Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Jin Shi
Colonel

Re: Tavern

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su had a smile watching this man deal with an environment not suited to him. His smile widened as the man continued to passive-aggressively deal with Su. He drank a little more of his own wine as the man now sitting across from him fidgeted and thought of what to do. Su was oftentimes a straightforward man, and he followed that trend here.

"The name's Ma Su. Where are you from?" He leaned back in his chair a little, thoroughly amused by all this. "A politician should be more polite, don't you think?"
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

In she slowly walked, glancing at everyone as she proceeded to the taverns bar area, placing her order and retreating to a table near the centre of the establishment. The girl wore a unique dress with long fur on the collar, in her hair was a flower hairpin, her sleeves loosely connected together at the back. The look on her face was serene, as if she had not a care in the world. Alone she sat, glancing around at the people around her, smiling to those that glanced back.

[Open]
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Oro wrote:In she slowly walked, glancing at everyone as she proceeded to the taverns bar area, placing her order and retreating to a table near the centre of the establishment. The girl wore a unique dress with long fur on the collar, in her hair was a flower hairpin, her sleeves loosely connected together at the back. The look on her face was serene, as if she had not a care in the world. Alone she sat, glancing around at the people around her, smiling to those that glanced back.

[Open]
(( I'll take you up on that if you don't mind *Chuckles* ))

Kai Zoku sighed, looking around the tavern with weary eyes. He wasn't sure why he allowed Si to talk him into coming back to this place. The young lord's face looked pale, strands of jet black hair clung to flesh that was starting to sweat. 'Ya need ta keep going out, Lord Kai. It's the only way ya be able to perform at your full potential outside of the village.' Si's very own words as the beast of a man pushed Kai out of his manor and into the streets to start their journey to Si's favorite tavern.

"As long as that child does not come near me..." Kai uttered low under his breath, both elbows resting on the table with a pair of matching handkerchiefs positioned beneith each one, palms cupping his face. The sound of footsteps caused Kai to part his fingers, smokey gray eyes peering through the openings to see a woman taking a seat at a table next to him. Head tilting slightly, Kai watched silently while examining her look...searching for some form of symmetry. ~I'm..surprised to see a woman of her class in a place like this...~ He thought, glancing about to see if she had a rougher looking companion that may have drug her here much like his own.

"...taking a break from a long journey?" Kai's soft voice managed to stretch out towards her, just barely loud enough for her to take notice he was speaking to her.
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Skills: Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Diplomat II, Jeer I, Politician II
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

RoiyaruOokami wrote:"...taking a break from a long journey?" Kai's soft voice managed to stretch out towards her, just barely loud enough for her to take notice he was speaking to her.
Oh! A bite! She thought, turning in her chair to face the voice, her face still with a smile that could get away with murder, she bows her head slightly to the man. "Yes. This is my first time in this particular establishment..." She glances around once again. "Taverns tend to bring a wide assortment of people, I thought I could meet someone new and interesting here."

She motions as best she could with her sleeves sewn together oddly to one of the other seats at her table. "Would you like some food?" Almost eerily well timed, her food was brought out and laid out on her table, there was so much more than one woman could handle. "I bought this to share with anyone who wanted to chat~"
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Oro wrote: ....She motions as best she could with her sleeves sewn together oddly to one of the other seats at her table. "Would you like some food?" Almost eerily well timed, her food was brought out and laid out on her table, there was so much more than one woman could handle. "I bought this to share with anyone who wanted to chat~"
"It certainly does bring a....wide...range of people." Kai replied with a light laugh, lifting his face from the palms of his hands. ~A range that I don't care for sometimes...~ The metalic tips of the claws on each of his pinkys rose up, brushing back those messy strands of hair back behind his ears. "It wouldn't be half bad if they would just...bring a bit more orginization to the design of the building." She would see his gaze slip away to peer at their surroundings, a disgusted curl hitting his lips.

Her offer left Kai raising an eyebrow, watching as the food came out just as she brought it up. "Well...I guess I could use something in my stomach. Perhaps I could buy a round of drinks for us as well..." Rather quickly, Kai moved from his current location to a seat that was directly across from this woman, taking a bit of extra time to scoot his chair left and right to align himself perfectly with her. A sigh escaped his lips. Finally something symmetric. "How rude of me, I should properly introduce myself. I am Kai Zoku, Town Head of Shang of the Di Province." He bowed his head, lifting it slightly to stare at the interesting way her sleeves were designed. "...I have a friend...Si Yong...he should be here soon. I apologize in advance for him." Kai muttered, seemed distracted and rather facinated by those sleeves. Doesn't doing that make things rather...difficult for her?
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

RoiyaruOokami wrote:Her offer left Kai raising an eyebrow, watching as the food came out just as she brought it up. "Well...I guess I could use something in my stomach. Perhaps I could buy a round of drinks for us as well..." Rather quickly, Kai moved from his current location to a seat that was directly across from this woman, taking a bit of extra time to scoot his chair left and right to align himself perfectly with her. A sigh escaped his lips. Finally something symmetric. "How rude of me, I should properly introduce myself. I am Kai Zoku, Town Head of Shang of the Di Province." He bowed his head, lifting it slightly to stare at the interesting way her sleeves were designed. "...I have a friend...Si Yong...he should be here soon. I apologize in advance for him." Kai muttered, seemed distracted and rather facinated by those sleeves. Doesn't doing that make things rather...difficult for her?
Turning to face her own table again as the man sat, she waited for him to get comfortable. "Your friend is more than welcome, there is plenty for the both of you." Instantly she noted down in her mind his symmetrical obsession, she had a knack for working these things out about people... "I am Pyu Pyu, I work for Wen Luan, leader of the city of Ji in Yan province." She said with a quiet smile, realizing that her hairpin would probably annoy the man in the long run, she makes a sharp movement with her head at a moment that he's not looking... sending it falling down, hidden in her cleavage.

"What about yourself? What brings you to a place you so despise?"
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Oro wrote: Turning to face her own table again as the man sat, she waited for him to get comfortable. "Your friend is more than welcome, there is plenty for the both of you." Instantly she noted down in her mind his symmetrical obsession, she had a knack for working these things out about people... "I am Pyu Pyu, I work for Wen Luan, leader of the city of Ji in Yan province." She said with a quiet smile, realizing that her hairpin would probably annoy the man in the long run, she makes a sharp movement with her head at a moment that he's not looking... sending it falling down, hidden in her cleavage.

"What about yourself? What brings you to a place you so despise?"
"An officer for a city leader...very impressive..." Kai's words were still mummbled, gaze lifting back up to the woman's face. ~Wasn't....there...~ He could have sworn she had been wearing a hairpin. Then again, the atmosphere had been throwing him off as of late. From the looks of things, the leader of Ji had a very pleasent and symmetrical look about her from what he could tell. Much like his lovely goddess back in Shang, but no one could go toe to toe with her when it came to perfection. Visibly, the leader of Shang seemed to relax while a rather warm smile spread across his lips.

"...a good question. I asked myself that at least three times already." Shoulders shaking in a silent chuckle, Kai let his now half-lidded eyes fall upon the food that sat upon the table. Reaching out, his hands took hold of the tray's edge and gave a bit of a shove to center it exactly in the middle. "Si insists that I get out more. I find it...difficult...to tolerate most of the outside world." His gaze lifed slightly, the tip of his pinky lightly tapping the edge of the plate. "Tell me...how is this city of Ji? I've ran into a governor within my own province and the man seems to care about nothing more than military might." Kai scowled, his hands curling inward into tight fists. He seemed to be staring through her while going back to that meeting. "Leaving the citizens fearful." Eyes focusing back on the lovely lady, his friendly smile returned. "I do hope that not all cities are like that. If so...things will really need to change."
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

RoiyaruOokami wrote:"Tell me...how is this city of Ji? I've ran into a governor within my own province and the man seems to care about nothing more than military might." Kai scowled, his hands curling inward into tight fists. He seemed to be staring through her while going back to that meeting. "Leaving the citizens fearful." Eyes focusing back on the lovely lady, his friendly smile returned. "I do hope that not all cities are like that. If so...things will really need to change."
"Thus far, Lady Wen Luan has been a caring and thoughtful leader, making sure to put others before herself." PyuPyu replies, motioning down at the food, as if to tell him to dig in. "I can't see my lady turning out like that sort of person, she worked with the people of Ji to remove their past ruler from power, he was not a very popular man..." She trails off, as if remembering something discomforting. "I was there with Wen Luan when he met his end to the mob, she vowed to never let someone like him happen to those people again..."

It may seem odd that she isn't eating, but if you think about it, her arms are tied...
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Oro wrote:
"Thus far, Lady Wen Luan has been a caring and thoughtful leader, making sure to put others before herself." PyuPyu replies, motioning down at the food, as if to tell him to dig in. "I can't see my lady turning out like that sort of person, she worked with the people of Ji to remove their past ruler from power, he was not a very popular man..." She trails off, as if remembering something discomforting. "I was there with Wen Luan when he met his end to the mob, she vowed to never let someone like him happen to those people again..."

It may seem odd that she isn't eating, but if you think about it, her arms are tied...
Kai listened to Pyu Pyu, taking his time to select specific pieces of food. There was no way he was going to begin eating without making a symmetrical design with his meal. "A mob? Hmmm, do you believe a mob would be able to help overthrow a leadership who's specialty is military force? Ji's previous ruler must have lacked that to allow the people of the city to take control like that." His hair curtained down, hiding his eyes as his lips curled in an amused smirk. "However, I think I like this Wen Luan...she seems to care about the people in Ji. If this is true, she already has my approval..."

"OI!!!! Lord Kai!!! What are ya doin with a pretty gal like that?! If Fei ever found out, she'd make sure both of your arms were broken!" A rather loud mouth fellow bellowed across the tavern, causing Kai to sigh. Si was a fairly large man, managing to fit into armor that seemed near impossible for the fellow to fit into. Two large jugs swayed on either side of his hip, the sound of sloshing could be heard from within. His two massive hands were clenching mugs, lifting a leg to kick at an empty chair. As the seat slid over towards their table, Si fell down into it and the woman could swear the chair looked ready to collapse under the weight. The mugs were slammed down on the table, one slid over to Kai as the contents sloshed over the side. Dark wine struck the table. "Did ya at least tell her you were here with me, Lord Kai? Or try to keep the cutie all to you- Lord Kai?" The bear of a man blinked, staring at Kai who looked sick to his stomach.

"Ohhh! Yeah yeah! I sorry about that..." Grasping hold of the seat of his chair, Si began to scoot his chair around the edge of the table...Kai doing the exact same thing but in the opposite direction. "Just...a little more.." The Shang head uttered, the two men looking rather silly as they ended in locations that had the three of them siting in a traingle from one another. Reaching up to scratch at his thick beard, Si offered his other hand to Pyu Pyu. "Names Si Yong, tis a pleasure ta meet cha!"
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

RoiyaruOokami wrote:His hair curtained down, hiding his eyes as his lips curled in an amused smirk. "However, I think I like this Wen Luan...she seems to care about the people in Ji. If this is true, she already has my approval..."

Reaching up to scratch at his thick beard, Si offered his other hand to Pyu Pyu. "Names Si Yong, tis a pleasure ta meet cha!"
The woman smiled at Zoku's opinion on Wen Luan, this was going just as expected... Once the larger man appeared and seated himself at the table, the woman smiled to him too, tilting her head to the side as he spoke. Unable to shake his hand in return, her smile turns into something less serene and more embarrassed. "Uhm... I can't... shake hands... in this dress..." She shuffles in her chair as she says this, hoping it wouldn't leave a bad impression. "I am Pyu Pyu, I serve under Wen Luan of Ji, in Yan..." There has to be an easier way of saying that...
The Theme of Wen Luan