Dai Roleplay Thread

Moderator: Game Masters

scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Re: Dai Roleplay Thread

Post by scorpion »

"I thought I might stop in on an old friend and get him off his rump for a change. But it seems you have come under some responsibility. Maybe you would like to take on more? I have started conscripting some peasants. I think the time is nigh that we began our own future. What do you say? Are you ready to forge our destinies as I forge Iron?"
Name: Sho Tao
Stats: 69-117-28-64-57
Skills: Challenge II, Charge II, Smith III, Yueshu II
Wolf
New Recruit

Post by Wolf »

Zhen looked around at his people and his followers.

"I have brought a good life to the people of Baotao. Yet there are other villages that are ruled by the corrupt and greedy. I would not be against liberating them, if only to create a better life for the people there."

He paused for a moment.

"There is another man of talent in the region. I believe he is called Master Zhao and is in control of a town across the region. If we were to expand our influence, it would be important to not get in his way. If he is good to his people I would not want to waste lives fighting. That aside, if you are with me, we shall expand our influence here."

He looked around again and pointed to the east.

"There are other men of talent here, waiting to be discovered. I shall look east for such men, I suggest you do the same (look for NPCs) and you should get to know the people of the area and let them know you (build provincial bond). Come let's the four of us walk and talk, if it is not too much for you master Yong?"

Dai bowed and the four men began to walk for a bit, with half of the people of the village walking back and the other half following behind.
Name: Cheng Zhen
Gold: 150
69-19-69-75-64
Confuse II, Politician II, Volley II, Discipline II, Jeer II
scorpion
Captain
Location: Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.

Post by scorpion »

"Perhaps I shall. We can begin our arrangements in a months time. My arrangements will be made for now. Are there any other contacts that you would like to notify?"
chandler_19
Major

Post by chandler_19 »

RHEBERT wrote:
chandler_19 wrote:Rumors around Juzhu were telling the arrival of a man of reknown for his intelligence and his judgment. Zhao Liu was informed that a long forgotten friend was seeking a meeting with him in a nearby park. Intrigue and curious, Zhao Liu decided to show up. Zhao Liu approached the new comer. Despite the years passed since their last meeting, he had know problem to recognize the ghost from his past.

Zhao Liu Sun Chao, my friend! Greeting!!! What is bringing you around here????

Zhao Liu bowed respectfully for his friend.
Sun Chao returned the favor bowing for his friend too.

"I heard that you have manage to seize power of this small town with your influence. I have come to see if it was true. To my delight, it is?"

"Do you need help?"
Surprised by the straightforward question of Sun Chao, Zhao Liu replied.

Zhao Liu Dear friend, it will be a pleasure having you by my side trying to liberate the people against tyranny and corruption. But for the time being, we need to accomplish great things our separates ways for the moment.
Zhao Liu ; 80-63-40-87-44
Aid, Civil Admin III, Instructor II, Military Administrator II, Smith II, Sortie
Item : none

http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 06#p177306
Wolf
New Recruit

Post by Wolf »

Zhen nodded his head and thought for a moment.

"I don't know anyone else in the region so local contacts would be out. There are a few other people I have met over the course of my travels, perhaps I will contact a few of them but for now I think our small band is for the best."
Name: Cheng Zhen
Gold: 150
69-19-69-75-64
Confuse II, Politician II, Volley II, Discipline II, Jeer II
scorpion
Captain

Post by scorpion »

Sho Tao was working at his forge in Dai to help himself relax and concentrate. He always enjoyed his work and today was no different. Troubled times were brewing. And he knew what needed to be done. After completing his latest work and quenching the blade for the last time. He began his clean up and asked that his wife come into his office. He sat down and asked her to write up some letters because he was dirty from the soot and his writing was poor. Not that he was illiterate, but you would think so from the way he wrote. He could craft a sword from a bent piece of scrap, but his symbols needed some work that he didn't quite find time for. His wife got to the office after bringing him a sandwich (OOC: YEAH!) and sat down to begin writing. While he spoke, she had no problem keeping up and correcting him if she thought his dialog needed some tweaking. As he spoke, he paused to bite is sandwich and realized he got soot on it. He looked at it and shrugged and then went back to eating it. Soot and all. (OOC: Thats called scoring man points.) After the letters were completed, he sent them out to all of the distinguished men and women in the area. It was due time to make something of this divided province. And he would soon see who was with him, or against him. He set the date for the meeting for exactly one week from now. Rooms would be available for early arrivals and all would be welcome to stay for a few days at his estates before returning home.

(PMs are being sent to those residing in the Dai province. Open RP for all that choose to join here.)
edit: if i cant find you and you reside in dai, you are still welcome even without a letter. I dont know every username to character name so its hard to find u >_<
scorpion
Captain

Post by scorpion »

Sorry, double posts!

Sho Tao had gathered the men of stature and influence from all over Dai and even a few from farther south. He had rooms available for his distinguished guests but he had yet to fully meet them. The council was soon to start as he entered his offices that he had transformed into a council chamber. His wife had set up the room to look comfortable yet still have utility. The chairs were cushioned and the table was large and set with a small arrangement of fruit and wine for now. There may be a feast after the talks if all went well. Tao took his seat at the head of the table at the far end of the room. He awaited the arrival of his guests to start the council and arrange for the talks to begin.

(OOC: You can either have already had a guest room and come down for the meeting or arrive at a very fortuitous time to begin. Once again, anything said will be heard by any who attend even if you show up late. Unless you want to RP it otherwise.)
JG Chan
Officer

Post by JG Chan »

Yin Mountains

Shu'er sat down on the large boulder with a soft 'Oof!', stretching languidly. The mountain air was cool, but with spring coming along it was more than bearable. Her cabinet and a sack full of freshly-gathered herbs rested at her side as she took a break on the sunlit mountainside, in these lands that could only barely be considered Qin territory. To the north, sections of the Great Wall were visible, causing a slight clouding of the young woman's eyes. Perhaps one day she might even go and see what's beyond them, once everything was over...

She sighed, and one hand reached idly for a knife concealed in her belt. "You know, I'm not here to hurt anyone, but please don't sneak around behind me," she called out, turning around to look at a small rock formation. From the clumsily-muted sounds, it was pretty clear that it was a person and not an animal hiding nearby. Still, that certainty didn't stop her from blinking several times when it was a small girl who emerged from the rocks, clad in strange clothing and a suspicious expression, and holding a hatchet.

"...Are you lost, little girl?" Shu'er asked after a moment. Getting only a glare in return, she smiled, swiveling around to face the strange girl with her hands open and empty. "What are you doing here?" she asked again, more solicitously this time. Maybe she was separated from her parents, and just scared.

Once more there was no response, so Shu'er reached into her bags and pulled out a couple of steamed buns she had bought before coming here. Holding them out to the girl, she giggled when a growling stomach was the response, and the girl came up to her, slowly, with a cutely mortified expression. Once satisfied that there was no danger, she took the buns and ate ravenously, while Shu'er sat next to her, just watching with a smile and wondering who her unexpected new acquaintance really was...
Yue Dingtian 岳顶天 (60)
84-86-45-60-38
Charge, Dash II, Discipline II, Faze II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Raid II, Wall
Tu Shu'er 屠淑儿
JG Chan
Officer

Post by JG Chan »

Southeast Dai Province, separate RP

Now firmly back in populated territory, Shu'er leaned against the columns of the small pavillion, taking advantage of the shade on that sunny day. The pavillion itself was probably a leisure spot built by some administrator or other during the Qin, rather than by the significantly busier populace, but since it was there and no one complained about it, it made a good spot for her to set up her stand. The wooden cabinet was nicely cool to the touch, and it was a comfortable place for clients to visit as well as when she was just waiting.

This was one of those periods of free time, and Shu'er spent it sitting on the railing of the pavillion, reviewing her notes. The young woman cut a striking and noticeable figure in her bright red clothing, a look of concentration on her face as she held the unrolled bamboo strips in her lap.
Yue Dingtian 岳顶天 (60)
84-86-45-60-38
Charge, Dash II, Discipline II, Faze II, Instructor II, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Raid II, Wall
Tu Shu'er 屠淑儿
chandler_19
Major

Post by chandler_19 »

scorpion wrote:Sorry, double posts!

Sho Tao had gathered the men of stature and influence from all over Dai and even a few from farther south. He had rooms available for his distinguished guests but he had yet to fully meet them. The council was soon to start as he entered his offices that he had transformed into a council chamber. His wife had set up the room to look comfortable yet still have utility. The chairs were cushioned and the table was large and set with a small arrangement of fruit and wine for now. There may be a feast after the talks if all went well. Tao took his seat at the head of the table at the far end of the room. He awaited the arrival of his guests to start the council and arrange for the talks to begin.

(OOC: You can either have already had a guest room and come down for the meeting or arrive at a very fortuitous time to begin. Once again, anything said will be heard by any who attend even if you show up late. Unless you want to RP it otherwise.)
Eleven mounted men arrived in the village where Sho Tao's estate was built. Zhao Liu, the leader of the group, knew little about Sho Tao, except from the facts gathered in the letter, he received from him. Rumors were telling that Sho Tao was an extraordinary blacksmith and that the estate was the fruit of his labor. All the men were dressed in ceremonial armor and were wearing sword. Arriving near the estate, Zhao Liu dismonted his mount and approached the guards.

Zhao LiuI am Zhao Liu, mayor of Juzhu. Here is my invitation! I come in peace. These are my guards for the travel.

Zhao Liu gave the letter to the guards.
Zhao Liu ; 80-63-40-87-44
Aid, Civil Admin III, Instructor II, Military Administrator II, Smith II, Sortie
Item : none

http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 06#p177306