General Roleplay Thread

For RP anywhere in the game.
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Re: General Roleplay Thread

Post by Suicide Fox »

Popping the GRP cherry!

For: Xiang Zhuang

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride...

A wanderer. That's what Senju's existence was resorted to after the tragedy that befell his clan in the Di province. For seven long years he'd traveled the lands of the middle kingdom, searching in vain for another place to call his home. Perhaps the memories from the past would succumb to comfort when he finally found the place he felt he belonged. The problem was, every village or town he ventured to never felt like home. It was never good enough. The people weren't right, the terrain was too rough, Senju searched for any and every reason to continue wandering.

This village was no different than the others. The outside seemed cozy and inviting, as if it were sprouting arms that waved the white haired smith into its threshhold, promising him happiness and clarity. Maybe a pretty woman would be there, and he could find a wife and raise a family. Something simple. But Senju knew it was all a lie. As far as he knew this was the only village for a couple of miles, and he was running low on supplies. Though he didn't quite want to stop, cirumstance gave in to reason and he shrugged his shoulders.

His blue armor and outward appearance were highly polished, giving him the mask of a traveling nobleman. Though his white hair and tattooed face were slightly odd, he carried himself in such a way that told he was a proud and honest man. The first thing he saught out to do was find the stables, hoping to purchase a good horse so that he might make better time on his travels. Since his traveling was done solely on foot, he had developed bad blisters which caused him to walk with a slight limp.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Suicide Fox wrote:Popping the GRP cherry!

For: Xiang Zhuang

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride...

A wanderer. That's what Senju's existence was resorted to after the tragedy that befell his clan in the Di province. For seven long years he'd traveled the lands of the middle kingdom, searching in vain for another place to call his home. Perhaps the memories from the past would succumb to comfort when he finally found the place he felt he belonged. The problem was, every village or town he ventured to never felt like home. It was never good enough. The people weren't right, the terrain was too rough, Senju searched for any and every reason to continue wandering.

This village was no different than the others. The outside seemed cozy and inviting, as if it were sprouting arms that waved the white haired smith into its threshhold, promising him happiness and clarity. Maybe a pretty woman would be there, and he could find a wife and raise a family. Something simple. But Senju knew it was all a lie. As far as he knew this was the only village for a couple of miles, and he was running low on supplies. Though he didn't quite want to stop, cirumstance gave in to reason and he shrugged his shoulders.

His blue armor and outward appearance were highly polished, giving him the mask of a traveling nobleman. Though his white hair and tattooed face were slightly odd, he carried himself in such a way that told he was a proud and honest man. The first thing he saught out to do was find the stables, hoping to purchase a good horse so that he might make better time on his travels. Since his traveling was done solely on foot, he had developed bad blisters which caused him to walk with a slight limp.
Fang Ai had heard of the man's intention to visit, so he made himself available at the stables before his arrival. He wore his usual helmet and armor; rare was it he was without them, and as usual, both were painted white. As such, he generally stood out. The visitor stood out as well, however, considering the color of his armor and, perhaps, his nature, and as such, Fang Ai made his way to him.

"Hello," he said, nodding as he settled a few feet away. "I am Fang Ai. Are you the man who is looking for a horse?"
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

"I am," De Man confirmed, smiling politely the the man while shifting the pack he wore on his shoulders. The burden of such a large pack plus his armor had to be very heavy, but if it phased him he gave no outward indication other than his slight limp. "I'm De Man, a traveler from the Di province. Up until now I've made good time on my feet alone, but the rains have given me bad blisters I can't seem to shake." Reaching to his belt, which one might notice that 5 distinct pouches hung, he produced a gold coin. "I had hoped to save this until later, but it can't be helped. Which is your finest mare?"

De Man hands the man 400 gold.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Suicide Fox wrote:"I am," De Man confirmed, smiling politely the the man while shifting the pack he wore on his shoulders. The burden of such a large pack plus his armor had to be very heavy, but if it phased him he gave no outward indication other than his slight limp. "I'm De Man, a traveler from the Di province. Up until now I've made good time on my feet alone, but the rains have given me bad blisters I can't seem to shake." Reaching to his belt, which one might notice that 5 distinct pouches hung, he produced a gold coin. "I had hoped to save this until later, but it can't be helped. Which is your finest mare?"

De Man hands the man 400 gold.
"My finest?" he asked, surprised at the quest. "Ah, well, there is a filly here who is fairly fast, but perhaps more importantly, is good with the reins. She'll move when you want her to, which should be of some advantage if you ever get into a fight. That price is just what I am asking for her, too. I can show you to her here if you want. I usually ask that any of my customers stick around for a day, just so they can get a feel of what the horse can do. Helps me help you, I guess."

((PT is updated with the crafting in for this month.))
101*.87*.44.78.39

Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

"Hm." Senju nodded, showing his appreciation if such a mare were available. "I suppose I will have to see her then," He smiled, bringing his thumb and finger to the tattooed point on his chin and assuming the typical thinking man's pose. "I don't mind staying in the village for a little while. It will be a good chance for me to practice my riding. I need time for my feet to heal if I want to be able to grip the stirrups, and I haven't ridden since I was young. Do you know of a place I could board for fairly cheap? I'd even be willing to stay in the stables." For a man who just handed over 400 gold, and who certainly had more if those pouches were any indication, he sure didn't seem to act like it.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Suicide Fox wrote:"Hm." Senju nodded, showing his appreciation if such a mare were available. "I suppose I will have to see her then," He smiled, bringing his thumb and finger to the tattooed point on his chin and assuming the typical thinking man's pose. "I don't mind staying in the village for a little while. It will be a good chance for me to practice my riding. I need time for my feet to heal if I want to be able to grip the stirrups, and I haven't ridden since I was young. Do you know of a place I could board for fairly cheap? I'd even be willing to stay in the stables." For a man who just handed over 400 gold, and who certainly had more if those pouches were any indication, he sure didn't seem to act like it.
"The stables are fine," he replied. "We have a few cots set up to the side. I will be able to show you the horse tomorrow, I think."

((Tomorrow))

As soon as De Man was up and around, Fang Ai led him out to see his new horse. He ran her around a little to show off some of her maneuverability, then brought her back to De Man. "I had named her Cheese previously, because, well, she likes cheese, but you should feel free to name her whatever. Here, have a quick ride. If you are up to it, you should be able to get her to jump some of the stakes." Yep, it was rare to see a filly who liked cheese and could jump stakes.

((Fang Ai gives De Man the Horse (Atk+2, Spd+2) he paid for previously!))
101*.87*.44.78.39

Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

“I appreciate your hospitality.” De Man replied, ushering his arm for Feng Ai to lead the way to the stables.

((Tomorrow))

All and all his stay in the stables wasn’t too unbearable. Having been a traveling man for the past seven years really accustomed De Man to sleeping on the hard ground. To sleep in a bed for once, even if it was a cot, was rather pleasurable. That night he dreamed of his village again, and awoke in the morning with a cold sweat. After performing his morning ritual, which consisted of practicing the forms of Qiangshu and stretching his muscles, De Man made time with his host to show him the filly.

“Cheese, huh?” He smiled, the morning sun reflecting from his forehead protector to cast a light on the mares neck. Patting the spot gently, he rubbed the horse down to put her at ease. Upon the permission that he was to mount her, De Man gingerly made his way to the saddle. His feet were still sore, but the pressure of being off the ground was felt almost immediately when he gripped her reigns.

The blue armored smith hiked the reigns once, remembering his lessons as a boy how to control the animal. Like the trainer had implied she was pretty maneuverable, and De Man could feel the raw power of her muscles as his thighs gripped tightly around her ribs. He trotted around slowly at first, trying to get accustomed to riding again. Once that was done, he set the next goal a little higher, hoping that the horse could clear the stakes as Feng Ai claimed.

As if he were in the heat of battle his heart pounded, but De Man was pleasantly surprised when Cheese cleared the first steak with ease. He had seen enough. Riding to Feng Ai, the smith was all smiles. “She’s just like you said. I think Cheese is a fine name.”

De Man recieves Cheese [Horse] (Atk +2, Spd+2)!
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Suicide Fox wrote:“I appreciate your hospitality.” De Man replied, ushering his arm for Feng Ai to lead the way to the stables.

((Tomorrow))

All and all his stay in the stables wasn’t too unbearable. Having been a traveling man for the past seven years really accustomed De Man to sleeping on the hard ground. To sleep in a bed for once, even if it was a cot, was rather pleasurable. That night he dreamed of his village again, and awoke in the morning with a cold sweat. After performing his morning ritual, which consisted of practicing the forms of Qiangshu and stretching his muscles, De Man made time with his host to show him the filly.

“Cheese, huh?” He smiled, the morning sun reflecting from his forehead protector to cast a light on the mares neck. Patting the spot gently, he rubbed the horse down to put her at ease. Upon the permission that he was to mount her, De Man gingerly made his way to the saddle. His feet were still sore, but the pressure of being off the ground was felt almost immediately when he gripped her reigns.

The blue armored smith hiked the reigns once, remembering his lessons as a boy how to control the animal. Like the trainer had implied she was pretty maneuverable, and De Man could feel the raw power of her muscles as his thighs gripped tightly around her ribs. He trotted around slowly at first, trying to get accustomed to riding again. Once that was done, he set the next goal a little higher, hoping that the horse could clear the stakes as Feng Ai claimed.

As if he were in the heat of battle his heart pounded, but De Man was pleasantly surprised when Cheese cleared the first steak with ease. He had seen enough. Riding to Feng Ai, the smith was all smiles. “She’s just like you said. I think Cheese is a fine name.”

De Man recieves Cheese [Horse] (Atk +2, Spd+2)!
Fang Ai laughed in response. "Whatever suits you," he added. He looked on at the horse for a moment, then an idea popped into his head. "Want to test her other abilities out some? Perhaps we could have a bit of a friendly bout, you and I. I don't have a horse prepared that could match her quality, but that's hardly the point, is it? You seem strong enough to match blows with me, and I don't mind fighting on foot. What do you say?"

((Thou hast been challenged to a du-el! Friendly, of course.))
101*.87*.44.78.39

Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

"A duel?" De Man visably frowned. "I gave up my fighting days, friend. I swore I would only lift my spear to protect, not to kill." His frown began to upturn slightly. "Though, I suppose a friendly match doesn't quite count, does it? And I do owe you for such a fair price and a fine filly. Very well, I accept your challenge!"

De Man accepts the friendly duel proposal.