V6 ideas and suggestions

Wrath
New Recruit

Re: V6 ideas and suggestions

Postby Wrath » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Hey guys. I used to play Warlords back in the day, and Chinka has been informing me about how development is going around here. Waiting for V6 to actually join in. I just wanted to pop in and throw out my suggestion to make sure characters that don't necessarily want to lead troops and conquer have purpose. The way Chinka has explained to me how the sim is shaping out, it sounds like it might be getting away from established rulers recruiting other PCs to serve and making it more where every PC has their own force to conquer with.

Now, I haven't read through all of this thread, so I'm not sure exactly how accurate that is. But I did want to express my hope the sim will maintain room for individual character development that doesn't revolve around being a warlord. I know, for me, part of the fun of joining a sim was being wooed by other warlords to recruit my character into serving them. I am hoping there will still be room in the mechanics for individuals who want to act as mercenaries, assassins, individual merchants etc. so there will be a strong emphasis on RP and not just battling and Kingdom Turns.

Chinka also mentioned that (at least currently) there is no division between Personal and Kingdom Turns, and that is something I hope won't carry over to V6. I would very much like to see some emphasis on personal character growth, not just for kingdom/army/city development. Also, I would like to see some incentive for freelance characters who choose not to join up with a kingdom or lead one of their own. I think this would be good for diversity in how the game can be played. I know I'm just this random guy popping in, but hopefully these suggestions don't seem too random. I'm really looking forward to V6.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Welcome back.

Current version might take a while, it is not a prep for next one but a full on version.

You can still join others, the main difference is you remain your own entity with armies and npcs.

I know this version isnt for everyone but RP is definitely not an issue i don't think, try it and see worst case you can stop any time

Wrath
New Recruit

Postby Wrath » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Ah, I see. Chinka had said that this was just a test version that he didn't expect to last long. I may or may not decide to join in this round. Managing armies and such isn't what normally draws me to a sim like this, but I may decide to give it a shot.

Bradums
Sergeant

Postby Bradums » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Like Phailak said, there's still a lot of individualism in the game. If anything, more, because it encourages players to do their own thing. You can work as part of an organized kingdom, it's just less "This ruler, and everyone is under his direct control" and more "You elect to act in accordance to his requests, but are never mechanically under his control". Not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm not saying I don't enjoy the other method (I love it), but it's definitely a fun experiment in another style of simming.

V6 is a full version, but at the same time, it's still a work in progress as a new concept. As you can see, we're constantly coming up with aspects to add to the game, so I wouldn't be surprised to see city development and such included in the future. If anything, it's fun to RP in the scenario and enjoy the turns and conflicts. There are also multiple quests to pop into, and those will probably continue to pop up. If you want to be a commander serving another lord, you can do that. If you want to be a wandering assassin or a public support guy, that's totally an option. You can do whatever you want, ICly.

Personally, I'd like to see a variety of characters to add to the mix, so the more the merrier :P

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Another concept I struggled with, developed and then abandoned until I can wrestle with it again next version is something I had called Talents.

So the idea was that at sign up, once you are done, you will be assigned a semi unique talent. It's not part of your reroll process, just something you get at the end. Something like can lead X% more troops, gets X% more HP in duels, +X% escape chance...

I wanted to use the same system for creating properties on items just on a smaller scale.

I said semi unique because not sure I can come up with enough to cover all the sign ups, but yeah they would be in a pool and would need to go through all of them. If we were under 20, I think they'd stay unique

To avoid getting retirements because of the talent, they would be tied to player, not officer. Anyway, thought it could add some uniqueness to characters...

Chinka
Coral Serpent

Postby Chinka » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Yeah the whole pregame background bonuses was a cool aspect from previous versions I was definitely a fan.

So talents are pretty much skills that cannot be acquired through study? Oh and unique to player?

Not sure if I'm a fan but I'm not majorly against either

Chinka
Coral Serpent

Postby Chinka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:17 am

If the next version is simular to this in that there are Gm npcs controlling the cities perhaps some sort of Favor system could be implemented.

Even if it's only purpose is to see where other players loyalties lie.

Chinka
Coral Serpent

Postby Chinka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:21 am

And an artisan skill.

If could auto generate some crafting points or reduce gold cost.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:31 am

Both good, noted

Jolt
Mapmaker

Postby Jolt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 pm

A good idea to further develop the battle system is to add the possibility of more than two forces to contest a settlement, instead of 1 attacker being randomly picked to attack and the other(s) to withdraw.

Besides having to decide who of the several sides goes first (Make it based on the highest Judgement of each commander for instance, or based on highest Intelligence if Judgement is tied), battle mechanics should be roughly the same; you pick a battle strategy and a target for each round, and have at it.

Return to “Other Game Concepts”