Jiujiang Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

ShamsTron
Officer

Re: Jiujiang Provincial Roleplay

Post by ShamsTron »

Zheng Nu's search for a better life takes him and to Shouchun. It has so far been an uneventful trip. With his two companions currently tending to the new recruits back home he is currently alone on this endeavor. He hope this trip is worth it; he has been told that there are people that could help his journey would be in this area. He looks through the city for potential new allies....

Closed RP.
Zheng Nu (38) 73-84*-63-50-47 Decoy II, Instructor II, Maraud III, Military Administrator I, Smith II
Zhou Yu
Officer
Location: Soft as wind, gentle as the forest, fierce as fire, and solid as mountain

Post by Zhou Yu »

Mingli noticed his wife had returned and smiled, glad she was there to relieve his tension, even if just a little. "Glad you're home." He looked towards the guest curiously, hoping the woman's presence didn't disrupt the conversation.

"How did you come by the name to begin with, out of curiosity? Normally such names are gotten by deed." He finished his tea and touched Xiaoli's hand on his shoulder, hoping this meeting would have less awkward silence.

~~~~~~~

@Shamstron

A lone old man saw the wanderer and walked up to him. "Hello there. What brings you to this fine city, young lad?" He had white hair and a cane but he could easily survive a throw down if necessary.
Name: Zhou Mingli, 30
Stats: 49 - 56 -60 - 74* - 90*
Skills: Artisan I, Diplomat II, Engineer I, Politician II, Poison II, Haste II
Items: Book of Shi(Jud +2), Exotic Robe(Cha +3), Jewelry(Cha +3)
Province: Wu
http://simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 24#p170024
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Zhou Yu wrote:Mingli sipped his tea. "I believe your name sounds scary enough. When I heard it I honestly was quite scared for my own life, sir." He tried to keep the nerves out of his voice but knew he had failed miserably.

"Your name is just fine. I appreciate your coming here and hope we can work together." He stood and went to a different room for a minute and came back with a small hand full of gold taels.

"Here is your money, Master...Hong. Not sure what to call you, sorry. I believe you may find your lads in many places around town but I feel it best I send for them, choosing them by hand persay. Many men may desire to fight the bandits and I know many. Would you wait while I do this or are you in a hurry?" He remained standing briefly before resuming his seat, hoping he had counted the gold correctly.
Black Snake Hong stood, "Thank you. No, if you have some fellas in mind, go ahead and get em. Just avoid giving me any cripples or simple-minded folk. I want em all to be able to fight without me holding their hands."

He stretched, "I'll wait out by my horse."

With that, Black Snake strode from the hut, calling to his men. The rain had lessened some, and they gathered in the midst of the village with their horses, waiting for the recruits to join them.
ShamsTron
Officer

Post by ShamsTron »

Zhou Yu wrote:A lone old man saw the wanderer and walked up to him. "Hello there. What brings you to this fine city, young lad?" He had white hair and a cane but he could easily survive a throw down if necessary.
Zheng Nu was caught off guard at the man's arrival but was very pleased to see this man. He has been alone for most if not all his journey so it was nice to see a friendly face for once.

Zheng Nu: I am Zheng Nu of Jiaoxi. I am not sure how I would state my business here.

With a slight hesitation he decides to explain further...

Zheng Nu: I would have to say, I am in search for a more prosperous life.
Zheng Nu (38) 73-84*-63-50-47 Decoy II, Instructor II, Maraud III, Military Administrator I, Smith II
Zhou Yu
Officer
Location: Soft as wind, gentle as the forest, fierce as fire, and solid as mountain

Post by Zhou Yu »

Watching the burly man leave his residence, Mingli turned to his wife and sighed. "Sorry about that and I know you just got home but I have to do this. I paid the man and now have to go fetch some men who want to fight the bandits. It's for the good of the village and gives them lads something to do besides complain about the threats that we face." He grabbed his cloak and put it on. "I'll be right back. Don't let anyone but me in while I'm gone." He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading out the door.

He went to the tavern nearby first, noticing a group of men in the back, many sulking, others being rowdy. They all knew him and perked up at his presence.

"So nice to see you, sir. What brings you out of your home so late?" The young man spoke in kind as he took another swig of ale. They all were a bit tipsy but not drunk enough to not see the seriousness of Zhou Mingli's face.

"Sir? Is something wrong?" Another inquired.

Mingli pointed towards the door. "If any of you wish to leave the boring life of a peasant behind to be a soldier and fight bandits please go outside and see Black Snake Hong outside. Our village needs protection and you are the best candidates I bet." He smiled a little, partially fearing for their lives but at the same time eager to see them fill their days with honest work.

Three of them jumped up and slammed their mugs down solidly, all speaking at once. "When do we start? If there's killin to do we be doin the killin to protect you and our village sir!" It was a rowdy voice that was heard and they left in a hurry to the group of horsemen outside. Others outside of the group peered out the windows and several of them joined the rowdy trio, all perfectly happy to fight for a good cause.

Mingli counted ten and smiled to the rest. "Maybe next time. I'll let you guys know for sure. There's bound to be more where that came from." He gave a quick glance around and smiled at a few ladies before leaving the tavern to go towards Black Snake Hong.

"Here are your ten. They are good men. Just make em walk a bit and they'll be in tip top shape." He waited for the bandit fighter to leave, keeping a safe distance from the horses.

~~~~~~

@Shamstron

"Prosperous life you say, lad? Well I'd tell you to search within before looking about. Prosperity can come from many things, not just money or power. May I ask what exactly it is you seek here? Is it a girl or maybe a new job or just a place to call your own?" He spoke as though from experience because he had plenty of it. He stood with his cane in front of him, his hands clasped over top of it, ready for any would be muggers or bandits should they try anything here.
ShamsTron
Officer

Post by ShamsTron »

Zhou Yu wrote:"Prosperous life you say, lad? Well I'd tell you to search within before looking about. Prosperity can come from many things, not just money or power. May I ask what exactly it is you seek here? Is it a girl or maybe a new job or just a place to call your own?" He spoke as though from experience because he had plenty of it. He stood with his cane in front of him, his hands clasped over top of it, ready for any would be muggers or bandits should they try anything here.
Zheng Nu seemed a little agitated in his reply. He tried to hide it but it could easily be seen.

Zheng Nu: I honestly don't have any specifics in my search but I have to say I am done with the righteous crap. I have spent all of my life doing what is, "right", and what did I get for it? Nothing! I don't know what I will have to do it but I know I will have to get it on my own accord.

Zheng Nu starts to somewhat calm down but it is obvious something struck a nerve...
Zhou Yu
Officer

Post by Zhou Yu »

@Shamstron

The old man noticed the change in the younger man and decided it best to stop grilling him. "Ah! A man on his own mission, a mission of his own desire. That's the true way to live, lad. Can I interest you in a drink at the local tavern a ways up the road? It's outside the city in a village where I live." He waited for a reply before continuing. "I believe in that village you will find many who seek similar things in life, like my son. My name's Lu by the way. I am a wanderer in my own way, if only in my head." He grinned so much it looked as though his face had been squished. It was quite funny to anybody with a sense of humor and youth as a blessing.
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Zhou Yu wrote:Watching the burly man leave his residence, Mingli turned to his wife and sighed. "Sorry about that and I know you just got home but I have to do this. I paid the man and now have to go fetch some men who want to fight the bandits. It's for the good of the village and gives them lads something to do besides complain about the threats that we face." He grabbed his cloak and put it on. "I'll be right back. Don't let anyone but me in while I'm gone." He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading out the door.

He went to the tavern nearby first, noticing a group of men in the back, many sulking, others being rowdy. They all knew him and perked up at his presence.

"So nice to see you, sir. What brings you out of your home so late?" The young man spoke in kind as he took another swig of ale. They all were a bit tipsy but not drunk enough to not see the seriousness of Zhou Mingli's face.

"Sir? Is something wrong?" Another inquired.

Mingli pointed towards the door. "If any of you wish to leave the boring life of a peasant behind to be a soldier and fight bandits please go outside and see Black Snake Hong outside. Our village needs protection and you are the best candidates I bet." He smiled a little, partially fearing for their lives but at the same time eager to see them fill their days with honest work.

Three of them jumped up and slammed their mugs down solidly, all speaking at once. "When do we start? If there's killin to do we be doin the killin to protect you and our village sir!" It was a rowdy voice that was heard and they left in a hurry to the group of horsemen outside. Others outside of the group peered out the windows and several of them joined the rowdy trio, all perfectly happy to fight for a good cause.

Mingli counted ten and smiled to the rest. "Maybe next time. I'll let you guys know for sure. There's bound to be more where that came from." He gave a quick glance around and smiled at a few ladies before leaving the tavern to go towards Black Snake Hong.

"Here are your ten. They are good men. Just make em walk a bit and they'll be in tip top shape." He waited for the bandit fighter to leave, keeping a safe distance from the horses.
Black Snake Hong nodded, and had his men hand out weapons to his new recruits. He turned to Mingli one last time before riding out of town with the new men in tow. "I'll be back in a week or two to make sure you haven't been banditized. If you have, I'll avenge you!"

And with that, Black Snake rode from the town.
ShamsTron
Officer

Post by ShamsTron »

Zhou Yu wrote:The old man noticed the change in the younger man and decided it best to stop grilling him. "Ah! A man on his own mission, a mission of his own desire. That's the true way to live, lad. Can I interest you in a drink at the local tavern a ways up the road? It's outside the city in a village where I live." He waited for a reply before continuing. "I believe in that village you will find many who seek similar things in life, like my son. My name's Lu by the way. I am a wanderer in my own way, if only in my head." He grinned so much it looked as though his face had been squished. It was quite funny to anybody with a sense of humor and youth as a blessing.
Zheng Nu gave a little shrug as he replied.

Zheng Nu: Sure, why not? I can't say no to a good tavern.

He gave a nod of acknowledgment as the old man have him his name. As time passed it could be seen that the earlier agitation melted away.

Zheng Nu: Interesting, lets be off then.
Zhou Yu
Officer

Post by Zhou Yu »

Zheng Nu was led to the tavern by the old man at a decent pace, their arrival in the afternoon hours, or so Lu thought.

"This way, sir. I have someone you should meet." He gestured to a man who looked quite out of place but not out of mind, a tea pot in front of him and a weary look. "Master Zhou, you okay with some company?"

Mingli looked up, his musings interrupted at a good point. He smiled as he saw a stranger and stood. "Hello there. You may sit and join us if you'd like. May I ask why you have come?"

The old man grinned. "He wants to live his own life and not be righteous. His words, somewhat." Lu chuckled, liking to repeat it.

"Ah. I'll let him tell me, Lu. Thank you though. I am Zhou Mingli, leader of this village and guardian of its people. Hard to believe I know but with bandits about we need someone to stand up to them." He grimaced. "Fortunately someone came to employ some of my best fighters, not all, thankfully." He sipped his tea. "Tell me of yourself, Master....?" He didn't remember hearing a name and stopped, resuming his seat.

@Shamstron