Sai Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Brother Dun
Marquis

Re: Sai Provincial Roleplay

Post by Brother Dun »

Shu Er smiled, "O' course he's alright for 'er. Like I said, 'e is acting as if 'e was waiting for tha lady. 'e's been waitin' fer tha Lady, it's destiny that they should meet. Winter'll carry her safely wherever she should wish."

The Lord-Scholar, at this time, stepped forward and took a look at the horse himself, it was indeed a fine steed, and while young and energetic, it seemed calmed by the presence of Ding Yi, moreso than any other horse had been except around their owners, "Hmm... Yes, he is quite a wonderful horse, and I too, seem to see what it is that Master Shu Er is talking about, the horse is far more calm than all others in this stable, and only so once you had arrived Lady Ding. Perhaps it is fate that brought you here, perhaps this is a sign from the Heavens," he said, a fascinated look upon his face, the academic within him was truly intrigued.
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

"Fate eh?" Cong Ma eyed the men wryly. Rather than start an argument however, he idly clicked his tongue and turned to Ding Yi and the white stallion. His Lady from the far north was akin to wintry conditions for most of her life, yet here in Sai, thousands of li from Yan, she encountered a horse with no owner aptly named Winter. When he thought about it that way, the notion that it was the hand of destiny at work seemed plausible. He gave a short assured huff, and his lips curved to a smile, for he was genuinely happy for her. And the horse!

"Well how 'bout gettin' Winter saddled up and try a ride? He's no petting zoo animal, y'know." Cong suggested, eyeing Ding and then cocked a brow at Shu Er for approval.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Meia wrote:"Fate eh?" Cong Ma eyed the men wryly. Rather than start an argument however, he idly clicked his tongue and turned to Ding Yi and the white stallion. His Lady from the far north was akin to wintry conditions for most of her life, yet here in Sai, thousands of li from Yan, she encountered a horse with no owner aptly named Winter. When he thought about it that way, the notion that it was the hand of destiny at work seemed plausible. He gave a short assured huff, and his lips curved to a smile, for he was genuinely happy for her. And the horse!

"Well how 'bout gettin' Winter saddled up and try a ride? He's no petting zoo animal, y'know." Cong suggested, eyeing Ding and then cocked a brow at Shu Er for approval.
Shu Er gave Cong Ma and Ding Yi a toothy grin, "O' course! You wanna head out wit 'em too? Prolly got a horse 'round here you could use too!"

The Lord-Scholar smiled at the enthusiasm shown by Ding Yi, and then protective nature of Cong Ma. The bond between Ding Yi and Cong Ma was similar to older brother and younger sister, and mildly amusing. Of course Ding Yi would be fine on the horse, but Cong Ma's desire to ensure that she would be safe only showed that he was very protective and cared deeply for her. He did not know many people who shared that exact bond, but to know that it existed out there filled him with some hope for the future, "Perhaps we could all go for a ride? Of course, you'll have to promise not to laugh at me, for I've never actually ridden on horseback before," he said smiling, "But, why not give it a try, eh?"
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

Cong chuckled in response, "I suppose you are more used to travelling by carriage then, my Lord-scholar?" He grinned, his eyes followed Shu Er who went to fetch a couple more horses as he wondered about needing to guide two people instead of one. Ding Yi appeared amused by it too, a gentle smile crossing her face. Momentarily, the stocky stablemaster fastened a set of reins on Winter and unlatched the padlock to his pen. Passing the reins to Ding Yi, he encouraged her to tug on them while he moved to open the gate. The horse stepped out calmly and obediently, which brought happiness to his new lady owner.

Once outside the stables, Ding and Cong sat firmly on their respective horses. Cong Ma manuevered his brown steed beside Ding's, ready to take control of the reins if necessary, even though he suspected it would not be required. Now that Winter was in full view under the sunlight, Cong was convinced it was a quality steed. Ding Yi held a look of concentration, as she and Cong waited for Zu Yanghei to prepare himself.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

The Lord-Scholar smiled, "Yes, indeed. Normally I do all of my travel by carriage," he said chuckling. Once Shu Er had brought a horse for the Lord-Scholar, Gongsun Duan and himself, the trio mounted up, the Lord-Scholar requiring some help from his stable master, and joined the pair of Cong Ma and Ding Yi. The Lord-Scholar approached Ding Yi and Cong Ma, fumbling slightly with the reigns, but firmly upon the saddle, "Now then, Lady Ding, Lord Cong, where is it that you would like to go? I think that, perhaps, it would be a good idea to take a short trip through the city at the very least, that way you can see how Winter will fair in a busy area. No doubt, most of his day to day business will be through a city... Once we're through, we can go for a ride through the countryside..."