Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Crim
Colonel

Re: Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Crim »

Desperate but never unbowed, Xiang Jun once again rode to the corners of the Middle Kingdom in search for an extra hand, a trustworthy general to lead his army and a pillar to support his rule. The fall of Han Guang had echoed towards Jiujiang and while Jun was clearly impassive on the demise of the hero, it certainly aroused interest from the boy-ruler of Chengde. If rumors were to be believed, Han Guang did have the luxury of an extremely loyal lieutenant to assist him; for this man, Xiang Jun ventured northwards, leaving the affairs of his fledgling administration to the care of Gui Changlei and Jin Mei Liao.

The journey was arduous, but Xiang Jun spared no effort to hasten the travel. Fortunately, his physical abilities allowed him to reach the region of Jibei earlier than expected. Without wasting another moment, Jun asked around for someone who could bring him to the site of the battle where Han Guang fell to the armies of Ying Ranzhen.
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Li Dao Wen wrote:Xun Jiang had been looking down at an empty bowl of wine, not even looking at the man when he first addressed him. Now he were indeed looking at him, straight in the eye--and they seemed dangerously close to getting annoyed too. He was a man notorious in his home base for having a short fuse; unfortunately for him the Black Ogre seemed to be relatively unknown in the north.

Breathing once deeply, he repeated his question. "Have you not heard of the famed Han Guang, who died in battle here in Jibei the past month? He had a general named Luan Bu. Do you know anything about him?"

A flat hand laid on the counter, then clenched into a tight fist. Things were gonna get nasty if he answered with another unintelligible response.
"Han-n-n-n Guang-g-g-g-g?" asked the innkeeper, swallowing hard again at the intimidating presence of the warrior before him. Licking his lips to buy himself some time, the innkeeper thought for a second before responding. "I don't recall much . . . was he the general who became the King of Yan and then got intimidated by the Hegemonic King? I've . . . uh . . . heard of him . . . he was killed by Shi Tong's men. I don't know much about his subordinates and such . . . There was one guy . . . who retrieved Han Guang's body and went off to Yan to bury the body."
Crim wrote:Desperate but never unbowed, Xiang Jun once again rode to the corners of the Middle Kingdom in search for an extra hand, a trustworthy general to lead his army and a pillar to support his rule. The fall of Han Guang had echoed towards Jiujiang and while Jun was clearly impassive on the demise of the hero, it certainly aroused interest from the boy-ruler of Chengde. If rumors were to be believed, Han Guang did have the luxury of an extremely loyal lieutenant to assist him; for this man, Xiang Jun ventured northwards, leaving the affairs of his fledgling administration to the care of Gui Changlei and Jin Mei Liao.

The journey was arduous, but Xiang Jun spared no effort to hasten the travel. Fortunately, his physical abilities allowed him to reach the region of Jibei earlier than expected. Without wasting another moment, Jun asked around for someone who could bring him to the site of the battle where Han Guang fell to the armies of Ying Ranzhen.
(OOC: It was Shi Tong not Ying Ranzhen)

While Luan Bu had been no more than a lieutenant in the service of the former King of Yan turned minor bandit lord named Han Guang, he had become famous for his loyalty to Han Guang and for his constant command of his lord's forces. And so, another had come north to find this former slave.

Xiang Jun arrived in Jibei, finding the battlefield where Han Guang's forces had been annihilated by the forces of the Marquis of Gaomi, Shi Tong, just off the coast of the Bohai Sea. There he found a pile of bodies leftover from the conflict.
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Immediately appeased by the valuable information, Xun Jiang retracted the threatening fist, then slowly got up from his table. He then rummaged through a pouch hidden inside his gauntlets, retrieving and laying a gold piece for the barkeeper as some sort of silent thanks. Without another word, he made his exit, mounted his steed and headed further north. It was going to be another long journey, but one that he believed would be fruitful.

OOC: Subtracting 1 gold from my OI for the barkeeper. Just to keep it IC.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Cao Chao wrote:While Luan Bu had been no more than a lieutenant in the service of the former King of Yan turned minor bandit lord named Han Guang, he had become famous for his loyalty to Han Guang and for his constant command of his lord's forces. And so, another had come north to find this former slave.

Xiang Jun arrived in Jibei, finding the battlefield where Han Guang's forces had been annihilated by the forces of the Marquis of Gaomi, Shi Tong, just off the coast of the Bohai Sea. There he found a pile of bodies leftover from the conflict.
((Sorry, my bad.))

Arriving, Xiang Jun found the stench of the corpses weakening his already spent constitution. Nevertheless, he went on to inspect the grounds, looking for something or someone who could possibly point him to Han Guang's burial site. In addition, this Chu loyalist would spend the next few days negotiating with the minor lords in the area for a small parcel of land where he can bury the dead from the battle. Next, Xiang Jun would commission some peasants therein to help him complete the task. Hopefully, Han Guang's former slave would hear of this gesture and seek out Xiang Jun.

((Please let me know the cost in gold taels of the above task.))
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Crim wrote:Arriving, Xiang Jun found the stench of the corpses weakening his already spent constitution. Nevertheless, he went on to inspect the grounds, looking for something or someone who could possibly point him to Han Guang's burial site. In addition, this Chu loyalist would spend the next few days negotiating with the minor lords in the area for a small parcel of land where he can bury the dead from the battle. Next, Xiang Jun would commission some peasants therein to help him complete the task. Hopefully, Han Guang's former slave would hear of this gesture and seek out Xiang Jun.

((Please let me know the cost in gold taels of the above task.))
It takes two hundred peasants an entire day to bury the several thousand bodies of Han Guang's soldiers. After finishing, the peasants were paid 5 gold total and soon scattered to their homes. After waiting a few days, Xiang Jun received an invitation to visit the gravesite of the King of Yan.
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Hearing the invitation, Xiang Jun quickly prepared himself and commissioned another peasant to help him ready a respectable set of offerings to honor the late Han Guang. Together, the two hastened towards the gravesite of the King of Yan. Arriving at the vicinity, Xiang Jun decided to visit the closest temple and enticed the monks therein to stage a ritual to assist the soul of Han Guang and his departed soldiers as they pass to the Nine Springs. In exchange, the Prefect of Chengde would donate a sum to help the monks maintain their holy abode. Assuming everything went according to plan, Xiang Yu, his peasant-companion and the monks visit the burial ground of Han Guang.

((Reposted at the Yan thread.))
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

Having waited for quite some time, using a horse from Zu Yanghei's stables, Mei Ji felt it appropriate to travel to Jibei to speak to Fang Ai about his horse once again. Seven hundred taels he had paid in a bid to ensure his horse was well taken care of. Mei Ji only hoped that it was a worthwhile investment. Traveling to the same stable as before, he looked about for someone to speak to, inquiring where the General Fang was and if he was available.
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Zhao Ren wrote:Having waited for quite some time, using a horse from Zu Yanghei's stables, Mei Ji felt it appropriate to travel to Jibei to speak to Fang Ai about his horse once again. Seven hundred taels he had paid in a bid to ensure his horse was well taken care of. Mei Ji only hoped that it was a worthwhile investment. Traveling to the same stable as before, he looked about for someone to speak to, inquiring where the General Fang was and if he was available.
The stable that the two had met at previously was still there, although something seemed different. Fang Ai knew to be expecting Mei Ji, so it was not long before he arrived, although the way he arrived might have seemed unusual. He marched down the street, accompanied by a small retinue of guards and clerks. When he arrived, he gave a slight nod to Mei Ji. "Good to see you again," he said. "While the last few months have been busy, I have found the time to give your horse the treatment it needs." He turned to a stable hand and in short language, ordered him to bring the horse around. "I hope you will find my work satisfactory," he said, again facing Mei Ji. It is a strong horse, and I think I have brought it back up to the caliber you would expect."

In short order, the hand brought Mei Ji's horse around. He bore nothing but the saddle he was left with, but the horse had been thoroughly cleaned and even the saddle looked like it got some pampering. The hand looked to Fang Ai as if looking for direction. He pointed to Mei Ji, to hand the reigns over. "Of course, master Duke," he said, walking over to Mei Ji with the reigns extended.

Horse (Spd+6) given to Mei Ji, as per the previous deal!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06