Administrator

Liang Provincial Roleplay

Post by ann »

For roleplay in Liang.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Re: Liang Provincial Roleplay

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su had been denied an intimidating entrance, but nevertheless, he was intent on seeing this mission succeed. It was early morning, the sun was peaking over the horizon, as the three riders advanced towards the city.

Equipped with all the armor and weapons he usually brought to a battle, this would be a battle of minds as opposed to a battle of arms. Atop an Imperial issued horse, with his apprentice, Liao Jian, and colleague, Shen Feng, in tow, he felt ready for what lay ahead. On the horizon lay Dingtao, their destination, and as they drew closer, the greater the anticipation Ma Su felt.

"This will be fun."

He said to no one in particular, still looking out at the city. He scanned the city, making out which parts of the city were which--the military district, the commercial district, the palace, like as if he were planning to invade it. He readjusted his armor as he squinted at the guard towers, counting the archers. All of this was a habit to him, having seen quite a lot of warfare in the past few years.

As they arrived at the gates, he addressed the guards that were on duty.

"Good morning. I am Ma Su, a representative of the Hegemonic-King Xiang Yu of Chu and the Emperor, and I request an audience with your city's governing council and ruler."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Jin Shi wrote:"This will be fun."

He said to no one in particular, still looking out at the city. He scanned the city, making out which parts of the city were which--the military district, the commercial district, the palace, like as if he were planning to invade it. He readjusted his armor as he squinted at the guard towers, counting the archers. All of this was a habit to him, having seen quite a lot of warfare in the past few years.

As they arrived at the gates, he addressed the guards that were on duty.

"Good morning. I am Ma Su, a representative of the Hegemonic-King Xiang Yu of Chu and the Emperor, and I request an audience with your city's governing council and ruler."
Among those guard towers were many archers and they studied the approaching riders with suspicion from their lofty positions. The guards at ground level were not very forth coming and blocked the way with their long shafted spears. One of them looked at Ma Su and then his companions. "Leave your horses here. You will then proceed by foot to the city center where Fǔyǐn Tang oversees these lands and greets foreign envoys. I can not say whether he will admit you or not."

The guard pointed up the road and gave brief, but decent directions on how to reach the administrative complex. "You can't miss it, its the building surrounded by heavily armed individuals."
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

In tow with Ma Su, Shen Feng nodded to the guards, then flashed them a reassuring smile. This many men being on watch against a couple of travellers gave him some pause, though. Had there been conflict previously between the Hegemonic King and this city? He would need to choose his words carefully, that much he knew.

Dismounting alongside Ma Su, Shen Feng allowed him to lead the way, following behind him along with his own follower and bodyguard, Shan Lue. Lue regarded the heavy complement of guards with far more suspicion than Feng did, but did not voice any objection to the gruff treatment.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Taking his spear with him, slung into a holster on his back, he dismounted, and motioned for his companions to do the same. He was not especially pleased at having to dismount, but he accepted it as a way to get in. He nodded to the guard, with a half-smile to go along with it, as he started walking towards the administrative complex. Liao Jian, not bearing any weapons with him, dismounted as well, looking as calm as he could, but it could be seen he was slightly nervous.

When they had finished walking along the road, finding the administrative complex, Ma Su stopped and looked around briefly at the guards arrayed around the area. "Well, if they want to kill us, they certainly have a good shot at it." He smirked briefly to himself at the thought. Regaining his stony expression, he walked up to the doors of the building and again asked for an audience.

"I am Ma Su, representative of the King Xiang Yu of Chu and the Emperor, and I request an audience with Fǔyǐn Tang. I freely submit my spear and sword to you in good faith."

He took out his spear and held it out for one of the guards to take. He unsheathed his sword in his other hand for another guard to take. Liao Jian would also submit to a search if one was needed.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Jin Shi wrote:Taking his spear with him, slung into a holster on his back, he dismounted, and motioned for his companions to do the same. He was not especially pleased at having to dismount, but he accepted it as a way to get in. He nodded to the guard, with a half-smile to go along with it, as he started walking towards the administrative complex. Liao Jian, not bearing any weapons with him, dismounted as well, looking as calm as he could, but it could be seen he was slightly nervous.

When they had finished walking along the road, finding the administrative complex, Ma Su stopped and looked around briefly at the guards arrayed around the area. "Well, if they want to kill us, they certainly have a good shot at it." He smirked briefly to himself at the thought. Regaining his stony expression, he walked up to the doors of the building and again asked for an audience.

"I am Ma Su, representative of the King Xiang Yu of Chu and the Emperor, and I request an audience with Fǔyǐn Tang. I freely submit my spear and sword to you in good faith."

He took out his spear and held it out for one of the guards to take. He unsheathed his sword in his other hand for another guard to take. Liao Jian would also submit to a search if one was needed.
The guards swept forward like vultures on a dying ox, quickly surrounding the small company and taking the offered weapons in hand. They were careful not to be too rough in this process, but they did surround and were armed. One soldier held out his empty hand if Shen Feng had anything to offer, but he would not offend this man by demanding a search.

The soldier who took Ma Su's sword was the first to formally speak to the small company. "We shall guide you and your party into a waiting chamber until the Fǔyǐn is ready to speak with you. We do not mean to alarm you, we are merely following our orders." It was clear that this was true, for over head from a watchtower were two men with crossbows aimed downward even with all the soldiers all ready surrounding the three.

If there were no complaints the company of Chu soon found themselves led into an expensively decorated complex. It was as beautifully decorated with fine wares and art as it was heavily guarded with soldiers. There was even a large area they passed which consisted of an interior fountain and reflecting pool. The guards brought the visitors to a large waiting chamber with two low benches lining the walls. The area was open and the floor was decorated with red painted tiles which led to two thick double doors of reinforced wood. Yet despite the thickness of the doors loud words could be heard from beyond them.

"..they were armed and could be assassins from Xiang Yu! I have not forgotten the tales of what he did. He cares little for formality. I rule here and I will not lose my head to a brute!" screamed one voice.

"We do not know that is there intention. We should hear them out, lord" More softly another voice replied, then a third distinct voice joined the cautionary tone. "We must also not offend Xiang Yu, for then he might bring his army here and we could lose.. "

"I am not in the habit of losing what I earn.." came the first voice again. ".. very well.. tell them.. " the words disappeared into whispers.

Shortly after the great double doors opened a little and a heavily robed, pot bellied old man with a soft voice appeared. "Fǔyǐn Tang Yo has agreed to meet with you, but only one of you, you must choose who will speak with him. The rest must wait outside. I do deeply apologize." the man with the pot belly then sniffed and even more softly added. "unless it is absolutely necessary that all three meet with him.. perhaps.. that could be arranged?"
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

Despite his smile and outward ease with how they were being treated, Shen Feng was hesitant to give up his sword. Still, even though they hadn't outright asked him to, he finally shrugged helplessly and unbuckled his scabbarded sword from his waist, motioning for Shan Lue to do the same. "Take good care of her, okay?" He grinned to the soldier, hoping to lighten the mood a bit as he handed over his weapon.

The interior seemed much calmer, though that was likely due to the lack of crossbows being trained on them. As they sat in the waiting room, Feng couldn't help but hear the loud discussion from within. Intrigued by it, he listened in, though trying to do so insurreptiously. As the old man emerged and informed them of the magistrate's decision, Feng glanced to Ma Su. This was his mission, charged to him by Lu Chen, so he would be the one to decide who would meet with Tang Yo. While Feng was confident in his ability to speak with the man, Su might not wish to forego the glory of his assignment. Feng just hoped, if he decided to handle it himself, that he wouldn't push the clearly agitated magistrate over the edge.
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

One chilly mid-morning, a carriage made its way through the streets of the city of Suiyang, coming to a rest outside the governmental complex. Baocen Peng emerged from the carriage, a wooden cane in hand, and walked towards the gate while his attendant saw to the horses.

"I am Baocen Peng, minister of Chu, here to meet with Magistrate Zun on official business," he announced to the guards on duty. He held out his cane, in case one of the guards thought to inspect it for a blade, and waited for them to admit him inside.
Baocen Peng (75) 73-20-88-60-49
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Scout II, Scout I
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su took no offense as the guards went about their search, he was more than anything impressed by the rigid military decorum they displayed before him. "Good drill sergeants here." As they were ushered into the waiting room, Ma Su decided to stand instead of sit on the low benches, thinking it was, literally, beneath him to sit in such seating. Crossing his arms, he slowly paced back and forth, waiting to be granted his audience. He found the chatter to be very revealing, and slightly amusing, heard from behind the closed double doors.

When the little man emerged from behind the menacing doors, Ma Su smiled a soft smile, breaking his stony expression. He sensed a weak gatekeeper before him. Putting on his most polite tone, he replied at a volume that could be heard by those beyond the double doors after a moment's thought

"Good morning. My associates and I would like to see the Illustrious Fǔyǐn Tang Yo as a group if possible, since you suggest it. It would be a shame if they came all this way to be left at the door, and they may have points to add in addition to my own."

Ma Su slowly started advancing, keeping his smile plastered on his face and motioning for his companions to follow him into the audience hall. He kept his eyes focused on the attendant's during this entire time, trying his best to overawe him to clear a path into the hall.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

Shen Feng wrote:Despite his smile and outward ease with how they were being treated, Shen Feng was hesitant to give up his sword. Still, even though they hadn't outright asked him to, he finally shrugged helplessly and unbuckled his scabbarded sword from his waist, motioning for Shan Lue to do the same. "Take good care of her, okay?" He grinned to the soldier, hoping to lighten the mood a bit as he handed over his weapon.

The interior seemed much calmer, though that was likely due to the lack of crossbows being trained on them. As they sat in the waiting room, Feng couldn't help but hear the loud discussion from within. Intrigued by it, he listened in, though trying to do so insurreptiously. As the old man emerged and informed them of the magistrate's decision, Feng glanced to Ma Su. This was his mission, charged to him by Lu Chen, so he would be the one to decide who would meet with Tang Yo. While Feng was confident in his ability to speak with the man, Su might not wish to forego the glory of his assignment. Feng just hoped, if he decided to handle it himself, that he wouldn't push the clearly agitated magistrate over the edge.
Jin Shi wrote:Ma Su took no offense as the guards went about their search, he was more than anything impressed by the rigid military decorum they displayed before him. "Good drill sergeants here." As they were ushered into the waiting room, Ma Su decided to stand instead of sit on the low benches, thinking it was, literally, beneath him to sit in such seating. Crossing his arms, he slowly paced back and forth, waiting to be granted his audience. He found the chatter to be very revealing, and slightly amusing, heard from behind the closed double doors.

When the little man emerged from behind the menacing doors, Ma Su smiled a soft smile, breaking his stony expression. He sensed a weak gatekeeper before him. Putting on his most polite tone, he replied at a volume that could be heard by those beyond the double doors after a moment's thought

"Good morning. My associates and I would like to see the Illustrious Fǔyǐn Tang Yo as a group if possible, since you suggest it. It would be a shame if they came all this way to be left at the door, and they may have points to add in addition to my own."

Ma Su slowly started advancing, keeping his smile plastered on his face and motioning for his companions to follow him into the audience hall. He kept his eyes focused on the attendant's during this entire time, trying his best to overawe him to clear a path into the hall.
The little pot bellied man's face went frantic when Ma Su spoke in so loud a voice and he put one finger to his mouth to indicate silence, even as he backpedaled and tried to get in Ma Su's advancing steps. "Shh, sshhhh.." he said quickly, a bead of sweat coming to his face. In a harsh whisper, he glanced at one of the nearby guards and then pleadingly at Ma Su's two companions. "are you trying to get me executed and you as well? Tang Yo is a man prone to suspicions."

The little man kept stepping backward as Ma Su advanced, but halted when his back touched the heavy doors. He spread out his arms wide. "If you have a golden reason, I might be able to let you and one of your companions inside." He said in a quick whispered voice, a little of his confidence briefly restored, perhaps taking comfort in the strength the door behind him presented in denying entrance.
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba