OK so changes complete for Yidao battle, now Mardagg and gang in charge

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Announcements

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 am

Extended battles...

Had a nice suggestion from IRC chat

So, when you end a battle in a stalemate and you attack again next turn, you will auto win the random leader draw if there are multiple attackers as leader.

IF you lose though and defenders actually defeated you, this does not count. It also has to be following month, if you come back 2 months later, it's back to a random draw.

So if we look at this turn for example. Ma Feng actually lost that battle, his melee dropped to 0 so even should he attack again this month and others do as well, it will be according to the regular rules.

If however we look at Qin E, ended with neither side winning so if he attacks this month again, no matter how many others try, he will automatically be the leader since it counts as an extended battle.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 am

Issue with the tactic that lowers cost by 5 stamina in the PP tool for 2nd portion of the month,6-10

If you ran out of stamina in that portion and had that activated, let me know and I'll double check

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:14 pm

viewtopic.php?p=180022#p180022

Read Guardian Arrow's posts on this, if you feel it might affect you in a win / loss kind of way in last month's battles, PM me

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:39 pm

I know fighting bots is a lost cause but anyway added a custom field on registration, you need to ID the middle number, which is 4. If ever you invite someone and it's not clear though seems pretty straightforward

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Made some major logic changes to the battle tool because of armament losses and such so I expect some hiccups next battle phase, please be gentle :oops:

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Raised amount of PMs you can have since we're a small community and y'all scheming bastards :mrgreen:

If you don't see yours as 200 max, let me know so I can look into it

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:19 am

Game is seeing some OOC alliances form, which I am fine with, I'd prefer if players RP'ed them out more openly so it adds to the game, even a good back story would be awesome, but they are what they are and I don't see a way around it.

That being said, could be mighty tempting with the tools and fast turns to multi-account or play for another that has gone inactive. Don't.

Every database transaction registers the submitter's IP address. I don't mind a player doing a turn here and there for another because they are sick, away, etc, just let me know when you do so or I'll have a hard time trusting you. If any of you share a location, I just need to know so we don't end up with 7 people from the Smith family taking over China.

Here's the post with the info, will add one as well in the rules: IP Sharing

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Support attacks

Based off three battles last turn (may be even more) noticed support damage was WAY too high. Double checked formula Kymvir had done and I basically put a decimal in the wrong place. Adjusted that as well as some other logic and did some quick tests, more happy with it but I'll keep an eye out over next few turns.

So to give you math crackers an idea of the adjustments, here are the before and after of the three target battles. Looks like about 1/3 less casualties from support layer.

Battle turn 6 against Yixiang (Village) - Xun Ro (NPC) for Li Sheng (Mal Tijie), Mao MaRen (Rebel), Ma Feng (One Sun Mirror), Fei Lai (Phailak) wrote:
Numbers 505 support soldiers, 152 sup att, 135 mel def

Turn 1 original result: From Support layer, Attacker has dealt Defender 158 casualties to their Melee layer,
79 armaments were lost,
Defender now has 107 soldiers left in Melee layer, 127 total.

Turn 1 new result with adjustment: From Support layer, Attacker has dealt Defender 54 casualties to their Melee layer, 27 armaments were lost, Defender now has 211 soldiers left in Melee layer, 231 total.

Battle turn 6 against Jingling (Village) - Cui You (NPC) for Jian Bian (Suicide Fox), Rah-Ky (Knuckle) wrote:
Numbers 417 support soldiers, 117 sup att, 147 mel def

Turn 1 original result: From Support layer, Attacker has dealt Defender 94 casualties to their Melee layer,
53 armaments were lost,
Defender now has 156 soldiers left in Melee layer, 174 total.

Turn 1 new result with adjustment: From Support layer, Attacker has dealt Defender 31 casualties to their Melee layer, 17 armaments were lost, Defender now has 219 soldiers left in Melee layer, 237 total.

Numbers 699 support soldiers, 145 sup att, 78 mel def

Turn 1 original result: From Support layer, Attacker has dealt Defender 360 casualties to their Melee layer,
179 armaments were lost,
Defender now has 540 soldiers left in Melee layer, 610 total.

Turn 1 new result with adjustment: From Support layer, Attacker has dealt Defender 114 casualties to their Melee layer, 57 armaments were lost, Defender now has 786 soldiers left in Melee layer, 856 total.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:36 pm

I know, I know, alot of announcements.

So, when you pass phase 2 and haven't withdrawn, you don't get to put 0 soldiers anymore, whatever army you brought has to be set. Main reason behind this is to stop some spamming that can occur with sending weak NPCs with 10 soldiers to take places that can't defend or basically using attacks to spy.

Abandoning locations is a bad thing. If you want to be a warmonger, that's your thing, but you will have to live with the desertions that come with it. To avoid penalties, you need to show the people you are actually trying to protect them. If you can't send 20% of the attacking force can't send 250 for a village, 1000 for a town, X for a city (to be determined later) don't bother sending anything because you will suffer the desertions anyway. Yes this means you can't spread yourself too thin because many small attacks could be your undoing. If people feel abandoned, you will suffer desertion to your soldiers the following turn and lose income and soldier recruitment for that same turn to the tune of:

If you abandon a village, 10% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 15% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a town, 15% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 20% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a city, 20% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 25% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
*exception if you abandon your last settlement and end up in a camp, no losses incurred there

You will note the more holdings you have, the steeper the penalty is, did that on purpose, more power you have the more impact there is when people are upset.

These are arbitrary numbers, I'll see how it goes and adjust if too steep or not steep enough.

Return to “Announcements”