Eye of the tiger

KDS
Lord

Re: Eye of the tiger

Postby KDS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:29 am

Phailak wrote:Ji Song - KDS

After several interviews, Song guessed right that a camp follower or worker was the way to go.

(OOC: Sorry for the brevity, swamped at work.)

This ought to be interesting, Song you fool. Who is going to believe your a mercenary? Maybe one of the mercenary's fathers perhaps? That might be a bit more useful. Time to put this silver tongue to work once again...

USING CHA!

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:25 am

OOC:
Need replies and decision on course of action by 9:30 EST 5th please
ONLY 3 MOVE ON NEXT PHASE, so two are dropping here.

Here is a summary that is told to all players with individual RPs below.

It may have looked like a mercenary camp to outsiders or to those that have never been in a camp before but this was an organized military base. Though the men within it dressed like mercs, they were alert and disciplined. Getting through their ranks was a difficult task but not impossible considering the sheer number of men here. We weren't talking a few hundred, they were over one thousand soldiers.
Those able to make their way through the camp would notice these were actually seamen, it was actually evident through their behavior and how they were dressed.
Their commander was present, time to get the man seeking revenge to this camp.
Two ways to get the vengeful man to his prey using force (MIG) or wit (ING).

Liu Quan - Anoriand

The ruse worked, Quan was able to explore the camp at his leisure, confirm the commander was here and get a layout of the camp.

Hu Jing - rcsha

His trick worked, able to walk freely in the place he got what he needed, time to report back.

Ji Song - KDS

The soldiers bantered with the old man but let him be, he was able to gather what he needed and could head back to the man that sent him on this crazy quest in the first place.

Zhao Feng - Wrath

Though he seemed to fool the first guards, he was quickly identified and thrown out of the camp by others.

Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

He barely managed to convince the first guards, he was picked up a few feet later and asked to leave.

OOC: Rolls can be found here

Liu Quan (92), Hu Jing (84), Ji Song (78), Zhao Feng (73), Zhang Gao (60)

Roll 1 => 2
Roll 2 => 27
Roll 3 => 22
Roll 4 => 38
Roll 5 => 55

Totals
Liu Quan (90), Hu Jing (57), Ji Song (56), Zhao Feng (35), Zhang Gao (5)

Wrath and Zhang Gao are out

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 am

Quan having gotten the layout of the camp and the location of the commander and having confirmed he was there, left the camp and returned to the man. It was time to put an end to all of this. He would return back to the man who started this whole hunt, relaying what he had to as he spoke.

"It is done. I have found the man, and he is a commander at a base nearby. I have learned the layout of the camp and even confirmed his presence... now all that is left is to finish this thing." With that, Liu Quan drew his blade, ready to do what needed to be done.

(OOC: Going to use Mig for this!)

rcsha
The Butcher

Postby rcsha » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:28 am

Phailak wrote:Hu Jing - rcsha

His trick worked, able to walk freely in the place he got what he needed, time to report back.

Hu Jing rushed back to the inn to report his findings: The assassin is the commander of a large seafaring expeditionary force of some kind. He fingered the pommels of his knives excitedly. "So...what do ya want t' do about 'im now?"

Definitely going Might!

KDS
Lord

Postby KDS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Ji Song nodded to himself as he affirmed the location of the wanted man. Slipping away from the rest of the mercenary force, he made his way back to the tavern where he had had received this particular request in the first place. Eying the general at entry, Song gave a solemn affirmation and spoke.

"I have found the one that you seek. You asked me for wisdom. It was wisdom that guided me to him. It is wisdom that I speak to you now this: This man is not alone, but secure in position with men at his command. You would be wise to seek the local magistrate's forces to bring the hammer of justice down. To go alone would be asking for death... and I am sure that after having gone through all this, you do not want an immediate death."

(ING Please!)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:26 am

OOC:
Need replies and decision on course of action by 9:30 EST 6th please

This was it, the time he had been waiting for, time for vengeance. The man before you was very emotional though it was difficult to say if it was from rage or excitement? He requested each man to meet him that same night at sundown.
Each of the present men were surprised to see two others there expectantly. The would be avenger explained he had several people help him but the three before him were the only ones to bring him what he needed. As a group of four, they would go into camp tonight and he would kill the murdering foul man and they would escape before any alarms.
As with any plan, things did not go as they should have.

Fate however would offer a new opportunity to the remaining folks who would have to use leadership (COM) or common sense (JUD) to find another way.

Liu Quan - Anoriand

They were almost there when a high ranking officer did a double take upon seeing the man Quan was trying to sneak in. He yelled: "It's Yun, get him!!!". The chaos that ensued actually played into Quan's favor as he fought hard next to his new companions to make it out, though they were only three of them in the end, Jing was no where to be seen.

Hu Jing - rcsha

Jing was thinking there is no way this works when he heard the name Yun shouted. They were swarmed so quickly that he got separated from the group and ended up alone at the edge of camp.

Ji Song - KDS

Song sighed an old man's sigh upon hearing the name Yun. He did his best to avoid conflict while staying near the two men that were fighting their way clear.

OOC: Rolls can be found here

[color=#800080]Liu Quan (73), Hu Jing (84), Ji Song (58)

Roll 1 => 34
Roll 2 => 67
Roll 3 => 19

Totals
Liu Quan (39), Hu Jing (17), Ji Song (39)

rcsha is out!

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:16 am

Quan surveyed the situation, which had quickly turned south, and decided to take control. Quan decided the only hope for this situation was to let the soldiers here know he meant business.

"ENOUGH! I was here already! I am a commander and an officer, and have a larger army stationed nearby with instructions to raze this place to the ground if I do not return! You can either let this man have his justice... or not. I can swear, however, that any man who gives this Yun the chance for the justice he seeks... any who assists him will have a standing offer for a position in my army! You will be paid and taken care of! So don't choose desth... choose life and justice!"

(OOC: Going for Com... because obviously I am.)

KDS
Lord

Postby KDS » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 am

Phailak wrote:Ji Song - KDS

Song sighed an old man's sigh upon hearing the name Yun. He did his best to avoid conflict while staying near the two men that were fighting their way clear.

Ji Song grimaced as another soldier was cut down in front of him. His strength having left him many years ago, he was little more than sword fodder if he got too close to the conflict. It was time for an alternative...

"I'm getting too old for this shit..."

(COM pls)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:40 am

OOC:
Need replies and decision on course of action by NOON EST 6th please

Quan's words fell on deaf ears as the guards closed in but Yun was able to wedge through on one side, setting fire to a tent causing even more confusion. Song caught site of a small hunting party returning to the east. When he pointed that out to Yun, the man's eyes gleamed and he led the other two in that direction. As they moved away from the camp it fell under attack from another group flying Cao Cao's banners. Rumors had been going on for weeks of a force within Jing belonging to the northern Lord. A smaller vanguard hit the hunting party and the fighting was fierce as the trio arrived. This was insanity, they should be leaving. The commander was within that hunting party and was now isolated between all the fighting troops as he cut down man after man coming at him. He was a glorious fighter and doubt crept up into the all three men, Yun the most.

No more tests, RP all the way through from now on with the sole remaining participant.

Liu Quan - Anoriand

Quan stayed by Yun the whole time. Now as their target cut down a final foe and turned to them with grim determination, Yun took strength from his companion's presence... or maybe it was the whole two versus one.

The man before them frowned.

"I thought the Zhang clan wiped out."

Yun took a breath and replied.

"Qin you bastard, prepare to die."

Yet neither moved.

Ji Song - KDS

The old man tried to keep up but in the end got lost behind all the fighting and ended up alone on the northern side of camp, deciding to flee while he could in the confusion of battle.

OOC: Rolls can be found [url]here[/url]

[color=#800080]Liu Quan (92), Ji Song (55)

Roll 1 => 27
Roll 2 => 59

Totals
Liu Quan (65), Ji Song (-4)

KDS is out!

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Quan eyed the man before him. He was clearly a hell of a warrior, likely better than Quan or Yun alone... but this was no normal fight. This was vengeance... hell. This was justice. Quan knew what he had to do, and that was ignite the flame. If he could spark the fire inside Yun, that fiery craving for justice and vengeance, the two of them could prevail. His next words came with strength and authority, enough that both men could hear.

"Yun... now is the time. We have worked hard. We have searched. We fought our way here... and now here he is! The man who killed your brother. The man you killed your father! The man who tried to kill YOU! I told you when this thing started I would see it done... and I will not yield. Ready yourself, and together let us finally get the justice you seek!" Quan gripped his blade with both hands and readied himself, getting in position to strike in tandem with his ally and watching to see how the other man acted. This was going to be the toughest fight he had had, and he was not going to take it lightly...

Return to “Quests”