Announcements

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Announcements

Postby Phailak » Wed May 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Should be quite a few announcements in the next few days because lots of stuff needs fixing.

First, I fixed the issue in Rebel's battle where his support layer were not executing. It was not working for effectiveness tactics.

I'll be implementing code to fix something that allowed you to choose same tactic more than once in the same round for next turn. No more 3 x raid 1
You can do raid 1, raid 2 and raid 3, but can't use same tactic more than once per round.

I'll fix this whole -X casualties and -y armaments

Another issue where we saw more armaments lost than actual soldiers, prob a math type

Final issue which I'll apply losses manually after. Seems you folks in support roles (attacking support or reinforcing defense) were not suffering casualties. I'll get that fixed and will apply this turn's casualties manually. Will not go back retroactively though, that would be an insane amount of work.

I'm still pushing with the hosting service about these stupid timeout issues. It's on all my domains, FTP and cpanel so it's not a site or code issue. Hopefully they figure it out

EDIT: Note to self, check for NPCs retired that can still take actions

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Guys

Server migration went through, Shen Feng and others mentioned it looked like at least a few posts were missing like Rebel's, you should double check your entries as well with the tools

On the bright side, site is super fast now it seems, hope it stays that way

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri May 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Phailak wrote:Should be quite a few announcements in the next few days because lots of stuff needs fixing.

First, I fixed the issue in Rebel's battle where his support layer were not executing. It was not working for effectiveness tactics.

I'll be implementing code to fix something that allowed you to choose same tactic more than once in the same round for next turn. No more 3 x raid 1
You can do raid 1, raid 2 and raid 3, but can't use same tactic more than once per round.

I'll fix this whole -X casualties and -y armaments

Another issue where we saw more armaments lost than actual soldiers, prob a math type

Final issue which I'll apply losses manually after. Seems you folks in support roles (attacking support or reinforcing defense) were not suffering casualties. I'll get that fixed and will apply this turn's casualties manually. Will not go back retroactively though, that would be an insane amount of work.

I'm still pushing with the hosting service about these stupid timeout issues. It's on all my domains, FTP and cpanel so it's not a site or code issue. Hopefully they figure it out

EDIT: Note to self, check for NPCs retired that can still take actions

All done. Prepping next turn due date now

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed May 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Some issues found here so working on that before resuming battles, hopefully implement a fix tomorrow

viewtopic.php?f=207&t=5674

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Got to delay turn change, still issues with numbers in the database, will try to fix this weekend but might need to wait until monday

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon May 15, 2017 3:42 pm

OK implemented is max 50% of attack from supply penalties

Still need to review:

Morale impact on defense or not
Reduce supply tactics to 5-10-15 instead of 10-20-30
Effectiveness targeting. Needs to remove targets and target whole layer, not sure how to go about this.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Phailak wrote:OK implemented is max 50% of attack from supply penalties

Still need to review:

Morale impact on defense or not
Reduce supply tactics to 5-10-15 instead of 10-20-30
Effectiveness targeting. Needs to remove targets and target whole layer, not sure how to go about this.

OK because at this point let's be honest we're trying shit anyway, I will implement and monitor the following:

Reducing supply AND morale tactics to the 5-10-15 grades (DONE)
Morale impact defense but at a max of 75% (this means 75% + morale / 4 affect) vs 50% since morale affects speed AND effectiveness. (DONE)
Because effectiveness targets can NOT be in a layer, need to change the targeting system. Effectiveness will target ALL officers of opposing layer so for Faze, all melee officers, for confuse all support officers. This means it will be reduced to 3 - 6 - 9. (Reductions done, working on the logic to affect all officers)
Charge and others will go from 10-20-30 to 15-30-45 AND % instead of straight numbers, see how that works out. (DONE)

ANYONE that feels this messes up their character, I'll let you exchange any of the affected skills (which I guess means all of them outside the gold and soldiers bonus ones)

Pushing back turn change a day while I work on the eff changes

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 am

Phailak wrote:Charge and others will go from 10-20-30 to 15-30-45 AND % instead of straight numbers, see how that works out. (DONE)

OK, we will keep 15-30-45 but NOT put it in %, discussing with Mardagg, we could potentially have tactics reduce attack by 100%, going back to same issue as before, so it's a straight + / - to the attack or defense stats

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 am

When you assign another PC to your location, make sure you have their ok. If you don't and they refute OOC or IC, change will be reverted back, even if turn has changed.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Ah the joys of automated tools.

So for those watching chat, Suicide Fox claims the tool failed to register his decisions for the battles and my own character was withdrawn for same reason. Checked the code, seems fine but will keep an eye on it. In the meantime, and as a good habit to take, double check your entries and make sure they are saved by reloading the page. I put some checks in but I can't be responsible for everyone's actions nor can I delay turns because some are missing.

In this case, attacks were set and I judged it didn't really make sense to enforce the missed decision but in some cases, might not go your way so double check your stuff.

Return to “Announcements”