Announcements

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Announcements

Postby Phailak » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Guys

I'm going to my brother's birthday party tomorrow so you can all try to get your turns in but very likely I will only phase change sunday at some point.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 am

As per post in Wu attack, Jolt's submission messed up, attack is taking place.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:11 pm

I didn't forget penalties for abandoning locations, will do that tomorrow

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 am

Phailak wrote:
Abandoning locations is a bad thing. If you want to be a warmonger, that's your thing, but you will have to live with the desertions that come with it. To avoid penalties, you need to show the people you are actually trying to protect them. If you can't send 20% of the attacking force can't send 250 for a village, 1000 for a town, X for a city (to be determined later) don't bother sending anything because you will suffer the desertions anyway. Yes this means you can't spread yourself too thin because many small attacks could be your undoing. If people feel abandoned, you will suffer desertion to your soldiers the following turn and lose income and soldier recruitment for that same turn to the tune of:

If you abandon a village, 10% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 15% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a town, 15% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 20% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a city, 20% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 25% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
*exception if you abandon your last settlement and end up in a camp, no losses incurred there

Concerning this, made an amendment which I think makes more sense as the game progresses.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Phailak wrote:
Phailak wrote:
Abandoning locations is a bad thing. If you want to be a warmonger, that's your thing, but you will have to live with the desertions that come with it. To avoid penalties, you need to show the people you are actually trying to protect them. If you can't send 20% of the attacking force can't send 250 for a village, 1000 for a town, X for a city (to be determined later) don't bother sending anything because you will suffer the desertions anyway. Yes this means you can't spread yourself too thin because many small attacks could be your undoing. If people feel abandoned, you will suffer desertion to your soldiers the following turn and lose income and soldier recruitment for that same turn to the tune of:

If you abandon a village, 10% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 15% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a town, 15% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 20% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a city, 20% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 25% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
*exception if you abandon your last settlement and end up in a camp, no losses incurred there

Concerning this, made an amendment which I think makes more sense as the game progresses.

MORE changes to this once I saw the math, it will be 5, 10 and 15% for desertion, production stays the same.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Yuk.

So, typo in the PP execution formula means you guys have been getting WAY too much XP from the PPs. Fixing it now, expect those numbers to drop drastically next PP.

Might have other repercussions like price to improve stats and skills, we'll see

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm

So PP gains and random numbers have changed to try and keep with the gains we have been seeing since game start:

When it said
5 + 1-6, becomes 45 + 5-20
8 + 1-8, becomes 60 + 5-30
10 + 1-10, becomes 75 + 5-40
12 + 1-6, becomes 90 + 5-40

I'll update the tables and such later, DB is updated to reflect this so in effect immediately.

Now, if you are so inclined, you can go back in your PPs and check if you got below 500 XP FOR THE WHOLE MONTH without having failed stamina and low prod / mot and point me to it in the bug thread. I'll boost you up to 500 for those. Make sure you link right PP so I can easily find it and point out the difference

As per usual, I might need to adjust these later on

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:14 pm

OK people, with turn change comes a small change in the BM tool

You can now specify WHICH leader you wish to support. This is untested so I will follow it closely, if it's weird or not working as expected, please advise

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 am

OK extending the turn another 24 hours as we need to make a few changes and it might affect plans for some.

First, starting next turn, there will be a limit on NPCs you can have. This is going to be more restricted next version, but as of right now, the base is 3 if you have no location. You can have an extra 2 PER village you administer, 3 per town, 5 per city. If you lose the locations, you can keep the NPCs but can't acquire new ones. If you capture some, you would have to decide who to let go in the battle thread. If you already have past this amount (like me) you just can't acquire new ones until you acquire new locations.

The reason for this is simple, it's a snowball effect where at one point you will be producing too many NPCs per turn and then have 100 training each turn, simply does not make sense. If you want to release NPCs so you can get new ones that are better, post in the retirement thread. viewtopic.php?p=179536#p179536

Second is a concern from quite a few players now about defense traps. So the idea is you can wait for your enemy to attack a location, send ALL your troops there and the attacker can't retreat and basically loses. A bit of a catch 22, because this might make the game stall as everyone waits for everyone else to attack. So this is why we're adding 24 hours:

A defender cannot receive MORE than 50% of the soldiers he is fielding himself. So if he has 1000 troops, even if 3000 are sent, he can only field another 500. Not sure if this will stop this 'plan' but it should help plan attacks, will adjust as needed.

Finally, there will be a minimum needed to lead attacks. This is another concern players have brought up. If you are attacking a village with less than 200 soldiers, you can only support another. For a town, you need 500. 1500 for a city. If you try and attack without that minimum and try to lead, your force will be withdrawn. Also to try and help with this X diff people all leading to have better chance for your group to win the random draw. Again, will adjust numbers if they don't make sense.

Comments / suggestions per usual are welcomed

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm

That whole desertion mess is way too complicated to manage. I'm trying to figure out a way to minimize players abandoning their locations but even with the penalties, players still are. So will give it some thought, if you have suggestions please advise.

Return to “Announcements”