Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Kayfen
Ensign

Re: Tavern

Post by Kayfen »

The smile didn't falter. "I was merely enjoying this calm day." He spoke slowly and quietly, as if every word were calculated, or rather dreamily murmured. "Your description of me, I do not agree with. Plain, yes. Boiled? No, I believe you are thinking of your cheek, sir. I am sure you are used to it. And you know the sting passes. Would you like for me to fetch a cold cloth? Or, we may dampen the letter you received and press it to your cheek. Ensure it is put to use, for the time spent in creating and delivering it."
Hu Kang Chí táng huà | Age 25 | Stats: 55-38-84-80-50
Skills: Confuse II, Poison I, Public Planner II, Doctor, Civil Administrator II, Propagandist I, Scout I, Scribe I
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

The youth actually growled through his teeth. "Are you MOCKING ME?" He asked, loudly but slightly muffled through his gritted teeth, before he banged on the table with the side of his fist. "Besides, I refused it. It was probably just some guy telling me that I'd upset his sister with my honesty. Most men don't have the guts to actually say why they're even bothering to talk to a woman. You should admire my boldness! But no, manners this and etiquette that. No wonder you're unmarried, Kang. Though, haha, who'd want a nagging wife, eh?" He seemed to have talked himself slowly out of his bad mood and he flipped over a cup to fill it before pushing it across the table to the one he addressed as Kang. "Have some boiled water with flavour, might make you less boring, just maybe!" He poured himself a drink and then took a sip too quickly then pulled it away from his mouth and proceeded to blow on the surface of the liquid quickly with a slightly scolded mouth.
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

The man continued smiling pleasantly, watching the other man as if idly taking in the scenery after stepping outside during a nice day. The very edge of his eyebrow twitched very slightly at the mention of marriage, yet nothing came of it. He took the cup silently and lifted with both hands, tipping it gently to sip the hot liquid. He seemed content to sit with his thoughts as he did so. When he lowered the cup, the smile was gone, yet he still kept a serene expression. "You intend on joining this woman, still?" he asked, curiously. "You know I must follow you."
Skills: Confuse II, Poison I, Public Planner II, Doctor, Civil Administrator II, Propagandist I, Scout I, Scribe I
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

If the younger man had noticed the reaction to his words he didn't show it. He swallowed half his cupful of tea in one gulp and screwed up his face as it burnt his throat before putting the cup down. "Yeah, I guess." He belched and then put his hands behind his head to scratch at his scalp. He turned and sniffed at his arm pit through his plain shirt and then made a huff of distaste at the odour before dropping his hands by his sides again. "She's gonna give me work. Also, pretty hot. I might be able to become her body guard, if you know what I mean, eh eh?" He grinned and waggled his eyebrows before downing the rest of his tea. "What d'you think of her, anyway?"
50-95-43-80-53
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

"Oh, my brother, you would leave my frail, defenseless body open to attack from our various enemies?" He took his sweet time on his next sip, and when he lowered it he smiled again to show his lack of seriousness. "I would like a quiet life. Though I have clearly abandoned that pretty idea by following you." He gave the man a...certain look. One others might see as simple brotherly affection. Though, the other man may see it differently. "I have no regrets, of course. I know little about this woman. But if you trust her, I suppose I should as well. Unless, you intend to 'guard her body' more than you intend to use your earnings." His tone was light and teasing, yet not in any particularly active way.
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

The youth glanced around the room as though checking to make sure no one was watching them, shifting in his seat at the look from the other man, he crossed his legs and then realised how unmanly the posture was an spread his knees again. He sighed and gave up trying to be comfortable. "Heh, I can guard you too, Kang." His cheeks were a little red and he frowned at the man across the table from him when Kang smiled to show he was joking.

"Besides, what quiet life would you want, brother? Screwing some poor woman you married until she dies on her seventh child-bed and reading books all day long? Sounds about as peaceful as a spear up the ah-" He went silent as his words were interrupted by a loud growling noise and then he clutched his stomach. "OHGOD!" He dropped to the floor and rolled around in pain, a familiar display for the man who shared his table, and whined in seeming agony.
50-95-43-80-53
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

He sighed and shook his head, the smile gone, yet he didn't appear alarmed or even embarrassed. He smiled gently and kneeled next to the man. "Oh, Ping, you must remember to eat, as I must remember to fish regularly to keep my energy up." He reached into a pack at his waist and produced a ripe peach. He grabbed his wrist to hold it still and placed the peach in his palm. Very subtly, he closed the other man's fingers around it. "Care for yourself, please," he asked soothingly, giving him the same look again, though it lingered. He ignored the possible commotion around him as a result of the scene.
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

The young man didn't resist and clutched the peach in his hand once his fingers were closed around it. "Ah, food!" He gasped and devoured the fruit, lying on the floor all the while, and sitting up with the stone in his mouth before sticking a hand in the air. "Waifess! Raif! Meap! Foop!" He called out, the stone from the fruit muffling his words, before he clamped his hand on the shoulder of his oath-brother and nodded to him seriously. He spat the stone on the floor and then said: "Thank you, Kang, you are good to me." Before using him to pull himself up and then parking himself in his seat again. "Oh man, still so hungry." He poured himself a cup of tea and drank it quickly as though trying to fill the hole in his belly with the liquid.
50-95-43-80-53
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

"I will help remind you, brother. Worry not. First..." Kang gestured to the waitress as she passed and ordered himself and Ping food, apologizing politely if any apologies were needed. Kang chose plain rice, fiddling with it dreamily with his chopsticks before he finally began to eat. He prepared himself for the violent display that would surely come from food being placed in front of a starving Ping.
Aleksandr
Major

Post by Aleksandr »

The Tavern door slammed open to make room for Kang Xingtu's impressive form, the murmur of the tavern dying off for a moment as people looked over their shoulders toward him. He hefted a massive double-bladed axe over one shoulder, a weapon of obvious quality that seemed to glisten as though the silver-colored metal were perpetually wet.

The man swept his gaze across the tavern's patrons and twisted his face into a scowl, taking a few more steps into the building before raising his voice up to be heard over the various conversations.

"Where's Ji Qing?!"
Di Wan (23, Male), the Marquis of Di
80-34*-82-91*-45*
Skills: Artisan II, Cover II, Decoy II, Entrench II, Gongshu, Volley II
Gold: 486