, please correct me if I am wrong. There is no envoy from Qi, which does not surprise me. Likewise, Zhao and Han are conspicuous by their absence. The King of Han is not of great importance on the periphery of the Empire as he is. No offense meant to you, Xing Cai." Feng turned and gave the man a disarming grin.

"It is the absence of Qi and Zhao that is a concern. Whatever agreement we reach here, we can safely assume that they will not honor it. And for that reason, for now, I believe that Ma Dieu must retain control of Chu. Chu should be placed under the Emperor's direct care, eventually, but for the moment we cannot afford to squabble while enemies await poised to strike." Feng clasped his hands together, leaning forward in his seat as he spoke. "I am, if anything, a neutral party in this. I do not owe anything to Ma Dieu, nor to Li Zar De. I know of the conflict they both have had, and of why this argument is taking place, but it must be put aside if only for a moment for the sake of the empire, for the sake of the new Emperor. We must be prepared to fight those who clearly believe that only they deserve to be Emperor, the ones so blinded by ambition that they will continue these wars that have tormented us all for so long."

Finishing, he reclined in his seat once more, his calm eyes scanning the room to see the reactions to his words. He expected an angry retort from Xing Cai, if only because of his past conflict with the King of Han, and he was curious to hear what it would be. But hopefully his suggestion might diffuse some of the tensions present, and focus everyone on what was sure to be the real threat to the would-be peace.
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

"An offer of Kingship to a mercenary? More false promises perhaps. Tell me, Fei Lai... do you consider all allies as mercenaries then? I scarcely recall seeing many banners bearing the insignia of your lord, Ma Dieu, in Huainan. As a result I see Ma Su and Xiang Hin stripped of the power granted to them and your administration prospering from their kingdoms destruction. I understand that your forces wouldn't have noticed the several hundred thousand lying dead at Huaiyin and Xuyi." Yi bit his tongue and kept his rage internal."I had sought refuge under King Zhefu for one month, one of fifteen as Supreme Commander... that I do not deny. I fail to see how or why my integrity should be called to question, but that is for the Council to decide. Not you."

Yi Guang settled himself once more and listened to Shen Fengs words, nodding here and there where his words struck resonance with him. He waited for others to voice their own views...