Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Jiang Chao
Officer

Re: Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu opened the door, and expected Gongsun Ke by the ungraceful way he knocked at the door. He was unfortunate to be informed that he had to eat the raw eye of the ox. Having put himself on a irreversible path, Lu Shu went through with the ritual. Disgusted and nauseous, he looked at Gongsun Ke, while grabbing his arm. "Gongsun Ke, you have had your way with my town all day, is there any other way that I can help you?"
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31
Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Sortie II, Rupture II, Delay II, Entrench

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Deride II, Diplomat II, Politician III, Rally II
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu opened the door, and expected Gongsun Ke by the ungraceful way he knocked at the door. He was unfortunate to be informed that he had to eat the raw eye of the ox. Having put himself on a irreversible path, Lu Shu went through with the ritual. Disgusted and nauseous, he looked at Gongsun Ke, while grabbing his arm. "Gongsun Ke, you have had your way with my town all day, is there any other way that I can help you?"
Gongsun Kě smiled as the Ox eye was swallowed and then took three steps backwards. "No, no. We must now wait until the heavens give us a sign and when the spirits allow for the omens to be right, I will act as the voice of the gods and with your wishing bring Deng Suli's reign crashing down!"

Lu Shu has gained the assistance of Gongsun Kě! If you attempt to use Appealing to the Populace's Superstition attempt of Xuyi please note in your PT that you gain a +3% chance of success.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The Shadows [暗兵] - Conquest of Huainan, Aftermath

He was often stoic and composed, with a silent reassurance of confidence, of bravado implied in his actions. In battle he was without equal in ferocity and power, having the ability to send full-bodied men flying with a mere slam of his fist. His grip on his halberd--that mighty halberd of black polished steel, was incredibly strong, and it had been the death of many men, and an object fear for many more. The glimmer of his armor of black and gold invoked envy and jealousy from the common soldier, but it started and ended with that, for to even look at it with a hint of malignant intentions was courting a quick but brutal demise.

That day, however, he looked as if he was more emaciated and tired than anything, and not even his famed stone-cold emotions could hide it. It seemed as if he was sick, like something was eating him inside, and tremendous beads of sweat rolled down his pale, scarred cheeks to this effect. As they entered the city of Huaiyin, now under the banner of General Ma Dieu, he rode silently on his horse and suffered the weight of his unknown affliction alone. When one of the captains of Jiaoxi's Army asked him what was wrong, he didn't answer; he merely continued staring into the crowd ahead for a few more moments, only to turn back and storm out of the city as they passed the very next block.

What was plaguing the famed Xun Jiang, the grim Twilight General that day of conquest? It was not sickness, but more of a condition, borne of an unusual cause. It was merely disappointment, merely anxiety dashed against the irrevocable chain of a peaceful capitulation. Instead of getting to hang another epic battle under his belt, all the Black Ogre was able to get is an almost completely peaceful entry into the city of Huaiyin.

The last battle for Xiapei had done him in. While he has never been a stranger to the thick air of death in the battlefield, ever since he had cut down the foolish former chief secretary of that city he had been itching so badly to vent his fury upon more enemy generals, more officers, more prominent people to slaughter. The prospect of wading through a hell of blades and unleashing one of his own no longer appealed to him as much as it did before. It was as if he had become some sort of bounty hunter inside instead of a mercenary and a bandit.

The smell and taste of that general's blood had compounded his already brimming addiction, and as soon as he found out that the coward Lu Shu had abandoned the city he was charging out of the gate and flying through the provincial countryside, intent on killing whatever and whoever he can find. Blood rage was boiling inside his enormous body, and it was apparent in his eyes that he was in a state of oblivion. He swung his halberd like a madman, raging in his own silent way through the dusty roads all the way to the outskirts of an empty and abandoned border fortress between Jiaoxi and Huainan. In his mind he already had pictures of how he'd butcher anyone unfortunate enough to encounter him, and it drove him on.

Alas, the fortress seemed devoid of all forms of life, but as his steed's pace slowed down in exploration, he began to sense something in the air. If he was lucky, perhaps he would be able to find a few bandits or stragglers among the battlements to butcher to sate his starving mind of its unending call for blood...
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

A group of 12 men arrive near the town of Yutai where Lu Shu army was encamping. They where harboring the colors of General Ma Dieu. One of them had a white flag of peace. They stop when they arrive near Lu Shu army. ''My name is Cesheng Pin officer of General Ma Dieu, I have come here with a letter for your master: would it be possible to see him immediately if he is available, this is a matter of great importance?'' General Dieu gave him specific orders to return with an immediate answer: the nobility and the people of Xuyi work with General Ma Dieu to offer these terms to Lu Shu... Dieu has been told that he was a man of principle, a man that truly care for is people: if he was the man he used to be he will come back to Xuyi in peace and in triumph.
Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu approached the visitors personally. He looked at the officer with a blank look. He harbored many feelings towards the ones who robbed him of his homeland, nevertheless, he would remain calm and composed to avoid bloodbath. He bowed to the officer. "Cesheng Pin, welcome to my humble town. What message do you bring?"
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31
Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Sortie II, Rupture II, Delay II, Entrench

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The Shadows [暗兵] - Riding waves of change

Being free to wander around the province of Huainan had done much to ease the spirits of the brutal and monstrous warrior, who had taken the time to go about his passion of hunting bandits and wild animals for his own quarry. In the two weeks that he had spent away from human habitation he had managed to slay at least a dozen bandits and double the number of animals. It irked him that he couldn't find any tigers in the region, though there was a multitude of easier game, such as deer and boar.

He had been approached by Ceshang Pin -a known acquaintance- earlier during the week, with a letter from General Ma himself requesting for his presence in the town of Yutai, where their opponent, former Huainan governor Lu Shu holed up in. It was his last bastion in the province, and there was no doubt in his mind what the kindly general's intentions were. When he reached the town, he immediately saw Ceshang conversing with a fine and regal man, presumably Lord Lu Shu himself.

Dismounting from Havoc he approached them, with his halberd relaxed and his face straight. "You asked me to come Ceshang Pin, and I am here. What business does General Ma have with me here?"

Formerly:

Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu approached the visitors personally. He looked at the officer with a blank look. He harbored many feelings towards the ones who robbed him of his homeland, nevertheless, he would remain calm and composed to avoid bloodbath. He bowed to the officer. "Cesheng Pin, welcome to my humble town. What message do you bring?"
He bow with respect to Lu Shu before he answers: ''General Ma Dieu prepared this sealed letter with the nobility and the people of Xuyi. I am myself not aware of the full content of this letter, but General Ma Dieu gave me specific order to return with an answer. I am at your service and I could remain here until the morning if you need to talk with your officers before any decision is made.'' He bow to Lu Shu as he gave him the letter.

OOC: PM is coming
Li Dao Wen wrote:The Shadows [暗兵] - Riding waves of change

Being free to wander around the province of Huainan had done much to ease the spirits of the brutal and monstrous warrior, who had taken the time to go about his passion of hunting bandits and wild animals for his own quarry. In the two weeks that he had spent away from human habitation he had managed to slay at least a dozen bandits and double the number of animals. It irked him that he couldn't find any tigers in the region, though there was a multitude of easier game, such as deer and boar.

He had been approached by Ceshang Pin -a known acquaintance- earlier during the week, with a letter from General Ma himself requesting for his presence in the town of Yutai, where their opponent, former Huainan governor Lu Shu holed up in. It was his last bastion in the province, and there was no doubt in his mind what the kindly general's intentions were. When he reached the town, he immediately saw Ceshang conversing with a fine and regal man, presumably Lord Lu Shu himself.

Dismounting from Havoc he approached them, with his halberd relaxed and his face straight. "You asked me to come Ceshang Pin, and I am here. What business does General Ma have with me here?"
Ceshang Pin just gave Lu Shu the letter when he heard the imposing man getting closer. ''It's an honor to have you here with us Xun Jiang, may I introduce you to Lu Shu.'' He turned is attention on the governor ''Xun Jiang is a trusted officer of General Ma Dieu and a talented duelist: one of the greatest in China!''
OOC: glad to have your RP skills here with me :D
CLOSE RP with Unchained Phoenix
On a sunny day, 12 men approached the village where Puyang Shuang was residing. There was an army of elite soldier camping nearby and it was told that a wise and strategist men where commanding them. Cesheng Pin, an officer of Ma Dieu dismount and approached the captain of the guard as he get closer to Puyang Shuang residence. '' I am Cesheng Pin an officer of General Ma Dieu: I have come here to speak with Puyang Shuang if he is available, he should be aware of my visit.'' He bow with respect and waited to see the captain answer.
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Xun Jiang was a bit confused and surprised altogether at Ceshang's approach. He had intended to talk about General Ma's second consecutive offer for him, but it seemed as if he had been abruptly given another mission altogether, before he was even hired again: make sure that no hostilities break out that could endanger Ceshang's life. Inwardly, Xun Jiang shook his head; Ma Dieu has always been so direct with his methods, this time it wasn't even relayed.

There was no irritation, only surprise, and this was the most surprising part of all. Upon being introduced to Lu Shu, the gruff warrior didn't move nor make any sound. He merely turned his head towards the ruler of Yutai and made it known that he was listening very intently on their discussion.

Formerly:

Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

He received the letter, and immidiately opened it to read it. The letter consisted of a few bullet points, promising wealth and status. After finishing he looked up and Ceshang, and then to Xun Jiang. He figured, a soldier who had tasted the battlefield would be an honest man. "It is an honour to meet you, Xun Jiang. May I ask you, what do you think about serving Lord Ma Dieu?" He remained calm, although inside him was some fear that the warrior would eventually chop his head off, nevertheless, this was an diplomatic meeting, and there was little chance that the warrior would lose his temper. He also wondered what Ceshang would think about the matter, but refrained from asking.
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

He was a bit surprised again when he was addressed by the lord of Yutai. For a moment he appeared thoughtful; the question was a fair one, and unlike that other time when Zhefu's envoy inquired about the details of his service, he was eligible to answer because he was not currently in service. He looked down at the much smaller Lu Shu and huffed gruffly in answering. "Huh. General Ma is an honest man who thinks much of conquest and glory, but it is second to safekeeping his domains for the greater good. I find him generous to his subjects most of the time, and fair the rest of the time."

The implications of the question was lost to Xun Jiang for now. Perhaps Lu Shu is considering something in his mind, submission perhaps? The great warrior refrained from asking for now. He appeared to be intelligent and kind, this Lu Shu, and the type who thought more of the people under his care than anything else.

Formerly: