Jiaoxi Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Zhao Ren
Marquis

Re: Jiaoxi Provincial Roleplay

Post by Zhao Ren »

Tian Rong was displeased. This was the second time he had been denied the glory of war. Indeed, in the past months, the only 'battle' he had fought was him trouncing his relatives in Chenggao. Growling beneath his breath, he obeyed the summons and moved to attend the Lord of Qi. Listening to the orders, Tian Rong nodded his head slowly, considering the command. The Shadow Guild... had they not raided the villages of Chu some months ago? Tian Rong grumbled his reply, "And so we intend to break the back of this Lord Ma." He mused a bit longer before adding, "Perhaps the penalty of death, however, should apply only to his officials. It would take quite some time to punish all individually... Yes, let us disarm his followers, but execute only those of rank, should they not obey." Tian Rong gave an emphatic nod to affirm the point.
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Zhao Ren wrote:Tian Rong was displeased. This was the second time he had been denied the glory of war. Indeed, in the past months, the only 'battle' he had fought was him trouncing his relatives in Chenggao. Growling beneath his breath, he obeyed the summons and moved to attend the Lord of Qi. Listening to the orders, Tian Rong nodded his head slowly, considering the command. The Shadow Guild... had they not raided the villages of Chu some months ago? Tian Rong grumbled his reply, "And so we intend to break the back of this Lord Ma." He mused a bit longer before adding, "Perhaps the penalty of death, however, should apply only to his officials. It would take quite some time to punish all individually... Yes, let us disarm his followers, but execute only those of rank, should they not obey." Tian Rong gave an emphatic nod to affirm the point.

"I did not wish to execute anyone, merely exile them. If they returned they would be put to death. If they resisted their property seizure they would be put to death."
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Li Dao Wen wrote:@OED

Looking at the pair with inspecting, preening eyes, Xun Jiang didn't mind how they reacted to his presence. Whether they cared or not was not his concern, he was simply there to see if this former man of Chu had more insights about some curious things in his mind than he seemed.

The big warrior smirked at the almost-too-friendly question, continuing to gorge down on the drink before wiping his mouth dry with the collar of his cape. His answer was probably going to be quite the cliche for the warrior, but there was no doubt that Zhuwen would know of this one. "Xianyang. I was there when Xiang Yu burnt it down. The rest of my 'service' was done in piecemeal skirmishes with Chu patrols and raiding parties." He quickly took another bowl of wine down without delay, the excess dribbling down the side of his mouth and into his clean, well-polished armor. It was probably more than clear to the two that Xun Jiang didn't care much for proper manners, or at least, not when he was in the middle of a drink. Such was the way of some bandits.

The look on Xun Jiang's face, despite the sincere interest he held for his inquiries, was dark and disturbed.The image of Xianyang's burning walls and wails of its dying people had left an indelible mark inside him, sights and sounds which he had spent many hours of sleep on. The level of hatred which he felt towards the king's cruelty and barbarity was well-justified, but not for the reasons which the usual person might expect. To him, Xiang Yu is an ominous threat to all citizens of the Middle Kingdom, whether footsoldier or general, peasant or emperor. Somehow he wished to be held in such esteem, to be feared by all as Xiang was.

He would be loathe to admit it, but Xiang is actually more of a goal in life than a mere enemy to be vanquished. Someday he hopes to exceed the man, in both legend and ability.

Tell me, did you serve that man for adventure, or out of loyalty?"
"That's it huh? Didn't seem like you had any much fun with your battles."

Despite being a womanizer and being loud, it seemed Liang Zhuwen was clean for the most part unlike the other warrior present at the table. This was not only to keep an attractive look for women but because he also cared for his own looks and decency. But it did not seem like Zhuwen cared that Xun Jiang drank his wine in a messy fashion.

"If I served the dude out of loyalty, I wouldn't have left now would I?" Zhuwen answered with a smirk. "I joined the guy simply for fun. I don't easily give out my loyalty to men. And to be quite honest, I wasn't thrilled with burning places down."

He remembered that during the arson, he had mostly remained out of sight and pretended to follow orders. Zhuwen did not mind killing people that annoyed him or were his enemies, but killing innocent civilians didn't suit so well with Zhuwen. He did not protest though, getting hanged for insubordination wasn't in Zhuwen's plans, or lack thereof.

"So, am I right to assume that whoever you're serving now supports the Qin restoration? Not that I really think that can work out mind you."
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

Li Dao Wen wrote:@ Kakirot

Lord Ogre. The title which she applied for her own personal use was something that he definitely didn't take any sort of offense for. Nay, he actually liked the way the words rolled out of her lips, as if her smooth, sultry voice was the only one in the world that could give it justice. He smiled inwardly, though he stayed silent for awhile as they watched over the dismantling of the campsite.

He looked at their surroundings, surveying it for himself as he paraded Lady Tai around, looking quite smug with her lithe, dainty hands wrapped around his gargantuan armor-clad arm. Their chosen location was prime land; it had natural barriers and is on slightly elevated ground surrounded by trees. She had done well to have chosen it, yet he immediately noticed that it lacked man-made earthworks that could deter onrushing hordes of armies and cavalry charges. In the back of his mind Xun Jiang imagined how they would fare if a sudden attack by some intruding army was made at the very instant. He immediately dispelled it, however, knowing that there was still a big task up ahead. He must lead Lady Tai and her men towards the safety of XIapei at the soonest possible time.

"We head for Xiapei immediately, milady. We can all meet the general there."
His arm stiffened at the possible consequences should he delay, his muscles flexing silently with preparedness. Jiaoxi was ripe for a very explosive war that could break out anytime soon, and he was going to enjoy the carnage. What he didn't want to see is Lady Tai's current entourage in the middle of the melee all by themselves, without the support of a stronger army behind it.

He looked down at her, trying to find her eyes as he spoke. The depth behind them made him shudder inside with excitement, but he remained unmoving and keenly observant on the outside. "Do you have a carriage that you can use? I will lead it to the city myself. I shall not have Xiapei's newest noblewoman traveling on a simple horse. If not then I shall ride to the nearest outpost to take one for you."

It was no overstatement; if she was joining General Ma on his recommendation then Lady Tai would never want of anything in her time of service. Ma Dieu, always the exuberant and eager one, would surely be thrilled to know that he had found someone whom he could actually connect with, and knowing how generous the good general is with his friends he didn't have a doubt in his mind that his claims would be fulfilled.
(OOC: Finally have some time. Getting back to this RP :P )

Tai nodded to the ogre, and called men over to fet her things, though she didn't have much.

"Indeed, we do have a carriage, though it isn't much. I am more inclined to walk, but that might take too long I suppose." She did not like carriages or horses really, it was part of the reason she usually didn't wear shoes. She liked the feel of the ground, but she guessed she had little choice in such. "Tell me Lord Ogre, what kind of ruler is Ma Dieu? I would like to know what I can of him, before I have the chance to meet him."

She wasn't sure it really mattered, as she had never really thought too hard on what type of leader she would join, it all seemed trivial to say the least.
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

@ OED

Xun Jiang's face crumpled into a moment of self-doubt and discernment at the warrior's question. For one, he was someone who wouldn't support a Qin restoration, and he was pretty sure that his old friend General Ma wouldn't agree to it either. For someone who had fought under the first empire's banner, he wasn't staunchly for the Qin; its just that the times of trouble which erupted from the crumbling empire's remnants gave him many opportunities to grow and become more powerful and he appreciated that.

One more thing bothered Xun Jiang about Liang's words. He didn't know that there was a Qin restoration going on somewhere, or was there really one happening somewhere? He took one more bowl in, this time with more finesse, then bent back on his chair to relax more. "I don't know anything about a Qin restoration, but such can only mean more war. The more of that around, the more opportunities for mercenaries like me. General Ma is a Chu general, but for now his plans are vague. I simply go with the flow."

He quietly observed the man's gait and his confident attitude. Could he possibly be a mercenary for hire as well?

@ Kakirot

He looked towards the horizon, where the setting sun painted a grand portrait for the usually chaotic general to enjoy in peace. A smile creased those hard features of his face once more as he delved into thought. Deep inside he remembered all those gentler times when he, Ma Dieu and Fei Lai would go about their juvenile holdings in Chen and dare all the world to assail them. Usually they came out triumphant, thanks to a solid bond and the great skills which each of them enjoyed. Now they were all living it on a much larger, history-making scale, hard-pressed though they may be.

He would never have imagined that Ma Dieu would become such a fine general in his own right, but perhaps that is simply how fate works.

"General Ma is an honorable man, but a cunning man nonetheless. I have known him since we were but boys; he usually acted as the leader of our little cadre, and he did quite a good job at it. He is very vocal and seemingly impulsive, but he is actually very keen and he knows how to appease the hearts of fighting men. He doesn't speak much; he let's Fei Lai do that for him. And he doesn't revel in bloodshed and glory no, not like I do. All he knows is how to win."

From experience and reputation, Ma Dieu was probably one of the best generals China had to offer. However even with that tactical genius, Fei Lai's strategic brilliance and his awesome prowess on the battlefield, he knew that they needed more. Much, much more. How Lady Tai would fit into the equation, he didn't know exactly. That was for him to discover, and hers to enjoy.

When the carriage arrived, he helped Lady Tai up, opening the door and riding beside it along the way to Xiapei as he had promised. A good long while into their journey, he turned his face towards her window and gazed at her as she sat. "Tell me Lady Tai, have you met any of the other rulers of the land? Can you tell me more about these men and women?"
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
LEGEND
LEGEND

Post by LEGEND »

The sacking of Changyi

Desperate screams for help and the raging flames from within the city of Changyi can easily be seen and heard at the outskirts of the city where Ying Bao and a thousand of his followers were now stationed, waiting patiently for their comrades to finish the deed. At the head of the mob, Ying Bao can be seen seated on a bamboo chair while his men stood attentively behind him. Yawning, Ying Bao took a short glimpse of the night sky above him and then back to watching the helpless peasants come running out of the burning city. All those that came close to Ying Bao and his men were mercilessly cut down before them without exception. Waving one of his men over from his side, Ying Bao finally spoke.

"How long has it been since Er Dang Jia and San Dang Jia entered the city with the men?" Ying Bao asked the soldier.

"It has been nearly two hours now, Da Dang Jia." The soldier immediately replied and stood beside Ying Bao waiting for any further orders.

"Then it shouldn't take much longer..." Ying Bao then commented as he slumped back onto his bamboo chair.

Just then...a loud yet weak war cry can be heard storming towards Ying Bao and his men from the front as a middle aged male peasant can be seen charging towards them with a hoe raised high above his head. Shouting all sorts of curses and profanity at Ying Bao and his men, it was clear that the peasant did not plan to continue living after this day. Without any further delay, six soldiers armed with spears immediately stepped forward and impaled their six spears into the flesh of the peasant. Gasping desperately for air, the peasant fell to his knees as the soldiers mercilessly twisted the spears inside him. But he was still tightly clenching onto his hoe. With his last breath, the peasant mustered what's left of his strength and threw the hoe at Ying Bao with great aim. "DIE YOU BASTARD!"

But to the peasant's misfortune, the hoe landed only three foot away Ying Bao and that caused Ying Bao's men to burst out in laughter. And...that was the last scene that was engraved into the peasant's eyes before he fell lifelessly onto the cold soil beneath him. Taking with him to his next life, a sense of failure. After confirming that the peasant was now dead, the six soldiers continued to mercilessly pull their spears out of the corpse before heading back to their respective positions. Ying Bao, on the other hand, did not even flinch once at the event that unfolded before him. He simply sat there indifferently, waiting patiently for his brothers to emerge from the burning gates of the city...
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

Li Dao Wen wrote:@ Kakirot

He looked towards the horizon, where the setting sun painted a grand portrait for the usually chaotic general to enjoy in peace. A smile creased those hard features of his face once more as he delved into thought. Deep inside he remembered all those gentler times when he, Ma Dieu and Fei Lai would go about their juvenile holdings in Chen and dare all the world to assail them. Usually they came out triumphant, thanks to a solid bond and the great skills which each of them enjoyed. Now they were all living it on a much larger, history-making scale, hard-pressed though they may be.

He would never have imagined that Ma Dieu would become such a fine general in his own right, but perhaps that is simply how fate works.

"General Ma is an honorable man, but a cunning man nonetheless. I have known him since we were but boys; he usually acted as the leader of our little cadre, and he did quite a good job at it. He is very vocal and seemingly impulsive, but he is actually very keen and he knows how to appease the hearts of fighting men. He doesn't speak much; he let's Fei Lai do that for him. And he doesn't revel in bloodshed and glory no, not like I do. All he knows is how to win."

From experience and reputation, Ma Dieu was probably one of the best generals China had to offer. However even with that tactical genius, Fei Lai's strategic brilliance and his awesome prowess on the battlefield, he knew that they needed more. Much, much more. How Lady Tai would fit into the equation, he didn't know exactly. That was for him to discover, and hers to enjoy.

When the carriage arrived, he helped Lady Tai up, opening the door and riding beside it along the way to Xiapei as he had promised. A good long while into their journey, he turned his face towards her window and gazed at her as she sat. "Tell me Lady Tai, have you met any of the other rulers of the land? Can you tell me more about these men and women?"
Tai had been lost in thought, thinking of the man she was going to serve. She was trying to decide if this is what she had been looking for or not, and was coming to no real conclusion. Her thoughts we're broken by the Ogre, asking a question of rulers.

"I had met Shi of Teal, to the north. He was very.....intriguing. He was a mix of blues and greens, but he also seemed to have black. He is a frail man, but that has only made him stronger. Sometimes, frailty in one area, makes people stronger in others."

She meant it. He was obviously doing very well for himself, and sometimes Tai wondered if she should've joined him when she had the chance.
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

"Shi Tong of the north." Xun Jiang immediately knew who she was pertaining to, this man of teal. Her recognition of people as colors was truly fascinating, and as he looked on towards the road he wondered silently how she'd see -or react- to the colors floating around Ma Dieu's court. To Ma's credit, he and Fei Lai would probably be in shades of red, as she had seen him to be, since they were far more passionate than they were ruthless. His other team, the Shadow Guild, probably would be the same as he, It made him feel better that he didn't intimidate her; if she managed to do that, she probably wouldn't fear any other.

His thoughts drifter further on to the man of teal she had mentioned. Many men in the north have dared hole up in their vast holdings and expand without much hostile retort because Chu was far more concerned with keeping the erstwhile King of Han busy doing nothing. He had heard that Shi Tong was a man who wished to be a king, but it didn't appeal to him at all. All the war in the south made sure that his desire for battle was never left unsated. However, as he looked at the woman beside him, he wondered if he had made a serious misjudgment in bringing her into the chaos of their war. Perhaps she would have been safer in other lands, where stability was far more rooted.

Nonetheless he had sworn to protect her and teach her what he could, and it placated him in the end. Within an hour's passing the afternoon sun had completely burned itself out, and the trees had grown even thicker with darkness. The Black Ogre, almost invisible in the dark, gripped the shaft of Twilight Mourning, ready to ward off any danger to Lady Tai's entourage. The men marched on with slow, calculated steps, some already sleeping on their feet.

He was a hard man, a cruel man, but he realized that these men were not his to command, not yet. Pulling the reins of his horse, he halted as he passed the word for them to pause and rest. He could still see the glimmer of the river to his left, and underneath the moon shone a tender bed of grass situated behind a canopy of trees. He tapped the coachman of Lady Tai's carriage and had him lead her there.

Xun Jiang peered once more inside her carriage to see if she was asleep. "We set up camp here, Lady Tai. We reach Xiapei tomorrow morning."

Again, he wondered if the night rendered him invisible to her, not for his black armor, but for the blackness in his heart and soul.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

Tai had no problem seeing the Ogre, as colors tended to remain in the night. She knew it would almost be like seeing in the dark, but it tended to only happen when she knew she was looking for someone.

"That is good. This carriage was bothering me."

She said it so matter of factly, and left the carriage. She had a tent set up for her, and she milled about looking up at the sky, as if she was searching for something, waiting for the silence to break around her.

upgraded627
Not-so-new recruit

Post by upgraded627 »

@Legend and Shams

In the city of Changyi, destruction was all around. Flames were burning higher and higher as they consumed dwellings and official buildings alike, equalizing the quality of all the buildings, that quality being ash. Along with the flames, screams of those being chased out and struck down were prevalent as well. All around, men, women, and children were being slain, none being spared except the women which were kept alive for the..."amusement" of the men. The mercenaries truly showed no mercy, living up to their name as the Sinner's Brigade. Out of the many men, there were particularly three that stood out, for they were directing the mayhem, or more like pointing various directions for the squads of men to head to. Covered with soot and blood, the leader signaled that they should head back and the other two followed. Making their way to the outskirts, they approached their leader and the rest of the men who had remained outside.

Li Xiaolong: "The city is ours, and soon will be nothing but ash. The men have taken care of everything that might be of value and soon there will be nothing left but ruins of this place." (Spits at the ground.)

Tsui Quan: "Cousin, perhaps allowing the men to have their way with the women is a distraction..."

Peng Xiahoudian: "Perhaps, but who are we to stop them from having some fun? Besides, when they're done they'll finish the job."

Li Xiaolong: "Indeed, I too had some..."fun" in the process. (Insert evil laugh. Turns to Ying Bao.) "Are you okay after that duel?"
Li Xiaolong (16)
72-81-31-50-56
Charge II, Faze II, Jianshu III, Raid II, Smith II
Followers
Tsui Quan (16) 78-67-57-59-59 Delay II, Diplomat I, Escort I, Artisan I, Intimidate I, Sortie I, Wall I
Tsui Yu (16) 57-87-50-50-64 Diplomat II, Gongshu I, Discipline I, Qiangshu I, Jianshu I
Hin Kixuan (16) 62-50-74-58-73 Challenge I, Gongshu I, Haste I, Maraud I, Smith II
Peng Xiahoudian (16) 69-53-68-51-66 Civil Admin II, Decoy II, Delay I, Intimidate I, Rupture I