Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiao Gau
Major

Re: Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xiao Gau »

Chou Yu wrote:Yu's neck swiveled to follow where the innkeeper was pointing, at a man that Yu had noticed before even as he walked in the common room. He said nothing at first, his eyes calmly observing the man in front of him. He had heard that he was of the Xiongnu tribe, so his appearance did not surprise him too much. However, as Yu walked across the room to the man, his eyes kept glancing warily towards the two dogs curled on the floor. When he was standing in front of the man however, his eyes locked at the Scout's, "My name is Yang Yu, the General of Marquis Shi Tong, and the Administrator of Ping Yuan." Yu extended his hand in a handshake.
-=Ying watched the man cautiously. Though he was a citizen of China now, he knew some habits were hard to break and his people were greatly disliked by the common man. Ying eyed the man's outstretched hand, but declined to return it.=- "Forgive, I shake not hands.

"Greet you, General Yang. I have hear of the Marquis in recent months. His power grows quickly and his reach great." -=Ying says, picking at his meal. He turns his gaze back up to the general, his expression hard.=- "Why you seek Ying, General of Marquis?"
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Xiao Gau wrote: -=Ying watched the man cautiously. Though he was a citizen of China now, he knew some habits were hard to break and his people were greatly disliked by the common man. Ying eyed the man's outstretched hand, but declined to return it.=- "Forgive, I shake not hands.

"Greet you, General Yang. I have hear of the Marquis in recent months. His power grows quickly and his reach great." -=Ying says, picking at his meal. He turns his gaze back up to the general, his expression hard.=- "Why you seek Ying, General of Marquis?"
"As you wish." Yu let his good hand fall to his side as he regarded the man with a ceremonial smile. It seemed like despite being in the mainland for what Yu heard a considerable amount of time, the man have not properly learned their language, nor adopted their customs. No matter... It was his skills that he needed. Not wanting to speak over the man, Yu took a seat across the Xiongnu and motioned a serving wench to come to his table, "Tea for me. Warm but not too hot that I won't be able to drink it right away. And whatever he wants." Yu motioned at Ying with his hand.

Turning his attention back towards his conversation partner, Yu replied to the question, "I am here, because I received report of you and your exploits Master Ying. It is said that you are a magnificent scout, and talented in the more... covert aspects of War." Yu said testily. Looking straight at Ying's eyes, Yu asked, "Now... Why would one with such a talent as yours would lay dormant in this province for the past year? It is such a waste." He then fell silent, letting the other man answer.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Chou Yu wrote:"As you wish." Yu let his good hand fall to his side as he regarded the man with a ceremonial smile. It seemed like despite being in the mainland for what Yu heard a considerable amount of time, the man have not properly learned their language, nor adopted their customs. No matter... It was his skills that he needed. Not wanting to speak over the man, Yu took a seat across the Xiongnu and motioned a serving wench to come to his table, "Tea for me. Warm but not too hot that I won't be able to drink it right away. And whatever he wants." Yu motioned at Ying with his hand.

Turning his attention back towards his conversation partner, Yu replied to the question, "I am here, because I received report of you and your exploits Master Ying. It is said that you are a magnificent scout, and talented in the more... covert aspects of War." Yu said testily. Looking straight at Ying's eyes, Yu asked, "Now... Why would one with such a talent as yours would lay dormant in this province for the past year? It is such a waste." He then fell silent, letting the other man answer.
"Ying has plenty, thanks you." -=The Xiongnu man said, though he made no effort to reach for either food nor drink. He listened to the general. His expression hardly changes, he doesn't even blink the whole time. After letting Yu say his part, Ying chuckled.=- "I am hunter. Of men and secrets. Ying were bloodhound for mighty Qin armies, and for the later Chu generals. I know not of this 'covert' word, but Ying can spot those things that are hiden. Knows I the secret of fire, and the mysteries of things that kill from inside a man." -=the old scout says, his expression dark. Reaching for his glass, he sips some of his unknown drink before continuing.=-

"Ying has soldiered for many year. Whole life has been conflict and danger. Why not lair up for a season of rest? Ying have earned."
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Xiao Gau wrote:[u." -=The Xiongnu man said, though he made no effort to reach for either food nor drink. He listened to the general. His expression hardly changes, he doesn't even blink the whole time. After letting Yu say his part, Ying chuckled.=- "I am hunter. Of men and secrets. Ying were bloodhound for mighty Qin armies, and for the later Chu generals. I know not of this 'covert' word, but Ying can spot those things that are hiden. Knows I the secret of fire, and the mysteries of things that kill from inside a man." -=the old scout says, his expression dark. Reaching for his glass, he sips some of his unknown drink before continuing.=-

"Ying has soldiered for many year. Whole life has been conflict and danger. Why not lair up for a season of rest? Ying have earned."
Yang Yu chuckled a bit at the Xiongnu's reply to his question. The concept of resting from the life of battles is an alien one for Yu. For him, it's his dream to be known as the most powerful commander in history, and for that he needs to constantly lead troops to war. Not everyone was like him however, so Yu said, "Perhaps you're right. Perhaps you have earned the right to rest..." Yu responded, "A season of rest you say? Well, a season and more has passed. You may have earned your rest. It may have done you good, but it is time to end it." Yu proclaimed, not in a commanding tone, but confident nonetheless.

"It is time to once more make use of your talent, and dive into the world of strife, of victories and glories. To spread your name and deeds throughout the four corners of the land; to show the world your strength and to carve your name deep into the annals of history." Yu projected his own goals to Ying.

"I came here to ask you to join your talents to the cause of my Lord Shi Tong. He is a man that appreciates and respects abilities like yours." Yu then waved his arm in an arc, "Under me, and my comrades, Lord Shi Tong has shown his strength, one that soars over all other warlords, and we are not done." Yu pronounced the last few words slowly but surely.

"Join us, and your name shall resound in every man's ears, and you shall be part of a great movement, one that will be known in the history as one that will forever change the face of this land. What say you?" Say many things about Yang Yu, say that he does not waste time, nor does he speak in circles.
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

"Ying already known in four corners of this land. Serve many years in great armies, kill many mans." -=He says with a grim smile. Tearing lose a piece of chicken, he pops the meat into his mouth and chews, continuing with a around the mouthful.=- "You be young and foolish. There am no glory in war, only death and sorrow.

"You put youself above you chieftain, in your words. Is disrespectful." -=the old tracker says. Collecting his knife from the chicken, he casually slices another piece of breast meat without looking away from Yu.=- "Perhaps Ying visit the halls of this Shi Tong and see for self. Perhaps not.

"Ying has no desire to be part of history. Have already been part of movements that changed land, under Qin banner and then under Chu banner. You speak nothing new for Ying, a life already had and left." -=He takes another bite of chicken, settling back into his chair. He chews in silence for several moments before continuing.=- "You may go, is what Ying say."
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Xiao Gau wrote:"Ying already known in four corners of this land. Serve many years in great armies, kill many mans." -=He says with a grim smile. Tearing lose a piece of chicken, he pops the meat into his mouth and chews, continuing with a around the mouthful.=- "You be young and foolish. There am no glory in war, only death and sorrow.

"You put youself above you chieftain, in your words. Is disrespectful." -=the old tracker says. Collecting his knife from the chicken, he casually slices another piece of breast meat without looking away from Yu.=- "Perhaps Ying visit the halls of this Shi Tong and see for self. Perhaps not.

"Ying has no desire to be part of history. Have already been part of movements that changed land, under Qin banner and then under Chu banner. You speak nothing new for Ying, a life already had and left." -=He takes another bite of chicken, settling back into his chair. He chews in silence for several moments before continuing.=- "You may go, is what Ying say."
Yu stayed silent for a while after Ying have said his piece, his face unreadable. Then he sighed, as if witnessing something that disappointed him, "This is a sad thing. You are perhaps known in a few regions, in some men's head. You have done some deeds, far from enough to even earn you more than one line in the histories, and yet you claim that is enough." Scorn could be heard in the tone of the General's voice, "To be satisfied with such achievements, I guess it was my fault to expect much from one who needs rest from the battlefield." He continued.

Yu was a bit annoyed with the Xiongnu's words about there being no glory to war. It seemed like everyone was saying that so much, that it has gotten plenty old in Yu's mind, "That statement only serves to expose your narrow mind. There is plenty of death in War, that is true. However, there are also glories." Yu started, "There is glory in taking your own fate, and the fate of the land in your hands, to fight an incompetent ruler instead of waiting to perish. There is glory in liberating a city from a corrupt magistrate, to free them from oppression. There is glory in hard work, in using all of your faculties to reach a desired goal. Those are the glories of war." Yu explained.

Yu stood up just as his tea arrived at the table, and took out a few copper coins, putting them on the table to pay for his order. Turning around to walk away from the Xiongnu, he regarded the man over his shoulder and said simply, "No need to trouble Lord Shi Tong. We have no need of men such as yourself." and left the establishment, cursing under his breath for the time wasted.

Disclaimer: Views represented by my PC does not necessarily reflect my own! Nor does the scorn he feels for another's PC extends to his player! Thanks XG! :D
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The Shadows [暗兵] - Searching for true treasure

Rare are the times when Xun Jiang would venture out to seek another man. Often these times would be on assignments which required him to hunt, track or kill someone for a certain employer; there simply had been no use for him in recruitment whatsoever. This is why his next venture, a personal one on a whim, was curious and profoundly strange, especially for him.

Word has reached Huainan of the exploits of this General Luan Bu, of his valor, his prowess and his dignity even in the face of certain death. While there are many other rumors about such men circulating around the provinces for people to cater to, Xun Jiang desired a real challenge, a man who was already tried and tested, not by rumors, but by a real genuine reputation. This Luan Bu has reputedly served under the fallen Han Guang, and had stood his ground in a marvelous last stand against forces much greater than his own. Even though he was a bandit and a vagabond -for now- he could not help but feel impressed by the man.

It took him five days of continuous riding to reach the province, and immediately he was set back by his first dilemma. He knew not where to begin searching for the man, nor did he like asking for aid and directions. What's more, he wasn't exactly inconspicuous in the crowd, with his massive form, jet black and gold armor, and that enormous halberd he always carried with him. When he entered one of the rural villages, people began to steer clear from him, not wanting anything to do with such a frightful man.

He entered the bar of the village, where the keeper almost quailed away at the sight of this monstrous customer as well. Still his duties required him to approach, and as he carefully and slowly inched his way closer, he stopped at the very first thing which Xun Jiang asked of him, "What can you tell me about General Luan Bu?"
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

From here: http://simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 32#p164932

Fang Ai nodded his head slowly. "Yes, bury him," he replied. "At dawn tomorrow, we will release the two of you, then." Looking down for a moment, he added, "I hope your journey is fruitful."

Luan Bu and dead Han Guang are released!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Li Dao Wen wrote:He entered the bar of the village, where the keeper almost quailed away at the sight of this monstrous customer as well. Still his duties required him to approach, and as he carefully and slowly inched his way closer, he stopped at the very first thing which Xun Jiang asked of him, "What can you tell me about General Luan Bu?"
"Who-ho-ho-ho?" replied the innkeeper, swallowing in fear noticeably.
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Xun Jiang had been looking down at an empty bowl of wine, not even looking at the man when he first addressed him. Now he were indeed looking at him, straight in the eye--and they seemed dangerously close to getting annoyed too. He was a man notorious in his home base for having a short fuse; unfortunately for him the Black Ogre seemed to be relatively unknown in the north.

Breathing once deeply, he repeated his question. "Have you not heard of the famed Han Guang, who died in battle here in Jibei the past month? He had a general named Luan Bu. Do you know anything about him?"

A flat hand laid on the counter, then clenched into a tight fist. Things were gonna get nasty if he answered with another unintelligible response.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan