Yan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Kayfen
Ensign

Re: Yan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Kayfen »

"That's lovely, Ping," he said with mild distaste, though he seemed to enjoy the belly rubs. "I had to watch men who placed their trust in me be run through as I watched helplessly. I could not tell them I was no commander or they would be disheartened. Agh, the carnage is burned into my mind for eternity." Shivering, he covered his face with his hands. "I can still see their faces," he whispered. "I have shamed them all."
Hu Kang Chí táng huà | Age 25 | Stats: 55-38-84-80-50
Skills: Confuse II, Poison I, Public Planner II, Doctor, Civil Administrator II, Propagandist I, Scout I, Scribe I
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

The amusement slipped from Ping's face and his dark eyes looked concerned in a blank and childish sort of way. He nodded dumbly, not knowing what to say, and understood that Kang felt his manhood was at question from his defeat in battle. Ping moved to lie on the bed next to him and wrapped an arm around the back of his head to pull his brother to his manly chest for comfort. "I will regain your honour, brother, and theirs. We'll join the enemy of our enemy and defeat him. Is that what you want? I can fight. I will fight if you want me to. I will fight for you, Kang. I said I would protect you and that means from everything. Protect your honour, your body and your mind." He kissed Kang on top of his head and then murmured. "I won't let you down again."
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Meia wrote:"Another woman? You sure work hard Chief..." Yi shot a look of surprise at the taller guard who spoke those words. She took the chance to look away when Zhuwen stepped forward and moved towards his steed, her feet shifted slightly in discomfort, but otherwise she pretended not to have heard it.

"I'm fine.." the response she muttered to Zhuwen was not very convincing, especially when her sights turned toward the remaining free horse.

She was cautiously reaching out for the reins when the beast suddenly stirred, its hooves pounding the ground as its dark muscular body swerved about. Ding Yi inhaled sharply and pulled herself back a couple of steps, wishing Bai Guan was around to secure and ride the steed with her as he often did. "I..uh..I'm not a good rider. I can't ride it on my own." she looked to Zhuwen, her apprehension was clear in her face.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience..!" Turning a little red-faced, she gave them an apologetic bow for taking up precious time.
The blushing Ding Yi made Zhuwen chuckle and he couldn't help but feel that the lady was just irresistibly adorable. None of the three warriors seemed annoyed at all as Zhuwen dismounted. He walked over to Ding Yi and the steed.

"It ain't a problem. We can't take our leisure time since that guy's men might come any moment, so we'll just ride together. Just be sure to hold on tight, and if you need to rest and get off the horse just tell me. I know it might be uncomfortable for you to ride with me but you'll just have to. I know it ain't going to be too bad for me," he said in a way that was joking and soft more than perverted.

He helped Ding Yi get on the back of the horse gently and then went on himself. Zhuwen looked over to his men.

"Well, looks like you guys are in luck. Lang, get on the other horse."

The fat soldier was quick and happy to oblige as he dismounted and went on the other horse. With that Zhuwen nodded and signaled to move. The trio steeds made their way over the mountainous terrain over the north and made quite a few detours. It would be around 20 minutes or so that they would arrive near a river in the mountains where Zhuwen's camp was stationed.

Walking inside, the soldiers there were quick to welcome back their leader. Zhuwen dismounted and helped Ding Yi get off as well.

"Alright... Do you need some rest? I'll prepare a tent for you if you're tired. Otherwise, I'm going to need some information on the other officers that you want to look for."
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

Surprisingly, Ding Yi just nodded to the warrior in affirmation, not at all minding his comment this time. As long as she had someone to handle the creature, she was certain she could manage the rest.

Triangulating between the steed and Zhuwen, she wrapped an arm over his shoulder for support, while her other hand pulled her skirt to one side. Zhuwen might smell a hinting scent of jasmine which lingered on her clothes. The ascent was a little unsteady as she was not used to Zhuwen's height and build compared to Bai Guan's stature. Once she steadied herself on the back of the animal, even noting to tuck and secure her long hair under her collar, Yi held on firmly to the saddle.

Ding Yi stared in astonishment at the camp when they neared it, it was larger than she had expected. She held onto the hand Zhuwen extended for the dismount. She was tired, but her fellow officers were of far greater importance than her wanting rest. She mentioned Wen Luan whom Zhuwen had already met, then described "Sisi" or Sri Ari Lei, a woman who looked child-like, and her sister Shou-Tao; Hu Kang, a scholar and Zhu Ping the youth.

When she finished, her expression changed all of a sudden, as she realised.. "You're not going back there yourself now, are you?"
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

"Shi Tong is a good man. I do not hold him responsible. He spared my life without forcing me into service. I would not mind serving such an honorable man." His voice shook softly and he pulled himself closer to Ping. He had to make an effort to show he was okay, as he always had. It used to be easy. Holding this back felt like holding back a great river. Bile rose into his throat and he made a noise that suggested it might complete its journey but it fell again. If he opened his mouth to talk, he wouldn't be so lucky again. Or, rather, Ping wouldn't be.
Skills: Confuse II, Poison I, Public Planner II, Doctor, Civil Administrator II, Propagandist I, Scout I, Scribe I
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

He nodded and held Kang gently but firmly, not flinching as he retched, and then gently moved back and pressed against the scholar's shoulder to indicate he should lie back. "We can serve him, then, if you want. Whatever you wanna do, Kang, I'm with you." He climbed off the bed and fetched a large bowl which he brought back to place beside his brother on the bed. "Here, incase you, ya know." He knelt beside him on the bed again and returned to slowly and gently rubbing his stomach. "Can I get you any medicine? Maybe a doctor?" He seemed more interested in caring for Kang than worrying about his state, very calm and a gentle smile never far from his lips, but he waited to see what his patient would request.
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II
Kayfen
Ensign

Post by Kayfen »

Aisha wrote:He nodded and held Kang gently but firmly, not flinching as he retched, and then gently moved back and pressed against the scholar's shoulder to indicate he should lie back. "We can serve him, then, if you want. Whatever you wanna do, Kang, I'm with you." He climbed off the bed and fetched a large bowl which he brought back to place beside his brother on the bed. "Here, incase you, ya know." He knelt beside him on the bed again and returned to slowly and gently rubbing his stomach. "Can I get you any medicine? Maybe a doctor?" He seemed more interested in caring for Kang than worrying about his state, very calm and a gentle smile never far from his lips, but he waited to see what his patient would request.
"No...No medicine. No doctor." His lids drooped and his breathing slowed. "No thank you," he said softly. "No...no harlots...taking away my...my P-..." His head lolled to the side and in an instant he was asleep.
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

Meia wrote:Surprisingly, Ding Yi just nodded to the warrior in affirmation, not at all minding his comment this time. As long as she had someone to handle the creature, she was certain she could manage the rest.

Triangulating between the steed and Zhuwen, she wrapped an arm over his shoulder for support, while her other hand pulled her skirt to one side. Zhuwen might smell a hinting scent of jasmine which lingered on her clothes. The ascent was a little unsteady as she was not used to Zhuwen's height and build compared to Bai Guan's stature. Once she steadied herself on the back of the animal, even noting to tuck and secure her long hair under her collar, Yi held on firmly to the saddle.

Ding Yi stared in astonishment at the camp when they neared it, it was larger than she had expected. She held onto the hand Zhuwen extended for the dismount. She was tired, but her fellow officers were of far greater importance than her wanting rest. She mentioned Wen Luan whom Zhuwen had already met, then described "Sisi" or Sri Ari Lei, a woman who looked child-like, and her sister Shou-Tao; Hu Kang, a scholar and Zhu Ping the youth.

When she finished, her expression changed all of a sudden, as she realised.. "You're not going back there yourself now, are you?"
"Me? No, I'm leaving that up to my men."

He crossed his arms and looked at the a few of the men who had been present along with the two.

"Okay Chief, I'll get a few others and search right away," one of them said with a salute and then ran off. Zhuwen simply nodded and then turned his attention back to Ding Yi.

"I'm going to guess it's going to take a bit while for the information to be gathered. Maybe even a day. So... There might really not be many things to do in this place, but you're free to do whatever you want. You want some food? Rest?"
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

((Why is Masamune-sama gone?!? *sob*))

Ding Yi relaxed visibly when he said he was not leaving the camp. Exhaling and pressing her hand on her forehead, she softly replied, "Rest, please.., that is what I would like." She had alot on her mind, but at the moment she was too tired to unravel her thoughts or discuss them with her benefactor. While her tent was being prepared, Yi sat and waited quietly, her thoughts with Wen Luan and the other officers.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Crim wrote:Thanking the abbot for the rented room, Xiang Jun would beg more from the holy man. He would ask who caused the burial of Han Guang in Yan when it is a known fact that he fell in Jibei.

"Abbot," he would say. "I am looking for a fellow named Luan Bu, right hand man to the late Han Guang. I have strong suspicions that it was he who invited me to the gravesite of Han Guang, yet I have no way of confirming this. Pray tell, have you any information on the whereabouts of this Luan Bu?"
"Ah . . . yes . . . General Luan," replied the abbot, nodding his head, "After the death of Han Guang, he comes and goes with the wind, never staying overlong in any place. He remains in this area primarily because he feels it is his obligation to guard the grave of his former master because of his failure to guard his master in life."
Li Dao Wen wrote:The smell of the cooking fire was more than apparent in the peaceful winds which blew through the grave site, and for what was the first time in over two decades, Xun Jiang's heart was serene. Looking up the yellowed grass hill, he saw his observer in the distance, the features of his face accentuated by the afternoon glaze. The look on the grizzled veteran's face seemed passive and nonchalant to him, though it was obviously far from complacent; Xun Jiang could feel that underneath that rough exterior of his is the heart of a lion and the soul of a warrior.

Ascending the hill with a calm approach, Xun Jiang addressed Luan Bu when he was but a few non-threatening meters away. His halberd pointed down low, perhaps maintaining a sense of decorum before the man as some awkward sign of respect. Though he was usually not so placid -nay, he was often brutal and unrelenting to be exact- his sense of professionalism would not permit him to preemptively strike anyone who was having a simple meal.

His gruff voice belying some unseen purpose, Xun Jiang finally spoke. "Are you Luan Bu?"
Rising from his seat to his impressive eight spans in height, the powerfully built man regarded Xun Jiang with cold, unflinching eyes. He exuded an air of quiet confidence and determination as if he was unafraid of death tinged by a wariness towards this . . . interloper. "Aye I'm Luan Bu . . ." he acknowledged, nodding. Frowning, he continued, "Who's asking?"