The Scholar of Qufu

Moderator: Game Masters

Brother Dun
Marquis

Re: The Scholar of Qufu

Post by Brother Dun »

Big Grizzy wrote: Jin Sui shrugged and followed the man. "You are looking for stories, Sir? My goals are my own, but I could share my story, if you wish."
Noticing that Jin Sui had followed him, the scholar of Zhongxin Zhishi smiled, "Ah, of course... It would be remiss of me to speak of goals at this early stage. But please, Jin Sui, is it? Please, tell me of your story good sir..."

Pausing a moment, going through a catalog in his mind, the scholar smiled, "Ah, of course... Jin Sui, I do believe I wrote you a letter once before. You have acted quite respectably so far in this competition, please... Sit, and let us talk."
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Three Results:
1) Zu Yanghei [Brother Dun]
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng] Strikes: 1
3) Shi Tong [Shi Tong] Strikes: 2
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87]
7) Biao Fu [Chrs] Strikes: 1
8) Gao Mei Ling [Jin Mei] Strikes: 2
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen]
10) Jin Sui [Big Grizzly]
11) Liao Zun [Jablis] Strikes: 1
12) Puyang Shuang [Unchained Phoenix] Strikes: 2

With a grin upon his face, that mysterious scholar came before his gathered contestants. One by one calling them up, he examined their ropes.

Zetie Pi's attempts to free the rope by melting the wax and allowing it to drip off had made quite a mess. Yet, by melting the wax and loosening it, it had stayed in one piece and the fabric been teased free.

Similarly, Zu Yanghei's attempts to warm the wax and slide the silk free had proved more than successful.

However, Liao Zun had taken quite a brutish approach. He had simply cut the end opposite the wax. After presenting his attempt, the mysterious scholar could only scowl before that face twisted into a smile. "Good! Sometimes the answer is quite simple, overly simple. It is good to see you realized that."

A method Biao Fu, Guan Yin She, Gao Mei Ling, and everyone else tried as well!

"Ah, it is so good to see your wit has not been muddled over the years. Only a few of you got it wrong. I'm rather proud to see this fact. You must remember, the answer is sometimes simpler than it seems. However, I tire. Do sleep well."

Day Four:

Upon the fourth day, the man returned again. Within his hands laid a axe and with a slight grin, he gazed upon his students. "Today, I pose a riddle. Please listen carefully." he began before clearing his throat.

"A old monk is traveling our land in the hopes of bettering himself by traveling to the most sacred sites of our faith. In his travels, the old man came across a bridge guarded by a single man. The man was a giant and seemed rough in nature, a man covered in scars who openly wielded a bloody axe. Upon his approach, the giant halted the old monk and posed him with a problem. Either the old monk could pay twenty five gold or answer a riddle to pass his bridge. Yet, the bandit warned the old man if he failed to guess the riddle correctly, he would be killed. However, the old man had no earthly desires and told the bandit this. The monk then claimed he would answer the riddle."

"The giant told the monk he must state something. However, if the bandit believed the fact was correct, the bandit would chop his head off. Likewise, if the bandit believed the fact was false, the bandit would drown him in the river. The giant expected the old man would pull out some hidden money. However, the monk answered the riddle. A few minutes later, the giant was left scratching his head and the monk had crossed the bridge. What did the monk state?"

"Well, I hope you can settle on your answer. I will return after dinner. Oh, and the monk must state something. He can not simply walk off." the scholar announced before shambling away, laughing as he did.

Twenty Four Hours to Answer:
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Jin Sui bowed his head in acknowledgment of the compliment and took the proffered seat. "Indeed, I am a man of some wit, but precious little actual knowledge. I fear I am not long for this competition, as the last question was at the very furthest region of my intellect. I have been very busy in Linjiang, and had not taken the time to leave the province until now. I apologize for the lack of a reply. That is neither here nor there as it relates to my story."

"My story is a relatively simple one by itself, but if the context of those around me is added to it, then it becomes quite an impressive one. My father was a conscripted soldier from Linjiang sent by then King of Qin Ying Zheng with a small army to subdue the barbarians in the far southwest. I believe the soon to be emperor feared leaving his rear exposed while he went to build his empire. During the campaign, my father rose a few ranks, until he was given command of the archers. Unfortunately, the campaign was quite futile, as the peoples of the deep southern jungles were too sparse and wild to have a government to conquer, and taking villages of twenty to thirty people did not really advance the cause. Colonization would probably have been more effective. After one engagement in which they were forced to slaughter a fair sized village after they met unexpected resistance, my father found a young boy of two years lying severely wounded in a field. The boy had taken a devastating looking wound across the face, neck and shoulder, yet by some miracle still lived. My father felt great compassion for the boy, and, having no children of his own at the time, decided to bring him along. He named him Du Si, The Capital Miracle, since it was believed at the time that the village they destroyed was the capital of the barbarians."

"Shortly thereafter the army returned to Qin. My mother accepted the child and loved him as her own, but soon conceived me. After my birth, my mother began to change her opinion of Du Si and began to treat him more as a servant. By the time I came of age, the relationship between him and myself had become that of master and manservant. He is my bodyguard, confidant and best friend. He grew tall and strong, but never gained a voice. He now writes all his words in chalk."

"My father gained a measure of success as a public official, and felt he could help in the uprisings that took place after the death of the First Emperor. Du Si and I were placed in the care of a friend of his by the name of Gong Sheng. My father then went off and got himself killed whilst serving in the army of Zhang Han. My mother, in her grief, committed suicide. My guardian, brother and I have been working to restore order in Linjiang since then."
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Four Results:
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng] Strikes: 1
3) Shi Tong [Shi Tong] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87] Strikes: 1
7) Biao Fu [Chrs] Strikes: 1
8) Gao Mei Ling [Jin Mei] Strikes: 2
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen] Strikes: 1
10) Jin Sui [Big Grizzly] Strikes: 1
11) Liao Zun [Jablis] Strikes: 2
12) Puyang Shuang [Unchained Phoenix] Strikes: 2

Later that night, the scholar returned as he promised. Within his hands was once more that hatchet, a weapon he easily handled as he entered the room and called them forth one by one. "Just whatever do you tell this old bandit?" he questioned.

Gao Mei Ling was the first up and she quickly stated that the bandit would simply drown her. It was something that brought a grin to his lips and made him scratch his head before motioning for the next.

It was a statement quickly rephrased by Biao Fu. A statement that once more got him to scratch his head.

Yet, as Liao Zun moved forward and claimed he would not die, the scholar scowled and bonked him on the forehead with the flat edge of that axe. "Nope, you're dead."

Jin Sui was nervous to step forward and he gave his length speech before finally claiming all generalizations are false. For a moment, it seemed as the man would simply scratch his head before bonking him on the head.

Bold as ever, Puyang Shang strode forth and claimed his sentence false. "But, how can I be sure if it is true or a lie? Alas!" he exclaimed before scratching his head.

Guan Yin She proudly stepped forward and claimed he would drown. A statement that left the scholar to scratch his head.

The knowledge thief was soon up, claiming he never spoke a truth. Frowning, the scholar stood there and seemingly stomached the answer for a moment. "Not exactly what I wished for, but, passing."

Quickly, Shen Feng answered and told the scholar that he was not telling the truth. It left the scholar to give a small smile before nodding to him.

Day Five:

The next day, the scholar was once more within that grand chamber. His frame settled upon a cushion while before him laid a small rug. Upon the rug laid multiple objects. A spear, a double edged straight sword, a curving single edged sword, a staff, and a quill and ink pen. As his students gathered into the room, the scholar could only sigh. "Oh, it is ever so good to see you all! I could use your aid." the old man tutted. "Tomorrow, I plan on going out on a hunt with some friends. There is a general, a gentleman scholar, a king, and his grandfather. I'm simply baffled on what to give each man.. and what am I to take?" he tutted.

Twenty Four Hours to post
Starring As:
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Big Grizzy wrote:Jin Sui bowed his head in acknowledgment of the compliment and took the proffered seat. "Indeed, I am a man of some wit, but precious little actual knowledge. I fear I am not long for this competition, as the last question was at the very furthest region of my intellect. I have been very busy in Linjiang, and had not taken the time to leave the province until now. I apologize for the lack of a reply. That is neither here nor there as it relates to my story."

"My story is a relatively simple one by itself, but if the context of those around me is added to it, then it becomes quite an impressive one. My father was a conscripted soldier from Linjiang sent by then King of Qin Ying Zheng with a small army to subdue the barbarians in the far southwest. I believe the soon to be emperor feared leaving his rear exposed while he went to build his empire. During the campaign, my father rose a few ranks, until he was given command of the archers. Unfortunately, the campaign was quite futile, as the peoples of the deep southern jungles were too sparse and wild to have a government to conquer, and taking villages of twenty to thirty people did not really advance the cause. Colonization would probably have been more effective. After one engagement in which they were forced to slaughter a fair sized village after they met unexpected resistance, my father found a young boy of two years lying severely wounded in a field. The boy had taken a devastating looking wound across the face, neck and shoulder, yet by some miracle still lived. My father felt great compassion for the boy, and, having no children of his own at the time, decided to bring him along. He named him Du Si, The Capital Miracle, since it was believed at the time that the village they destroyed was the capital of the barbarians."

"Shortly thereafter the army returned to Qin. My mother accepted the child and loved him as her own, but soon conceived me. After my birth, my mother began to change her opinion of Du Si and began to treat him more as a servant. By the time I came of age, the relationship between him and myself had become that of master and manservant. He is my bodyguard, confidant and best friend. He grew tall and strong, but never gained a voice. He now writes all his words in chalk."

"My father gained a measure of success as a public official, and felt he could help in the uprisings that took place after the death of the First Emperor. Du Si and I were placed in the care of a friend of his by the name of Gong Sheng. My father then went off and got himself killed whilst serving in the army of Zhang Han. My mother, in her grief, committed suicide. My guardian, brother and I have been working to restore order in Linjiang since then."
The scholar of Zhongxin Zhishi nodded his head and listened intently as Jin Sui spoke, finding the story of the man to be quite interesting. His story was not that far off from his own, except for a few... Minor details. When Jin Sui finally finished, the scholar gave him a slight smile, "Indeed, it would seem that your father's life was tragically cut short by that monster Xiang Yu, much like the lives of most of my family. You see Jin Sui, I originally hailed from Xianyang, and served as a clerk in the Qin government in that city. When the Qin fell, I fled, but my family remained behind, too stubborn to leave. They had no fears at all of Liu Bang or Xiang Yu. Unfortunately, that sense of invulnerability was unfounded, and they perished when Xiang Yu put the city to the torch. I too, have been attempting to rebuild my home since then, working hard to undo the wrongs wrought by the tyrant of Chu. I have been quite busy in Sai. I would still like for you to come and visit me there, perhaps you would be interested in seeing some of my works? I have created a grand library in the village I now govern, many works that I salvaged from the city of Xianyang, both before and after the burning. If you wish to broaden your understanding of the world, it would be a good place to go... And perhaps we could converse with one another in a more... Relaxed setting, not one of competition."
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Five Results:
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng] Strikes: 2
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87] Strikes: 2
7) Biao Fu [Chrs] Strikes: 2
8) Gao Mei Ling [Jin Mei] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen] Strikes: 2
10) Jin Sui [Big Grizzly] Strikes: 2
11) Liao Zun [Jablis] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED
12) Puyang Shuang [Unchained Phoenix] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED

The scholar frowned as he listened to the group's answers and slowly did he come to shake his head. Pointing at Gao Mei Ling, Liao Zun, and Puyang Shuang, the elderly scholar demanded them to leave and that they was removed from his competition. That such uneducated men was undeserving of such grand treasure. Yet, once they had retreated, the man sighed and glanced upon Zu Yanghei and Guan Yin She. Motioning for them to draw near, he gave each man a low bow. "So far you have done truly well. I congratulate the both of you. I warn those of you whom remain to better consider your answers." the man commented.

"However, it is clear many of you know little of battle. A true scholar must be a man of both the world and of the book. To dedicate yourself to one and only one is to set your own downfall. A man must learn to live within the world around him, and within this world there is war. Each of these weapons are known by the generals and soldiers of this land. The staff (Gun) is known as the "Grandfather of all Weapons." The spear (Qiang) is known as the "King of all Weapons." The curving sword (Dao) is known as the "General of all Weapons." The straight sword (Jian) is known as the "Gentleman of all Weapons."

"By elimination, you can as well tell I take the quill and ink to record their triumph. I will see you tomorrow." the man announced before leaving, utterly unhappy with what had happened.

Day Six:
Rather than arriving in person, the scholar of Qufu sent a young boy in his place. The young boy carried a small cart, within the cart two stacks of scrolls. With a smile upon his face, and a coin within his pocket, the young boy gave those contestants a smile. "The scholar asks for you to answer the riddle within each of these scrolls. To name what each speaks about!" the boy excitedly commented before giving one of each scroll to the contestants.

The first scroll read
I am known by both masculine and feminine names.
I wither without the rains and flow from man's prayers and enter man's hearts.
I am both a blessing and a curse within the eyes of the people.
I maim those who would alter my flow.
I maim those who would ignore my flow.
Who am I?
The second scroll read.
I am known by feminine name.
I flare and dance within the blow of the wind.
I die with water's sweet kiss.
I strengthen those who stand beside me.
I wither those who stand without me.
I may be feminine, but, I am not woman.
Instead, I hold the key to both life and death.
Who am I?
Answers due within 24 hours
Starring As:
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Six Results:
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]
7) Biao Fu [Chrs] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED

Perhaps ten minutes after the boy had arrived with those letters, the scholar had moved into the room. A wry grin laid upon his features as his hand remained upon the hilt of his jian. With his dark eyes settled upon Shen Feng, he motioned for him to recite his answer.

Shen Feng quickly claimed the first referred to water, possibly a river, while the second referred to fire. A answer boldly repeated by Zetie Pi, Guan Sho, Jin Sui, Guan Yin She, and then Zu Yanghei.
Yet, Biao Fu ignored the previous answers and proudly proclaimed the first riddle to refer to time and second riddle referred to fire.

With a frown, the old man cleared his throat. "Most of you have guessed truly upon this day. But, you," he commented before pointing at Biao Fu, "must leave us upon this day. The riddle referred to the river and fire."

Day Seven:

Upon the seventh day, the old man returned and with a smile he settled down before his students. "I am proud to see all you once more. All of you have done well and all of you have proved yourselves worthy. Yet, there is still so much to do." he commented before sighing. "Oh well, I'll simply see how many of you remain after this next riddle. If enough remains, I do have such a fun idea."

""They call me the Leather Apron. They call me the Smiling Blade. The people prayed to the Heavens above, that I would never come back. Can you hear how the children weep at my name? Can you hear how the foolish cheer at my name? Can you feel the chill of my terror? Can you feel the flames of my rage? Have you heard the wails of those left behind? Have you hard the wails of those involved? I bring terror to all the world while my puppets dance to my game. What am I?"

Answer due 24 hours from 9 PM Eastern Time Zone!
Starring As:
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Seven Results:
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay]

With a grin upon his face, the scholar set a stare upon them all. "All together now, what is the answer?" the scholar questioned. "At the count of three." he announced before counting it off. As one, the group of students pronounced war excluding Guan Sho. With his brow raising, the scholar gazed upon the man. "Death?" he questioned. "Death is a facet of war, but, one of its many faces. However, I will accept it." the man boldly announced before clapping his hands. "Yet, I would keep this in mind." he cooed. "I will see you tomorrow."

Day Eight:
Upon the next day, the man awaited him. Before him laid three chains, each six inches long. Yet, upon each end of the chain laid a bronze manacle. At the approach of his students, the scholar gave a small grin and rose from his cushions. "Shen Feng and Zetie Pi, come forth." he announced before instructing them to hold forth their arms. Attaching one manacle to Shen Feng's arm and another to Zetie Pi's arm, the man gave a nod of pleasure. Next, he motioned for Zu Yanghei and Guan Yin She to approach. In a similar manner, he chained the two together. Before finally Jin Sui and Guan Sho was called forth and finally shackled together.

"Shen Feng; Zu Yanghei; and Jin Sui, listen to my words. This next riddle is for you three and you three alone." the man announced before reciting the riddle.
"I am a treasure of war, a son of man's fiery strength and chilling skill. Man's skill has given me birth, yet, now I give life to men and their ambitions. I protect the strong and I protect the weak. I protect the King as well as the common man. I am a glistening horde, ever shining and ever shifting. Noisy within my glorious grace. I am horded by Kings when alone, yet, warrior horde me when I am together. I await spear's kiss and await man's use. What am I?
"Zetie Pi; Guan Yin She; and Guan Sho, listen to my words. This next riddle is for you three and you three alone."
"I am a treasure of war, a daughter of man's vile greed and cunning mind. Man's skill has given me birth, yet, now I give purpose to men and their ambitions. I bring death to the strong and death to the weak. I am horded by Kings as well as the common man. I am a glistening horde, ever shining within the night. Blood stains my face, yet, never do I lose face. Men die and men suffer for my name. I await man's greed and await man's death. What am I?"
With a smile upon his lips, the man turned. "Tonight, you shall remain shackled together. If you return tomorrow without your bindings, both of you will be sent home and cast from my teachings. Yet, do not view this shackling as a torment. View it as a common bond to bring you together. Because if either of you get your riddle wrong, both men will suffer. I wish you luck."

Answers due within 24 hours
Starring As:
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Day Eight Results:
1) Zu Yanghei [Brother Dun] Strikes: 2
2) Shen Feng [Shen Feng] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED
4) Guan Yin She [Voshay] Strikes: 2
5) Zetie Pi [Antlan87] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED
9) Guan Sho [Krowthen] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED
10) Jin Sui [Big Grizzly] Strikes: 3 ELIMINATED

The scholar returned in a flowery approach. A large sack over his arm. With a smile, he came to stand before the three chain couples, the sack lowered to the ground. His eyes came to rest upon his students and he gave a low and formal bow to each of them. "My students, you have come far. But, upon this day, let us see how well you might work against your fellow rival in the pursuit of truth." he commented.

First pointing at Zu Yanghei and Guan Yin She, the man bellowed "Your answers," and awaited their replies. Zu Yanghei proudly proclaimed it was the shield while Guan Yin She answered his own riddle with the sword.

Next, the man called upon Zetie Pi and Shen Feng. Zetie Pi proclaimed proclaimed the coin, yet, Shen Feng answered with armor. It was a reply that brought a frown to the old man's lips, but, he kept his silence.

Last, the man called upon Jin Sui and Guan Sho. Jin Sui answered his riddle with armor while Guan Sho proclaimed his answer as the sword.

"I am sorry, but, I must ask all of you, but, Zu Yanghei and Guan Yin She to leave this temple. Zetie Pi, your own answer was correct, but, Shen Feng's wrong answer has cost you upon this day. I apologize and I hope you will continue to strive for knowledge." the man proclaimed before opening that bag. Reaching within, he pulled free a single glistening ring. "I am horded by Kings when alone." he commented before dropping that ring. Only, to pull forth a glistening suit of chain mail. "Yet, I am horded by warriors when I am together. Armor is a correct train of thought, however, it is to vague. I apologize to those who answered it, but, it is not acceptable. Armor is to vague. What of cotton, silk, and leather? Does it truly apply?" he questioned.

"As for the second riddle, only one man was correct. Zetie Pi, you guessed correctly when you answered with the coin. A sword is not a glistening horde. Gold, silver, bronze.. that is the correct answer. Money." he whispered as he poured free the contents of that bag, leaving gold coins to splay across the floor. "Man will kill for gold and silver and splash the blood of the innocent across it. Kings will raise armies to gather it and Emperors will crush Kings within its name. Yet, even as blood spills upon the gold, it never losses face or value."

"I am sorry, but, I must ask all of you to leave. The attendants at the front of the temple will unchain you all. Guan Yin She and Zu Yanghei, I will expect you tomorrow."

Day Nine:

Upon the ninth day, the scholar awaited them both. Before him laid a massive chest, its body sealed tight by a iron lock. The scholar sat upon the chest, a naked blade across his lap. It was the last of that ever diminishing treasure that the scholar had brought with his mysterious appearance. The hall laid empty. The tapestries and silk gone. Gold, silver, iron, and bronze had been hauled away. Spent to aid both the people of the town and the construction of that modest temple. Yet, he sat upon the chest, his eyes closed as he awaited his students. Upon their approach, he did not budge. He remained silent as the minutes passed by. Slowly did his eyes open and he gazed upon his students.

"Upon this day, I present you with a final riddle. This will be your final test and the last puzzle I will put before you. If either of you can guess this correctly, I will bestow upon you my glorious treasure. My most sacred and most revered treasure of all. Yet, if both of you get this right, it will be shared between you. You will have twenty four hours to answer this riddle and I would give it much thought and concentration. You may use any resource you might imagine. You may use any method of approach you may wish. Yet, each of you shall bring me a single written answer. It will be read and the victor, or victors, will be given their prize. Yet, if neither of you can guess correctly, no one will receive my treasure. Now, listen carefully."

"I am immortal. I am everlasting. Neither blade, nor fire, nor poison shall slay me. I may disappear, but, I am never dead. I stand above the Heavens themselves for even the Jade Emperor realizes he is nothing without me. Life and death is the game of others, but, I shall never play this game. Yet, I can bring life and death to those who use me. I bring skill to the world and I bring insight to the wise. I bring hope and I bring creation. I bring terror and I bring destruction. I am almighty, untouchable upon my throne. I reside within every man and every creature. I reside within every word, let it be written or said, and within every action. I am without leash and no society or law shall ever bind me. For I have given birth to society. For I have given birth to law. I am the richest of treasures and man attempts to exploit me. Yet, I am limitless. Man and woman explores me, seeking to dominant me and bring me to their heel. To twist me to their own use. Yet, I use them. By their curious nature, I am born. I am immortal. I am everlasting. Neither blade, nor fire, nor poison shall slay me. I may disappear, but, I am never dead. What am I?"
Starring As:
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

The man stayed upon that chest throughout the night, leaving its side for only a few moments at a time. Yet, with that naked blade always within hand, he guarded over it until the next day. It was early in the morning when Guan Yin She and Zu Yanghei gathered before him, their answers written upon small slips of paper. "Master Guan Yin She, your paper." he softly requested before extending a hand. With a quick glance he scrutinized that answer and crumbled it up before tossing it away. "Truth is not the correct answer."

Next, his gaze moved onto Zu Yanghei. The man quickly handed over the paper, yet, before the scholar could even read it, the young man leaped into a explanation. "Master Scholar, I believe the final riddle to be thought, knowledge. While it may disappear, it is never truly gone. Kongzi was known as the Uncrowned King, due to his thoughts, and so I believe it is thought that sits upon its throne, above the Heavens and the Jade Emperor. It was thought that created society, that created laws. All living things think, and have ideas. All words are first thought of, and then spoken or written. Thought can bring death and destruction, peace and happiness, life and well-being. That is my answer, Master Scholar."

It was a explanation which was met in silence, but, slowly did the man raise his gaze from that paper and onto Zu Yanghei. "You, my student, have guessed correctly. Master Guan Yin She, I would ask for you to stay. For this treasure is something that both of you should see." he explained before shifting from the chest's trunk. Removing a key from the depths of his robe, he slowly opened it and then pried the lid open. Revealing the depths of that massive chest. It was empty except for a single gold coin. "Gold, silver, ivory, bronze... it all fades with time. Perhaps you will spend it. Perhaps it will be stolen. Perhaps it will simply sit and never be used. Yet, fools amount it in great hordes. Prizing themselves upon that glistening pile. Yet, a true genius does not need gold or silver. A true genius merely needs intelligence. The wit, the judgment, and the skill to perceive the world around them. Your mind is the greatest treasure of all and I hope you will remember this fact. Thought is the one thing that will remain immortal within this world. Please, take this." he whispered before reaching into the depths of his robe and pulling forth a small novel. "Take it and read it, Zu Yanghei. You deserve to have my knowledge. Now take your knowledge and use it to fill this chest, Zu Yanghei. This coin will serve as your first investment."

Zu Yanghei has won! Zu Yanghei has received The Riches of the Mind (+5 Intelligence) and 1 Gold Piece.
Starring As: