Rage of youth

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rage of youth

Post by Phailak »

@LDW

It did not take long to reach the home, which also served as base of operations, of the Magistrate. It took even less time to be turned away, despite the visitor's scrary appearance.

"The Magistrate is away, on euh business and we do not know when he shall return."

The door was slammed in Rui's face, this sort of thing never happened to him so he was caught off guard.

No offer to see the Magistrate's surrogate while he was away? No mention of the recent AND still fresh raid? What the...

@Graven

The small house being used in this last minute change of plans was bustling with activity. Were these all volunteers? Some people stood outside trying to get a peek in, others spoke of being thrown out of their house by the heroes of Jingpo as if they were proud to give away their homes for the 'cause'.

No one questioned the Duke when he entered the home and he quickly found the boy surrounded by a mob of merchants, officials and what could only be described as petty nobles. Yet this small town had no way to house all these seemingly important people, there were too many of them so where did they come from? It was obvious the boy noticed Wu, yet he pretended not to and hid behind the many demands and requests being thrown about. Tong still had his cavalry attire on and he seemed the most interested in speaking with what Wu had to assume was the leader of the cavalry. The man was big, regal and imposed respect on those there. Despite Wu's station, he was being ignored promptly.

@Meia

There was simply no trace of the old man. He had never returned to their base of operations and the funds from Tong were all gone. Could he have stolen them and fled. When she was about to give up, she noticed a boy was following her and his skills were mediocre at best so she scolded herself for not noticing before, unless it had not been that long? She ambushed him on the next corner and his skinny hide was no match for her grip, yet his steeled gaze attempted to mask his fear at having been discovered.
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Seeing how the doors of the abode were closed before his face, the giant man was indeed taken with surprise. Yet it took him no longer than a few moments before the cauldron simmering inside of him started to spill over. The guards were obviously either smugly confident or oblivious to his heaving emotions because of their numbers, but numbers certainly did not matter to Xun JIang.

Xian Long Rui was already seething with rage at the boy's lack of acknowledgment and respect. What the guards did was more than enough to catapult him towards his breaking point. Taking his halberds from behind their sling on his back, he stormed back towards his waiting steed, then began roaring out vituperations against the man's cowardice, paying no heed to whoever was in audience. "Listen here, people of Jingpo! See how your leader mocks your trust by cowering behind closed doors? No doubt reveling in the company of his riches and women! At least that stupid boy in the square who thinks himself a hero is foolhardy enough to back his words with his antics! What's with this pathetic worm who calls himself a magistrate, locking himself away like a child hiding under his mother's skirt?! Is this the man you people would trust to lead you to safety when hostile armies come knocking on your door?!"

His words were so filled with fury that the volume surely would have been enough to rouse the attention of the others demanding for the magistrate's explanations. With his metallic, mounted figure painting an ominous portrait of doom for those who would dare meet him, Xun Jiang waited for the magistrate's reply.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The people's faces agreed, yet no one spoke and no reply came from the house. The four guards standing on duty cowered and said nothing. Long moments passed before a boy approached.

"Master Warrior, though you speak the truth, I can attest that the Magistrate is actually absent. I am an apprentice to the trader that has a stall there and I have not seen the Magistrate return from the last time he has departed a few days ago. Of course, at first I thought perhaps he did so when I was away, yet I have not seen him perform his daily routines since then..."
gravenimages
General
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17

Post by gravenimages »

Phailak wrote: @Graven

The small house being used in this last minute change of plans was bustling with activity. Were these all volunteers? Some people stood outside trying to get a peek in, others spoke of being thrown out of their house by the heroes of Jingpo as if they were proud to give away their homes for the 'cause'.

No one questioned the Duke when he entered the home and he quickly found the boy surrounded by a mob of merchants, officials and what could only be described as petty nobles. Yet this small town had no way to house all these seemingly important people, there were too many of them so where did they come from? It was obvious the boy noticed Wu, yet he pretended not to and hid behind the many demands and requests being thrown about. Tong still had his cavalry attire on and he seemed the most interested in speaking with what Wu had to assume was the leader of the cavalry. The man was big, regal and imposed respect on those there. Despite Wu's station, he was being ignored promptly.
Jobbed.

Hin Wu's sharp mind worked through the situation, even as the unfamiliar emotion of irritation encroached into his normally rational thought process. Coin that the young man's keeper had not known about must have been supplied on short notice by the group of well-wishers who now attended the boy. He did not know the local heraldry but was fairly certain the group represented the wealthy and influential of at least one nearby city. Either gaining the adulation of the townsfolk was the opening move in some larger game, or the town held some special military or financial advantage which was not readily apparent.

The disappearance of the money and the boy's keeper certainly were not coincidence, but were not necessarily related either. Yun had either been a tremendous thespian or a dupe... Not unlike Hin himself in this matter, he reflected. Either the man was in on it, or he had been 'dealt with' as any man of strategy would deal a resource whose usefulness had turned to liability. The money... Either hidden,, or sent as payment with the bandits who had been released with what could only be termed as planned alacrity.

So it seemed that the band of officers which had gathered on the hillside had been used... Their presence had both served to illustrate the town's inability to defend itself without the boy's provenance, and ensured that it's inept defenders would survive long enough to allow for a dramatic entrance and rescue by the cavalry. Wu cracked a rare, if twisted smile, and accorded the young man the ghost of a bow, respect between adversaries rather than subservience. A worthy game was afoot. The Duke unobtrusively exited the home, his mind awash with plans, ploys, tactics... Allies would be needed, and the town's Magistrate would be chiefest amongst them. Off he went to find the man...

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 69#p177169
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Wu arrived in time to find the huge warrior Jiang speaking with a boy, he did not arrive soon enough to hear the exchange, but he noted the mood of the town Champion as well as those around him. Both Wu and Jiang noticed however the shadow peeking in the street from the second floor...
gravenimages
General
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17

Post by gravenimages »

Phailak wrote:Wu arrived in time to find the huge warrior Jiang speaking with a boy, he did not arrive soon enough to hear the exchange, but he noted the mood of the town Champion as well as those around him. Both Wu and Jiang noticed however the shadow peeking in the street from the second floor...
Strangely enough, Wu was in a mood that could almost be described as cheerful. He looks from the boy, to Jiang and back before commenting 'I must confess that I expected the Magistrate to be a bit older... But I imagine that this serves to explain a few things.'

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 69#p177169
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The boy remained silent to the newcomer before it seemed to dawn on him.

"That's my point, the magistrate is NOT here!"

His confused looked intensified when he realized he likely misunderstood Wu's meaning and remained silent to see what the Warrior would say
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Xun Jiang chuckled dryly at the boy's reaction, knowing that he truly must have misunderstood the meaning of the Duke's words. His mood had somewhat lightened, having been impressed by the boy's courage in approaching him while the adults around them showed nothing but spinelessness. He was about to ask the boy more about his revelation when the shadow caught his attention.

"Oy! You there!"
he shouted at the person hiding behind the walls. It was indeed very suspicious. "Why are you hiding? Get down here and answer my inquiries!"

Formerly:

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The shadow quickly melted away, it was very small, perhaps that of a woman or child. Yet nothing happened. The boy shrugged.

"Perhaps the Magistrate sick son, he never leaves the house, he is like a ghost..."
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The big Ogre started to tone down his voice, reverting from cruel and despising to merely gruff. The boy was trying to be helpful, and he was indeed doing him and Hin Wu a great service. Turning to the Duke, he crossed his arms together in wonder. "I don't suppose you've heard of the diatribes which I have hurled against the boy's father, no? Perhaps it would be good if you can talk to the boy. I would imagine myself to be quite... Unsuited to the task."

He sheathed thedouble halberds behind him to portray a less dangerous figure, though he still posed a grave figure. Looking down at the boy, five feet below his mounted figure, he smiled grimly. "Boy, perhaps you can follow this... Grandpa, and guide his inquiries."

Formerly: