The Great Boat Robbery

Moderator: Game Masters

flare_knight1
Officer

Re: The Great Boat Robbery

Post by flare_knight1 »

With a nod, Gongzhou grabbed her hook and threw it onto the boat, to latch onto the side and climb upwards, before rushing straight to the enemy, aiming for the men closest, but attempting to cut a swath through them to any man who had pulled out a bow, so that she could prevent the arrows from striking. If her rope failed to connect or was cut, she would simply climb up the rope of one who had already gone over.

Name: Niu Gongzhu
Stats: 80-102-36-53-40
Skills: Instructor II, Maraud II, Pierce II, Qiangshu II
Items: Spear(+4 Might), Armor (+2 Might), Horse (+1 Defense, +1 Speed)
Niu Gongzhu, 16, Wife of Baihu, 80-95-36-47-40| Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II

Follower: Da Gan(44) 59-55-54-59-66 Yueshu II, Envelop I, Qiangshu I, Jeer I, Faze I, Dash I, Saboteur I
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

this is rediculous. we need a 48 hr or 72 hr cuttoff or something. a week is too much for a 2 sentence post.
Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

While I disagree with your boldness in posting this publicly, I can understand and agree with your frustration. It is getting pathetic when we have to wait a week or possibly two for four people to post in this thread. With the next update, a new rule will be enforced. You have 72 hours to post from the time of the next update or you will be removed from the quest.

I have given warnings in the past and, regretfully, I must finally act. Expect a update tomorrow night. Tonight I am busy with my own plans and other staff work.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

i would like to apologize to you. it may not have been my place. but at this point, it needed to be said. i will withold any further comments and deffer to you and anything you would like to implement.
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

OOC Note: This is a reminder. You have 72 hours or you will be removed from the quest. There is no exceptions.

Even as the first of the pirates began to board that ship and meet the staunch resistance upon the deck, those officers acted. Throwing up their own hooks, the three men could only watch as their bronze spikes flew upwards. For all three of them, their hook caught and their line brought taught. It was up to their own mettle and their sheer luck to now climb aboard. Tightening their holds upon the line, Sho Tao, Lei Anshui, and Niu Gongzhu began their ascent. With their feet against the side of barge, they found themselves with a bit of friction to help their ascent. It was a tiring yet quick ordeal, dangerous to only those of weak will and those of poor luck. Yet, Lei Anshui found herself with the poorest of luck. Even as she drew near the top of the barge, she saw one of the guard's soldiers with his dagger in hand. She saw as he stabbed at her line and severed her hold, leaving her to plummet downwards and towards the ship below. Try as she might to grab at another rope, she only succeeded in slowing her fall and tearing the very flesh from her hands before she struck the boat. Failing to roll through and carry out the force, Lei Anshui landed upon her shoulder. Yet, even as she hit the deck, pain was left to lance through her body. With a cry and whimper of pain, she could only ease herself to safety as men scurried about her and threw their own lines or took a hold of those in place. With a glance at her shoulder, she knew almost immediately her arm was dislocated. Lei Anshui has gained a Major Injury

Yet, Sho Tao and Niu Gongzhu found themselves with far greater luck. Mounting the lip of the barge, they found themselves upon the boat itself and in the middle of a fray. Yet, scurrying over the edge, they set their feet upon the dock and drew their weapon. In moments, both Sho Tao and Niu Gongzhu found themselves engaged by the milling mass of soldiers. Mercenaries from the barge had split their attention. The vast majority had grabbed up bow and dagger to rush to the edges of the ship and fire upon the approaching ships while others, armed with leather hide shields and daos, rushed those who boarded. It was by these swordsmen both Sho Tao and Niu Gongzhu found themselves engaged.

With her lips set into a scowl, Niu Gongzhu roared as she set her spear and pressed out against the enemy. Whisking both blade and butt, Niu Gongzhu pressed back the horde. In a matter of moments, the fierce warrior Gongzhu had begun to press the enemy. Through both her skill and raw talent, she had pressed the enemy back and given her just the right amount of room to maneuver. Leaping away from the heart of the fray, she eased towards the outskirts of that brawl. Yet, she was forced to ease her way out. It slowed her down and caused more than a few nicks to her frame yet nothing dangerous to her health. Finally, Niu Gongzhu found herself free. The enemy archers was in easy range if she wanted to still pursue them and abandon the landing zone where her allies struggled.

However, even as Niu Gongzhu shifted away from the fray, Sho Tao forced his way into the heart of it. With his armored soldiers and his own axe carving the way, Sho Tao pushed at the enemy's swordsmen and claimed more than a few lives as he gained his initial few feet. Yet, falling back as his men came into position, Sho Tao could only watch as with deadly precision his soldiers dove into the fray. With their armor to protect them and their halberds in hand, Sho Tao had created enough room for some of his companions to climb from the ship and board without fear.
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
flare_knight1
Officer

Post by flare_knight1 »

having pushed herself through the fray faster then she imagined she would, Niu refocused on her targets, the ones with the bows and arrows. Even if they were in a brawl, a single arrow could kill an unwary warrior, and they were easier to take out while near, and as such, she continued her plan to attempt to kill the archers. She made herself a target by singling herself out of the group, but also knew that if she could take down some before they could draw their blades, she could prevent potshots into the group as a whole.

Name: Niu Gongzhu
Stats: 80-102-36-53-40
Skills: Instructor II, Maraud II, Pierce II, Qiangshu II
Items: Spear(+4 Might), Armor (+2 Might), Horse (+1 Defense, +1 Speed)
Niu Gongzhu, 16, Wife of Baihu, 80-95-36-47-40| Qiangshu II,Maraud II, Pierce II,Instructor II

Follower: Da Gan(44) 59-55-54-59-66 Yueshu II, Envelop I, Qiangshu I, Jeer I, Faze I, Dash I, Saboteur I
scorpion
Captain

Post by scorpion »

Tao, having cleared some room for rest of the pirates to board, set into making commands. He signaled for the nearest pirate and instructed him to signal the others that the climb is safe.

"Secure the deck! Get to the helm and get into defensive positions. Anyone with a bow, take care of the archers."

He signaled for another pirate to see to Lei Anshui.

"Have her brought on deck. She is in need of attention and we need her bow arm."

Tao then returns to his elite guard in the brink of the fray, trying to push the remaining sailors back and gain the upper hand in securing the planks connecting the ships. If/when Lei Anshui is upon the deck. Tao will attempt to aid her by putting her shoulder back into place.

If he succeeds:
"We've got work to do. Stay back and take care of the archers. I don't know how well these pirates can handle a bow, but I don't need an arrow in me while im taking the decks. Got it?"

If she never makes it on deck (within this turn), he will have to trust in Niu Gongzhu's and the pirates skill with bows to take care of the remaining archers in range.

"Push men! Control the connecting planks and cut off their reinforcements!"

Stats: 69-112-28-44-57
Items: Horse - (+5 speed horse), Head - (+7 mig Helm), Body - (+7 mig Armor), Weapon - (+5 mig ax)
Soldiers: 10 (83) Bronze armor and Halberds
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

"Ha look like you ladies need help!" the large brute roared as he charged straight into the fray with his halberd in a position in his arms to be able to stretch out and pierce into the first enemy that arrived before him. If he was able to take out a few enemies and make an opening he would try to sneak up on the preoccupied archers and try his hardest by swinging his halberd with great force accompanied by a few piercing motions he would try and murder as many of the archers as he could before they turned their attention on him which he would then move as swift as possible back to his comrades Niu and Sho and move into a position where they have become between him and the archers and enemies while he used them as somewhat of a shield he would try again to fight off the enemies near him and his comrades. "RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" He screamed with great hatred as he fought.

Name: Alexandrus Brutus Publius
Stats: 81-94-44-59-38
Skills: Faze, Qianshu 2, Maraud 2, Pierce 2, Instructor 2
Items: +4 might halberd, +3 might armor, +1 speed horse, +2 com book, +2 jud book
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

Edit: stupid internet made me double post. you can delete this
Last edited by alexoren on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Anshui clutched her arm and allowed herself to be helped up, if there was anyone available to do so for her. Failing that, she knew she'd have to force her shoulder joint back into place, a painful procedure, but enough to allow her to move once again. The young barbarian gritted her teeth, and whether she had to do it herself or the others helped her with the process, it was all she could do not to cry out shamefully in more pain. Her archery wouldn't be as good, unfortunately, but, she figured she could manage to get back up there by herself, if she had to, as long as they kept the ropes protected.

Once she finally managed to get up on deck, she tested her arm a bit, then finally started letting shots go at the enemy archers with her own lengthy bow.

Name: Lei Anshui
Stats: 53-102*-34-74-78
Injured Stats: 48-94*-31-67-70 (Major Injury)
Skills: Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Items: Horsie (Spd +1), Tribal Headdress (Mgt +7), Battle Harness (Mgt +7), Guan Dao (Halberd, Mgt 2), Composite Bow (Ranged)
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II