Jiaodong Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jiaodong Provincial Roleplay

Post by Phailak »

Lai shrugged.

"My brother only cares for two things. The thrill of battle and the people. Most would say those two things are in conflict, but he only uses war to help the people. Of course, I guess all warmongerers would claim the same. His sense of right and wrong overcome his sense of loyalty, or so I believe."

Lai was done with the wine now, sipping only a little to clear the dryness from his throat.
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu grinned at the Prefect's representation of his lord, "A warmonger huh... Such things have often been said of me and my King Shi Tong. If you ask him why he fights, he'd probably tell you because he believes himself more capable of leading than any others." Yu revealed. He looked at his wine cup, now empty, and decided to not tell the serving wench to refill it. It will not do to drink too much and muddle his wits.The only thing separating men and animal is their intelligence, and Yu did not want to lose that distinction.

Yang Yu kept his silence and looked around the bar. He did not know what else to say. Small talk was not his forte.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai had a strange gaze upon his face.

"Despite serving different Lords, I believe we compliment each other well in thoughts and manner. I could benefit greatly from your courage, leadership and tactics while perhaps you could learn from my experience and wit. We could forge a bond in blood, a vow to follow the other should our respective Lords fail at their ambitions, to make and challenge each other to a whole new level. Though we are far away from each other both geographically and in where our loyalties lie, that seems to be the only obstacle. Beyond the stability this might bring between our two Lords, I think it would be of great importance for your ambitions and my understanding of support tactics."

Though such a suggestion should leave Lai exposed to rejection and ridicule, he seemed quite comfortable requesting it. It made sense, how many great men let alone great commanders did one meet in a lifetime? Lai aspired to be a great commander himself, but he was first and foremost a strategist. He believed this would help him on that from should his brother Dieu need it.
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

As Yu heard the proposal his eyes opened wide in shock and disbelief. He looked around at his followers to see if they had heard the same thing. From the expression on their faces, Yu concluded yes. Calming himself down he studied the man in front of him, wondering if the man was serious.

"Lord Fei Lai... I think perhaps you had too much wine. What you propose... It is too sudden is it not?" Yu flustered a little bit, not wanting to offend his guest. A strange thing that is, worrying that he might offend someone. Just half a year ago he has been a different man, but he was strangely free then. Now, he held power and responsibilities few else in the land could match. Furthermore... He held the power over men's lives. With a single word, many died at his command. A power like that was enough to change a man in a drastic way. But... Did he change enough for this? Yu studied Fei Lai once more.

Just a few months ago, Yu would not even consider a proposal such as this one. He would sniff arrogantly and say that there is no man worthy of being his sworn brother. Now however... Yu respected ability, and he knew this man had much of it. Yet... There are so many things I do not know about him...

"While a vow like what you propose might bring our two forces closer together, it does not guarantee anything. If my King commands me to ride into battle against you I shall do so without hesitation." In fact riding into battle against the man will most likely get Yu's heart boiling, to war against one of the best, "Do you really think we can enter into a vow as such?" Yu asked pointedly. He has not rejected the offer, but many doubts plagued his mind.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai waved away such concerns.

"If there is something I know, it is that you must trust your instincts on such things. A vow such as we are willing to take would respect the need of facing each other in battle if need be. It is a bond of brotherhood to make each other better, challenge our weaknesses, enhance our strengths. Each vow a person makes has restrictions, ours would simply be our respective loyalties. We are not swearing an oath to end world suffering or the death of a common enemy, we vow to elevate each other's standards beyond what the land has ever seen. There is a connection between us already within a short time, such bonds are rarely developed within years, our meeting could truly be a blessed one. Then again, I am a man of emotion, of instincts. If you wish to consider such a friendship and brotherhood, you are more than welcome to think it over. Yet I am sure you must know, to be the best, you must take risks, cover your weaknesses, feed off other people. I have identified what I need to improve and I truly believe it is through a strong bond with you, all else to me is secondary."
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yang Yu listened to the man's reasoning intently, his expression unreadable. The Supreme Commander considered the man's words. All the while wondering why he is actually considering such a thing with one that he has just met for the first time. To rely on instincts, the Prefect had said. Those who knew him knew that Yu was not one to ignore his gut instinct. In fact, he has spoken for them often enough, declaring that one has to be bold, to take risks and chances.

Furthermore... The relationship will yield some benefits. Yu imagined he could learn some things about strategies from the man. He also mentioned that if either one of them finds their respective Lords defeated, they could join under the cause of the other. Yu had no doubts that their Kingdom will stay on strong, so that potentially means gaining the assistance of one such as Fei Lai under their banner.

These are different times... Yu had once told the man that is now King. In this times, we cannot afford the luxury that is great deliberation, it is a time of bold and decisive actions... 10 months ago he had spoken those words, it seemed like it was just yesterday.

FInally, Yu looked up and said, "A vow to strengthen each other, and to cover our weakness. I can agree to that."
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai raised his empty cup and smiled. He had not rally thought this through, should there be some kind of ceremony? He shook his head to clear his thoughts and perhaps a bit of the confusion from drinking.

"I, Fei Lai of Qi, swear today before Supreme Commander Yang Yu, that I will dedicate my efforts for his betterment, ambitions and glory. Whenever my duties to my own Lord Ma Dieu do not bind me to a task, I will spend my time to increase my brother's fame, name and renown. Should my own Lord fail in his task and I become liberated from my vow to him, I will seek my brother Yu to lend my efforts to his cause, whatever that may be. I would serve imitate his loyalties should my destiny decide it should be so."

With that, Lai bowed low to his new brother three times and waited to hear Yu's return vow.

OOC: Just for the purpose of mechanics, I will edit my PT to include our brotherhood :mrgreen:
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu observed silently as Fei Lai said the vows, his mind still not believing what had transpired. Everything had happened so fast. Nevertheless, he in turn raised his cup and spoke the words:

"I, Yang Yu of Chu swear today before Fei Lai that I will dedicate my efforts for his betterment, ambitions and glory. Whenever my duties to my own King Shi Tong do not bind me to a task, I will spend my time to increase my brother's fame, name and renown. Should my King fail in his task and I become liberated from my vow to him" Not going to happen as long as breath still resides in my body... "I will seek my brother Lai to lend my efforts to his cause, whatever that may be. I would serve imitate his loyalties should my destiny decide it should be so."

With that, Yu imitated Fei Lai before him and bowed thrice. Suppressing a sigh, Yu smiled and said, "Well then brother... I must go now. When I heard of my soldier's report of suspicious movements, I was on my way to take care of some administrative tasks." Yes... It had started as investigating a suspicious report, nowhere in his mind had he suspected the meeting would result in a vow of brotherhood.

"I pray that you will visit me before you leave the city. I await your presence." Yu bowed and turned to walk away. At the door however he turned around and added, "If you need me, inform one of the guards and they shall fetch me. May the Heavens bless you in your pursuit of your goals."

If Fei Lai does not stop him, Yang Yu proceeded to leave the building.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Lai seemed renewed as he gathered his scrolls.

"Of course brother, I will stop by before moving on to Jiangxia to see if some info can be found there. Same for you, if you need me send a swift messenger."

With that, Lai put some order in his documents as he bent back over the task.
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

She paced back and forth, the hem of her long silk robes flapping with each quick step, while staring at the floor and tapping her index finger against her lips thoughtfully. He was back in town, that much she knew, but he wasn't here! He hadn't immediately come to their quarters to see her. Had she really made him that mad by how she'd acted in front of the King? It's not like she could change that anyway, what did he expect of her? Or, she came to a sudden halt, maybe he was injured and that was why he didn't come straight away. She chewed her lower lip and frowned before flopping down onto the bed and falling back, accompanied by a sigh and a whisper of silk, she closed her eyes and continued to wait. Her green silk robes set off the gold in her sun-kissed skin, the white fabric with embroidery at collar, cuff and hem added an elegance, while the thick tie around her waist accentuated her hourglass figure. The waist she had always hidden beneath bindings and baggy shirts was no longer a secret but she hadn't left the room dressed as she was...she lacked the courage for that.
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II