Mingzi's Traveling Caravan

General market, plus player-owned markets here.

Moderator: Game Masters

aycheff
Ensign

Re: Mingzi's Traveling Caravan

Post by aycheff »

Chinka

"Ah, Lord Cheng Dang," Lan Yin replied, remembering the man from the last time he had come to the shop. "Master Mingzi recently found a way to more efficiently create items that are just as durable for less cost but we haven't modified our pricing yet. Therefore I am willing to lower the price to 115 gold for your order and it would be done in June. Is this acceptable to you?"
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Cheng Dang thought of a sarcastic remark but it was unbefitting of a Prefect, and was beneath him regardless.

That would be acceptable. And give your master my congratulations on discovering his new technique. Do you need a deposit, or may I pay when I retrieve the Javelins?

OOC: Money is a little tight in Wei, I can pay now, but it would be excellent if I could pay in the month of june.
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

((My apologies for the delay! I've been slacking.))

The younger woman contemplated for a moment and then took a glance through her record book. "I think that could be arranged, Lord Cheng. We'll have your javelin ready by next month."
lutai
Lieutenant

Post by lutai »

Ma Rai heard of the man Mingzi, and dediced to pay him to visit sense he need some weapons.So he went to go see him, and to ask for a sword he could buy.

"Hello are you Mingzi,I am Ma Rai from Chang Shan may I buy a sword from you good sir".

he asked with a polite tone.

(Ma Rai would like to have a Level 1 sword)
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Mister Ma," Mingzi said, quite befuddled at the amount of people he had talked to recently. He had never expected running a shop to be so much work, at least for himself. "Such a sword would cost 80 gold, however, I'm not sure if my schedule will be open until July," the man frowned at this. "You see, I rely on my assistant, the gifted Lan Yin, for much of the shop's organization and schedule keeping and she has been sick as of late. Nothing serious," he said, waving his arm as if to wave off any concern ahead of time, "but she can't attend to her normal tasks."

The man tapped his finger to his chin a few times and came up with an idea. "How about I sweeten the deal for you and simultaneously make up for any unexpected delay? If you're willing to wait until July for your sword so that I can handle some other business in the meantime I'll give you a book for for free." Mingzi's grin had returned. "I heard the fellow who ordered it had some.. complications but hey, his loss is your gain right?" Then there was the manner of that armor that he had just sitting around collecting dust. "And," he added, "if you're willing to pay just a little bit more.. say 50 gold, I'll throw in some armor that's been collecting dust too." Sure, he could have probably charged an absurd amount of gold and made all profit but something felt wrong about it to Mingzi.

"So how about it?" The smith asked. "A sword, armor, and a book for 130 gold if you're willing to wait for the sword until July."
lutai
Lieutenant

Post by lutai »

aycheff wrote:"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Mister Ma," Mingzi said, quite befuddled at the amount of people he had talked to recently. He had never expected running a shop to be so much work, at least for himself. "Such a sword would cost 80 gold, however, I'm not sure if my schedule will be open until July," the man frowned at this. "You see, I rely on my assistant, the gifted Lan Yin, for much of the shop's organization and schedule keeping and she has been sick as of late. Nothing serious," he said, waving his arm as if to wave off any concern ahead of time, "but she can't attend to her normal tasks."

The man tapped his finger to his chin a few times and came up with an idea. "How about I sweeten the deal for you and simultaneously make up for any unexpected delay? If you're willing to wait until July for your sword so that I can handle some other business in the meantime I'll give you a book for for free." Mingzi's grin had returned. "I heard the fellow who ordered it had some.. complications but hey, his loss is your gain right?" Then there was the manner of that armor that he had just sitting around collecting dust. "And," he added, "if you're willing to pay just a little bit more.. say 50 gold, I'll throw in some armor that's been collecting dust too." Sure, he could have probably charged an absurd amount of gold and made all profit but something felt wrong about it to Mingzi.

"So how about it?" The smith asked. "A sword, armor, and a book for 130 gold if you're willing to wait for the sword until July."
Ma Rai's right eyebrow rose up after hearing such a deal he was offered,"um, may I ask did anyone else of the name Ma Shensun come by and purchase from your store?.Because if he did then, that man was my older brother he was killed by that bandit called Zang Kai in Chang Shan not to long ago.But I shall do as you say and wait till July,but it is your choice on what you want to give me".Rai just looked at Mingzi, and waited for a answer.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

After tracking down rumors to where the whereabouts of the Caravan, Cheng Dang finally found it. Arriving with a sack of coins, he made his presence know

I'm looking for the Great Mingzi! I have his money, right here.
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

((Sorry for any delays, super busy. Also, double sorry to lutai as I worded the date wrong on when I needed to postpone working on the sword until.))

lutai

"Yeah, that sounds like the fellow that got stabbed," Mingzi replied, wincing as he remembered that he was talking about the man's brother. It didn't take long for his rakish grin to return though. "Either way, 130 gold and an understanding that I won't be able to start your order until July and all the items are yours. I'll give you the book and armor now and you'll have your sword in August."

Chinka

Much to what would be Lan Yin's later regret, Mingzi was the one manning the store and heard the line about him being 'the Great Mingzi.' The gaunt blacksmith moved swiftly to meet the man who would give him anything that even sounded like praise. "Ah, greetings! I am Mingzi, I do not believe we've met before but given the slow nature of recent business I can venture a guess, Lord Cheng Dang, is it?" He signaled at a few particularly well fed peasants that seemed to be lazing about around the store and they immediately went off to fetch something. They returned shortly afterward with a set of throwing javelins and presented them to the man. "I believe our books have you listed at 115g, which given our new pricing isn't really a deal, so I'm going to knock the price down to 100 pretty coins for this order," the merchant said with a grin.

Mingzi gives Javelin to Cheng Dang
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Your deals just get better all the time. The book, was perfect, and I'm sure these javelins are better than I can expect. So now I have another proposition I was looking for a Master crafted Billhook for my oldest friend could you tell me your prices?

Cheng Dang Pays for the Javelins while inquiring about the Billhook

OOC: I'm looking at a level 7 or 8 possibly crafted taking multiple turns I was looking to spend around 1000-1500 gold.

OOC: Noting this in the KT. -100 Gold From Cheng Dang's Kingdom, +100 to Mingzi!
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

After accepting the gold and handing it over to a peasant to run back to a cart, Mingzi removed a small book from his person and began to write in it, when he was finished he removed the page and offered it to the man. "These are the prices I can currently offer for crafting such an item. However, I should note that I've already taken on two orders from customers and most likely would not be able to start working on the item until August. At least, unless some unfortunate circumstances come into play." Mingzi avoided mentioning that one of the people he had crafted armor for had ended up being used as a sword holder by bandits, seemed like it would be bad for business.

The page read:
Level 7 Billhook: 1450 (one month), 1225 (two months), 1100 (three months)
Level 8 Billhook: 1725 (two months), 1500 (three months), 1400 (four months)
Mingzi has received 100 gold from Cheng Dang