Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Jun Shan
Ensign

Re: Changshan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Jun Shan »

Jun Shan smiled and listened to Ying speak nodding thoughtfully, he was silent for some time before speaking his face stayed bright and cheerful, completely at odds with the deeds he was charged with. "Your words are patchy at best but their meaning is not lost, it is true what you speak." Jun looked around the camp and the lands surrounding it. "This land is always dangerous to men of my ilk and I know that my goals cannot be satisfied in this province any longer. Tell your Marquis that I shall accept his offer, but first there is something I must do here." Looking around to the faces of his men. "There is a black mark on my men's soul, a mark that must be purged before we can move on from this land. Go tell your Marquis that should he give me two month to settle my affairs here and I will join him."
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Jun Shan wrote:Jun Shan smiled and listened to Ying speak nodding thoughtfully, he was silent for some time before speaking his face stayed bright and cheerful, completely at odds with the deeds he was charged with. "Your words are patchy at best but their meaning is not lost, it is true what you speak." Jun looked around the camp and the lands surrounding it. "This land is always dangerous to men of my ilk and I know that my goals cannot be satisfied in this province any longer. Tell your Marquis that I shall accept his offer, but first there is something I must do here." Looking around to the faces of his men. "There is a black mark on my men's soul, a mark that must be purged before we can move on from this land. Go tell your Marquis that should he give me two month to settle my affairs here and I will join him."
-=Ying nods his understanding.=- "Ying spend much time away from people, speaking less important than listening and watching.

"Very well, Shall tell the Marquis to expect you and you men in month of September. You will have honored place among our forces. All of China will know of you strength in the coming days. Bring your men, and and your courage. Good days, and happy hunt. Until you meet again.." -=The Tracker said with a slight bow.

Without waiting for more, Ying turns and walks out of the camp, heading for his horse to return to his kingdom and his next assignment.=-
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

Winter was biting in the city of Quni, Changshan province. There was a real sense of uncertainty in the air. Quni remained the only city in the province that was yet to fall under the control of either Cheng Dang or Shi Tong. No-one really knew why the city had remained vacant for so long, but everyone was only too well aware that any invading force would bring about potential despair for the populace. Most people were doing everything they could to pass the time and improve things whilst they waited for the inevitable sight of an army marching through the city.

One such individual was a local of Quni, Zhang Ze. He was as strapping man, with an almost shaven head and neatly trimmed beard. Like the city of Quni, Ze had remained a free agent during the recent months as chaos spread across China. He spent most of his days sparring with friends to improve his technique with spears, or training the local city garrison. His original plan was to stay and defend Quni against any attackers in a bid to impress which ever faction entered the city with his martial skills. However it had been so long that Ze had begun to get itchy feet.

Incidentally he had noticed several messengers asking around Quni and the surrounding villages for a young warrior. He kept a low profile for the first few days that he noticed the messengers, until eventually his curiosity got the better of him.

“Hey! You there!” He shouted as he approached one of the messengers. “You say you are looking for a young warrior? If you tell me who is looking for him and why, then I might be able to tell you where he is.” Ze was slightly wary of what answer he might receive. Was someone after Ze's head, or was there an honest explanation?

((For Chinka, (Chen Dang) ))
Zhang Ze 張则 zi měng​hǔ​ 猛虎 (22)
62-104*-33-34-70
Challenge II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid II, Rupture II
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

The scout happy that he had potential lead, was more than eager to explain why he was looking for Zhang Ze.

I am scout for the The King of Wei, Cheng Dang. There was rumors, nothing substantial so far, of a gifted spear man residing in Changshan. I have been sent to find this man, The Kingdom of Wei is need of such a person. It seems bad luck follows the Champions of Wei.
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

“Bad luck, you say?” Zhang Ze raised an eyebrow. “What sort of bad luck are we talking?”

Ze smirked. “Haha. I'm just jostling with ya! The man you are looking for is right in front of you! You say he is interested in my services. Can you explain to me a little about his goals and ambitions? Or am I going to have to travel to one of his cities and get in touch with an administrative official?”
62-104*-33-34-70
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

OOC: sorry busy weekend.

The messenger[ wasn't quite sure how to put Cheng Dang exactly but came up with some words quickly.

The Lord of Wei is eccentric to say the least. But he is a great leader and has currently taken the mantle of Steward of Chu. The Prime Minister and the King are working together, and building what is to be the downfall of Xiang Yu. His ambitions have been a bit unclear, all I can say isn't one to shy away from a fight, and to Challenge Xiang Yu must indicate he isn't afraid to challenge the state of affairs on a national level. I would urge you to come with me to Shangdang and meet with him personally. I can't say meeting with him will change your life, but it will at the very least give you an interesting story to tell.
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

“He certainly sounds like a big player in national affairs, or at least he potentially could be. Very well, I shall make preparations for a journey to Shangdang immediately. I shall make my own way there. Inform your Lord that I wish to meet with him.”

With that, Zhang Ze bid the messenger farewell and returned to his home.
62-104*-33-34-70