Administrator

Henan Provincial Roleplay

Post by ann »

For roleplay in Henan.
osiris
Major

Re: Henan Provincial Roleplay

Post by osiris »

A boy and a young man stepped into the outer limits of Xingyang. The young man and the boy carefully stepped through rubble to reach the city street. They began to stroll through the devastation. The boy seemed to nod disapprovingly at the sight of everything. Large manors, scorched in parts. Hapless citizens roaming about like zombies. It all upset both of their senses.

They reached the large ruins of the old palace. They both ground to a halt as they reached it. The boy looked down sorrowfully, while the young man stared straight on at the atrocity. The young man was named Xuan, and wore leather armor. The boy's name was Baiping, and he wore the robe of a civil servant. Baiping rubbed his brow sorrowfully.
"This is the result of war." Xuan said regretfully.
"Well they didn't have to go and destroy everything!" Baiping exclaimed futilely, "They could have occupied the town, governed it, not destroyed it. This is wrong."
"This is why you may want to avoid joining the Chu."
"I don't think we can make that judgement." he said definitively, "Perhaps Xiang Yu's soldeir's simply spun out of his control and did this. Armies are hard to master."
Suddenly, a voice interjected and both men turned their heads.

((Open RP))
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Fasho Baipan zi Xinrichu 60-39-42-71-90
Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
Followers: Shun Xuan(22) 56-38-70-60-45 skills in OI
Cheng Linpeng(36) 49-64-70-77-75 skills in OI
Yang Jian(17) 50-54-58-76-67 skills in OI
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

OOooooooSSIIII

"When you served in the army with the prospects that you may die anytime... would you still care about morality and civilities?" A woman spoke. "These men had to fight against their own sanity seeing so many deaths, their friends, comrades and enemies alike. These images would have to stick with them for a long time. Wanton destroying on things are just a small measure of venting their frustration, and probably a self preservation of their sanity." The woman shrugged and she leaped off from one of the fallen pillars.
Qian Yen (千眼) (26) 60-71*-89*-65-50 | Confuse II, Gongshu II, Poison II, Spy II

[暗兵]
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Seewichai wrote:OOooooooSSIIII

"When you served in the army with the prospects that you may die anytime... would you still care about morality and civilities?" A woman spoke. "These men had to fight against their own sanity seeing so many deaths, their friends, comrades and enemies alike. These images would have to stick with them for a long time. Wanton destroying on things are just a small measure of venting their frustration, and probably a self preservation of their sanity." The woman shrugged and she leaped off from one of the fallen pillars.
Xuan felt a bad vibe from this person and tensed up a little. "Who are you?" he asked quickly.
Then the boy stepped forward. He looked young, and quite unexperienced, but attractive no less. He smiled and intervened quickly, "Father Xuan, let us not be so hasty, for our speed may be construed as rudeness." He said looking with interest at this person who struck up conversation with them. "Greetings, I am Fasho Baipan of Yuan, though I currently reside in Luo Yang." He bowed smoothly, "And at my side is my adopted father, Shun Xuan. What you say intrigues me. Certainly, every soldier has a breaking point, and the military life is a trying one, but a good commander should ideally be capable of maintaining discipline in even more worn troops, or at least they should foresee when their soldiers will break, and withhold them until discipline returns. The duty of any benign benefactor is to restrict the inherently evil and human desires, if they fail at that, then they failed at their occupation,l at least for that brief moment."

Baipain raised an eyebrow and sharply said, "Besides, if the scarring of a warrior is deep, then the scars they place upon those unadjusted to combat no doubt cuts very deep.This charred building alone will lead to the rise of many heroes and the death of many others. The propaganda value of this feat alone is so great that Liu Bang can no doubt exploit it, if not hundreds of other minor lords.. If this venting, then it is best somethings are kept repressed, would you not agree?" He inquired pleasantly, cocking his head slightly to the left.
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

The woman nodded her head and clapped her hands, "My oh my, a young boy but holds the wisdom of a aged scholar." She stretched herself exposing the long black streaks of intricate tattoo design that runs around her neck. "You are right in some parts about a commander's duty to hold the men at bay in a captured city. However, the commander would be forced into a difficult situation. One is to hold the men back but risking a mutiny from the men which will cost the commander's life as well. Or the commander let his men released their... 'stress' which the commander will see the return of sanity back to his men, renewed loyalty and perhaps many more." The woman paced and looked around the hall and stopped.

"Perhaps what you had spoke of, is best used in a situation where a united kingdom fighting a battle with bandits, invaders or external enemies. Unfortuantely what is happening now here, isn't that case." The woman sighed and shakes her head patronisingly.

[暗兵]
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xinrichu reddened a little at the compliment. Xuan spoke up. He was more clam, and spoke in a more matter of fact tone. He did not use inflections, or even seemed that interested in the whole thing, "Yeah sure, if you don't let your soldiers pillage here an there, they may rebel, but you stop things at a point. Soldiers will always be keen to rape and pillage. They have a desire to take from their enemy, destroy, not so much. Look at that pile of rubble. It is the work of organization. Otherwise they would have just looted the place, not destroy it." Xuan looked up at the woman, "But more importantly, we still have yet to hear your name." He said with crossed arms.

Xinrichu then began to speak, "Thank you for the compliment miss. As for the other matter, planned or not, peace or war, certain travesties should not be committed unless absolutely necessary. This city is large. The soldiers could have satisfied themselves with razing other sections of the city, this was unnecessary damage, one which the people have to pay for, and one which will no doubt result in countless propaganda losses for Xiang Yu. Certainly, in times when brother fights against brother to unit the land, more travesties shall be committed, but the moment such horrors are allowed to become the norm is the moment our nation disintegrates and the norther tribes break through the wall." He spoke with a flare and confidence, yet perhaps over zealously.

Age 14
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Qian Yen glances over her head at the older man for a good few seconds before turning her body to face him. With an elaborate bow, "I do not have a name but people who knows me as 'Qian Yen', my lord." With a smile, Qian Yen straightened her body and continue, "Looting is simply taking away while destroying something is a good form of releasing tension that is pent up in you for a long time. But I rest my case on this subject of the justification of destroying properties."

Qian Yen strutted around and continue to look at the debris of the former hall, kicking away some of the fallen beams and items. "As a matter of fact... the world is already disintegrates isn't it?"

[暗兵]
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xuan raised an eyebrow, and said in a calm, but suspicious voice, "A woman without a name? Sounds suspicious to me. Like an arm of a shadowy network."

Xinrichu quickly intervened, "Well, Xuan lets not make any assumptions that aren't ours to make, lest we offend. We are honored to make your acquaintance." He said politely. There was this look he had, wide eyes accompanied with a confident smirk, as if he were ready to surround a piece on a Go board, as if there were something he felt accomplished for doing "Ah, but disintegration you say? Surely you have read the history books yourself. This is the course of the nation. After unity, we have division, and then unity once more. We are disbanded, disrupted, dispirited perhaps, but not disintegrated. In due time a new power shall rise from the ashes of the old and we will be formed anew. Disintegration will only come when there is no civility in war, and when there is no action in civility. Until then, this great land is no less astounding as it was before. But what is it you think? Surely this land will not remain leaderless for long."

Age 14
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Qian Yen sighed, "Unfortuantely, I do not have the same luck as you to be born in a good family, where you are blessed with education, abundant food. I only heard of history from words of mouths but not of the luxury of studying them." Qian Yen shrugged, "However, you are right that we had seen the lands united, split up, reunited again and eventually fragmented once more." Qian Yen tapped her chin, "Currently isn't Xiang Yu and Liu Bang both renowned leaders of today? But surely they would begin to fight for the reunification against each other soon." Qian Yen prodded one of the chest with her foot to see anything of worthy left behind. "So..... young master, whom will you be heading towards to, offering your service then?"

[暗兵]
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xuan looked at Baipan with a certain weariness, as if to say, "watch your words." He did not trust nor care for this woman, but offending her would do no good.

Xinrichu received the look with certain reluctance. It was at times like these that he respected his father and what he had done for him. His father was a disgrace, no doubt about that, and he disliked him, but he wasn't an entire failure, and Fasho Baipan would no doubt prove that. "I am sorry to hear that lady Qian. The state of the land causes many misfortunes." He said sympathetically. His adopted father cut in speaking with a little bit more zest, "This boy's own luck has not served him well, I am afraid. After all, I am his adopted father," he said, a tad awkwardly, "you see." Xinrichui himself sighed, "Yes, there is much misery to be had in the past, but we are in the present now."

He placed his hand against his cheek, "As for my services. Well, I am not sure I would want to serve a man like Xiang Yu, but I do not have much faith in this Liu Bang character. He does not seem fit to take down an empire, besides, I am not sure what use he would have for a governor such as I. He only has one city, which he would no doubt bestow upon one of his loyal retainers. Other lords have circulated fliers and the like as well, but none of them seemed worth pursuing. Besides, in this time of war, there is a lust for generals, not for governors." He paused then looked square at Qian Yen, "And what of you lady Qian, who do you serve, or intend to serve?"

Age 14