Changsha Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Trendkill
Colonel

Re: Changsha Provincial Roleplay

Post by Trendkill »

RuffRydeR

For a few moments Jian watched, a broad smile on his face as the young warrior woman hacked at the dummies. He could tell she wasn't very good on horse, but was rather impressed by her progress. When she approached him his expression changed, displeased that she was seemed unhappy. He chuckled as she expressed her discontent with Shen feng's tactics, amused that she saw it as an unwillingness to fight. "Well, not exactly," he said while rubbing the back of his neck. His cheeks flushed with slight embarrassment and so, in order to at least temporarily skirt the real reason for his visit, he decided to entertain her dilemma.

"Lord Shen's very smart. He wasn't running away, but rather, thought it wiser to eliminate one of Deng Yue's supporters." He kicked the dirt at his feet before smiling again. "Don't worry, you'll get your chance to test yourself, and then you'll know he's worthy. I'm like you though. I prefer a more direct approach. But he's been showing me that strategy can be just as effective in winning battles, if not more so, than any sword or shield."
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Trendkill wrote:Lin Xin

The lone figure sitting by the fire did in fact notice the approach of the three figures. It didn't bother him that Xin didn't come alone. In times like these, with war breaking out in every corner of the empire, one could not be too cautious. He rose to his feet and hailed the man by waving him over and calling out, "master Lin? Please, won't you join me? Your friends their can come to." He intentionally picked this sight to camp as it was atop a small hill with nearly no large trees, save the one he was under, and no large bushes or areas capable of hiding soldiers. Not only did he thin k it would set his guests mind at ease, he also liked the fact that he could spot any potential threats long before reaching him.
In the distance, Xin saw a figure rise by the fire and hail him. Looking back at Jia, he nodded and they rode towards the camp. Stopping a about 10 meters from the campsite, they both dismount and approached. The former village chief studied the man as he walked, taking in his surroundings and trying to gauge whether this man's intentions were malicious.

Upon reaching the fire, Xin clasped his hands together and bowed. "You must be the man who requested this meeting," he said. "I am Lin Xin and this is my sister, Lin Jia."
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Lin Xin

Jian smiled at hearing the introductions and bowed. "Greetings master Lin, I'm glad you decided to come," he said before gesturing to a log situated near the fire. "You're correct, I'm Luo Jian, originally of Chu, but now I work for Shen Feng." He walked over to a satchel which leaned against the rock he had formally been sitting on. After pulling out a wine gourd and two drinking bowls he poured each of his guests a drink. "I've heard a lot about, all good things, and so has Shen Feng. Which is why he asked that I speak to you. He's rather surprised that an honorable man such as yourself would work for someone like Deng Yue."
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Trendkill wrote:Lin Xin

Jian smiled at hearing the introductions and bowed. "Greetings master Lin, I'm glad you decided to come," he said before gesturing to a log situated near the fire. "You're correct, I'm Luo Jian, originally of Chu, but now I work for Shen Feng." He walked over to a satchel which leaned against the rock he had formally been sitting on. After pulling out a wine gourd and two drinking bowls he poured each of his guests a drink. "I've heard a lot about, all good things, and so has Shen Feng. Which is why he asked that I speak to you. He's rather surprised that an honorable man such as yourself would work for someone like Deng Yue."
Xin smiles as he accepts the wine and settles into a seat by the fire. His sister remains standing, a slight scowl on her face, but accepted the bowl of wine as well.

Xin bowed at the compliment but his face remained impassive as he listened to Luo Jian speak. After a moment of thought, he said, "Honor should be held in the highest regard. From what you said, I gather that you feel an unhonorable man serving Deng Yue are imcompatible concepts. Why so?"
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Trendkill wrote:"Lord Shen's very smart. He wasn't running away, but rather, thought it wiser to eliminate one of Deng Yue's supporters." He kicked the dirt at his feet before smiling again. "Don't worry, you'll get your chance to test yourself, and then you'll know he's worthy. I'm like you though. I prefer a more direct approach. But he's been showing me that strategy can be just as effective in winning battles, if not more so, than any sword or shield."
I see...Tricky. I don't like tricks much though. I'd rather just fight. Anshui noted, as the exotic beauty rubbed her aching arms from te exercise. All this worrying about battle, and managing the tribe in its migrations and travels had left her little time to actually pursue her own growth as a warrior.

The young war leader frowned as the comparison was continued by the blushing young Han warrior. Glaring at him, she noted, Still, just because I may happen to prefer a similar course of action in on instance does not make us anything alike. You will see this when I fight, sir.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Lin Xin

Jian shrugged. "Well, we are only as good as the company we keep, or at least I've been told. But I suppose one could think that you, being a man of honor, are in the best position to do some good working for someone who is not. Then again, perhaps he isn't so bad if you were willing to give up your former position in order to serve him. That was also a reason for my wishing to meet with you. To gather your insight in to the man. I see he has gathered many in his quest to rebel against the Emperor and King of Chu, maybe there is much that remains to be seen about him. Would you be opposed to enlightening me a bit?" He knew he was being rather direct, but assumed that his guest wouldn't be opposed to getting right down to business having come this far.

RuffRydeR

Jian's eyes widen as a look of mild shock washed over his face. He waved his hands in front of him and said, "Please, please, take no offense at my words. I hardly know you, so to say that we are very similar was foolish. In fact that was the main reason for coming here, to get to know you better. I can understand that you've made your choice and wish to work for Deng Yue. Please understand that I'm not here to attempt to sway you any further" His embarrassment was now more than obvious, and his expression proved it. Gesturing towards her he then added, "in all honesty I have been rather taken with you since our first meeting. I know that I am a foreigner to you, and that my ways are as odd to you as yours are to me. But if things work out as I hope, as Shen Feng plans, I hoped we could learn from each other, possibly even become...friends?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

I do not work for him. How many times do I need to make that clear? Simply because I have no interest in cities... she grunts, annoyed at this concept these folk seemed to attach to these unnatural constructs they had created. You must accept that what I do is what I think is for my benefit alone. I am insulted that you would think I would need suasion from that.

Sighing, she figures it was probably still best to listen to the man. It wasn't like her relations with her current partner were not accompanied by some hostility on her part. The concept of being considered equal, let alone subordinate to someone who could not fight bothered her deeply. Taken? I do not remember seizing or vanquishing you, though that could easily be corrected. This sounds intriguing though...And what may I possibly learn from you, sir, that you think you can move past simple acquaintance into a designation I reserve for a special few?
53-108*-34-81-78
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Jian shook his head, obviously dismayed by how the conversation was going. He knew there would be cultural differences between them, and he was never very good at 'swooning' the fairer sex, mostly due to his previous lack of interest. This woman seemed very defensive, and for natural reasons, but he often forgot that intentions were very easily unseen and unimportant in the grand scheme of things. He finally realized, as he stood there dumbfounded and feeling defeated, that this marvelous specimen of womanhood would need to see that he was not like the scholarly, pen pushing representatives she had been dealing with so far. But he wondered how he could display for her his martial prowess without it resulting in a fight that would inevitably lead to either of them being wounded in the process, thus hurting their respective causes in the upcoming battle. Unable to come up with something he then nodded and sighed. "I didn't come here to offend you, but it looks like we are far too different. I'm sorry I wasted your time. Once the battles over, if you would be interested, I could show you how to properly ride that thing," he said pointing towards the horse she had been riding.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Wait..did you say you could teach me the intricacies of this beast? I could learn that from you? Anshui's hostility dropped, as she studied the departing man. The fur and metal clad exotic beauty scamperd after him, but without that indomitable facade she greeted most everyone with. I am not offended...What would make you think that!? She waved her dao in the air, as she followed him.
53-108*-34-81-78
Trendkill
Colonel

Post by Trendkill »

Jian kept walking for a moment, a smile on quickly forming on his face as she followed after him. He turned on heel to face and stared into her eyes for a moment before replying, "yes, I could. I've been riding horses since I was a boy. I could show you how, but it would take time and patience. At the rate you've been progressing I could have you riding well in no time." His eyes glimmered with pride at having finally found something to use as his in with the enchantress.