Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Re: Tavern

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Oro wrote: The woman smiled at Zoku's opinion on Wen Luan, this was going just as expected... Once the larger man appeared and seated himself at the table, the woman smiled to him too, tilting her head to the side as he spoke. Unable to shake his hand in return, her smile turns into something less serene and more embarrassed. "Uhm... I can't... shake hands... in this dress..." She shuffles in her chair as she says this, hoping it wouldn't leave a bad impression. "I am Pyu Pyu, I serve under Wen Luan of Ji, in Yan..." There has to be an easier way of saying that...
Si's hand hovered in the air, fingers opening and closing while wondering what was taking the woman so long to shake it. When she told him her problem, large brown eyes took on a rather shocked look. "Now why would ya want ta wear a dress that kept ya from shakin anothers hand?!" Shaking his head, the man brought his mug up to his lips. After two large gulps, he lowered it enough to peek at her over it's edge. "I'm just foolin ya! I'm sure you lot have yer reasons for wearing such an odd design..." Leaning forward, the man nearly caused the table to slide across the floor. "...couldn't keep yer hands to yerself eh?!?!" His head fell back, his laughter filling the entire tavern.

"Now Si, lets try not to scare the lovely lady off..." Kai said with a light chuckle, looking up from his plate that looked more like art than a meal. He had managed to compose himself once more, a warm smile back upon his face as he looked between the two. "...after all she's nice enough to share this food with us." Si grunted, wasting no time to dig into the food centered on the table. "....Lady Pyu?" Kai began, placing his fingertips togeather. "...what does Wen Luan plan to do with the troubles that have been springing up? Clearly there will be men out there looking to take advantage of a freshly risen governor...After all, I do hear from merchants that there are people out there with powerful armies, claiming lands for the sake of Xiang Yu."
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Skills: Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Diplomat II, Jeer I, Politician II
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Jin Shi wrote:Ma Su had a smile watching this man deal with an environment not suited to him. His smile widened as the man continued to passive-aggressively deal with Su. He drank a little more of his own wine as the man now sitting across from him fidgeted and thought of what to do. Su was oftentimes a straightforward man, and he followed that trend here.

"The name's Ma Su. Where are you from?" He leaned back in his chair a little, thoroughly amused by all this. "A politician should be more polite, don't you think?"
[OOC: I'm sorry for the delay!]

Yu peered up from his cup as the man introduced himself, and paid back the same way, "I am Yang Yu, born in Hann but currently resides in Jiaodong." Then, for a reason that escaped Yu entirely, the man somehow marked him as a politician. Right away, Yu spread his arms and looked down at himself, somehow wondering if he looked the part. He did not. The way he spoke didn't signify him being a politician either, as even the man himself had pointed out. Finally, he said, "I'm no politician. My place is in the battlefield, leading soldiers." Peering at the man up and down he asked back, "You look like a fighting man yourself." He commented.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

(OOC: No worries, it happens)

Ma Su had thought the man to be a politician because he was professionally dressed and didn't look at all strong in Su's opinion. He raised his brow in surprise as he heard Yu was supposed to be a commander. "Surely you jest my friend. I am a fighting man indeed, but you don't look like you fit the part." He sized the man up again. "An officer maybe, but no warrior." He said that with full confidence. Taking another drink, he continued on the subject of Jiaodong.

"Jiadong is an interesting province, I've heard some interesting things about the new magistrate, Shi Tong, all the way in Chu. Would you happen to know the man?" He had sent a letter before, and been ignored, which didn't start out his disposition towards the topic in a good position.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

RoiyaruOokami wrote:Si's hand hovered in the air, fingers opening and closing while wondering what was taking the woman so long to shake it. When she told him her problem, large brown eyes took on a rather shocked look. "Now why would ya want ta wear a dress that kept ya from shakin anothers hand?!" Shaking his head, the man brought his mug up to his lips. After two large gulps, he lowered it enough to peek at her over it's edge. "I'm just foolin ya! I'm sure you lot have yer reasons for wearing such an odd design..." Leaning forward, the man nearly caused the table to slide across the floor. "...couldn't keep yer hands to yerself eh?!?!" His head fell back, his laughter filling the entire tavern.

"Now Si, lets try not to scare the lovely lady off..." Kai said with a light chuckle, looking up from his plate that looked more like art than a meal. He had managed to compose himself once more, a warm smile back upon his face as he looked between the two. "...after all she's nice enough to share this food with us." Si grunted, wasting no time to dig into the food centered on the table. "....Lady Pyu?" Kai began, placing his fingertips togeather. "...what does Wen Luan plan to do with the troubles that have been springing up? Clearly there will be men out there looking to take advantage of a freshly risen governor...After all, I do hear from merchants that there are people out there with powerful armies, claiming lands for the sake of Xiang Yu."
Hah, he got it spot on, she thought to herself. What a lucky guess... Pyu Pyu smiles towards Si, giggling slightly. Switching focus to Kai once he began talking. "Oh, don't worry about her being taken advantage of, she's extremely capable with people. These other people though, with their armies given to them, doesn't that just seem cheap to you?" She tilts her head to the side. "Lady Wen Luan spent months earning the trust of the people of Yan, who followed her in her acquisition of Ji, while some people just go to Xiang Yu and ask for some troops?"

Watching as the food disappears, she moves onto a question of her own. "What do you two think of the current China?"
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Oro wrote: Hah, he got it spot on, she thought to herself. What a lucky guess... Pyu Pyu smiles towards Si, giggling slightly. Switching focus to Kai once he began talking. "Oh, don't worry about her being taken advantage of, she's extremely capable with people. These other people though, with their armies given to them, doesn't that just seem cheap to you?" She tilts her head to the side. "Lady Wen Luan spent months earning the trust of the people of Yan, who followed her in her acquisition of Ji, while some people just go to Xiang Yu and ask for some troops?"

Watching as the food disappears, she moves onto a question of her own. "What do you two think of the current China?"
Kai nodded, figuring the woman would have to be capable if she managed reach the point of governing a city. An officer confident in their ruler was always a good sign, unless the person was a blindly obediant fool. Yet, Pyu Pyu didn't seem to fit the type for that. Upon the matter of people gaining troops, Kai's lips shifted into a slight frown. "Those people are just making due with what they can. Connections if you will. No doubt they had backing of some sort otherwise Xiang Yu wouldn't dare give it to ANY person that strutted up to the gates." This was dangerious talk indeed, especially in such a public place. His smokey orbs fell to his plate, the frown only deepening as he continued. "The same goes with the political aspect. There are those who are simply handed it through birth and connections...others struggle. Sometimes you must do what you can to reach a position that allows you to change things..."

Si's belch seemed to snap Kai out of his thoughts, the young man's head snaping up..quickly fixing a smile back upon his face. "You should just know, that Lady Wen will always have one up on those who were gifted with people to follow thme instead of earning the trust. True, these that gained from Xiang Yu may get the trust of the people appointed under them...but Lady Wen has a strong foundation for her trust. Sometime small could ruin everything they worked for. It would be tough for anyone to try and spark trouble for Lady Wen if she tries to change up her ways a little, because many will know her choices are most likely for their best interest in mind." Si listened quietly, his eyes bounced between the two and deciding to keep his mouth shut. If Lord Kai wished to say this much to a stranger...so be it.

"The current China? To me it's simply an unorginized mess. That within itself disgusts me." Kai shrugged, reaching out to take his mug into both hands and lifted it to his lips. After a few sips, Kai continued on while his eyes took a rather amused look to them. "My main concern right now the province of Di. My village has reached a peace between both social tiers, an equality I feel is needed for things to run much more smoothly in a community. I wish to expand this form of peace to stretch out all across Di. Though it would be wonderful if it could go even further than that." Closing his eyes, Kai brought the wine back to his lips and took his time savoring the flavor. "What about yourself? What do you think In fact, what does Lady Wen think as well?"
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

"Us under Wen Luan believe that we have the ability to change China for the better. Her ideals of equality and understanding speak to us as a whole, thus we wish for those ideals to speak to all of China." She glances about the tavern once more, her smile unfading. "All the ridiculous problems that cover this country, like prejudice and birthright, are all meaningless. All they bring the people of China is more suffering and death." Pyu Pyu's smile fades for her next sentence. "I could not live with myself if I did nothing to change that."

Looking back to Kai, her face re-smiled, she asks another question. "What if you had the chance to change China as a whole? Would you take it?"
Wěn Luàn 紊乱 (26) 60-78-20-74-70/Civil Administrator II, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Military Administrator II, Politician II
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Si let out a sigh as he finished his mug, pushing the empty container to the side while giving his stomach a nice pat with a free hand. Eyes looking up, he caught his Lord listening to Pyu Pyu...hanging on her every word the more she went. The young man's hands were clenching at the table top. ~Oh boy, she pretty much said the magic phrase for Kai. If only Fei were around to help the man keep his wits about him.~ He chuckled to himself, tilting his head just enough to peek at Lady Pyu. ~You better just not be yankin his chain. If he ever finds out what you said were lies...~ Si knew Kai already had enough to deal with at the moment, but that wouldn't stop the town head from setting a new goal aside to deal with later.

"That is truely what her ideals are?" Kai asked eagerly, a bit of hope in his eyes. What luck would it be to have finally found a connection to someone else who hoped for the same in this world! Her smile was met with one plastered on Kai's face. "If I had such a chance, I would take it. I would be a complete fool not to."
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Oro
Team Pepsi

Post by Oro »

"Her ideals are as I have stated." Pyu Pyu looks outside at the darkening sky and removes herself from the chair she sat on. "I am afraid my time is up, the food has been paid for, please enjoy the rest." She bows to the two, turning towards the exit, not before looking back down towards Kai. "When you're ready to make a difference, come to Yan, Wen Luan will be awaiting you."

And with that, the girl with the strange sleeves left, grateful that she was able to meet such interesting people on this trip.

((Thanks!!))
The Theme of Wen Luan
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

Kai seemed a bit disappointed that the woman was leaving so quickly, showing on the mans face. "Ahh, well if you must go..." He said in a saddened tone, eyes following Lady Pyu as she rose to take her leave. "I'll...remember that though."

When it was certain she had exited the tavern, Si slid his seat around the table's edge to be directly across Kai Zoku. "Lord Kai, you arn't really thinking..." Kai dropped his eyes to the food that was still left over and paid for by the woman, a frown touching his lips. "I don't know Si. It is very tempting. However I DO have my own goals as well. After all, I too have struggled within Di and it's only an amount of time that the results of all the work I've done will show."

Si nodded, "Going to Yan to see this Lady Wen will make all that wasted effort. Perhaps you should ask Fei for her opinion." Kai reached up to run both pinkys through his hair. Yes. He would need to talk to his Goddess about this.

(( Not a problem :-D ))
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Jin Shi wrote:(OOC: No worries, it happens)

Ma Su had thought the man to be a politician because he was professionally dressed and didn't look at all strong in Su's opinion. He raised his brow in surprise as he heard Yu was supposed to be a commander. "Surely you jest my friend. I am a fighting man indeed, but you don't look like you fit the part." He sized the man up again. "An officer maybe, but no warrior." He said that with full confidence. Taking another drink, he continued on the subject of Jiaodong.

"Jiadong is an interesting province, I've heard some interesting things about the new magistrate, Shi Tong, all the way in Chu. Would you happen to know the man?" He had sent a letter before, and been ignored, which didn't start out his disposition towards the topic in a good position.
Yu wondered if the man was daft. He never said that he was a fighting man, "Is that the only role on a battlefield then? As a fighting man? Who's to lead these fighting men? I am a commander." He finished simply, raising his cup and drinking his wine, relishing the warmth traveling through his body.

Yu smiled slightly at the man's question, wondering if Yu knew of Lord Shi Tong, "In fact I do. I am the Chief Aide of his army, the administrator of his town Donghai and his most trusted officer." The last part was actually Yu's own addition, but he was sure that it was Shi Tong's opinion too! "Yes, he is quite an interesting one I'd say." Yu said with mirth. "You say you hail from Chu? Under the Hegemon's own dominion. I wonder if there are news from the province that you can interest me, something from the court would be nice, though I don't know how you'd learn that."