Chu Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Mardagg
GameBreaker

Re: Chu Provincial Roleplay

Post by Mardagg »

Wokimo wrote:@Mardagg
A General, eh? General Pang! It had a ring to it and it was certainly a higher position than Nanhu had ever occupied previously, even at the Battle of Bashang he hadn't been a General.

"Of course! With Xiang Yu gone it is only a matter of time before the warlords will set their armies in motion to gain control of the empire, yet I do not believe any of them possess greater cunning or vision than Lord Ma." he replied enthusiasticaly. "Now is the time for those capable of fighting to choose their side and decide the fate of the land."
''I believe that the coming council we will hold in February will be most important and if we can find a new legitimate heir to the throne it will be a gift from heaven. After this all ruler will then have to decide if they pleidge alleigance to him or fight against the one who support him.'' he then made a sign to one of his guard ''Bring me the Iron Helmet I would like to offer this to our new General.'' The soldier had over the helmet to General Pang. ''Your first assignment is to go in Yue and mobilise all our troops to move in Jiuliang as fast as it is possible to mobilise them. You will have the support from Prefect Zhao Ban and Marquis Fei Lei to do so. Yue now belongs to Tian Rong.''

Wokimo receive Iron Helmet (Mgt+3)
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

February 205

With the fall of Xiang Yu's Hegemony, the new regime of Duke Ma Dieu's Grand Protectorate found itself faced with many serious problems. For one, the troops were exhausted, despite the accolades they reaped from felling the brutal dictator king. They sorely needed a break from their heavy routines, but there was a lull in the complaints, for they were paid and fed very well. Then there was the issue of the other lords of the land, especially the vulture-king of Qi. At any moment they could come swooping in to catch the Duke of Huainan's forces in a recuperating state, which was exactly why the troops could not be sent home yet. Everyone had to stay vigilant in their posts.

Yet there was much celebration to be had, despite the harsh times. On the onset of February, the men and women of the new regime in Chu could be found busy, feverishly preparing for the coming conference of the Kings and lords of the land. Courtiers in rich array could be found cleaning and refurbishing what had been sacked during the chaos of Chen's latest fall, and progress was going steadily. The parapets and ramparts of Chen's fortified palace was already richly adorned with tapestries and banners that relayed Ma Dieu's supremacy in Chu across the landscape. Gigantic siege weapons, stalwart sentries and decorated officers of great merit manned the courtyards, keeping any sort of mischief in check and at bay. The gates of the capital of Chu were littered with construction signs and materials; laborers were busy installing more weapons and repairing any cracks and damages to be found in the stonework.

Many of Ma Dieu's generals took the moment to spend some time for leisure, leaving the more organized and talented ministers to supervise the construction works. Yet the Black Ogre proved himself restless; as he was no lord -yet- Xian Long Rui went about his usual business, scouring the land in the hope of recruiting more men and women of talent to their cause. Apparently he has a natural flair for attracting these talents, a very confounding thing considering he was an seven-foot beast of a man with a very sullen disposition at best.

Entering a tavern in the heart of Chen, the previously rowdy and mirthful place fell into awed silence. In full battle regalia, Xian Long Rui was quite the sight; twin halberds crossed behind his back, his powerful arms clad in black steel, he presented a fearsome, yet strangely positive force towards the populace. He was Ma Dieu's, and now Chu's greatest warrior, and as such was there as a symbol of might and glory for them to be inspired.

Xun Jiang's eyes merely narrowed, and he smirked. They did not know of his brutal past as a bandit yet, but he enjoyed their acclaim quietly.

Settling down on a seat, with drinking men raising their bowls and cups to his honor, the famed Black Ogre of Chu -who once roamed Chen's streets as a mere urchin- now had a place of honor in the people's hearts. Yet he was not there to reap their praises, nor was he there to simply drown his troubles in ale. He was there to meet a venerable old man who could aid them in the coming fights against their enemies.

He simply sat there with a contemplative look on his face, waiting for Hu Nao to arrive.

Closed RP for Charlemagne's Hu Nao!
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Chen. War ravaged and long since plundered of anything really worth discussing. There were still riches to be made and had of course, but none of that mattered to the old man who set his hand upon the cold wood of the tavern door. What he really sought, and only he knew, was nowhere to be found around here. But alas, Chen was on his way, and the young pup who had written him seemed genuine and respectful. There was no harm in stopping for a rest, and answering a few of his questions while he was about.

Hu Nao, veteran of the Qin wars, and rickety old man of seventy, pushed the door aside and stepped into the dimly lit tavern. The smell of broth from the hearth led the soldier to believe that someone was boiling a chicken, a matter that would require further investigation later. Surveying the room, Nao stroked his long white beard and took note of his surroundings. Mostly common rabble, as he was expecting. And of course, the foolish young man sitting alone and no doubt awaiting his arrival.

The venerable warrior often wondered why today's boys insisted on dressing like peacocks, in all their finery, despite nothing ceremonial actually happening. Nobody else in the room was armed with more than a dumpling spoon or a set of chopsticks, yet Xian Long Rui looked like he was prepared to face an army single handedly. A crooked smile settled on Nao's wrinkled face as he considered his beaten leather armor, worn sword, and deteriorating riding boots. Perhaps in forty years, the young man would come to see the nobility in such things.

Stepping toward the table, Hu Nao set his hand on the back of one of the empty chairs. He held the younger man's gaze for a moment, before bowing deferentially. "Lord Xian, I presume. I am flattered by your correspondence and presence equally. I am Hu Nao."
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

It was a rare thing for the brutal giant to pay other people respect, for he preferred to horde others' for himself infinitely more. But once the awaited visitor's winter-white beard and weathered face showed itself, the warrior could not help but feel pacified. Setting his own roving eyes on the venerable old genteel, Xun Jiang momentarily considered his own position, then stood from his chair, returning the bow with little grace, yet considerable reverence. "Master Hu Nao," he greeted, his voice suddenly gentle and filled with obvious awe.

There was nothing too conspicuous about Master Hu's appearance; as he expected, Hu Nao was a simple and kindly man, seemingly well past the age and disposition to frolick in battlefields. Yet his presence was one that tranquilized the Black Ogre's raging heart of fire. Only Ma Dieu himself projected such an equally calming presence, and even the great Duke of Huainan wasn't this natural, this thought-provoking. Here he was in the presence of a man whose experiences dwarfed even the duration of his lifetime, who had seen more things than he even knew. If there was one thing he very much respected and treated with consideration, it was a soldier with decades of survival hanging under his belt. History seemed to discombobulate around him, opening its gracious repository in the form of Hu Nao.

Settling back into his chair, Xun Jiang held out a hand to invite the creaky old warrior to take a seat. "You..." he began, his mouth feeling somewhat dry, and he a little bit ashamed to speak. What was it about Hu Nao that compelled him to balk with words? He had to steady himself, not wanting to show how excited he was truly feeling. "...I am honored that you took time to visit us in Chen. I am sure you've seen this place before, though, in happier times."

He raised his hand into the air, signalling for two bowls to be brought. "I hope you drink wine, Master Hu, but we can have tea if you wish, while we discuss the purpose of our meeting." A pause, then on to the gist of his own missive. He didn't like to make people wait, and considering his age, he was sure that Hu Nao didn't like to be kept waiting either. A man could only live so long for others' problems.

"To put it simply, we need you here, to lend us guidance, if not to lead us through these troubled times. I expect that you require nothing of materials, gold, wealth, glory or better arms, like all the others do, yet I am prepared to offer them still, if it does not disrespect you." A pause again, to mince his words in his tongue. Where will their conversation go? He didn't really know if his start would lead them anywhere, but any man of determination would at least try to stir the heart of their quarry.

"Tell me, Master, what is it that grand men of your kind truly want?"

Formerly:

Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Formerly: