The Ghosts of Julu

Moderator: Game Masters

Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Re: The Ghosts of Julu

Post by Li Dao Wen »

"Nay, we do not want them to die," replied the foreman, shaking his head, a cruel smile on his face. "We want them to be broken by utilizing the measures that we approve. We want their efforts to undo this madness to be stopped. Better they be left alive to see how far they've fallen and who was ultimately victorious. They will never recover from such a psychological blow . . ."
The warrior barely reacted to this devious scheme, even though inside he was definitely pleased; if there was one thing that he enjoyed as much as killing and power, its torturing those who could be tortured. "Very well. I shall comply with the suggestion. No one shall die. For now."

He then listened keenly to what Wen Xu and the man are going to discuss, thinking over what he should do himself. Is he to go with Wen Xu, or are they to separate?
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

"I have been trying for nearly a year now to put him to rest . . ." replied the elderly man, tears forming at the corners of his eyes, "To make him understand that he should be on the journey to the afterworld . . . or maybe even to his next life. But every single time, he disappears before I can do anything. I'm powerless . . . incapable of stopping his comings and goings . . . All I want is him to finally be able to rest without continuing his hauntings . . . to help him overcome whatever is keeping him here."
Zhuwen scratched his head, not particularly caring for the old man's plight. The only things driving Zhuwen to find out about the ghosts was the fact that he was simply curious and wanted to finish the task he had come here for.

"Hmmm... Well, I can't say I know how to help you out, although I pretty much came here for that reason. I tried talking to the guy and couldn't get anything from him. I'm guessing you guys tried things like hiring priests, using charms, and offering proper respect right? In any case, what are your plans now? Go back to the city or search for more ghosts? I'll help if it's the latter, the former, I'd like to gain entrance in to the city so I can get some sleep. Maybe meet with others who might have come for the request."

For now, Zhuwen decided mentioning he was a participant during the war and the battle here was probably not a good idea. Not that he was of any fault, at least in his opinion, Zhuwen was only doing his job as a soldier. But he knew people like to play the blame game and the possible thought of the soldiers before him killing him to offer him as a sacrifice made Zhuwen shiver a bit.
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

Cao Chao wrote: "That is my belief," replied the Elder, nodding his head, glad that Shangguan Wei understood what he had said. "There is something outside of the supernatural at work here." Pausing, the elder shook his head. "Unfortunately, I have no inkling . . . no idea who is involved. The power situation here in Julu is in flux. There are multiple factions, some overtly working towards their goals, while others do so from hiding, but irregardless of who is involved, the situation has grown increasingly dire. Day by day, the populace are growing restless. Something needs to be done."

Pausing briefly, the elder continued, "There is an event tonight that maybe able to shed some light into this entire mess . . . The administrator of this city has called for volunteers. If you're willing, I want you to go to the burial grounds as my representative. There you will figure out some of this . . . mess"
Wei passively listened to the elder explaining the current situation. He could imagine that he would get into troubles, should he decide to interfere in this matter. However, it would bother him to no end if he did not reveal this secret. As the elder offered him the opportunity to get a closer investigation, he answered without delay.

"I will do it, Elder Kuang. I would not have a peaceful sleep unless I see this mystery unravelled and the criminals brought to justice. Could you give me the instruction how to join the event at the burial grounds?"
Shangguan Wei (21) | 90-91-21-78-22 | Charge II, Delay II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid I, Yueshu II
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

(OOC: Okay, trying to get everyone to the burial grounds. After that the foreman will speak with your responsibilities and the quest will (finally) kick off. You can RP with each other. I will post something Sunday to kick off the quest.)
Wen Xu wrote:"Well then, sir. I believe I shall seek out this Elder Jiao. You say was a skilled seer and so I will go to him and learn of my futures. During this time I will try to convince him of the strength of the Chu cause." Looking over to the other warrior Xu asked, "And what are your plans?"
"While he may be able to foresee the future and know the will of Heaven, Elder Jiao has lost his mind when his son perished during the terrible battle that occurred outside of these city walls," replied the foreman, shaking his head, "As a result, he is hardly lucid enough to be useful to us."
Zhou Kahn wrote:Zu sat there for a moment. This whole situation was ridiculous. But she mentally shrugged and then addressed his comments.

Mai Zu: "Well is there anything I can do for you instead? You say you want to restore your family's kingdom. If these ghosts can offer you an opportunity, maybe I can assist you as well?"
"For generations, Julu has been a city controlled by Zhao," stated the Elder coldly, "It is my intention to see it restored to us once again . . . In the way . . . is the magistrate. He is a man of Chu, chosen by one of Xiang Yu's lieutenants to take charge of the province. If you wish to do something about this . . . then you must destroy his credibility and make sure that Chu's name is vilely cursed on these city streets."

"The governor has called for volunteers to keep an eye on the primary burial grounds for those soldiers massacred after the battle. If you're foolish enough, you can go. Take my pendant and make yourself useful."
Shen Feng wrote:"I shall do that. Thank you for your aid, Elder Ju." Feng nodded, thinking things through in his head. They may not be working in conjunction, but chances were one of them at least had ulterior motives. "I shall report back to you should I find any information of note."

After asking the Elder for directions to the burial grounds, Feng bowed before him graciously and departed. He headed towards the burial grounds, making a note to keep his wits about him. People were having limbs severed and incidents were occuring to be blamed on 'ghosts', and he had little desire to become a victim of such an act.
Shen Feng arrived at the burial grounds and was greeted by the guards on duty. After checking his credentials, he was led in and introduced to the foreman and the two warriors that were already there.
Brother Dun wrote:The scholar nodded his head, "Very well Elder Ling, you have been quite helpful."

Pausing a moment to give the man a respectful bow, the scholar of Xianyang left the library and went off to meet the city administrator. Stopping outside of the administrative complex, the scholar smiled and bowed to the guards on duty, "Greetings gentlemen, my name is Zu Yanghei. I am here to speak with the Magistrate, I have been brought in to help deal with these supposed 'hauntings' by Elder Jia."
Zu Yanghei was quietly led out of the city and to the burial grounds instead of being led to speak with the magistrate. There, he was introduced to everyone there.
Li Dao Wen wrote:The warrior barely reacted to this devious scheme, even though inside he was definitely pleased; if there was one thing that he enjoyed as much as killing and power, its torturing those who could be tortured. "Very well. I shall comply with the suggestion. No one shall die. For now."

He then listened keenly to what Wen Xu and the man are going to discuss, thinking over what he should do himself. Is he to go with Wen Xu, or are they to separate?
"I shall assign you your tasks when all of the volunteers have gathered here . . ."
OneEyedDrgn wrote:Zhuwen scratched his head, not particularly caring for the old man's plight. The only things driving Zhuwen to find out about the ghosts was the fact that he was simply curious and wanted to finish the task he had come here for.

"Hmmm... Well, I can't say I know how to help you out, although I pretty much came here for that reason. I tried talking to the guy and couldn't get anything from him. I'm guessing you guys tried things like hiring priests, using charms, and offering proper respect right? In any case, what are your plans now? Go back to the city or search for more ghosts? I'll help if it's the latter, the former, I'd like to gain entrance in to the city so I can get some sleep. Maybe meet with others who might have come for the request."

For now, Zhuwen decided mentioning he was a participant during the war and the battle here was probably not a good idea. Not that he was of any fault, at least in his opinion, Zhuwen was only doing his job as a soldier. But he knew people like to play the blame game and the possible thought of the soldiers before him killing him to offer him as a sacrifice made Zhuwen shiver a bit.
"I've talked to a number of Taoist priests," stated the Elder with a sigh, "They say that the best solution now would be try and find the location where my son is buried. After that, disinter him and then give him a proper burial . . . The problem is . . . we don't know where he's buried . . . There's a whole series of mass graves outside of the city . . . perhaps you can check there."

Liang Zhuwen was given directions and a tally to the burial grounds.
NightForever wrote:Wei passively listened to the elder explaining the current situation. He could imagine that he would get into troubles, should he decide to interfere in this matter. However, it would bother him to no end if he did not reveal this secret. As the elder offered him the opportunity to get a closer investigation, he answered without delay.

"I will do it, Elder Kuang. I would not have a peaceful sleep unless I see this mystery unravelled and the criminals brought to justice. Could you give me the instruction how to join the event at the burial grounds?"
Shangguan Wei was handed a tally marking him as a representative of the Elder and was led to the site of the mass burial grounds. There he was introduced to the foreman and to the other volunteers.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

(OOC: Since no one seems interested, I'm closing this quest and awarding all eight "finalists" 100 gold.)