Yue Provincial Roleplay

Post by ann »

For Roleplay in Yue.
AaronH229
General

Re: Yue Provincial Roleplay

Post by AaronH229 »

The Beginnings of the Wolf:

Pang Jian was in a pensive frame of mind. Word had reached Yue long since that the Qin had been toppled with Xiang Yu seizing the reins of power with his virtual exile of Liu Bang to Shu-Ba and Pang Jian had made his first steps onto what he saw as being his road to greatness. Now all he had left to do was to grab control of one of the cities in Yue and his power base would be created, that however was something which he was unsure he could achieve with the ease with which he had managed to take his first steps towards power. Calling out he had the sergeant of his small bodyguard called into the room with him he gestured the man into a seat.

"Chao, I find a need to vocalise my thoughts and sadly you are the only one I have in this town who is possessed of even a modicum of intelligence hence, you are my choice. As you know I have decided to embark upon a path to bring to me the rightful power which of course involves taking control of one of the cities in the province but to do so I need to either fabricate or gather enough information to have the denizens and guard forces of a city rise up and overthrow the ruler and install me in his place, it seems obvious however that somehow I need to draw in others with some talent to aid me in this endeavour and to later hold onto my power should I manage to achieve it, what troubles me however is how exactly I can go about this...."

The sergeant mostly only listening with half an ear then speaks up.

"Could you not send out like a missive sir, to any you hear rumours of having some talent, or indeed give some people money to put up a proclamation from yourself in major cities in other provinces?"

Pang Jian almost jumps, looking at the man in shock, obviously not expecting anything out of the man's mouth, never mind something that would actually be of use. Nodding his head slightly he dismisses the man and bends his head over his desk, already formulating the missive which he would dispatch.
Warren220
New Recruit

Post by Warren220 »

"So you really think that's a good idea?"
"Of course I do! Shut up!"
"But there's so many objections-"
"Stop talking to yourself!"

Liu Bai led the front, whilst the older Xiu Li and Wu Mei travelled behind. Sometimes he wondered how he'd ever got them to join him- his instincts may have been reasonable, but his intellect was absolutely pathetic.

It was never a good idea to make a bad first impression, however. On the advice of the comparatively wise Wu Mei, he had made a point of planning things out beforehand. The trouble was that it was comparatively difficult for him to plan what to say without saying it...

"This is Renze. Last chance to turn back, I guess."
"Plan A is in the bin, Wu Mei. I think we'll have to join Pang Jian."
Liu Bai;80-81-20-55-42/Discipline II, Charge II, Qiangshu II, Delay II
Age 16
100 gold
Followers:
Xiu Li((46) 56-84-54-63-56 Civil Administrator II, Challenge I, Dash I, Instructor I, Deride I
Wu Mei(43) 65-60-70-74-49 Qiangshu I, Scribe I, Charge I, Inspire I, Artisan I, Discipline I
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

A large man approached the administrative buildings of the town of Renze. When there, he handed a letter over to whomever might be on lookout, explaining that he had been summoned by Pang Jian, and was wondering where he could meet him.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

A young woman, dressed in a plain purple robe, a shirt of chain mail barely visable under the clothes, can be seen walking up the steps to the new audience hall of Renze where Pang Jian took guests. Frowning, the young woman approached the guards of the large building.

"Ive have come to see Pang Jian. You can tell him the shadow has come"
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Xiang Zhuang:

The young guard looking slightly worried under his boiled leather helmet and behind his leather breastplate. Calling out to the local sergeant his voice breaking between a manly baritone and a childish falsetto. Shortly a somewhat more grizzled man walks out of a nearby house and gives the young lad a reassuring pat on the shoulder before guiding the guest towards the centre of the town where a slightly grander house seemed to be the residence of the District Manager, the matter was quickly settled when the man is shown into the small front room where Pang Jian is sat comparing writing on several scrolls, placing some to one side and throwing others into a small fire. Looking up abruptly he gestures the man towards a seat where on a low table next to it sits a steaming cup of tea though no servants seemed to be present at all.

"Please, take a seat and some tea if it pleases you. You have the dubious honour of being the first to come to me in response to my letters and missives, I assume it has inspired some interest in my plans and that you have some queries or at least one line of question you wish me to answer in the best way I can."

Lu Ying:

Somewhat baffled the young guard on duty guides the guest out to a small building set apart from the town somewhat which when she is shown in reveals itself to be full of many many scrolls and the majority of those tended to be records of tax yields and conscripts which had been called up by the town for many years earlier than the current. Looking up from his scratching of the current months reports onto the latest piece of the current years scroll he nods once slowly and gestures to a place within his field of view and continues to write before speaking without a pause in his report.

"Good day, I am pleased in your response to my missive and hope that your sparked interest is such that I am able to illuminate you as to my plans and ambitions enough to have the pleasure of gifting you a residence here in Renzhe until I take somewhat grander quarters such as the palace in Wuzhong. So please, outline the shape of your interest in me."

For the Governor of Wuzhong:

Pang Jian at the head of a small entourage makes his way to the city of Wuzhong and petitions the governor to meet with the District Manager of Renzhe if possible.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

AaronH229 wrote:Pang Jian at the head of a small entourage makes his way to the city of Wuzhong and petitions the governor to meet with the District Manager of Renzhe if possible.
The man was led into the audience chambers where he was brought into the opulently decorated audience chamber by a number of burly looking guardsmen. Sitting at a table at the end of the hall, Min Mao, the Governor of the city of Wuzhong, was busy eating his noonday meal with a pair of gold chopsticks. Looking up from his meal, Min Mao set the chopsticks down onto the table. "What do you want?" he said in an impatient tone.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

AaronH229 wrote:The young guard looking slightly worried under his boiled leather helmet and behind his leather breastplate. Calling out to the local sergeant his voice breaking between a manly baritone and a childish falsetto. Shortly a somewhat more grizzled man walks out of a nearby house and gives the young lad a reassuring pat on the shoulder before guiding the guest towards the centre of the town where a slightly grander house seemed to be the residence of the District Manager, the matter was quickly settled when the man is shown into the small front room where Pang Jian is sat comparing writing on several scrolls, placing some to one side and throwing others into a small fire. Looking up abruptly he gestures the man towards a seat where on a low table next to it sits a steaming cup of tea though no servants seemed to be present at all.

"Please, take a seat and some tea if it pleases you. You have the dubious honour of being the first to come to me in response to my letters and missives, I assume it has inspired some interest in my plans and that you have some queries or at least one line of question you wish me to answer in the best way I can."
"Naturally," said Fang Ai, taking the seat offered him. "I am surprised no others have come yet." He scratched at his chin, looking away from the district manager. "I have not been this far south before," he said. "I am from Qi, and never saw much reason to leave the area. It's a bit warmer down here, but it is not quite the barbarian-infested lands that I had heard about before. Get many problems with the Yue tribes to the south?"
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

CaoChao:

Pang Jian makes a respectful bow to the man in front of him before straightening and speaking of his purpose in his visit.

"I come here to the provincial capital for two reasons, firstly to pay my respects to your esteemed self and secondly to give you the reports of the last months tax income. I was also wondering if you might offer me some advice on how best to govern commoners....I hope you have the time to help me in my tasks."

Xiang Zhuang:

Jian allows a slight smile to turn his lips slightly at the man's laid back attitude along with his surprise as to the lack of barbarity even this far south.

"Well, to be frank we do not seem to have much trouble with the tribes in recent years as they seem to be fighting among themselves with the other barbarians to the south, mostly we have managed to profit by selling them sub standard weapons and buying exotic goods for a fraction of their cost. Though I remember nearly 17 years ago when I first joined the militia in the city of Wuzhong raids from the Yue were common occurrence."
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

AaronH229 wrote:Pang Jian makes a respectful bow to the man in front of him before straightening and speaking of his purpose in his visit.

"I come here to the provincial capital for two reasons, firstly to pay my respects to your esteemed self and secondly to give you the reports of the last months tax income. I was also wondering if you might offer me some advice on how best to govern commoners....I hope you have the time to help me in my tasks."
"If you are properly paying your respects, then you would be bringing tribute," replied Min Miao in a cold voice, as he leaned forward onto a hand as he regarded his guest with a challenging look. "Where is the gold and silver? I don't see anything . . ."

"Don't be a bleeding heart," replied Min Miao coldly, as he leaned back on his seat rest. "That's the best advice I can give. Tax the sonsofbitches. If they try and resist, beat the crap out of them with your troops. That's the only way to rule. Make . . . and if necessary force the peons to understand the difference between their ruler and themselves."