Liang Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Re: Liang Provincial Roleplay

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Xun Jiang's thick armored fingers coiled around the shaft of Twilight Mourning like a constrictor upon a deer at the Monster's words. He did not take kindly to threats, he didn't take kindly to being called 'boy' either. Not only was he a fully grown giant of a man, but he is a fully grown giant of a man who has known bloodshed and rage as strengths and companions. But even though he thought of nothing but actually showing this old man that he was no mere boy to be coddled or treated lightly, he was no fool. He knew that Guan Huang meant every word he said, and that there was a good chance of him getting killed if he did try anything rash. This is why he continued keeping his wits about him, making sure that he appeared as he should: businesslike and stoic.

Xian Long Rui simply nodded to everything that Guan Huang said. He took up a deep breath and muttered in words that hid much contempt, but more respect. Mirroring Guan Huang, he too unwound the muscles in his neck, rubbing it with an armored gauntlet to ease the tension building in his nerves. "Worry not, Guan Huang. I don't, nor will I ever harbor any desire to take Ma Su back to his holdings at any time. I am simply doing what has been assigned to me by my employer, which is to take this gold here and offer you a commission, then leave you in peace." He set his eyes upon the big tent, almost sure that Ma Su was indeed there. He huffed and frowned sharply at the Monster of Changsha, then saddled his halberd along his own broad shoulders. "You can keep him here, forever for all I care. My job is done here. But since you have been... Gracious in offering me a meal and drink, then I shall stay for but a while longer. I shall leave this camp once the feast is over."

He looked at Tie Chu, then the wine, the food and the table which had been laid out before them, awaiting Guan Huang to invite him to sit down.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

"Then you have done your job." Guǎn​ Huáng​ commented before turning to face his men. Pointing at two of them, he motioned for them to draw near. "Brothers, fetch my horse." he softly continued before dismissing the men. With that order given, Guǎn​ Huáng​ turned to face that giant. His hand rising to the axe that hung from his side. With his eyes meeting that giant's own, his hand fell to that handle as he adjusted it from his belt. Slipping it free, his fingers slowly slipped into those well worn grooves. His fingers tightening upon that handle as he felt it's familiar weight. Yet, slowly did his face curl into a bushy grin. "Ya have me properly paid and ya are free to go. Ya are welcome to stay and dine, though." he roughly cooed. "Ya even brought me ya lord's proposition, ya have. Yet, I have a bit of a proposition for ya, boy." the aged bandit continued as he took a step backwards. "On ya horse." he commanded before passing right beyond the man. Leaving him to mount and follow if he desired. Yet, no matter where Xian Long Rui went, a scowling Fei Quqi continued, keeping ten men in his reserve.

Yet, Guǎn​ Huáng came to follow those two brothers tasked with the handling of his horse. Leaning against a crudely built fence, Guǎn​ Huáng watched as the brothers entered that picketing. Only two horses stood within, yet, they was both fine beasts. One of them was a small, yet, fleetly built horse. While the second was a massive beast of a warhorse. The two men who moved into that crudely built picket was quick to fit a saddle over the beast and guide it to the gates. Once guided free of the gates, Guǎn​ Huáng easily slipped onto that horse's back and he rode it till he was within arm's length of Xian Long Rui.

"Fight me, boy. Fight me and show me the might of this Ma Dieu and I'll consider his offer. Do you have the stones to face me, boy?"

Death Match Challenge Issued!
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

What he had expected to be a simple meal turned out to be something that he can't actually chew, but something that he would definitely enjoy. As he was called to follow and led into the grassy fences, he already knew what was running on Guan Huang's head. Upon confirmation, Xun Jiang closed his eyes in meditation for a brief moment, then glared menacingly at the bandit lord once they flew wide open.

He finally shed off that unpleasant disguise he had worn as an envoy, finally allowing that building rage inside him to expand. It entered his nerves and pumped both adrenalin and blood into his veins, fueling him completely. He felt elated, he felt alive. He felt like tearing someone's head off. It was all for the service of Ma Dieu, of course, but also partly for his own glory.

"Very well, I accept your challenge," he growled under his breath, making sure that the rotund old man heard it within their small enclosure. Mounting his own warhorse, he swung that giant of a halberd over his head and pointed it against his adversary, a devilish smirk belying his anticipation for the blood about to be spilled. It would probably be the most epic duel he'll ever have, a thought he could almost smell in the air.

"I will show you more than just Ma Dieu's might. I will make you acknowledge that what you're facing is no boy, Guan Huang!"

Duel Challenge accepted!

Formerly:

Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Duel Tactics to Miss Ann!
Starring As:
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

((I didn't get both sets of tactics until early this am. I've run it as soon as I got on the sim today but apparently this wasn't quickly enough. I'm sorry! I'm posting without roleplay as I understand people are frustrated with the delay.))

Bout 1:

Round 1:
Xun Jiang HP: 109 Might: 109
Guan Huang HP: 103 Might: 103

Xun Jiang attempts to intimidate Guan Huang.
Xun Jiang succeeds!
Xun Jiang fails to hit with the attack!
Guan Huang attempts to intimidate Xun Jiang.
Guan Huang succeeds!
Guan Huang lands the attack.(8)

Round 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 101 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 103 Might: 85

Xun Jiang lands the attack.(7)
Guan Huang attempts to land a crippling strike on Xun Jiang!
Guan Huang's crippling strike fails to land.
Guan Huang lands the attack.(6)

Round 3:
Xun Jiang HP: 95 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 96 Might: 85

Xun Jiang unleashes a critical blow!
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(11)
Guan Huang lands the attack.(7)

End of Bout 1:
Xun Jiang HP: 88 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 85 Might: 85

Bout 2:

Round 1:
Xun Jiang HP: 88 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 85 Might: 85

Xun Jiang attempts to taunt Guan Huang.
Xun Jiang succeeds!

Round 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 80 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 85 Might: 83

Xun Jiang lands the attack.(6)
Guan Huang fails to hit with the attack!

Round 3:
Xun Jiang HP: 80 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 79 Might: 83

Xun Jiang lands a counterblow against Guan Huang's attack(+5 Damage)!
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(12)

End of Bout 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 73 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 67 Might: 83

Bout 3:

Round 1:

Xun Jiang deflects Guan Huang's attack.

Round 2:

Xun Jiang attempts to land a crippling strike on Guan Huang!
Xun Jiang's crippling strike fails to land on a vital point.

Round 3:
Guan Huang HP: 60 Might: 83

Guan Huang lands the attack.(9)

End of Bout 3:
Xun Jiang HP: 64 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 53 Might: 83

Bout 4:

Round 1:
Xun Jiang HP: 64 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 53 Might: 83

Xun Jiang attempts to taunt Guan Huang.
Xun Jiang succeeds!
Xun Jiang lands the attack.(8)

Round 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 56 Might: 97
Guan Huang HP: 45 Might: 81

Xun Jiang injured during attack - reducing might by 8

Round 3:
Xun Jiang HP: 48 Might: 89
Guan Huang HP: 38 Might: 81

Xun Jiang lands the attack.(5)

End of Bout 4:
Xun Jiang HP: 40 Might: 89
Guan Huang HP: 33 Might: 81

Bout 5:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Xun Jiang lands the attack.(6)

End of Bout 5:
Xun Jiang HP: 33 Might: 89
Guan Huang HP: 27 Might: 81

Bout 6:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:
Xun Jiang HP: 25 Might: 89
Guan Huang HP: 20 Might: 81

End of Bout 6:
Guan Huang HP: 15 Might: 81

Bout 7:

Round 1:

Round 2:
Xun Jiang HP: 18 Might: 89

Xun Jiang injured during attack - reducing might by 10
Guan Huang lands the attack.(10)

Round 3:
Xun Jiang HP: 8 Might: 79
Guan Huang HP: 10 Might: 81

Xun Jiang lands the attack.(4)

End of Bout 7:
Guan Huang HP: 6 Might: 81

Bout 8:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Guan Huang unleashes a critical blow!
Xun Jiang injured during attack - reducing might by 12
Guan Huang lands the attack.(12)
Guan Huang wins!
Xun Jiang attempts to retreat, but is captured!

End of Bout 8:
Xun Jiang HP: -4 Might: 67
Guan Huang HP: 1 Might: 81
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng​ felt his lungs burn as he pulled his horse into a stop, his bleeding arm protesting at the movement. From countless tiny cuts, his body wept scarlet tears that ran limb and body. Staining armor, cloth, and weapon alike as he listened to that giant slip from the saddle behind him and crumple to the ground. Well, it seemed the 'boy' had finally been defeated. The giant &*$& just hadn't known when to quit... How could he of expected that sudden ferocity? He had considered the fight all but his until that Black Ogre of Chu had roared and turned his ferocity upon him once more. It had been a glorious bout, one that Guǎn​ Huáng​ would never forget. Yet, it was over... and how was he thankful for that. Slowly did his horse come to a stop and even more slowly did he slither from that saddle.

Short and stocky legs nearly crumpled underneath his weight and for a mere moment, his head swam with pain. Well now.. that was a lovely feeling. Bitterly laughing, Guǎn​ Huáng​ rolled his shoulder. Feeling it protest underneath the weight of armor and weapon... damn had that giant been able to swing that halberd. "Ey' boy..." Guǎn​ Huáng​ began as he allowed that bloody axe to fall. "Ya did damn good.. ya hear me, boy?" Guǎn​ Huáng​ hissed before growing silent. The bloodied and aged bandit merely stood there, awaiting that reply as he worked free that iron breastplate. Without so much as a hint of formality, he allowed it to fall and land amongst the bloodied and trampled glass. Without so much as a hint of regret, he even unslung that crossbow and bolts. Leaving his aching body to stumble freely along as he came to stand above his foe.

"I said, ya did damn good. But, remember I'm better." he mockingly cooed as he leaned over, to his great regret, and lowered a hand to his foe. Offering him a hand up.
Starring As:
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

He had fought with savage ferocity and incredible strength, but Guan Huang's accuracy was the requirement for victory, and he couldn't match it in the end. For the first time in his life, he had suffered defeat. However, he didn't sound too grumpy. Nay, he even sounded elated for some twisted, unknown reason, as if a savage beast inside had been calmed and won over. Looking up at the face of the duel's victor, he smirked, the lips red with blood.

"You won, what a surprise." he grunted, each breath pumping blood out of the small gaps in his armor which had been hit and sliced open. He was bleeding profusely, but he didn't show any pain. What hurt more was the fact that there was a warrior in China who could best him. It stung him, but it gave him awakening inside. This old man... His experience, the way he had done him in in the end. That final blow. He still had much to learn.

He took the offered hand and pulled himself up, still standing tall even after that savage beating he took. He was simply too proud to admit that he was inside burning too. Pulling his dragon helmet off of his head to breathe more easily, he unloaded his messy, bloodied hair and let it fall to his shoulders, bruises and cuts visibly lining his face. "Is that offer of dinner still on the table, or am I dismissed?"

Somehow, someway, someone had taught the Black Ogre a lesson in humility. It was a lesson that should serve him well.

Formerly:

Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Guǎn​ Huáng​ laughed as he hauled that giant of a man to his feet despite the ache of his own body. Yet, he continued to laugh even as his sides began to protest that movement and only after a few long moments did he finally settle down, a slight scowl upon those bloodied features. "The food and drink is yours to take." he commented before shifting to gaze upon that table and then the tent within. "I invite you to rest here for the night, boy. In the morning my camp will depart and you will accompany us." Guǎn​ Huáng​ began as his voice turned sharp and his eyes turned to rest upon the supposed Black Ogre of Chu. "In return for losing, you are to introduce me to this friend of yours if I believe him worth my time. This Ma Da... Ma Daiu.. Ma whatever the hell it was." Guǎn​ Huáng​ growled before turning his back upon Xian Long Rui as he limped towards the banquet table and settled down. Motioning for the man to sit opposite of him, Guǎn​ Huáng​ then motioned for both Fei Quqi and Tie Chu to sit.

"Ya offered me half a thousand coins in gold... and damn does seven hundred coins sound nice." the old bandit continued only for Tie Chu to clear his throat. "... Eight hundred." Guǎn​ Huáng​ began again only for Chu to clear his throat as his clenched fist just so happened to relax and flash five fingers. "Five hundred. Yeah, five hundred." the old bandit bitterly continued as his lips set in a scowl and he gazed upon that table. "It sounds damn nice, but, I ain't givin' a jack shit about none of that. &*$&, if I wanted ta, I imagine that limp dicked bastard of a son in law would pay more than that for your head. I imagine he'd give the full thousand for your head and claim to have never known a lick about any of it. But, that aint' no matter... I ain't go no right to be talking about my son in law no matter how stupid and crazy that boy might be. The bastard has done damn right for himself and he seems to have my daughta happy enough."

"Tell me somethin', boy. That Ma fellow be related to that foolish boy who dared charge my camp?"
Starring As:
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

The Black Ogre followed to the table when prompted to, his steps lagging behind the gravity of his battered body. He picked up his fallen halberd and grunted with his painful effort; the weight of it had become much more noticeable now that his arms felt numb and drained. With a heavy plop he sat himself down where it was indicated, removed his gauntlets and then wiped a streak of blood running down his face. "I cannot believe what I'm about to say, but it would please me to introduce you to Ma Dieu myself. He'd be more than willing to pay that half a thousand for..." he balked for a moment, spit-balling inside his tongue before continuing. "...the man who managed to defeat me. You would make a fine general, Guan Huang."

When the topic about Zhefu was brought up, he clicked his tongue a little in agreement to what Guan said. "So, that masked man from Qi is your son-in-law? How quaint." Despite the harmlessness of his words, inside his heartbeat drew faster breaths at the notion of that hateful man and his traitorous ilk. He felt no amount of love for the Imperial Generals, and for one he thought that his scorched earth tactics have been brilliant. Still he felt that they had been pushed into a rat hole by that man, and despite their recent victory over Li Jiacheng, it would only be a matter of time before they fell, particularly with him, the champion of General Ma's armies and defender of Huainan, being in his current weakened state. He closed his left eye as he smirked at Guan Huang with a cup in his hand. "That man is cunning and sly, that much is apparent. I feel no love for him and his marauding armies, and I can take any of his warriors in a fight. But I must say, he is indeed well-versed in what he's doing."

Using his halberd he held it by its tip and extended it towards his helmet, still lying prostate in the grass. He then yanked the halberd to throw the piece of armor into the air, landing flat on his open hands. Placing it beside his seat, he settled back down, his lips noticeably bleeding red again before he turned around and spat the metallic taste out. "As far as Ma Su's relation with the General, I honestly have no clue," he huffed out in a tired voice, clearing his throat of some bloody phlegm before downing the cup of wine. "I do doubt that they are related in any manner, since Ma Dieu has been alone since we were young. It must have been coincidence that they carry the same name."

His tone of voice was somewhat lazy, or even perpetually shallow and unfeeling. Perhaps some wine and a bit of drunkenness would return some of his cool and cocky attitude, but it remained unseen. In its place is a serene and humbled warrior with a new vision about the things around him.

Formerly:

Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

Leaned back within his chair, Guǎn​ Huáng​'s busted lips split into a grin as he listened to his former opponent continue on. "Ain't that bloody adorable," the bandit began, "ya can tell just who I mean by a simple little description. Yeah, that masked boy who resides up in Qi. Believing himself some general blessed by the heavens and that he wears that stupid &*$&' mask to get all the closer to him. That stupid politician just seemed to cringe at enterin' my little bar. As if he was to good for me and my brother's company. Ain't that right, Chu?" Huang questioned only for the silent and bald headed man to nod. "I tell ya, I wanted to do nothin' more than cut his damn head off. He had no right to go marryin' my daughter like that! But, &*$&... what lil' right do I have to go and do any of that, ey? She's married! That little squirt got married to that masked idiot and they're all happy and wonderful. Yeah... she's nice and happy with that Afu... Efu.. Zh... Whatever." he commented as he racked his brain for memories of that drunken night. "Wonderful &*$&' marriage I tell ya! My brother, my wonderful &*$& brother, sold her into that marriage. Thought he'd get himself nice and rich from it all, I tell ya. If I ever catch that sniveling bastard, I'll lop his head clean off those shoulders. That boy may share the same blood as me, but, that girl is of my flesh, sweat, and blood. She's my daughter even if I left her with him!"

"Hell... she's happy enough, though. Got herself some lovin' husband with all his power and titles. At least he seems to be against that damnable Xiang Yu, and that is one hell of a blessing. He's got himself some fine titles and wealth, he has... bet he treats her nice and good. But, well... that's a whole other matter, ain't it?" he began as he waved a large hand at the Black Ogre. "When it comes down to it, I ain't no general. Simple soldier at best. Chu here would tell ya I ain't worth a shit at commanding. He can do it a whole lot better than me and he ain't even one to talk much. All I'm good for mate, is swinging this arm of mine. To cut, slash, and kill anyone who gets in my way. Slash and burn anyone who gets in my way... That all I'm good for, mate." he finished before bringing that wine to his bloodied lips. Cringing as that burning drink poured across his busted lips, he sipped down that sweetened wine. Sighing as he put it aside, Guǎn​ Huáng​ shifted within his seat. Leaning over that table, he came to point a meaty finger towards the escort's chest. "I'll tell ya what, boy. I'll help this Ma Dieu fellow for his price. I'll give him my axe and the axe of any of my brothers who will accompany me. You feast within my camp tonight, but, soon... we feast wherever the hell your lord now resides!"

[OOC Note: Would you like to post your character guiding the Axe Gang to Ma Dieu's AH?]
Starring As: