Jiujiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by ann »

For roleplay in Jiujiang.
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jiujiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

As the rain poured heavily down on the village, Twenty Riders splashed past the first few huts, huddled and shivering in the cold rain. Without saying anything the men started dismounting, grabbing spears, and started towards the nearest huts. The villagers inside peered out in terror, but the men, though the thrust aside the skins covering the doors, only entered the huts and stared at the occupants, not say anything or make threatening gestures. The villagers just hoped they were only trying to get out of the rain.

All of them, that was, but one man, a burly, ugly man who splashed down in the mud and, leaving a massive axe tied to his saddle, strode to the middle of the village, calling out repeated in a loud voice.

"Zhou Mingli! Come forth!"
Zhou Yu
Officer
Location: Soft as wind, gentle as the forest, fierce as fire, and solid as mountain

Post by Zhou Yu »

He was astonished to hear his name and the fact it came from a burly man left him looking out his window in fear and disbelief. He grabbed a cloak and took a deep breath before exiting his home and remaining in front, his bodyguard(follower) very close by.

"I am the one you seek. What brings you here, sirs?" He spoke as kindly as possible without being condescending. He hated brawny men and he hoped like hell he didn't have to try and fight today. He was in no position to fight.
Name: Zhou Mingli, 30
Stats: 49 - 56 -60 - 74* - 90*
Skills: Artisan I, Diplomat II, Engineer I, Politician II, Poison II, Haste II
Items: Book of Shi(Jud +2), Exotic Robe(Cha +3), Jewelry(Cha +3)
Province: Wu
http://simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 24#p170024
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

The burly man squinted at Zhou Mongli through the rain, taking in the man and his bodyguard. He crossed his arms and then grunted. "You are Headman Zhou, then? Good. I am the Black Snake Hong. I have decided to provide security from bandits in this region. You will help me. Give me fifteen gold, and ten men of your village. I have weapons and horses for them already."

He glanced up at the rain, "Oh, and give me shelter until this passes. Making me stand outside when it is raining like this! Insufferable!"
Zhou Yu
Officer
Location: Soft as wind, gentle as the forest, fierce as fire, and solid as mountain

Post by Zhou Yu »

Mingli raised and eyebrow. Protection? Bandits? He blinked quite a few times before catching himself. He looked to Dai and gestured.

"Please, come in. I have very little space though. My house can only usually contain maybe 10 or so. Some can stay out on porch." He opened the door and prayed like hell these guys were actually telling the truth. He didn't want his house burned down.

"If I feed you, shelter you, and pay you this 15 gold you will help me? Is that correct? For how long?" He stopped with the fifty questions, his nerves making him act silly. "How do I know you will honor your word? There are many bandits out there."
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Zhou Yu wrote:Mingli raised and eyebrow. Protection? Bandits? He blinked quite a few times before catching himself. He looked to Dai and gestured.

"Please, come in. I have very little space though. My house can only usually contain maybe 10 or so. Some can stay out on porch." He opened the door and prayed like hell these guys were actually telling the truth. He didn't want his house burned down.

"If I feed you, shelter you, and pay you this 15 gold you will help me? Is that correct? For how long?" He stopped with the fifty questions, his nerves making him act silly. "How do I know you will honor your word? There are many bandits out there."
Hong turned and shouted at his men, "Stay with the villagers. Leave em alone!"

He then turned and followed Zhou Mongli by himself, leaving his axe tied to his horse. "We can talk like men, no need to involve other people." He paused and eyed Dai, and then shrugged, " And don't worry about my boys. They won't give anyone the sword - unless you got some beauties hangin' around who start givin' em the eye. Then they'll get the sword alright."

Hong leered once, and then started laughing loudly, holding his belly as he entered the house. He laughed for much longer than seemed necessary.

"Heh Heh . . . gettin' the sword . . . Heh heh."

He cleared his throat and looked around, "Nice place. The 15 gold helps me get some more horses so I can get more men, you see? Lots of bandits runnin' around and all. I need at least a couple hundred fellas to start makin' a dent." He grunted, "You see, I wanna be like my grandfather, Black Tiger Hong. He had a band, and he kept this area clear too. He was made rep . . . resp . . . reponsable . . for justice by the governor!"

He smiled at Zhou proudly.
Zhou Yu
Officer

Post by Zhou Yu »

Seeing the other men go off somewhere else left Mingli rather relieved as the burly man went towards his front door.

"I don't believe we have that issue, sir. All villagers will appreciate a helping hand in keeping this village free of thieves and bandits. As for men and money, I can provide said amount of money and ten men if these men are not required to be seasoned soldiers. I have none of those yet." He climbed the stairs to his door and Mingli entered gesturing to his 8 year old daughter to go in the kitchen. He gestured to a chair for the guest.

"Have a seat, sir. I will return with some tea and soup if that is okay. My girl makes some fine soup." He hoped his mate would get done with her errands soon and return but said nothing of it as he rummaged in the kitchen for a few minutes.

He came out with a plate equipped for the guest's needs as well as his own, the tea still quite hot. "If you'd like another type of beverage I can see what I can do." He poured their tea and sat, his hands going to his tunic to try and make it more presentable. He wasn't sure who this man was and Mingli hated looking like a disaster. "May I ask what made you come to my village, sir? Do you live nearby?" He took his tea cup and held it gingerly on a saucer, awaiting a response.
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Zhou Yu wrote:Seeing the other men go off somewhere else left Mingli rather relieved as the burly man went towards his front door.

"I don't believe we have that issue, sir. All villagers will appreciate a helping hand in keeping this village free of thieves and bandits. As for men and money, I can provide said amount of money and ten men if these men are not required to be seasoned soldiers. I have none of those yet." He climbed the stairs to his door and Mingli entered gesturing to his 8 year old daughter to go in the kitchen. He gestured to a chair for the guest.

"Have a seat, sir. I will return with some tea and soup if that is okay. My girl makes some fine soup." He hoped his mate would get done with her errands soon and return but said nothing of it as he rummaged in the kitchen for a few minutes.

He came out with a plate equipped for the guest's needs as well as his own, the tea still quite hot. "If you'd like another type of beverage I can see what I can do." He poured their tea and sat, his hands going to his tunic to try and make it more presentable. He wasn't sure who this man was and Mingli hated looking like a disaster. "May I ask what made you come to my village, sir? Do you live nearby?" He took his tea cup and held it gingerly on a saucer, awaiting a response.
Hong grunted and smiled. "Good to hear it, and no, don't need no soldiers, just some strapping lads. As to where I came from, I'm from down south a few days travel. Just returning to my grandfather's old stomping grounds. On the way here I found a couple villages burned out and looted, and the people in them said they'd been raided by bandits. Sounded like a job for Black Snake Hong!"

He paused for a moment, and slurped at the tea, and then looked imploringly at Zhou. "Do you think that name will strike fear into the hearts of the bandits? Black Snake? I was thinking about Black Monkey, but didn't think it had enough . . . teeth."
Zhou Yu
Officer

Post by Zhou Yu »

Mingli sipped his tea. "I believe your name sounds scary enough. When I heard it I honestly was quite scared for my own life, sir." He tried to keep the nerves out of his voice but knew he had failed miserably.

"Your name is just fine. I appreciate your coming here and hope we can work together." He stood and went to a different room for a minute and came back with a small hand full of gold taels.

"Here is your money, Master...Hong. Not sure what to call you, sorry. I believe you may find your lads in many places around town but I feel it best I send for them, choosing them by hand persay. Many men may desire to fight the bandits and I know many. Would you wait while I do this or are you in a hurry?" He remained standing briefly before resuming his seat, hoping he had counted the gold correctly.
Areanna
Not-so-new recruit

Post by Areanna »

Xiaoli was glad to finally be on her way home to her husband after doing her errands, being the wife of a village leader was not easy. She hoped her daughter was done with her chores and was staying out of mischief and her fathers hair, Xiaoli thought with a smile. As she approached her house Xiaoli notice a small disturbance with some gentlemen she had not seen before. Upon entering she called out to her husband, "Dear I'm home," she then noticed that they had company. Standing before the two men was a beautiful woman with jet black hair and brown eyes which were studying the guest carefully before moving to stand next to her husband. Putting her hand on her husbands shoulder she hoped this might calm him down.
Name: Zhou Xiaoli
Stats: 42 - 22 - 96 - 80 - 50
Skills: Jeer II, Confuse II, Cover I, Entangle II, Decoy II, Scribe III
Teng Lou(24) 58-73-55-33-52 Saboteur II, Entrench I, Jeer I, Trainer I, Cover I, Smith I, Yueshu I
Start Location: Jiujiang