Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Re: Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Zhao Ren wrote:"A fellow victim of the Hegemon-King and a friend." Mei Ji replied with a friendly but weak smile. "I am former Captain Mei Ji. I have heard of your successes here in Jibei, General Fang. Fairly impressive work you have done for the Prefect of Jiaodong." He paused a moment, glancing over to his horse. A frown crossed his features a moment before he mustered up another smile. "But that is not why I am here. I have heard you have much success with training and raising horses, be it your own talents or those beneath you, I do not know. What I do know, General Fang, is that I would like you to see to it my horse is returned back to health. She has served me many years, and I would like to ensure she is still well."
Fang Ai seemed emotionless until the man spoke of his horse. He looked over at it while the former captain continued to speak. "She looks a little old, but still in capable enough shape," he replied. "I might be able to help, for a fee. But what is this you speak of regarding Xiang Yu? I did not know that I had gained a reputation as a victim of Chu. Perhaps that is all I would have been if I had let myself go down that road."

He let out a small laugh. "This is not the first time," he said, "that a man has come to me about a horse and has called me friend. That man was Ji Bu, the general of Chu. I suppose you are not taking the risk he did coming here, but I would still want to know more about you."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

Mei Ji replied, with a brief smile, "We all have become victims of the Hegemon-King's wrath. He has saw to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, no man is untouched, especially those of Qi, where he massacred the men of Chengyang." Mei Ji considered a moment and offered, "By no means did I think to infer that you were helpless here, merely that you have suffered at his hands, much as I have."

Moving onwards, Mei Ji glanced over to his horse and explained, "She once belonged to a Xiongnu chieftain. I should hope that she is first among equals, having few or no peers." He looked back to Fang Ai. "This is why I have come, to see if there is anything that you might be able to do for her. I believe seven hundred taels shall suffice for you to see after her, will it not?" Mei Ji offered a small but sincere smile to Fang Ai.

"As to who I am, I once was a Captain in the armies of Qin, defending the north against the Xiongnu barbarians. I was tasked with the defense of the Great Wall after General Meng's execution by the Second Emperor, and remained there by order of the Chancellor." Mei Ji sighed, shaking his head. "I was unable to return to aid in the defense of the capital, not that my company of men would have helped."

Mei Ji remained silent a long time, his gaze faraway, clearly lost in the thoughts of that most tragic past. He shook his head once again and looked back to Fang Ai, asking, "What of you, General Fang? I have only heard brief rumors about yourself. It would seem that you are doing quite nicely under the command of the Prefect of Jiaodong." With a faint smile, Mei Ji awaited Fang Ai's response.
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Zhao Ren wrote:Mei Ji replied, with a brief smile, "We all have become victims of the Hegemon-King's wrath. He has saw to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, no man is untouched, especially those of Qi, where he massacred the men of Chengyang." Mei Ji considered a moment and offered, "By no means did I think to infer that you were helpless here, merely that you have suffered at his hands, much as I have."

Moving onwards, Mei Ji glanced over to his horse and explained, "She once belonged to a Xiongnu chieftain. I should hope that she is first among equals, having few or no peers." He looked back to Fang Ai. "This is why I have come, to see if there is anything that you might be able to do for her. I believe seven hundred taels shall suffice for you to see after her, will it not?" Mei Ji offered a small but sincere smile to Fang Ai.

"As to who I am, I once was a Captain in the armies of Qin, defending the north against the Xiongnu barbarians. I was tasked with the defense of the Great Wall after General Meng's execution by the Second Emperor, and remained there by order of the Chancellor." Mei Ji sighed, shaking his head. "I was unable to return to aid in the defense of the capital, not that my company of men would have helped."

Mei Ji remained silent a long time, his gaze faraway, clearly lost in the thoughts of that most tragic past. He shook his head once again and looked back to Fang Ai, asking, "What of you, General Fang? I have only heard brief rumors about yourself. It would seem that you are doing quite nicely under the command of the Prefect of Jiaodong." With a faint smile, Mei Ji awaited Fang Ai's response.
He moved to the horse and ran his hand along it's back firmly, but with the hand of one accustomed to dealing with such beasts. He listened, but in the meanwhile seemed to be just as interested in the horse. "The amount you say should suffice," he replied, "although I find myself fairly busy in these next few months. You could leave her here, and I would tend to her, but I would not be able to give her the serious effort she needs right away. She can definitely be saved; her ability is still intact... I can tell that much. October would be the earliest that I could have her back up and ready for you. If you can manage without her until then, that should be fine. If not, simply returning here in September would work, too."

He turned to him and let out a small "hmph". "A man of Qin, you say," he replied. "I served in the armies of Qi, although too young to fight many of your kind. My family raised me to be a man who would rise up and throw your burden off of us. I do not think anybody realized how soon that would come, or that our liberation would come at the hands of Chu.

"Yes, liberation." He laughed bitterly. "My family died at Chengyang. That was not even our home; they were visiting another noble family, as the custom tends to be. I was in the west; too far away to fight, no ability to save them. I have seen the destruction that the hands of the Hegemon King can bring. Xiang Yu and Liu Bang together decimated Qi for trying to stand on their own against Qin; because we were not so ready to bow to yet another suzerain. Chu believes they rule the land, but they cannot continue to have their way. Recently, they raided much of the province of Qi itself; this because the lord over Qi, this Marquis Zhefu, did not bow the head well enough. All the Hegemon King understands is violence. The people of Qi have had well enough."

He shook his head. "They preoccupy themselves with us because we are a state of nobility, of ethics. Chu is a state of violence. I do not know if the situation can be avoided for much longer. It is well possible that, despite any intention we might have otherwise, Qi becomes the leader in this revolution against Chu. The Hegemon King rules by fear, and fear can go a long way to controlling people, but fear can be overcome. If he continues to treat our people this way, our hatred may overcome that fear. If there is a revolution coming, it might well start here."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

Mei Ji simply nodded, allowing that gesture and nothing more to be his response in regards to his horse for the time being. Unlike Fang Ai, Mei Ji seemed to take more interest in man rather than beast. With a wry chuckle, Mei Ji replied, "It would have been interesting, to see how a war between Qi and Qin would have gone. It was not as though the state of Qi had much of a chance to defend itself properly." Mei Ji shook his head ruefully, concluding, "It is a shame that your people did not get a chance to defend themselves with honor. I can only hope that this... resurgence of the state of Qi under Prefect Shi and Marquis Zhefu can show the Middle Kingdom the brilliance of Qi."

Sighing, Mei Ji continued, "But yes... the Hegemon-King. He seemed a savior to your people, I suppose, only to appear as another tyrant. I am sorry to hear of the cruelties that your countrymen had to endure at his whims." His entire family, massacred. It was a sobering thought, one that ensured Mei Ji's stoic expression gave way to a frown. Mei Ji had never heard what happened to his own family, but it was likely his father had died in Julu. Such was the fate of far too many men of Qin, far too many people of the Middle Kingdom. Mei Ji murmured beneath his breath, "The Hegemon-King is a tiger of a man, a beast which must be slain for the good of the people. Would you not agree?" Mei Ji looked to Fang Ai.

A silent moment passed, and soon Mei Ji continued,
"General Fang, though we may have been enemies in some other life, had this rebellion gone differently, I believe that it is best if we are friends. We stand to gain much from it, do we not? Both Qi and Qin have been oppressed ruthlessly by the Hegemon-King, and we both seek to rectify the wrongs dealt to us by him. You seem an honorable man, and I have great respect for the many sages of Qi. Therefore, if you would wish it, I shall speak to whomever my Lord shall be in the West, advising him to avoid another conflict between Qi and Qin, for in this fight, we are as brothers, not foes. There is only one enemy to be found, and that is the Hegemon-King."

Mei Ji paused a moment before withdrawing a pouch from his belt. He weighed it a moment and then, with a formal bow, presented it to Fang Ai, saying, "Let this be a sign of our cooperation, General Fang. I thank you for agreeing to aid me with my mare."

Mei Ji has given 700 gold to Fang Ai
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Zhao Ren wrote:Mei Ji simply nodded, allowing that gesture and nothing more to be his response in regards to his horse for the time being. Unlike Fang Ai, Mei Ji seemed to take more interest in man rather than beast. With a wry chuckle, Mei Ji replied, "It would have been interesting, to see how a war between Qi and Qin would have gone. It was not as though the state of Qi had much of a chance to defend itself properly." Mei Ji shook his head ruefully, concluding, "It is a shame that your people did not get a chance to defend themselves with honor. I can only hope that this... resurgence of the state of Qi under Prefect Shi and Marquis Zhefu can show the Middle Kingdom the brilliance of Qi."

Sighing, Mei Ji continued, "But yes... the Hegemon-King. He seemed a savior to your people, I suppose, only to appear as another tyrant. I am sorry to hear of the cruelties that your countrymen had to endure at his whims." His entire family, massacred. It was a sobering thought, one that ensured Mei Ji's stoic expression gave way to a frown. Mei Ji had never heard what happened to his own family, but it was likely his father had died in Julu. Such was the fate of far too many men of Qin, far too many people of the Middle Kingdom. Mei Ji murmured beneath his breath, "The Hegemon-King is a tiger of a man, a beast which must be slain for the good of the people. Would you not agree?" Mei Ji looked to Fang Ai.

A silent moment passed, and soon Mei Ji continued,
"General Fang, though we may have been enemies in some other life, had this rebellion gone differently, I believe that it is best if we are friends. We stand to gain much from it, do we not? Both Qi and Qin have been oppressed ruthlessly by the Hegemon-King, and we both seek to rectify the wrongs dealt to us by him. You seem an honorable man, and I have great respect for the many sages of Qi. Therefore, if you would wish it, I shall speak to whomever my Lord shall be in the West, advising him to avoid another conflict between Qi and Qin, for in this fight, we are as brothers, not foes. There is only one enemy to be found, and that is the Hegemon-King."

Mei Ji paused a moment before withdrawing a pouch from his belt. He weighed it a moment and then, with a formal bow, presented it to Fang Ai, saying, "Let this be a sign of our cooperation, General Fang. I thank you for agreeing to aid me with my mare."

Mei Ji has given 700 gold to Fang Ai
"If that is what you desire," he replied, "then so be it. It would be an interesting day, indeed, when Qi and Qin would rise for the same cause." He let out a small laugh, then added, "Do not worry about your horse. I will take care of her. She will again be known as one of the fastest in the land."

He frowned slightly, as if recalling something important. "You say you are heading for the west," he said, "and have not decided your fortunes yet. Are you hoping to bring back the state of Qin? Or are your desires simply to assist your homeland in whatever way you can?"
101*.87*.44.78.39

Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

"It will be one for the history books," Mei Ji added with a quick grin. "It is only appropriate, in all seriousness. It is said, 'Befriend a distant state when attacking a neighbor.' (遠交近攻) Thus, in this attack on Chu, Qi and Qin are ideal allies, for our interests are the same, and our distance from each other keeps us from being in conflict with one another."

Mei Ji then cleared his throat and nodded, "But yes, you have my thanks, General Fang. I shall return in some months for my horse." And then came the question of what Mei Ji intended to do. The Flying General frowned and replied, "I believe the second is what I desire. My countrymen have suffered far too much in these past few years. I can only hope that I may be a hero for them."

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Zhao Ren wrote:"It will be one for the history books," Mei Ji added with a quick grin. "It is only appropriate, in all seriousness. It is said, 'Befriend a distant state when attacking a neighbor.' (遠交近攻) Thus, in this attack on Chu, Qi and Qin are ideal allies, for our interests are the same, and our distance from each other keeps us from being in conflict with one another."

Mei Ji then cleared his throat and nodded, "But yes, you have my thanks, General Fang. I shall return in some months for my horse." And then came the question of what Mei Ji intended to do. The Flying General frowned and replied, "I believe the second is what I desire. My countrymen have suffered far too much in these past few years. I can only hope that I may be a hero for them."
"I wish you the best, then," he said. "I will tend to your horse here, and when you return, it will be as good as new, I hope." He gave him a slight bow, and if there was nothing else, let him go on his way.
101*.87*.44.78.39

Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Xiao Gau~

Yang Yu's heart was filled with conflict that day as he walked the roads of Jibei. Before he had set out his Administration Office, a runner had came bearing news from the battlefield. Fang Ai had defeated Han Guang the report said, and captured all his officers but one who had managed to run away. This had pleased Yu, as Han Guang was one of the bigger obstacles in consolidating Jibei, albeit still not significant. On the other hand however, they had done so without his involvement, and that... Fang Ai would hog all the credit. This greatly annoyed the General, but he did not let it fester. He knew that the reason he was not involved in the assault was because his talent in administration was needed in order to recruit more soldiers into their cause. Yu had a feeling that even after consolidating Jibei, the conflict would not stop. In fact, it would only escalate. Yu grinned hungrily at that for it is within conflicts that he can find what he wants, recognition.

However, today was not about him. Months in Shi Tong's service had helped him see that he alone would not be enough to be able to bring his Lord's dreams into fruition, and he had grudgingly admitted that for that, they would need the talents of others. Yesterday, Yu had heard the news of one such talent passing through his city. Ying, known as a scout and spy of talent and abilities, once in service of Chu. Looking up at the inn sign, Yu confirmed that it was indeed the one written in the report, and wasted no time before passing through the door.

The inn was like any other, men was drinking alcohol and laughing raucously while once in a while directing a rude comment at the serving wenches. Some of the eyes went to see who the newcomer was while most ignored him. Those that did notice him quieted down and started murmuring. Yang Yu was well knows as one of the Commanders that had conquered Jibei, and the short time that he has been here had cultivated a reputation of a stern unforgiving man, actively maintaining the law. The murmurs grew and more people noticed the General, and the common room quieted down.

The innkeeper, a lanky men of middle age quickly approached Yu and said, a bit nervously, "Ah, Lord Yang Yu! What an honor to have you at my inn! Can I help you my Lord? I promise that we are not doing any thing wrong here." He added hastily, though he winced right away, wondering if he had said too much.

Yu waved his hand dismissively and said, "I hear you have a certain Ying staying under your roof, I wish to meet him." Yu said rather loudly, fanning the common room with his gaze.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Chou Yu wrote:Yu waved his hand dismissively and said, "I hear you have a certain Ying staying under your roof, I wish to meet him." Yu said rather loudly, fanning the common room with his gaze.

-=The innkeeper nods, and points towards the far corner of the tavern where a dark colored man sits with his back to the wall. A pair of wild looking dogs are curled up at the man's feet, a few gnawed on bones scattered between them. The picked over remains of a roast hen and a large bowl partially filled with rice sit on the table before the man, a worn knife stuck in the breastbone of the chicken. The man has dusky skin and thick black hair, accented by a well groomed mustache and goatee. Though indoors, he still wears his light scout's armor, though his weapons must be else where, for he is unarmed but for his eating knife.

The barbarian man watches the commotion at the door with a calculating expression, wondering why this man was here looking for him. He raised his rough voice and called to the man.=-
"I am Ying. Who seek me? You are unknow to me."
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu's neck swiveled to follow where the innkeeper was pointing, at a man that Yu had noticed before even as he walked in the common room. He said nothing at first, his eyes calmly observing the man in front of him. He had heard that he was of the Xiongnu tribe, so his appearance did not surprise him too much. However, as Yu walked across the room to the man, his eyes kept glancing warily towards the two dogs curled on the floor. When he was standing in front of the man however, his eyes locked at the Scout's, "My name is Yang Yu, the General of Marquis Shi Tong, and the Administrator of Ping Yuan." Yu extended his hand in a handshake.