Administrator

Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Post by ann »

For roleplay in Changshan.
Xiao Gau
Major

Re: Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xiao Gau »

-=As night starts to fall in the northern mountains of Changshan, three men gather around a fledgling campfire. Mismatched and piecemeal, the group of men should have no business being in the same province together, let alone sitting around a campfire.

An aged man in simple peasants' clothes sits close to the flickering flame, feeding wood to the hungry fire in attempt to bring warmth to his old, cold bones. Huddled beneath a thick collection of fur pelts against the cold, he leans close to the flames and rubs his chilled hands together. Though of advanced years, the man is obviously accustomed to a life of hard work, lean and toned limbs contrast sharply with his gray hair and lined face. An old farmers axe leans against the rough log serving as his seat, next to a travelers' rucksack.

Seated near by the old man is a young man wearing the remains of an Imperial uniform, Engineer's division, beneath a heavy fur cloak. The cloth is frayed and worn, showing signs of being patched and repaired in a dozen places. A heavy spear is thrust into the ground beside him, its shaft wrapped in rough leather. Idly he slices off chunks of rutabaga into an old iron pot.

Across the fire, distant and standoffish from the others, is another young man. The man's face was a misfortunate mix of Chinese and Qiang features: dark colors and coarse features. Garbed in a scrounged assortment of armor scraps and cast off clothing held in place by straps and cords. He scowls at nothing and everything all at once, his hands deftly sharpening one of his many knives.=-
"How much longer are we gonna have ta wait.?" -=He growled, his Chinese heavily accented and somewhat difficult to understand.

His aged companion shook his head at the other's impatience.=-
"You must have patience Kai, we traveled far, and under cover of secrecy. It will take time for our men to reach us." -=Adding more wood to the fire, the old man takes the pot from the other young man and settles it above the flames. He smiles as the stew begins to heat.

The man addressed as Kai snarls his displeasure.=-
"We made it. They can too."

"Not everyone has your.. drive.. shall we say, Kai. They'll make it." -=The other young man replied. Idly he toyed with the embers with a stick.=- "And when they do…"

-=Kai slide the freshly honed dagger back into its sheath with a feral sneer.=- "And when they do, this province will run with blood, and our pouches will swell with gold."
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

-=In the weeks the followed the late night campfire meeting, rough looking men and women drifted into the province, singly and in groups. Gathered from the neighboring provinces and local villages, even tribesmen from the Qiang, the locals paid little attention to the gathering numbers. After all, with the recent upheaval in Qi, it only stood to reason there would be displaced refugees trying to escape the battles. So what if all the travelers wore red sashes around their waist or neck, didn't mean anything, after all, nothing says the life of a peasant has to be without cheer and color. Many even waved cheerfully to border guards or militia scouts they passed on the road.

Slowly the ruffians made their way to the mountain slopes, gathering in loose camps in the foothills. It wasn't all that unusual for fellows to go out on hunting trips in the winter months, and often they would bring friends for aid and companionship, so there wasn't anything out of the ordinary in the handful of campsites near the mountains. But there were an awful lot of campfires out on those empty slopes.

Above, in the mountain passes, a more sinister crowd was gathering in the rocky caves. Squatting beside a roaring fire, Kai and his lieutenants discussed the coming month. Several rabbits were spitted and roasting over the flames and they sizzled invitingly as the men talked.

As the best thinker among them, it naturally fell to Diao to handle the organization of the men. The current count, clumsily written on a strip of bark, listed near five hundred rough and tumble souls encamped in the foothills below.=-
"As we said those few weeks ago Kai, it took time, but the men are gathering. More than half of them have arrived in the past week, bringing word of others arriving shortly, even of newcomers wearing red sashes."

-=Kai nodded, his unruly features settling into what could pass for a smile. His quick knife divested the nearest rabbit of a leg quarter. Tearing a strip of meat from the bone, Kai pondered as he chewed for several moments. Finally, he spoke through a mouthful of rabbit.=- "What bout the scouts? They report anything promissing?"

-=Both Xiao and Tan nod. Deferring out of habit to the older man, Tan stays quiet but nods along with the old man's words.=- "Yes, the scouts brought word yesterday. Apparently most of the province is in the hands of ignorant peasants and petty warlords, however one village seems to be organized and capable."

"Reports say a force is massing in this village, forming a capable militia. But it's like you've always said Kai, 'You don't guard nothing'." -=Tan adds, lips curled into a feral grin. Taking a piece of rabbit for himself, he continues, gesturing with the rabbit leg to make his point.=- "If it can afford a militia, surely it can afford to spread the wealth alittle, wouldn't you think so?"

-=Kai grinned his sinister grin, ripping another chunk of meat away with his teeth.=- "I should think so.. be good exercise for the men. They haven't done anything hard in a few months, not since those skirmishes in Dai. Be nice to give the boys something they can sink their teeth into about now.."

-=Tan and Xiao nodded agreement. Of course, it never paid to disagree with Kai openly. The mean little man had a vicious temper and his knives stuck like lightning... without warning or pity. But, Xiao had long since learned how to operate his leader... Kai was, after all, no scholar.=- "A good plan, but one we should take some time to feel out, I would think. Try to find out the number of men pledged to the militia, what sort of leader they have.."

-=But Kai had been sitting too long in a dark cave, cold and bored to listen to advice today. He cut Xiao off with a wave of his hand.=- "No, I'm bored and it's time to do something. Besides, what sort of militia could they muster? A few hundred men at most.. We've got more than that now, and more are coming every day." -=Again, the cruel little man grins.=- "And, I've got a secret... A mean little Qiang secret.."
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Daiyu was busy in her smith shop one morning when she realized as she reached for more coals, that she was running low. Sighing she puts aside the weapon she was working on and starts cleaning up. She looks over at her assistant Ju as she is straightening things up. "Ju, I need to run to Kuailang and get some more supplies. You stay here and get whatever the village needs done. I'll take Lord Tianshi's sword with me and work on it while I'm gone so as to not fall behind. I shall be back in a few days."

She packs up everything and gets it put together, gets her horse Ming prepared, leaves a note for her father and then takes off for Kuailang.

Within a few days, Daiyu arrives in Kuailang and finds herself an inn and gets herself settled in, then looks to see if she can find the town's blacksmith so she can do some work while she's there and possibly help out.
Last edited by Redbird on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Tinybutterfly
New Recruit

Post by Tinybutterfly »

Xiao Gau wrote:-=In the weeks the followed the late night campfire meeting, rough looking men and women drifted into the province, singly and in groups. Gathered from the neighboring provinces and local villages, even tribesmen from the Qiang, the locals paid little attention to the gathering numbers. After all, with the recent upheaval in Qi, it only stood to reason there would be displaced refugees trying to escape the battles. So what if all the travelers wore red sashes around their waist or neck, didn't mean anything, after all, nothing says the life of a peasant has to be without cheer and color. Many even waved cheerfully to border guards or militia scouts they passed on the road.

Slowly the ruffians made their way to the mountain slopes, gathering in loose camps in the foothills. It wasn't all that unusual for fellows to go out on hunting trips in the winter months, and often they would bring friends for aid and companionship, so there wasn't anything out of the ordinary in the handful of campsites near the mountains. But there were an awful lot of campfires out on those empty slopes.

Above, in the mountain passes, a more sinister crowd was gathering in the rocky caves. Squatting beside a roaring fire, Kai and his lieutenants discussed the coming month. Several rabbits were spitted and roasting over the flames and they sizzled invitingly as the men talked.

As the best thinker among them, it naturally fell to Diao to handle the organization of the men. The current count, clumsily written on a strip of bark, listed near five hundred rough and tumble souls encamped in the foothills below.=-
"As we said those few weeks ago Kai, it took time, but the men are gathering. More than half of them have arrived in the past week, bringing word of others arriving shortly, even of newcomers wearing red sashes."

-=Kai nodded, his unruly features settling into what could pass for a smile. His quick knife divested the nearest rabbit of a leg quarter. Tearing a strip of meat from the bone, Kai pondered as he chewed for several moments. Finally, he spoke through a mouthful of rabbit.=- "What bout the scouts? They report anything promissing?"

-=Both Xiao and Tan nod. Deferring out of habit to the older man, Tan stays quiet but nods along with the old man's words.=- "Yes, the scouts brought word yesterday. Apparently most of the province is in the hands of ignorant peasants and petty warlords, however one village seems to be organized and capable."

"Reports say a force is massing in this village, forming a capable militia. But it's like you've always said Kai, 'You don't guard nothing'." -=Tan adds, lips curled into a feral grin. Taking a piece of rabbit for himself, he continues, gesturing with the rabbit leg to make his point.=- "If it can afford a militia, surely it can afford to spread the wealth alittle, wouldn't you think so?"

-=Kai grinned his sinister grin, ripping another chunk of meat away with his teeth.=- "I should think so.. be good exercise for the men. They haven't done anything hard in a few months, not since those skirmishes in Dai. Be nice to give the boys something they can sink their teeth into about now.."

-=Tan and Xiao nodded agreement. Of course, it never paid to disagree with Kai openly. The mean little man had a vicious temper and his knives stuck like lightning... without warning or pity. But, Xiao had long since learned how to operate his leader... Kai was, after all, no scholar.=- "A good plan, but one we should take some time to feel out, I would think. Try to find out the number of men pledged to the militia, what sort of leader they have.."

-=But Kai had been sitting too long in a dark cave, cold and bored to listen to advice today. He cut Xiao off with a wave of his hand.=- "No, I'm bored and it's time to do something. Besides, what sort of militia could they muster? A few hundred men at most.. We've got more than that now, and more are coming every day." -=Again, the cruel little man grins.=- "And, I've got a secret... A mean little Qiang secret.."
Zhu Liu arrives into the campsite, after days of traveling and gathering troops from random villages and farms. She stops at the base of the camp and takes a look around, taking everything in, learning where everything's located and memorizing faces. She spots Zang and heads his way, wordlessly. She ignores the looks she receives from the campers; she is used to being stared at, as she is tall and lean with long black hair and to top it off she was a woman, and has many scars from battles she had been in to prove she is as tough as any man out there. People, mostly men, have sneered at her for being a woman with a ""mans attitude"" Yes, while she has an attitude it was her own, how dare they compare her to a man? Zhu Liu is a very independent woman and does not take lightly to being down-graded by anyone for anything. Zhu Liu has a permanent, stern look about her face. When she gets to where Zang sat, she stood at attention and spoke in a gravely, yet soft voice "You must be Zang Kai, I am Zhu Liu, I have arrived to join your group and I have brought more troops to help us with our cause. Where do you wanna put them?"
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Tinybutterfly wrote: Zhu Liu arrives into the campsite, after days of traveling and gathering troops from random villages and farms. She stops at the base of the camp and takes a look around, taking everything in, learning where everything's located and memorizing faces. She spots Zang and heads his way, wordlessly. She ignores the looks she receives from the campers; she is used to being stared at, as she is tall and lean with long black hair and to top it off she was a woman, and has many scars from battles she had been in to prove she is as tough as any man out there. People, mostly men, have sneered at her for being a woman with a ""mans attitude"" Yes, while she has an attitude it was her own, how dare they compare her to a man? Zhu Liu is a very independent woman and does not take lightly to being down-graded by anyone for anything. Zhu Liu has a permanent, stern look about her face. When she gets to where Zang sat, she stood at attention and spoke in a gravely, yet soft voice "You must be Zang Kai, I am Zhu Liu, I have arrived to join your group and I have brought more troops to help us with our cause. Where do you wanna put them?"
-=Several of the rough men near the mouth of Kai's cave leaped their feet, grabbing for their spears. One of the men made to step in front of the incoming barbarian woman, but he stiffened suddenly, dropping with a strangled cry... one of Kai's knives stuck deep between his shoulders.

At the rear of the cave, Kai idly tossed another of his throwing blades in his hand, eyeing the other 'guard' carefully.=-
"This is no way to treat a guest. Sit down, or I'll let her deal with you herself. And someone clean up that mess.." -=He said coolly, indicating the fallen man.

Turning his attention to the intruding woman, Kai eyed her up and down. Keeping his blade in his hand, he addressed the barbarian woman.=-
"So this is the famous ZhuLiu.. terror of the northern boarders.. Interesting."

-=His two lieutenants stood and came up beside him, eyeing the woman curiously. The elder leaned in, his voice low, and questioned his leader.=- "You know this.. woman... Kai? Who is she, and what is she doing here?"

"Yeah, I mean, I guess she's cute and all.." -=Tan cut in, taking in the woman's curves and build. But Xiao was more concerned with the cruel cast to her eyes and the scars attesting to her penchant for violence.

But Kai waved them both silent.=-
"Yes, or at least I know of her.. When I heard she was moving south I sent a rider to invite her to our little gathering. Just drop your gear anywhere Liu, and we'll see that your men are settled into the camps.. welcome to the Red Masks.."
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Quni, this is where it would begin, but YaoYen needed to play it cool for now, and find out what the governor of the city here was like before she made any actions.

Approaching the governors palace/hall, she made her presence and her sisters known to those that guarded its doors.

"I am here to meet with Bā Kàng. Could you please inform him that Chieftess Baofu YaoYan is here to meet with him."
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Deceased V4 Character: Baofu YaoYan
V3 Character: Xiao-Niao Min
Tinybutterfly
New Recruit

Post by Tinybutterfly »

Xiao Gau wrote:
Tinybutterfly wrote: Zhu Liu arrives into the campsite, after days of traveling and gathering troops from random villages and farms. She stops at the base of the camp and takes a look around, taking everything in, learning where everything's located and memorizing faces. She spots Zang and heads his way, wordlessly. She ignores the looks she receives from the campers; she is used to being stared at, as she is tall and lean with long black hair and to top it off she was a woman, and has many scars from battles she had been in to prove she is as tough as any man out there. People, mostly men, have sneered at her for being a woman with a ""mans attitude"" Yes, while she has an attitude it was her own, how dare they compare her to a man? Zhu Liu is a very independent woman and does not take lightly to being down-graded by anyone for anything. Zhu Liu has a permanent, stern look about her face. When she gets to where Zang sat, she stood at attention and spoke in a gravely, yet soft voice "You must be Zang Kai, I am Zhu Liu, I have arrived to join your group and I have brought more troops to help us with our cause. Where do you wanna put them?"
-=Several of the rough men near the mouth of Kai's cave leaped their feet, grabbing for their spears. One of the men made to step in front of the incoming barbarian woman, but he stiffened suddenly, dropping with a strangled cry... one of Kai's knives stuck deep between his shoulders.

At the rear of the cave, Kai idly tossed another of his throwing blades in his hand, eyeing the other 'guard' carefully.=-
"This is no way to treat a guest. Sit down, or I'll let her deal with you herself. And someone clean up that mess.." -=He said coolly, indicating the fallen man.

Turning his attention to the intruding woman, Kai eyed her up and down. Keeping his blade in his hand, he addressed the barbarian woman.=-
"So this is the famous ZhuLiu.. terror of the northern boarders.. Interesting."

-=His two lieutenants stood and came up beside him, eyeing the woman curiously. The elder leaned in, his voice low, and questioned his leader.=- "You know this.. woman... Kai? Who is she, and what is she doing here?"

"Yeah, I mean, I guess she's cute and all.." -=Tan cut in, taking in the woman's curves and build. But Xiao was more concerned with the cruel cast to her eyes and the scars attesting to her penchant for violence.

But Kai waved them both silent.=-
"Yes, or at least I know of her.. When I heard she was moving south I sent a rider to invite her to our little gathering. Just drop your gear anywhere Liu, and we'll see that your men are settled into the camps.. welcome to the Red Masks.."

Zhu Liu stood stiff in front of the fallen man and glared around, as if daring someone else attempt to attack her, after a moment she turned her gaze to Zang. "Thank you for the welcome, but I take it they were not told of my arrival." She eyed the fallen man and raised an eyebrow. Then she turned and looked at her men. "We camp here, go and find a place to get settled for now. Oh and one more thing, you see this man?" Zhu Liu gestured toward Zang with one hand. "You will follow his orders like you would mine or I will personally take care of you. Understand?" The men nodded in understanding and set their bags down waited for another command. She looked back at Tan. "Keep your eyes to yourself if you wish to keep them." She nodded to the elder and sat in front of Zang. Zhu Liu was not the talkative type.
lutai
Lieutenant

Post by lutai »

Open RP

1st Day

After 2 days on the road while riding his on his horse to Chang Shan. Ma Shensun finally arrived in Chang Shan he took a good look at the land and smiled,"This is the place where I shall rule..hmm looks pretty nice".He said with a happy face.After two hours of riding his horse on the road that led to a near by village he saw people walking from and too the village, he rubbed his chin and started to think that it was a very busy village. Which told him that it would be very easy to find good men to join his army,he finally entered into the village and went to a nearby tavern where he started to set up a booth for recruiting men to his forces. About a few men joined his ranks that day.

Soon after he decided to rest for the day, and he and his men decided to camp outside the village and plan what to do next.His men laughed and cheered sung a few songs around the campfire, Ma Shensun sat in his tent while he heard his men have fun but he had to think on what to do next for his next try on recruiting men and getting other leaders to ally with him."Hmm, from the rumors I had my men gather in the village my brother Ma Liang has successfully claimed a town of Xuwu for his own.I should send a messenger to him, and ask him for some troops....ya that could work".He continued to ponder if he should send a message or not but when it came down to it, it was the only way.

After finishing the letter Shensun called one of his messengers, and told him to give his brother Ma Liang a message of a request to be allys and to have some soldiers.
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

bain_nick wrote:Quni, this is where it would begin, but YaoYen needed to play it cool for now, and find out what the governor of the city here was like before she made any actions.

Approaching the governors palace/hall, she made her presence and her sisters known to those that guarded its doors.

"I am here to meet with Bā Kàng. Could you please inform him that Chieftess Baofu YaoYan is here to meet with him."
The governor's hall was just that. A building of stone and wood that stretched in a long hall which led to a cushioned throne on which Bā Kàng sat. His soldiers lined the length of the hall, for the most part leaning against the walls and sharpening their swords and axes.

Bā Kàng himself was surrounded by young women ranging from early puberty to their late twenties. They were dressed in silks and all were at least somewhat attractive. One of the girls held a peach in her hands and the governor bit into it when the Chieftess Baofu was led in to see him. Chewing loudly, Bā Kàng looked YaoYan up and down hungrily, before he got to his feet and clapped his hands together.

"Chieftess! Have you come here to audition to join my ranks like these other fine girls?" as he spoke he reached out and roughly seized the woman who had been feeding him the peach by her lanky arm. He held her forward like a trophy, then pushed her away. "Or maybe.. " The rough Bā Kàng began, his voice sly and mocking "..you've come to seek a warrior's advice due to your recent setback?"

Kàng was not overly large, but he had a lean build and his heavily scarred face indicated he was not a stranger to combat. The large axe at his side furthered that statement.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."