Henan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Rebel
NPC spammer

Re: Henan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Rebel »

Zhang allows himself to be led through the tavern at a leisurely pace nodding at this and that making a note of things. On the second level, he acknowledges the greeting awkwardly.

"Yes sir! Zhang Gus it is. That is I am Zhang Gus. Nice to meet you."

Again he follows the lord of Henan to the conference room and takes a seat. He nods at the question.

"Yes famed. No wait. Skilled. Yes very skilled at military affairs and battle tactics. But he isn't very famous since he's just starting out you know. I mean I am! I am just starting out."

"But uh..I have had lots of training in especially in administering large cities, training troops and planning battles."

Focus Tiochhgh, before you get thrown out of the VIP lounge.

He offers the lord a smile.
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

"Not fond of formalities aren't we all?" laughs Le along with Bao at the seemingly awkward atmosphere. Resting his legs on one of the chair he grabbed, the Don got really interested when the man speaks of his talents, and follows up where he ended his words. "This is excellent. Your multiple talents are much needed in our city. Say... have you been approached by others yet?" asks the lord suddenly.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

(Sorry..life's been bleh)

"Not many. Its like people don't care about battles and conquering or recruiting generals for that matter.In fact I was thinking about starting my own flyer distribution campaign to get noticed."

He chuckles. As if you haven't been doing that already Tiochhgh, he thought.

"So anyways this place..Henan. Tell me about it. You are the lord here right. How are things between yourself and other local powers? I am not quite aware of who else rules here, in the western part, apart from one Liu Bang who is further away. He conquered Qin or something."

"You're calling for able military experts so I must assume that wars will be happening soon, yes?"

He says with some enthusiasm.
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

After a quick silent and careful thoughts, Le replies.
"Of course, I can tell you about all the tales happening around here. I daresay our tales are as interesting as those in the east. Hann campaign just happened a few months back and the memories are still fresh in many minds. Also, I have gathered quite a deal of information about my neighbors, particularly Lord Zu of Sai since we are allies. So... yes, we do have a lot of things to share, but is that why you're here?" asks Le. "There should be more that I can offer and you're more interested in, like women, soldiers, battles, blood... etc... or money perhaps... those boring information gathering and planning can be left to Bao over here. Right Bao?" laughs Le.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

Zhang nods along before letting out a sigh.

"Too often it happens that a young one recklessly enters the service of a court before finding out that his lord - the superiors - are at war with all around. Before long armies come a pouring in from the north, south, east and west, the resources consumed, the armies gone."

"Its not that I fear a challenge. Its just - there should a chance of survival to begin with..know what I am saying? That is why I ask of your relations with others around."

He shakes his head solemnly before returning to his earlier cheerful demeanor.

"So anyways, tell me about them incentives. Money would work, shiny new equipment even more. How much are you willing to offer lord Bai Jia Le?"
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Le grumbles a little on the mentioning of money, initially hope that this man will be different has all but disappeared into thin air. However he made an effort to summarize and answer all that he mentioned. "Pouring in you say, that you do not have to worry. I make it a priority for my forces to pour "out"." grins Le. "In terms of survival, I believe the Bai family are a tough bunch. After setting up our base here in Henan, things have been overall positive. And now.."

Sitting himself up and resting his hands of the table in a praying gesture. "Now as for incentives, I must first let you know beforehand that we don't operate like the rest of the lords and kings around here. To be completely honest, I am confused how a total stranger can get an audience with a lord, with talks of their talents and capabilities back home fighting women and children, and hope for a large chest of money to come right out of the blue. No! We don't do that kind of deals. The Bai family only rewards people who perform and shows commitment, but since we're in need of commanders, I can give you twice the pay of an average officers around here, with year end bonuses. What do you thing? asks the lord, before interrupting with another sentence he just happen to think up. "Deal's negotiable but won't be far off that I would have agreed upon." ends his speech before Le moves back to his originally position.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

When the lord informs him that chests of money won't be coming his way out of the blue in this court, Zhang's face drops. Well, there goes your hope of getting easy money, he frowns. When Bai Jia Le finally finishes up he offers a nervous smile.

"Ahem..I can explain. About beating up women and children..well they carried sticks and stones, and have you ever had them coming at your throat screaming. Shrill deafening cries. Its scary. There were twenty of them. I did it in self defense I say!!"

He smooths out the lining on his robes quite proud of his achievements. Then he asks.

"How much exactly is twice the pay? I don't know what average wage is for officers."

He adds another question.

"And please..if you're willing to offer anything more, let me know. I like you Bai Ji. And I would seriously consider any offers you make me. But I need to know that you actually consider me more than just another officer. The amount of money isn't important in itself. But it does tell me how much you value my presence here...because with me..you get something out of this world."

He grins. Oh look, I made a joke, thinks Tiochhgh.
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Using the beating of women and children as an arguments for his example, Le was somewhat surprised for a few seconds at Zhang Gus reasoning for himself. Gathering back his composure and a little thoughts Le scratches his chin and gave a few nods in agreement, followed by a soft voice. "Hmm.. true... true..." Besides him Bao was doing the exact same thing, and looks almost like they mimic one another's movements.

The mood changes when Le hears that the man likes him. He frowns and everything in the room seems to plunge into darkness for a second, before returning back to himself, faintly catching the rest of his words. That was a bad phrasing of words Le thought, but then again he's not recruiting a diplomat so who cares?!

"Well, first of all just for your info the basic salary for most of us here is fifty gold, and I believe that's the market price used elsewhere as well. Hence, two times that will be a hundred. As for your presence here... I can assure you that you won't just be another officer around here. You'll be bloody unique." laughs Le to himself. "You see... the only commander around here is Bai Laoda, but he's sent from our headquarters in Florida, so most likely he gets most of his incentives directly from there. Hence for the moment you have all the additional benefits to yourself." Having a past experience dealing with a commander does help, Le suddenly thought to himself, before continuing. "As for what benefits I'm talking about... For example, loots from battles for a start? Also, I believe that since we're doing quite well at the moment, I can maybe give you a five months year end bonus, or maybe ten? If that can really make you feel special." finishes the lord with a crafty or perhaps stingy look on his face.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni

Rebel
NPC spammer

Post by Rebel »

"A hundred gold you say? Monthly I hope."

He made some quick calculations in his head. The offer of battlefield loot also piqued his interest. He was almost about to jump from his seat at the last offer before a thought occurred and he asked.

"Uh..speaking of that year end bonus, you are talking about the current year end..that is December 206, right? Just so I get this right, and don't misunderstand anything... how much and on what date are you offering that year end bonus?"
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

"Yes. Monthly for now." replies the lord. "The 100 gold daily subsciption are for officers in the family who have reached the rank of an underboss or higher." lied the man. "Regarding the year end bonus..." Le continues with his right hand scratching his chin. "For your case you'll receive it on the new year, and yes... next year is possible, provided you can overachieve yourself in within this two months... with the assignment I gave of course." grins the lord craftily.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni