Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

User avatar
ann
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 9101
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:51 pm
Location: Leader of Team Coke!
Contact:

Tavern

Postby ann » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 am

You find yourself in a large dim room with rough earthen floors and low tables. The air is heavy with the smell of old food, weak wine, and unwashed bodies. A one-eyed child waits to serve you.

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis
Posts: 5489
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Tavern

Postby Xiang Zhuang » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Fang Ai took a seat in a booth, and after an awkward chat with the one-eyed kid, ordered some ale and a pheasant. The food came back suspiciously fast, but without any other recourse, he proceeded to consume his meal. He had things on his mind, but company would not be frowned upon.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06

User avatar
Doc Strange
Sergeant
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:31 pm
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: Tavern

Postby Doc Strange » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Fang Ai took a seat in a booth, and after an awkward chat with the one-eyed kid, ordered some ale and a pheasant. The food came back suspiciously fast, but without any other recourse, he proceeded to consume his meal. He had things on his mind, but company would not be frowned upon.


He entered the unfamiliar tavern, and led by the weirdest servant, a one-eyed kid, to an unoccupied seat in a booth, Liang Wei was alone, and so was the man behind him. He ordered rice, fish, and some wine. It was not a long wait for the fish, but the rice was, much to Liang Wei's dismay. After all the food was served, he ate slowly. He remembered when he used to eat with his father together in an army's tavern, that was a good time. He couldn't resist to talk to the other man behind him, for the man behind him, was alone too. Without turning his head, he said: "I hardly see a man inside a tavern alone, especially this one." he said that loud enough to be caught by Fang Ai's attention.
Liang Wei (40)
81-81-36-75-20
Delay II Raid II Sortie II Wall II
The Story

User avatar
Trendkill
Colonel
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Liang

Re: Tavern

Postby Trendkill » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Jian was not accustomed to taverns but decided to give it a try. He looked around the room after entering and notices the grim atmosphere and could only help but to smile. Wow, he thought to himself as he took a seat near the bar, this is how lonely people spend their days, eh? He turned to the server, prepared to make his order, and is startled by the one-eyed boy who stood before him. He shook his head slightly, obviously taken back by the sight, then immediately turned around after placing his order, eyes wide in shock.

Once his warmed wine was brought he made sure not to make eye contact with the boy and proceeded to take a large drink before returning his bowl to the table in front of him. He looked around again, this time taking in all the different faces locked in conversation with others, and inwardly relishes the new experience, despite how odd it may be.

Open RP

User avatar
VoShay
Marquis
Posts: 1606
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: LAO LIVES IN DEATH!
Contact:

Re: Tavern

Postby VoShay » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Trendkill wrote:Jian was not accustomed to taverns but decided to give it a try. He looked around the room after entering and notices the grim atmosphere and could only help but to smile. Wow, he thought to himself as he took a seat near the bar, this is how lonely people spend their days, eh? He turned to the server, prepared to make his order, and is startled by the one-eyed boy who stood before him. He shook his head slightly, obviously taken back by the sight, then immediately turned around after placing his order, eyes wide in shock.

Once his warmed wine was brought he made sure not to make eye contact with the boy and proceeded to take a large drink before returning his bowl to the table in front of him. He looked around again, this time taking in all the different faces locked in conversation with others, and inwardly relishes the new experience, despite how odd it may be.

Open RP



Guan Yin She entered the dusty old tavern. It was not a watering hole he frequented... but he had met many an interesting man here- and this was a time where interesting men were in short supply. He sat down at the only table with one patron he could see. He was an unassuming man in his late thirties, with a pleasant smile and the features of a nobleman. He seemed devoid of airs, however, and his sharp eyes twisted to and fro, taking in the atmosphere. "Dining alone tonight, friend? Oddly common in a tavern like this." He said with a grin, while signaling to the boy to bring a dinner and tea. "Magistrate Guan Yin She, of Wangyi in Qi. What brings you here?"
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis
Posts: 5489
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Tavern

Postby Xiang Zhuang » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Doc Strange wrote:He entered the unfamiliar tavern, and led by the weirdest servant, a one-eyed kid, to an unoccupied seat in a booth, Liang Wei was alone, and so was the man behind him. He ordered rice, fish, and some wine. It was not a long wait for the fish, but the rice was, much to Liang Wei's dismay. After all the food was served, he ate slowly. He remembered when he used to eat with his father together in an army's tavern, that was a good time. He couldn't resist to talk to the other man behind him, for the man behind him, was alone too. Without turning his head, he said: "I hardly see a man inside a tavern alone, especially this one." he said that loud enough to be caught by Fang Ai's attention.


Liang Wei's statement came mid-bite, and Fang Ai paused for a moment. After a breath, he continued to chew and swallowed. Without turning his head, he said, "I don't believe there is anybody with you, either." He reached for the ale, but first added, "You come here often?"
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06

User avatar
Doc Strange
Sergeant
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:31 pm
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: Tavern

Postby Doc Strange » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:54 pm

XZ

"No, first time" replied Liang Wei. It was his first time coming to a tavern with a one-eyed boy as a servant. "Used to go to some other tavern with my father and his colleagues, not anymore." He finished up his rice, and proceed to eat the fish. It was rather strange for a man to finish up the rice first, but not for him. "How about you? Ever been here before?"
Liang Wei (40)
81-81-36-75-20
Delay II Raid II Sortie II Wall II
The Story

User avatar
Trendkill
Colonel
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Liang

Re: Tavern

Postby Trendkill » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:57 pm

VoShay wrote:Guan Yin She entered the dusty old tavern. It was not a watering hole he frequented... but he had met many an interesting man here- and this was a time where interesting men were in short supply. He sat down at the only table with one patron he could see. He was an unassuming man in his late thirties, with a pleasant smile and the features of a nobleman. He seemed devoid of airs, however, and his sharp eyes twisted to and fro, taking in the atmosphere. "Dining alone tonight, friend? Oddly common in a tavern like this." He said with a grin, while signaling to the boy to bring a dinner and tea. "Magistrate Guan Yin She, of Wangyi in Qi. What brings you here?"


Jian looked startled at first that he was being spoken to, however, his expression quickly changed once he heard that the man was a magistrate. He finished the rather large gulp of wine he had been taking when he was addressed then wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his robe before saying with a quick bow, "Magistrate? I...I am Luo Jian, of Chu, and it is an honor to meet you." Once the initial shock had faded and his wits were once again about him, Jian smiles warmly before adding, "I am alone yes, for now, but I had hoped that my older brother Xiao would be joining me before too long. He's more of the stately type and had some affairs to attend to first."

He looked the man over quickly, not wanting to seem overly suspicious, but it did seem odd that a man of Guan Yin She's station would be at such an establishment. "Excuse me but, I did hear you say Magistrate, right? What might a man such as yourself be doing in a run down dive like this? If you don't mind me asking," he said, a slight look of embarrassment displaying on the young man's face. He had never been one to socialize with people of station, preferring instead to leave such matters to the far more qualified Xiao.

User avatar
VoShay
Marquis
Posts: 1606
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: LAO LIVES IN DEATH!
Contact:

Re: Tavern

Postby VoShay » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:16 pm

"Why is a man of your connections and talent in a place such as this, Luo Jian, of Chu? Certainly you must be of some means in the courts of Xiang Yang, if you brother had stately duties to attend to." He said with a wry smile. "I am here to.. fish. To become better known to all.. and to meet men who may one day change China. Liu Bang is no more a noble then I a woman.. and look at what he has wrought. Do not consider me a bogeyman, Luo Jian- I am simply a traveler like you, though I may be called something different when I return to my homeland." He took his tea and drank of it, his eye twitching only once. "A shame the tea they serve here is little more the plant water."
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."

User avatar
Trendkill
Colonel
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Liang

Re: Tavern

Postby Trendkill » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Man of my connections? Jian asked himself in amusement before replying, "No, no, I haven't any, but my brother does. When our father died fighting for Xiang Yu at Julu, Xiao inherited his estate. All I got was his rusty old spear." He looked to his side momentarily at the old weapon. He then looked back at Yin She, smiled, and began to ask, "Here to fish? But I don't see a...." As the words left his lips a coy grin formed on his young face, having finally understood what the Magistrate meant. He was an able soldier but had a problem with being a bit naive as well. He shook his head, placed his face in the palm of his hand and let out a chuckle. "Never mind, I get it. Your recruiting!"

For a second Jian's face glowed as his chest swelled with pride. Looking Yin She in the eyes he would go on to say, "well, my brother and I are supposed to go before Xiang Yu, most likely next month, so we can serve him in uniting the lands. We decided that we owed it to our departed father to continue his obligations to the King of Chu. I know Xiao will likely get some fancy title, and I'll end up as a lowly soldier, but either way we intend on making a name for ourselves someday."


Return to “General Roleplay”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests