Meng Tian's Legacy

Moderator: Game Masters

Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Meng Tian's Legacy

Post by Cao Chao »

Meng Tian's Legacy

Meng Tian was said to be one of Qin's greatest generals, ranking only behind Bai Qi and Wang Jian in fame and skill. During the reign of the First Emperor, Meng Tian had played a major role in helping Qin conquer and annex the states of Chu and Qi. When the Qin Dynasty was established, the famed general went north to drive the Rong, Di, and Xiongnu from the northern frontier with 300,000 men. Successfully doing so, Meng Tian settled down to garrison the long frontier, beginning construction on a line of fortifications that would one day become the Great Wall. When Prince Fusu was exiled to work at the northern border for disputing his father's policies, Meng Tian was ordered to assist and tutor the prince.

After the First Emperor died, the machinations of Li Si and Zhao Gao arrested Meng Tian and forced him to commit suicide by taking poison. It is said that before he died, he had his legacy smuggled from his prison cell and hidden in the northern wastelands. Some say the legacy is a military manual. Others say it is a weapon. Still others say it was the armor that he wore. Or perhaps something else entirely . . . Alas, with the passage of time, the location of his legacy has been lost with many areas of the northern frontier now controlled by nomadic barbarian tribes.

As summer began to wane into the fall, rumors were spread throughout the Middle Kingdom that an elderly man had appeared in the northern town of Baideng claiming to know the location of Meng Tian's legacy.

Quest Type: Battle and RP
Total Players: Six (four melee, two support) - no followers, no PAs
Quest Rewards: Medium to High
Quest Danger Level: Medium to High
Quest Application Format:
Name:
Stats:
Skills:
Items:

RP arrival:
DEADLINE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23 at 10PM EST
Rue Goung
General

Re: Meng Tian's Legacy

Post by Rue Goung »

Name:Rou Jang
Stats:Age: (25) 70-80*-30-70-70
Skills:Charge II,Delay II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Military Administrator II
Items:Plumed Helmet (+2 Might)
Rou Family armor (+3 might)

RP arrival: hearing that the legacy of the great military mind, Meng Tian had been found. Jang found it time embark on the journey to seek out this old man and hopefully help discover the lost legacy of the man the whole country once thought of as the best general of all time.
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Name: Xian Long Rui
Stats: 60-115*-32-71-53
Skills: Challenge II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Jianshu, Qiangshu, Yueshu III
Items: Twilight Mourning (+7 Might Halberd), Armor of the Catalyst (+6 Might Armor), Black Ogre's Supreme Dragon Head (+7 Might Helmet), Blades of Exile (Throwing Knives), Demon Charger (+2 Attack, +2 Defense Horse)
The Shadows [暗兵] - Secrets of the dead

Just as the Black Ogre was making trails in Ma Dieu's blitzkrieg conquest of the south, another sort of adventure came in the form of a rumor.

Word has it that there was an old man in Baideng who knew of something that many men would kill to know. He seemed to be a relic, a repository of knowledge about a fabled general from a recently departed age, of a story of blood and betrayal, and a priceless treasure which no one could pinpoint as to what or where it is. History has always gone hand in hand with danger, and danger meant feats of daring and courage. He could have visited the old man even if he had simply been a historian who loved to tell stories about past ages, but the prospect of treasure truly did him in.

Who has not heard of Meng Tian, the man who had started the piecemeal formation of the greatest military structure on earth? Who has not heard of how he was betrayed -despite his numerous accolades and years of great service- and how his family was slaughtered? And who would not dare the dangers to retrieve his legacy from the oblivion of forgetfulness? The old man of Baideng would most probably die very soon -barring that he was some immortal mystic from heaven- and if he did know of all that was claimed to be known, his knowledge cannot be allowed to go to waste.

It was another sidestep adventure for the glory-seeking Xun Jiang, one which he hoped would yield more promise than the other rumors down south which he had tried to take advantage of. Once he had arrived, he entered the town of Baideng with a docile blade and inquired as to the location of the rumored old man.
Last edited by Li Dao Wen on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Lin Yue, 25, Female
102*-87*-30-92-18
Aid II, Charge II, Discipline II, Military Administrator II, Sortie I, Wall II
Items: Book of Maneuvers (Com +2), Ed (Horse +5 Speed), Book of Awsomeness (Com +8), Billhook (Might +4), Helm (Might +4)

RP: Lin Yue, bored of the many non-battles in the south, decided to again seek out rumors, much like she did twice before in Bashang and Baideng. This time she heard of the legacy of Meng Tian, and decided it was worthy to seek out. Again she returned to Baideng, this time for what remains of Meng Tian. She hoped that no one remembered her from the debacle last time she was here.
Last edited by Royalspork on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe
Officer

Post by Joe »

Ning Chu, 18, Male
88-80-34-62-23
Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Sortie II, Smith III, Wall II
Items: N/A

RP: Ning Chu ventured out of Zhao for only the second time in his still young life, last time he was trying to answer a call about some town that had been taken over by bandits. Now he was following a myth and a legend about an old famed Qin general. So he found himself following rumors back to Baideng, hoping his encounters would be about as intresting as they were last time he was there.
Ning Chu of Zhao
90-85*-48-62-25
Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Sortie II, Smith III, Wall II

Followers:
Cui Chu
Je Zhuo
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Name: Yang Yu
Stats: 93*-23-82-80-51
Skills: Aid II Civil Administrator I Cover II Discipline II Military Administrator II Volley II Poison I
Items: Glory (+5 Speed); Book of Maneuvers (Com +2)

RP arrival:
Meng Tian... The name was a familiar one to Yang Yu, a name that is known throughout the land and history as one of the greatest general that has ever lived. In a sense, what Meng Tian had achieved is the same that Yang Yu is now working so hard to reach, and to pass even his fame and glory. One would question why Yang Yu's obsession in spreading his name, marking his deeds in history was so passionate. It was because he wanted to leave a legacy, a way for him to live on even as his body rots in the ground.

Now, someone is claiming that they know the location of Meng Tian's legacy. Yang Yu was spurred by the curiosity and desire to know, what had the great general Meng Tian decide to leave on the land, even as he passed away? Somehow, he felt that if he knew the answer to that, his quest for fame, for glory, will have advanced one step closer.
Last edited by Chou Yu on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jun Shan
Ensign

Post by Jun Shan »

Name: Jun Shan
Stats: 63-81-44-63-71
Skills: Charge II, Faze II, Inspire II, Wall II, Yueshu II
Items: Jun Family Halberd(+2 Might),Axe(+1 Might), Dapple Horse(+1 Attack)

RP arrival: It was hard to be a man of any military history and not know the stories of Meng Tian. For Jun Shan it was growing up with his father in the army hearing the heroic tales of Tian and his near flawless victories in Chu, and his home province of Qi. After many months of preying on villagers and inaction it took little time for decide this rumor was worth chasing. Leaving his army in Changshan to his second in command he mounted his horse and departed for Baideng.
Areanna
Not-so-new recruit

Post by Areanna »

Name: Zhou Xiaoli
Command: 42
Might: 22
Intellect: 93
Judgement: 80
Charm: 50
Skills: Jeer II, Confuse II, Entangle II, Decoy II, Scribe III, Doctor
Items: None

Xiaoli arrived at Baideng with little more than herself and some provisions for the trip as well as the possible stay to fulfill the mission. She wanted battle, maybe some gold, and some glory to go with it. Her husband would be proud of her for this, the thought bringing a smile to her face. She tried to keep her thoughts on the mission, wondering where she may find the man claiming to know of Meng Tian's legacy. She asked around and when told went there straightaway, sure she'd be able to help in the support layer of any battle.
Name: Zhou Xiaoli
Stats: 42 - 22 - 96 - 80 - 50
Skills: Jeer II, Confuse II, Cover I, Entangle II, Decoy II, Scribe III
Teng Lou(24) 58-73-55-33-52 Saboteur II, Entrench I, Jeer I, Trainer I, Cover I, Smith I, Yueshu I
Start Location: Jiujiang
Wen Xu
Sergeant

Post by Wen Xu »

Name: Wen Xu
Stats: 76-84*-38-54-40
Skills: Challenge I, Charge II, Diplomat I, Faze I, Instructor II, Politician I, Qiangshu I, Raid I
Items: Spear (Mgt+2), Horse (Spd+1)

RP: With fall setting in, Wen Xu decided to take the journey north to learn about this rumor of a man knowing the location of Meng Tian's legacy. Even though the man was considered an enemy of Chu, he was a man of great worth. Anything he had to pass down was something worth searching for.

So as the weather began to change the warrior-leader Wen Xu was seen riding into Baideng.
Wen Xu(39) ~ Bio
76-84*-38-54-40
Skills: Challenge I, Charge II, Diplomat I, Faze I, Instructor II, Politician I, Qiangshu I, Raid I
Items: Spear (Melee, Mgt+2), Horse (Spd+1)
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Name: Yue Shang
Stats: 67-108-25-70-53
Skills: Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Charge, Delay, Challenge*
Items: Spear of Fuchai (+3 Might, Challenge*) Armor (+7 Might), Helmet (+7 Might), Throwing Knives, Text of the Two Worlds (+1 Intelligence, +1 Charisma), Horse (+1 Speed)

RP: Having heard the rumors that swept across the land of Meng Tian's legacy supposedly having been found, Yue Shang set off off for Baideng to see if he might be the one lucky enough to find it.
Last edited by Spike on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yue Shang (23) 69-108*-25*-73-56*
Skills: Jianshu II, Gongshu II, Qiangshu II, Charge, Delay, Challenge*
Items Equipped: Spear of Fuchai (+3 Might, Challenge*), Helmet (+7 Might), Armor (+7 Might), Text of the Two Worlds (+1 Int, +1 Charisma), Sapphire Pendant (+3 Charisma), Throwing Knives, Horse (+1 Speed)