Mingzi's Traveling Caravan

General market, plus player-owned markets here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Jin Shi
Colonel

Re: Mingzi's Traveling Caravan

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su arrived, again in a hurry it seemed. He ran up to the caravan on a shiny new cadillac and said

"Hello, can I pick up my javelin? Oh, it's Ma Su."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Cheng Dang arrives waiting, for a clerk to give him his book.
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

Jin Shi

"Of course, Lord Ma," replied Lan Yin, quickly regaining her composure after being startled by the hurried man. She gestured towards the table and a shiny new javelin sitting atop it, "the javelin there is yours, Lord Ma. I hope you don't have to use it but if you do you'll surely be pleased with Master Mingzi's work."

Mingzi's Caravan has given a Javelin to Ma Su.

Chinka

Lan Yin smiled when she recognized the man who had arrived. "Lord Cheng, you must be here for your biography," as she spoke she collected the book from the table and offered it to the man. "I hope it's to your liking."

Mingzi's Caravan has given Dog of Qin (+3 Command Book) to Cheng Dang
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su nodded and smiled as he was greeted by the pretty lady again. He took the javelin, and, since they were already outdoors, he threw it up into the air as high as he could. He caught it as it fell back to earth, and he laughed a short but powerful laugh. "Ha! This is excellent. You work with a true craftsman. I thank you, and send him my regards. Please tell him that he is more than welcome to come visit me at the capital anytime he wishes. And you too, ma'am." He winked at her as he remounted his horse and took off in a hurry. He had great plans for this javelin...
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

One day in April an officials little man called Niu Miao bustled into the shop in seek of a doctor. After clearing his throat several times he said, "A doctor is needed in Chu! Have you one available? The King's relative is injured and needs some assistance!"
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

Jin Shi

Lan Yin blushed a bit at the man's wink and didn't manage a response before he took off. Midway through hammering bronze into armor, Mingzi suddenly felt a strange mixture of pride, dejection, and jealousy.

ann

Mingzi happened to be available at the shop, choosing to avoid working rather than to avoid customers. The mention of a king's relative made his eyes light up with greed, while the mention of Chu had the opposite effect and caused him some disappointment. "I'm available but this, uh," Mingzi wasn't sporting his usual grin as he spoke, "this is Wu." At this he stopped and decided to change tactics, maybe hinting that the official wasn't sure where he was might not be a wise idea. "It would be the highest honor to administer to a relative of the King's health," he quickly stated in an attempt to make up for any potential insult. "With current logistics it would take me two months to make it to Chu," he continued in a sad tone. "Unless I had some alternate form of getting there, at least," Mingzi concluded, thinking that the official might know something that he didn't.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The officious little man sighed and then said, "No.. I had hoped you knew of someone or perhaps had a network. Doctors are so hard to come by." He left the store.
aycheff
Ensign

Post by aycheff »

"Wait, wait, wait," Mingzi called out as he sprinted after the man. If he caught up to the man he would produce a black book with several very detailed pictures of skulls and crossbones on the cover that read "ENEMY Merchants." He flipped through several pages muttering as he did so. "Li Family, Mai Zu, Sho Tao, Po Huai, ah, here we are," he turned the book towards the man. "There's supposedly another traveling doctor who's willing to do house calls, though I don't know what their schedule is like, maybe they could help. Their name is Tu Shu'er and they call their shop Lanr, Lanrooshu? Lanroshi? Manowar? Well, something along those lines. I wouldn't know exactly how to go about finding where the shop is now, though."
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Impressed by his book Cheng Dang came to visit the Traveling Caravan again this time in search of some weapons after looking at few of the painted examples he found what he was searching for

Ah here they are, I want these.

He was referring to a set of throwing Javelins
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

The little man nodded and said, "Thank you for the information! My master will appreciate your helpfulness." He then set off on the long walk back to chu.

======

On a bright morning near the end of April the officious beaurocrat arrived and made an inspection. Nothing could be found amiss despite much sniffing around.