Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Xun Xiao
Ensign

Re: Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xun Xiao »

Chou Yu wrote:Yang Yu sighed as the Black Horseman once again broke off into his rambles. How he wished that the man would just answer him straightforward, "I wonder if your style of leading troops is the same as the way you speak?" Yu pretended to think deeply and thoughtfully, "That may work... All those turnings and doubling back might confuse the enemy!" Yu said, not even bothering to mask his sarcasm, "Sometimes though, the straightforward method might be the best. Strike them fast and hard! That's what you said right?" Yu's grin had no mirth in it, not being able to enjoy the riddle like way the man was talking. The man was experienced however, if what he said about fighting for a decade was true.

"Protecting the borders from outside threat, while the empire crumbled from the inside eh? How ironic." Yu took a sip of his tea, his eyes never leaving the other general, "You suffer from a lack of troops you say? I assume that you have not been involved on any border battles recently then. As well as you don't...Right now, there is plenty of opportunity inside the borders, what with Xiang Yu's popularity, or lack thereof, and the regional warlords that have recently popped up as numerous as grasses on the peak of Spring."

"You are a general with no troops. Of soldiers, we have a plenty, more numerous than the able commanders to lead them. Despite your roundabout way of speaking, your way of thinking are not that far removed from mine I think. We might be able to work together..." And maybe, this will rid the need of Fang Ai's presence in the same army as I am! "What do you say?" Yu asked, straight forward, not bothering to coat his sentence with sweet words or subtle persuasion methods.
A look of surprise manifested on Xiahou Cao's face as he heard Yang Yu's sarcasm. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were mocking me! But that would require you to know better, which is a leap of faith I'm not yet willing to take. I mean, we've only just met, and you haven't even bought me a drink yet," reasoned the general, in so much as anything he had just said could be considered reason, before grabbing Yu's tea and downing the remainder himself. "Warm, but not too hot. Astounding, it's almost as if you had ordered it that way! But where was I? Yes, the mocking that could not have been mocking. I shall repeat it to be sure!" exclaimed the general, after which he proceeded to repeat, from memory, every word Yang Yu had just said to him.

"Perfect! Take note, master Yang, for that is how one asks a proper question," lectured Cao to the man whose own words he had just reiterated. "You'll get it by the time you're my age, I'm sure. I will save you having to answer by doing so myself. Though you have insulted my thinking by analogy, I will accept your most noble proposition! If Shi Tong employs men such as yourself, then as you say, he could surely use my talents," Xiahou Cao responded with his usual, disarming smile. "I look forward to helping his cause."

'Whoever knew Pingyuan's taverns were so useful?' thought the man to himself afterwards. 'Here have I been drawn, and here have I found the fire I seek.'
Xiahou Cao (36)
104*-102*-45-77-19
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline I, Qiangshu II, Sortie II, Trainer II
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Xun Xiao wrote: A look of surprise manifested on Xiahou Cao's face as he heard Yang Yu's sarcasm. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were mocking me! But that would require you to know better, which is a leap of faith I'm not yet willing to take. I mean, we've only just met, and you haven't even bought me a drink yet," reasoned the general, in so much as anything he had just said could be considered reason, before grabbing Yu's tea and downing the remainder himself. "Warm, but not too hot. Astounding, it's almost as if you had ordered it that way! But where was I? Yes, the mocking that could not have been mocking. I shall repeat it to be sure!" exclaimed the general, after which he proceeded to repeat, from memory, every word Yang Yu had just said to him.

"Perfect! Take note, master Yang, for that is how one asks a proper question," lectured Cao to the man whose own words he had just reiterated. "You'll get it by the time you're my age, I'm sure. I will save you having to answer by doing so myself. Though you have insulted my thinking by analogy, I will accept your most noble proposition! If Shi Tong employs men such as yourself, then as you say, he could surely use my talents," Xiahou Cao responded with his usual, disarming smile. "I look forward to helping his cause."

'Whoever knew Pingyuan's taverns were so useful?' thought the man to himself afterward. 'Here have I been drawn, and here have I found the fire I seek.'
Yu did not bother to hide his scowl of displeasure as the man took his cup of tea and drank it for himself. What an odd man... Yu did not think that he had ever met such a confrontational yet on the other hand, a roundabout individual like the man that sat in front of him. Almost unbidden, his foot tapped impatiently on the wooden floor as the Black Horseman once again repeated the words that he had just said.

Then, slowly but surely his frown turned upside down into a grin, as the man promptly agreed on his offer to assist his Lord in his cause. Whatever else this man was, Yu believed in his gut that he was an able commander, one that they would need if they were to expand even more aggressively after this. It could almost made Yu forgive the man's strange ways. Almost.

Standing up from his chair, Yu held out a hand, "Excellent. I shall send words of this to Lord Shi Tong in Jiaodong right away, he shall be pleased. Looking forward to working with you. Perhaps you could show me a thing or two about asking questions, or perhaps even of winning battles eh?" Yu chuckled heartily at that, his mood lighter.

[Post your information in Shi Tong's Officer Info Thread, and welcome to the team!]
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Tian Rui shows up with 10 men of excellent training. Looking for Fang Ai. Hopefully they find him.
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Kern wrote:Tian Rui shows up with 10 men of excellent training. Looking for Fang Ai. Hopefully they find him.
Strangely enough, they do! Sure enough, Fang Ai was at his stable--the appointed place--looking over his horses. He had 11 men of most excellent training in the area, although they were so well-trained that not even men with excellent training would be able to notice how well-trained they were. Seeing Tian Rui in the distance, Fang Ai waved him over.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Tian Rui sees Fang Ai wave him over. He smiles. "Hello Lord Fang. I hope that my horse is ready?"
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Kern wrote:Tian Rui sees Fang Ai wave him over. He smiles. "Hello Lord Fang. I hope that my horse is ready?"
"Indeed," he replied. "It is the finest horse I have ever trained; I can assure you that much. She is right over there." He points to a horse tied to the stable side a few yards in the distance. "Please, test her out. Tell me if she is what you were hoping for."

Horse (Atk+2, Def+2) given to Tian Rui per the previous crafting arrangement!
101*.87*.44.78.39

Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Tian Rui mounts the steed, moving and guiding her to see how she handles. He is happy. He smiles again. "Thank you Lord Fang. She is a fine steed."

Wheeeeeee. Horse accepted and confirmed!
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

Fang Ai, the White Lion of Qi, a renowned general and, if rumor held true, trainer of horses. Maneuverability was a pillar of many of the theories of war, Mei Ji knew this was true, and if he was to have any chance in carrying out the many stratagems, schemes, and ploys he knew, he had to be able to agile. While he had a horse for several years now, who flew like the wind, whose speed knew few equals, Mei Ji knew that his horse was ailing. Bringing the black Xiongnu horse to Jibei, it took little time for Mei Ji to come across Fang Ai's stable. Removing his helm, he looked about and called out, "Is General Fang available?"
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Zhao Ren wrote:Fang Ai, the White Lion of Qi, a renowned general and, if rumor held true, trainer of horses. Maneuverability was a pillar of many of the theories of war, Mei Ji knew this was true, and if he was to have any chance in carrying out the many stratagems, schemes, and ploys he knew, he had to be able to agile. While he had a horse for several years now, who flew like the wind, whose speed knew few equals, Mei Ji knew that his horse was ailing. Bringing the black Xiongnu horse to Jibei, it took little time for Mei Ji to come across Fang Ai's stable. Removing his helm, he looked about and called out, "Is General Fang available?"
The general was around, and casually strolled outside. As was often the case, he wore his full battle regalia upon him, although it seemed to wear naturally on him. He did not have the robe he normally wore; he had reluctantly sold it to raise some funds. Now, it was a fairly simple set of armor which seemed to be totally inferior to his helmet. He gave the man a slight bow, although his manner still seemed to indicate caution. He said, "I am he. Who asks?"
101*.87*.44.78.39

Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

"A fellow victim of the Hegemon-King and a friend." Mei Ji replied with a friendly but weak smile. "I am former Captain Mei Ji. I have heard of your successes here in Jibei, General Fang. Fairly impressive work you have done for the Prefect of Jiaodong." He paused a moment, glancing over to his horse. A frown crossed his features a moment before he mustered up another smile. "But that is not why I am here. I have heard you have much success with training and raising horses, be it your own talents or those beneath you, I do not know. What I do know, General Fang, is that I would like you to see to it my horse is returned back to health. She has served me many years, and I would like to ensure she is still well."
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."